Crossfield on staff with Titleist (MERGED)

jonsnow

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark is one up against another Euro Tour Pro going into Part II.

Executive course and Mark is using the pro's (Titleist) clubs.

Course is all synthetic - great ad for it; looks to be a beauty and great for practice. And the pro seems to be laughing along as they are playing.

Watched part 1 last night, it was entertaining, obviously before the big announcement since he was showing the ball with his face on it. Looking forward to part 2.

He yucks it up almost a little too much for my taste, always has with his vlogs with Tour pros, but some of them get into the spirit and nail him right back pretty good. Westwood still my favorite in that department (Sullivan is just too nuts to even hardly understand).

I love these blogs too....in fact, I prefer watching these than being bored on Sky golf channel.

My favourite was Nicolas Colsaert.... absolutely fantastic. MAC incessant banter and Colsaert hitting it long.

One thing for sure, Parfield is the only youtuber that gets such a variety of tour Pro's who obviously enjoy his wit and banter.

The more I think about this thread the more it makes me laugh.

Mark Crossfield is just a pro on YouTube having a bit of fun, making some people laugh doing some reviews. Some of his golf vlogs can be fantastic so what does it matter about TaylorMade and Titleist. These guys are not gods, are not politicians that run our lives.Yes, it's all fun I really think we all need a reality check.

As I posted previously, who gives a rats ...!! Maybe the ones who are torn between TM or Titleist but I could give a rats ... less. Not only is TM not sending him anything more for reviewing, they chose not to participate in the other sites unbiased review program either by not donating equipment for reviews. That speaks volumes to me!

you, clearly, as you keep coming back to post....

Yeah, I return every once in a while. I think k the guys a clown personality. And NO, I'm not torn between TM or Callaway, I'm a W/S guy! It's just amusing if you will, at the nonsense of this clown and how TM ditches the guy all of a sudden. I've trued watching his reviews to no avail whatsoever. Best of luck to finding fairways in the upcoming season!

That would certainly help him keep his card 'boggy' free.

The more I think about this thread the more it makes me laugh.

Mark Crossfield is just a pro on YouTube having a bit of fun, making some people laugh doing some reviews. Some of his golf vlogs can be fantastic so what does it matter about TaylorMade and Titleist. These guys are not gods, are not politicians that run our lives.Yes, it's all fun I really think we all need a reality check.

As I posted previously, who gives a rats ...!! Maybe the ones who are torn between TM or Titleist but I could give a rats ... less. Not only is TM not sending him anything more for reviewing, they chose not to participate in the other sites unbiased review program either by not donating equipment for reviews. That speaks volumes to me!

you, clearly, as you keep coming back to post....

Yeah, I return every once in a while. I think k the guys a clown personality. And NO, I'm not torn between TM or Callaway, I'm a W/S guy! It's just amusing if you will, at the nonsense of this clown and how TM ditches the guy all of a sudden. I've trued watching his reviews to no avail whatsoever. Best of luck to finding fairways in the upcoming season!

That would certainly help him keep his card 'boggy' free.

Not necessarily!! ✌️I’m out!!

ya mean a giraffe?

In my formative rhyming slang years giraffes were just things found in Regents park zoo. :taunt:

Got to ask you for some clarification.

Andy and his opponents often gamble for who buys a pint after the round. I know this is a beer (duh) but they make it sound like it is costly. I know when my buddies and I play for a round afterwards it's about $8 per man or so. Is this about the same there?

Funny thing - Mark and company were in a restaurant and were chatting about some golf subject and he was "enjoying a pint". It looked like it was a fairly good sized glass or beer. The next course vlog Rory was talking about having "one too many pints last night". : )

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

ya mean a giraffe?

In my formative rhyming slang years giraffes were just things found in Regents park zoo. :taunt:

Got to ask you for some clarification.

Andy and his opponents often gamble for who buys a pint after the round. I know this is a beer (duh) but they make it sound like it is costly. I know when my buddies and I play for a round afterwards it's about $8 per man or so. Is this about the same there?

Funny thing - Mark and company were in a restaurant and were chatting about some golf subject and he was "enjoying a pint". It looked like it was a fairly good sized glass or beer. The next course vlog Rory was talking about having "one too many pints last night". : )

A pint is an imperial measure, equivalent to approx 2 bottles of bud.

Around the London area some clubs will charge £5 a pint. In the North its usually about £4 a pint. £ is currently 1.36 $. So a bit dearer than your equivalent.

Varying strengths of beer but a regular drinker can sink 7 or 8 pints in a night. Any more and youre usually comatose. Hence the saying " one over the 8" for a drunk.

Its not the money that hurts, just the having to buy it and the ribbing that goes with it. :drinks:

I was enjoying this thread but fizzling out now.

p.s noted me and my golfs latest video with DJ (awkward interview) gushing over the M3 giving him longer and straighter shots, yet he won at the weekend with the M4!

My guess is because it’s really a non issue, this MC/Titleist thing..

DJ could play with a tin can tied to a stick right now. I would imagine twist face doesn’t matter much if you’re hitting it mostly out of the center anyway....

I have to say though, hopefully not beating the dead horse... but this whole thing with MC and him now possibly being biased... I find it interesting how TM has sort of set the stage for their reviewers. We’ve seen what happens when someone speaks out against them or disagrees with something they do, so to me it seems the remaining people doing reviews now know that hey have to find a way to shed positive light on TM product regardless. So TM is creating a bias amongst the reviewers in a way... to me, watching the M3/4 reviews, it looks like people are struggling to defend the tech and if it’s really going to help or not. It’s easy to see, it’s not revolutionary but nobody seems to be saying it. Ali Taylor, obviously a whore, actually said it would be “massively beneficial” for him after he sprayed the ball all over the place and carried it shorter than just about anything else he has tried.

Not saying it’s junk but it’s obvious this move they pull with MC puts them in control of the reviews and reviewers and those guys know it. Good luck getting honest feedback now... people think MC is gonna shill for Titleist, watch how these others gush over the latest and greatest from TM so they can stay afloat.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

How can a guy who only ever says "All these clubs are great, you can't really get more performance out of any one of them versus the other, pick the one you like the best" possibly be biased? What form would this "bias" take?

The reviews go beyond standard performance issues (i.e. distance, spin, etc.) in regards to which I agree MC feels any major manufacturer is about the same. They also can contain comments concerning feel, looks, appearance at set up, consistency... etc. Not to mention the demeanor of the reviewer and other subtle things which might influence a potential purchaser.

Mark is one up against another Euro Tour Pro going into Part II.

Executive course and Mark is using the pro's (Titleist) clubs.

Course is all synthetic - great ad for it; looks to be a beauty and great for practice. And the pro seems to be laughing along as they are playing.

Watched part 1 last night, it was entertaining, obviously before the big announcement since he was showing the ball with his face on it. Looking forward to part 2.

He yucks it up almost a little too much for my taste, always has with his vlogs with Tour pros, but some of them get into the spirit and nail him right back pretty good. Westwood still my favorite in that department (Sullivan is just too nuts to even hardly understand).

I love these blogs too....in fact, I prefer watching these than being bored on Sky golf channel.

My favourite was Nicolas Colsaert.... absolutely fantastic. MAC incessant banter and Colsaert hitting it long.

One thing for sure, Parfield is the only youtuber that gets such a variety of tour Pro's who obviously enjoy his wit and banter.

I rewatch that on a regular basis. At the start when Nico zones in on the buggy it's comical

It's not about bias. It's about credibility, and there's a difference.

Reviewers offer opinions. Opinions are subjective by definition. People watch, listen, read because they want to know what people like MC have to say.

MC is not biased now because he signed with titleist. But he does have a credibility problem due to a conflict of interest.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

I don't think "TM" is particularly concerned about any adverse sales effects due to "MC" saying "I rather like this particular shade of grey on the new Titleist, and I've always hated white shafts".

True maybe not directly that.. but it all adds up. Imagine this set of comments... none of which is really about sheer performance.

"I don't really like the way the clubs sit or look at address. The feel is a bit clicky to me and not as soft as others I've tried. I don't think I could game these because of the looks and feel."

It's not going to make you want to run out and try them then is it?

I don't think "TM" is particularly concerned about any adverse sales effects due to "MC" saying "I rather like this particular shade of grey on the new Titleist, and I've always hated white shafts".

True maybe not directly that.. but it all adds up. Imagine this set of comments... none of which is really about sheer performance.

"I don't really like the way the clubs sit or look at address. The feel is a bit clicky to me and not as soft as others I've tried. I don't think I could game these because of the looks and feel."

There ain’t a single thing any clown on YouTube says that could make me want to try or not try something. Surely you can see he is just goofing around and not seriously “testing” or “comparing” anything. He never hits two shots in a row without backing off to attempt a “funny” comment or some other random babble. He is just clowning around in front of the camera.

Just seen the YouTube on this from Crossfield. Really does paint Taylormade in an extremely poor light. Makes them look like a set of whingers, pretty pathetic to be honest. He'll just do the test anyway, so why make a big deal of not sending him the club and get loads of bad PR? Their PR team must be completely clueless.

Anyway, I've decided to cancel my P790 order, it will be a while before my clubs arrived anyway as I wanted customer shafts, but I just don't want to support a brand who behaves like this. Think I've bought my last TM club! Well done TM!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 917D2 9.5 Diamana red R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Taylor Made M2 16.5 Diamana green R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Callaway Epic Heaven Wood [/color][/size][/font][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Diamana green R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZH65 22 degree Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZU65 5 [/size][/font][/color][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon Z565 6-W Nippon NS Pro 950GH R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno S18 50/55/60[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Studio Stock 3 [/size][/font][/color]

There ain’t a single thing any clown on YouTube says that could make me want to try or not try something. Surely you can see he is just goofing around and not seriously “testing” or “comparing” anything. He never hits two shots in a row without backing off to attempt a “funny” comment or some other random babble. He is just clowning around in front of the camera.

I'm with you about being influenced by him but those who are not influenced may be the exception and not necessarily the rule. He certainly likes to have a good time.. but he is intending to give a subjective review of the clubs he is testing. Also you have to remember that effect and intent are not necessarily connected. I think there are lots of viewers who are influenced by what to try if not what to buy by social media sites such as MC's.

Just seen the YouTube on this from Crossfield. Really does paint Taylormade in an extremely poor light. Makes them look like a set of whingers, pretty pathetic to be honest. He'll just do the test anyway, so why make a big deal of not sending him the club and get loads of bad PR? Their PR team must be completely clueless.

Anyway, I've decided to cancel my P790 order, it will be a while before my clubs arrived anyway as I wanted customer shafts, but I just don't want to support a brand who behaves like this. Think I've bought my last TM club! Well done TM!

Pretty much proof in the pudding of what I have been saying about the potential influence I guess. :dntknw:

I was going to look at the drivers until they harassed a WRXer about a photo he posted of the M4. I'll never touch a TM now.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I was going to look at the drivers until they harassed a WRXer about a photo he posted of the M4. I'll never touch a TM now.

I've always rated TM woods as the best, but disliked the short product cycles (bought an R1 in July after it had come out 6 months earlier and then they replaced it with a new model in August and felt conned) and the crazy marketing claiming their clubs can put men on mars, and now this. I just don't think they are ethical, enough is enough. Titleist may be a bit old school, but you know they will only release new gear that works and it will hold it's value. I'm no big Titleist fan btw, don't like their pro staff roster and only have one Titleist club in the bag, but they are a decent company with strong ethics IMHO.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 917D2 9.5 Diamana red R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Taylor Made M2 16.5 Diamana green R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Callaway Epic Heaven Wood [/color][/size][/font][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Diamana green R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZH65 22 degree Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZU65 5 [/size][/font][/color][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon Z565 6-W Nippon NS Pro 950GH R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno S18 50/55/60[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Studio Stock 3 [/size][/font][/color]

a bit harsh

Lost in all of this is the one value that is the single most important consideration when it comes to spending time watching videos online. (or anywhere else actually)

The entertainment value.

And therein lay the subjectivity of the whole matter. I like his videos. Others hate them. To each their own as the saying goes. For me his videos offer enormous entertainment value and I don't mind spending some of my downtime relaxing and enjoying them. I personally know others who openly hate his work and can't sit through even 1/2 hour of it. They can't convince me that he sucks and I can't convince them he's funny and a great watch.

End the thread.......

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Lost in all of this is the one value that is the single most important consideration when it comes to spending time watching videos online. (or anywhere else actually)

The entertainment value.

And therein lay the subjectivity of the whole matter. I like his videos. Others hate them. To each their own as the saying goes. For me his videos offer enormous entertainment value and I don't mind spending some of my downtime relaxing and enjoying them. I personally know others who openly hate his work and can't sit through even 1/2 hour of it. They can't convince me that he sucks and I can't convince them he's funny and a great watch.

End the thread.......

Have you also considered, that some people like some of his videos, and some not?

I don't see the need to paint it black and white, or love and hate.

There are more than 1001 shades of gray.

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

Have you also considered, that some people like some of his videos, and some not?

I don't see the need to paint it black and white, or love and hate.

There are more than 1001 shades of gray.

The people that don't like his videos don't matter.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash