2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Crossfield on staff with Titleist (MERGED)

jonsnow

If he wasn't getting free stuff before, why get all pissy about it now? What's his deal.... I think n the analogy of getting turned down by a girl and now is trashing her seems pretty accurate.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG Black Ops 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not bitter. Honest.

If you want to watch it. I managed about 4-5 minutes of it.

I don't understand Titleist's decision to sign him. Why!!

Of course he's not going to get sent stuff now, he seems to have an inflated opinion of himself and his abilities.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

You are buying into the whole "but I'm honest!" crap that Crossfield blathers on about for 20 minutes, which is both 1) irrelevant and 2) an excuse to make a ranty clickbait video.

His credibility is immaterial. TaylorMade made a business decision, because like every company they have strategies and policies. Whether Crossfield or any of us agree / disagree with it, is besides the point. Stirring up random and self-victimising speculation, though, as Crossfield seems intent on doing -- in a public arena, no less -- is laughably unprofessional.

Moreover, the fact that Crossfield actually feels validated in posting a video so eloquently titled TAYLORMADE GOLF HATES ME in all-caps, and spends the entire time sarcastically deferring to "lol TaylorMade logic amirite?!" -- as though he is somehow a significant part of their everyday business decision-making -- speaks both to a total lack of business acumen, and a seriously over-inflated sense of his little Youtube channel's entitlement.

I do believe he is honest in his reviews, to me that is the exact opposite of irrelevant. I don't know what else you're looking for in a review.

You took it as a "ranty clickbait video", I saw it a little different. It's a glimpse into the way TM looks to do business, and what they expect from their staff. You might be ok with it, I am not and I am glad Mark chose the route he did. It does seem, for now, like he will be able to openly have a club deal and still do unbiased reviews. He's not like Shiels, he's not constantly pinning driver vs driver to see who's going to be longer, it's just not his style. He gets a club, talks about it, reviews the data and lets the viewer decide on their own where they want to go next. What's dishonest about that? LOL

I never saw the part where MC claims to be the victim. They don't want to send him a club to review, he'll just get it himself. Didn't seem all that bothered by it.

Just a lot of unsubstantiated claims tossed around in your post, it just sounds more like a bash fest than a discussion over information and facts that we have in front of us at this point.

This thread is funny... people screaming "BIAS!!!!" then attacking the guy on stuff that hasn't even happened yet because they already don't like him for reasons, having nothing to do with the Titleist signing... Irony.

You never saw the part where Crossfield claims to be the victim? Hmmmm.... I dunno, maybe it's IN THE TITLE OF HIS VIDEO!

LOL!

And then you finish your post talking about bias...

SMH

I seriously think you are missing the point of that video, especially the title... You interpret it as him thinking he's a victim, I interpret it as "CLICK ME". It seemed as simple as that. Do you really think Mark doesn't deal with haters on a regular basis on YT? Yet, somehow he keeps going on with life.

You already hate the guy so you're sensitive to everything he says and it irks you more... I totally get it. He can be that kind of guy.

Just ask yourself... is Mark sitting in a corner right now sulking about TM not giving him a club or is he laughing it up watching views and subs go up while he bathes in a tub of ProV1 Xs... LOL

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* HZRDUS blue PVD 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Ping i230 5-P  KBS CTL 115

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

He's merely making up for the channel views that he lost not being able to have a review up like everyone else...nothing more.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

You are buying into the whole "but I'm honest!" crap that Crossfield blathers on about for 20 minutes, which is both 1) irrelevant and 2) an excuse to make a ranty clickbait video.

His credibility is immaterial. TaylorMade made a business decision, because like every company they have strategies and policies. Whether Crossfield or any of us agree / disagree with it, is besides the point. Stirring up random and self-victimising speculation, though, as Crossfield seems intent on doing -- in a public arena, no less -- is laughably unprofessional.

Moreover, the fact that Crossfield actually feels validated in posting a video so eloquently titled TAYLORMADE GOLF HATES ME in all-caps, and spends the entire time sarcastically deferring to "lol TaylorMade logic amirite?!" -- as though he is somehow a significant part of their everyday business decision-making -- speaks both to a total lack of business acumen, and a seriously over-inflated sense of his little Youtube channel's entitlement.

I do believe he is honest in his reviews, to me that is the exact opposite of irrelevant. I don't know what else you're looking for in a review.

You took it as a "ranty clickbait video", I saw it a little different. It's a glimpse into the way TM looks to do business, and what they expect from their staff. You might be ok with it, I am not and I am glad Mark chose the route he did. It does seem, for now, like he will be able to openly have a club deal and still do unbiased reviews. He's not like Shiels, he's not constantly pinning driver vs driver to see who's going to be longer, it's just not his style. He gets a club, talks about it, reviews the data and lets the viewer decide on their own where they want to go next. What's dishonest about that? LOL

I never saw the part where MC claims to be the victim. They don't want to send him a club to review, he'll just get it himself. Didn't seem all that bothered by it.

Just a lot of unsubstantiated claims tossed around in your post, it just sounds more like a bash fest than a discussion over information and facts that we have in front of us at this point.

This thread is funny... people screaming "BIAS!!!!" then attacking the guy on stuff that hasn't even happened yet because they already don't like him for reasons, having nothing to do with the Titleist signing... Irony.

You never saw the part where Crossfield claims to be the victim? Hmmmm.... I dunno, maybe it's IN THE TITLE OF HIS VIDEO!

LOL!

SMH

I seriously think you are missing the point of that video, especially the title... You interpret it as him thinking he's a victim, I interpret it as "CLICK ME". It seemed as simple as that. Do you really think Mark doesn't deal with haters on a regular basis on YT? Yet, somehow he keeps going on with life.

You already hate the guy so you're sensitive to everything he says and it irks you more... I totally get it. He can be that kind of guy.

Just ask yourself... is Mark sitting in a corner right now sulking about TM not giving him a club or is he laughing it up watching views and subs go up while he bathes in a tub or ProV1 Xs... LOL

I think it is on his mind more than you think. This is the first major club release since his deal, and an OEM decided not to supply him. Granted he does have a history with TM, but what if Callaway follows? And then all the other OEMs?

Also his channel growth has been quite slow as of late and I would argue reviews are what gets subscribers. I know most of the YouTube personalities I follow I was introduced to through reviews. If his growth stagnates and he is being lapped by other YouTubers how long until Titleist feels there money is spent better elsewhere?

LOL!

SMH

Just ask yourself... is Mark sitting in a corner right now sulking about TM not giving him a club or is he laughing it up watching views and subs go up while he bathes in a tub or ProV1 Xs... LOL

I think it is on his mind more than you think. This is the first major club release since his deal, and an OEM decided not to supply him. Granted he does have a history with TM, but what if Callaway follows? And then all the other OEMs?

Also his channel growth has been quite slow as of late and I would argue reviews are what gets subscribers. I know most of the YouTube personalities I follow I was introduced to through reviews. If his growth stagnates and he is being lapped by other YouTubers how long until Titleist feels there money is spent better elsewhere?

The way hes performing i would be surprised if Titleist aren't reviewing the deal right now.

I dont think being associated with him is very good for the brand.

The whole "Taylormade Golf Hate Me" video is unprofessional and comes off as a whiny girl who got stood up on a date.

The channel name is Mark Crossfield, the video titles are Mark Crossfield, Mark is the primary person that does reviews so his belief that TM over reacted because there are others who appear in some of his videos that don't have a deal with Titliest is pure idiocy. If these other members were deemed valuable to the channel, Titleist would have signed them.

The letters from TM were private, Mark has the right to read them but again, very unprofessional. He claims he has no ax to grind but cheap shots TM every chance he gets. He touts Titleist for allowing him to have one non-Titleist club in his bag but it's one club out of 14.

His asinine comparison of himself to Rory and DJ demonstrates his immaturity and lack of understanding. Rory and DJ do not do club reviews, they are paid to represent TM and everything they do is pro TM, so by comparing himself to them he's admitting he will be biased.

Mark comes off really poorly in this video, he should stick to reviews.

I think you missed his whole point about that.. he was more or less talking about how TM chooses to do business and market their product through people. So had he chosen to go with TM, in essence he would be on some kind of level with those Tour Pros who are TM staff. They do exactly what TM wants, they prop up the product and talk about it like it is the end all be all of golf equipment. You heard Rory gush about the ball up on the podium, I mean, c'mon... LOL BUT, I get why they do that. TO THE MAIN POINT OF THE WHOLE THREAD...

They wanted Mark to do the same which at the end of the day means he COULD NOT have the room to do fair club reviews, thats why he went with Titleist, because they are supposedly telling him that HE CAN do things the way he was doing them before (remains to be seen admittedly). They are just going to get some product placement in the videos, BFD. There is a huge difference, and those of you that are screaming "BIAS" should see this. TM wanted him to be biased, which WOULD change the way he would have to do everything, Titleist does not care and are willing to work with him.

Maybe there's more to the reason Adidas wanted to sell them off.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

They didn't supply him last time, they gave him just a putter or something. It's not new really.... plus, he'll go get the club himself. I would imagine thats how most of these guys start, they don't just get free stuff off the bat, they need to prove something first. And what if the others do follow? It could happen... BUT.... What if they don't?! Right now, to some, Mark looks like a whiner and to some TM look like whiners... The other OEM probably want to stay out of it at this point... I think that's smart... let it play out see what kind of exposure Titleist gets out of it, then when the contract is up they are free to pay Mark, or any other YTer, for the same exposure. It's a win for the OEM IMO....It's more exposure when more and more people are turning to YT for info, not just about golf but for news and other info in general.

True he hasn't put much out lately but his sub numbers are up from a week ago, even days ago. I bet this site alone has been a contributing factor...

Rick already has about twice as many subs, Titleist could have gone there, maybe they have, who knows, but I am sure they did their research beforehand.

I get it, a lot of "what ifs" right now... just has to play out.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

Wow, a guy that has never played a lick on any tour gets 20+ pages on WRX for signing an equipment deal? He must be doing something right.

It's because golf in general, tournament or youtube, is at its core entertainment. And when you take the top few guys from the PGA tour out of the mix, a lot of the rank and file are not nearly as entertaining as Mark Crossfield and may other youtube golf personalities.

I would think by now Mark would be pretty well connected & could be able to obtain any club he wants to review at no charge. No one needs to know where he got the club. Just get it, review it & be done with it.

I do think he's making a big deal of the TM snub to try to discourage other major club manufacturers from doing what TM has done. Not sure what Titleist is paying him but I hope it's a lot of $. This might be a misstep for him. I think he was getting a lot of free trips & other goodies from some of the bigger companies. Interesting to see how this plays out. Will TM cave in? Will other companies quit sending Mark equipment? Stay tuned!

Driver: Ping G430 LST 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid:Callaway Paradym @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

Mark is a Genius for making the Vblog and ranting about Taylor Made. There is no way TM is going too respond to him and even if they do Mark gets the publicity and TM will look

ridiculous. 18 pages of opinions and still going strong. I have seen him getting roasted on FB and YouTube but he's getting paid either way.

The TM hates me vid has nearly 50000 views at this point...he's looking pretty smart right now.

All I know is I'm interested to see what his custom Scotty looks like :)

So it's just about the views? Shiels has 73k for his M3/M4 video. Does that make it s fail for Crossfied?

33k for this one isn't shabby either:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_Glxuf73w&t=2s[/media]

...interesting how many thumbs down it received...

...seems like, that humor isn't the strength of everyone.

I'm a Crossfield fan and I actually gave that one a Thumbs Up. Liam seems like a good guy and I think he was just having some fun with this. There's another one that popped up on my Recommended list (that I won't give a link to because I don't want to promote it) that I gave a Thumbs Down to because the guy just seemed to come across as a jerk.

Liam has in my opinion a refreshing different approach to this theme, and to other too serious stuff...

...I hope that Randy (from Fried Eggs Golf) also continues his channel - both are quite unique with their content.

[media=]

[/media]

TM didn't stop giving him free stuff because he signed the deal with Titleist. He wasn't getting stuff from TaylorMade for free last year either, had to get TM stuff from other sources to do the reviews and yet went to that trouble to review them anyway and in many cases was highly complimentary of their equipment. Highest compliment he gives clubs in reviews is that "it's as good as anything else on the market", and that's routinely his assessment of TaylorMade clubs of all types.

Quite amazing how so many can so badly miss the point he's making. As he keeps repeating, his core message is:

1. Get lessons regularly from a local professional.

2. Get fit for any equipment purchase and use the fitting as an educational experience.

3. Use the equipment that you feel will help you play your best and enjoy the game the most regardless of brand.

TM are acting the way they are because MC's message undermines the mythology they (and other companies) try so hard to create with their marketing. That marketing, and tech labelled innovative that other companies experimented with 5 years ago, is really all TM have left in the segment of the equipment market upon which they once had a choke-hold.

Great post, sir.

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

They didn't supply him last time, they gave him just a putter or something. It's not new really.... plus, he'll go get the club himself. I would imagine thats how most of these guys start, they don't just get free stuff off the bat, they need to prove something first. And what if the others do follow? It could happen... BUT.... What if they don't?! Right now, to some, Mark looks like a whiner and to some TM look like whiners... The other OEM probably want to stay out of it at this point... I think that's smart... let it play out see what kind of exposure Titleist gets out of it, then when the contract is up they are free to pay Mark, or any other YTer, for the same exposure. It's a win for the OEM IMO....It's more exposure when more and more people are turning to YT for info, not just about golf but for news and other info in general.

True he hasn't put much out lately but his sub numbers are up from a week ago, even days ago. I bet this site alone has been a contributing factor...

Rick already has about twice as many subs, Titleist could have gone there, maybe they have, who knows, but I am sure they did their research beforehand.

Rick has 260K subscribers.........Crossfield has 233K.............I don't see that as twice as many subscribers

Rick has 260K subscribers.........Crossfield has 233K.............I don't see that as twice as many subscribers

You are correct. My bad... last time I looked I thought he had over 500k. Don't know where I saw that....

Nike VFP 4i KBS CTL 115

MC's first Post-Titleist review is now up: the Callaway X Forged UT.

Gave it a very good review:

"definitely looks good. sounds good. If I was this kind of player I could absolutely game it. Go test it and let me know what you think"

In other words, no difference to any of his pre-Titleist reviews.

And he's still got sour grapes and trying to take jabs at TM...

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I don't think you can accurately say that reviews are what gets subscribers as there are likely many reasons why someone might subscribe to a certain channel. I was initially introduced to most YouTube golf channels looking for instruction, then later looking for course vlogs or general golf talk/entertainment.

I personally don't care much about reviews and usually don't watch any of them, as I figure "it's the archer, not the arrow". About the only time I'll watch one is if it's something obscure, like when Teeuplo reviewed the Benross clubs. If I see a pro playing a certain club on tour, I can pretty much assume it works.

MC's first Post-Titleist review is now up: the Callaway X Forged UT.

Gave it a very good review:

"definitely looks good. sounds good. If I was this kind of player I could absolutely game it. Go test it and let me know what you think"

In other words, no difference to any of his pre-Titleist reviews.

And he's still got sour grapes and trying to take jabs at TM...

Are you really surprised by that?

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

On a side note funny how is epic outperformed titleist but he switched cause it's too low and ball was falling out of the sky. Never seen a vlog where he expressed that concern. Also look st Rick shiels driver testing for 5 years Callaway wasvnumber 1 in drivers released and TM number 2.

He said it in a lot of videos. It was the reason he switched from the Sub Zero to the standard Epic.

I don't think you can accurately say that reviews are what gets subscribers as there are likely many reasons why someone might subscribe to a certain channel. I was initially introduced to most YouTube golf channels looking for instruction, then later looking for course vlogs or general golf talk/entertainment.

I personally don't care much about reviews and usually don't watch any of them, as I figure "it's the archer, not the arrow". About the only time I'll watch one is if it's something obscure, like when Teeuplo reviewed the Benross clubs. If I see a pro playing a certain club on tour, I can pretty much assume it works.

The review videos typically get higher numbers of views which are also important. Particularly driver reviews.

I like crossfield and find his content generally entertaining, but man, that guy does not know how to let something go. If he's going to talk about his gripe with TM in every one of this videos, I can't watch all that whining.

Yep, even if you think he had a point (which to an extent I think he did) he needs to let it go.

He made his point in his original 20 min video.

Mark is a Genius for making the Vblog and ranting about Taylor Made. There is no way TM is going too respond to him and even if they do Mark gets the publicity and TM will look

ridiculous. 18 pages of opinions and still going strong. I have seen him getting roasted on FB and YouTube but he's getting paid either way.

The TM hates me vid has nearly 50000 views at this point...he's looking pretty smart right now.

All I know is I'm interested to see what his custom Scotty looks like :)

So it's just about the views? Shiels has 73k for his M3/M4 video. Does that make it s fail for Crossfied?

33k for this one isn't shabby either:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_Glxuf73w&t=2s[/media]

...interesting how many thumbs down it received...

...seems like, that humor isn't the strength of everyone.

Particularly the muppet who created the video.

Well, up / down thumbs are about 50 / 50,

so, at least some people are able to share his humor.

(whereas I do neither share his, nor MCs humor every time...)

Everyone operates with an agenda, And especially so in the internet.

Tm is not sending him clubs because he’s signed with titleiest, discussed cleverly as “ you are now officially unbiased”.

Crossfield disagrees because he’s captain 262 and he knows any review he does will only reinforce captain 262 and TM knows this but cleverly disguised as “hey I’m an internet guy and if you don’t send me product because I’m a professional reviewer I MUST let everyone know that you didn’t because I need my YouTube channel to generate an income”. Crossfield could have chosen to say nothing but that wasn’t an option because it would have quickly exposed the situation, how can teeuplo ( the average golfer) have a review up and you wait until 2 months later when it is released to retail? So he has to say something as shiels and others have their reviews up already.

This whole situation is brilliant. On both sides. I take no side here. This is like one big social experiment case study in university psych 101.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Everyone operates with an agenda, And especially so in the internet.

Tm is not sending him clubs because he’s signed with titleiest, discussed cleverly as “ you are now officially unbiased”.

Crossfield disagrees because he’s captain 262 and he knows any review he does will only reinforce captain 262 and TM knows this but cleverly disguised as “hey I’m an internet guy and if you don’t send me product because I’m a professional reviewer I MUST let everyone know that you didn’t because I need my YouTube channel to generate an income”. Crossfield could have chosen to say nothing but that wasn’t an option because it would have quickly exposed the situation, how can teeuplo ( the average golfer) have a review up and you wait until 2 months later when it is released to retail? So he has to say something as shiels and others have their reviews up already.

This whole situation is brilliant. On both sides. I take no side here. This is like one big social experiment case study in university psych 101.

thats not correct and has been said numerous times on here and by MC himself.

The video where he carries on about Taylormade is a bit long. At first I thought he is really whining - and he is. But then I think, why doesn't TM just send him some stuff? If they've every watched his videos he doesn't seem biased in one direction or the other during his reviews.

Then I remember, TM stopped sending him stuff before he was signed with Titleist. So what the heck man?

Then I think, well if you're going to base your career off of unbiased reviews of golf equipment - why would you sign with anyone? That doesn't make sense!

Then I think what I actually think. I like to watch equipment reviews and I think Mark does a good job. Taylormade is unscrupulous with their "new technology" ploys, relentless with their release cycle, annoying with their marketing and they still make really good clubs. Really good clubs.

For me, I'm going to stick with PING and Mizzy primarily because of many reasons.

I think TM is playing a dangerous game that they can't possibly win against the educated golf community. They are counting on us all being sheep.

Taylormade Sim 2 9.0 Project X Hzrdus Blue 60G | Mizuno JPX 919 Forged on KBS T120 | Cobra FlyZ 3W | Cobra FlyZ 5h | Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 Olympic Bronze | Vice Pro |