Crossfield on staff with Titleist (MERGED)

jonsnow

Lost in all of this is the one value that is the single most important consideration when it comes to spending time watching videos online. (or anywhere else actually)

The entertainment value.

And therein lay the subjectivity of the whole matter. I like his videos. Others hate them. To each their own as the saying goes. For me his videos offer enormous entertainment value and I don't mind spending some of my downtime relaxing and enjoying them. I personally know others who openly hate his work and can't sit through even 1/2 hour of it. They can't convince me that he sucks and I can't convince them he's funny and a great watch.

End the thread.......

Have you also considered, that some people like some of his videos, and some not?

I don't see the need to paint it black and white, or love and hate.

There are more than 1001 shades of gray.

Your point is valid. But doesn't change mine.

One of my buddies will only watch his course vlogs. Hates everything else and makes fun of me for watching them. Could not care less. At the end of a long day I enjoy opening an ice cold Bud Light with Lime, sitting down to a few mindless golf videos from mostly Brits and just winding down. I laugh, I relax and I enjoy it. Why should I care what anyone else likes or dislikes? That's my whole point actually. And as I said it isn't changed by your point.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost in all of this is the one value that is the single most important consideration when it comes to spending time watching videos online. (or anywhere else actually)

The entertainment value.

And therein lay the subjectivity of the whole matter. I like his videos. Others hate them. To each their own as the saying goes. For me his videos offer enormous entertainment value and I don't mind spending some of my downtime relaxing and enjoying them. I personally know others who openly hate his work and can't sit through even 1/2 hour of it. They can't convince me that he sucks and I can't convince them he's funny and a great watch.

End the thread.......

Have you also considered, that some people like some of his videos, and some not?

I thought there were only 50?

I'll show myself out...

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

I thought there were only 50?

I'll show myself out...

I thought it.

You posted it.

: )

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

The people that don't like his videos don't matter.

Interesting, can you please further elaborate your point?

Or do you also think, that people that like his videos don't matter?

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

I think this could easily turn into another "there's no such thing as an average golfer" thread......

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

I think this could easily turn into another "there's no such thing as an average golfer" thread......

You mentioned the entertainment value (of MC) - well, what do you think we do in a MC dedicated thread?

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

You would never know, judging by this thread, that most people can watch his videos without forming some sort of opinion (be it "black or white") about him. It doesn't go for all, I realize that but while there weren't many MC superfans in here (myself included), there did seem to be enough people that already had their own opinions of the guy having nothing to do with the topic at hand, that were negative. And that's fine but I highly doubt those people are watching ANY of his videos.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

The entertainment value.

End the thread.......

You would never know, judging by this thread, that most people can watch his videos without forming some sort of opinion (be it "black or white") about him. It doesn't go for all, I realize that but while there weren't many MC superfans in here (myself included), there did seem to be enough people that already had their own opinions of the guy having nothing to do with the topic at hand, that were negative. And that's fine but I highly doubt those people are watching ANY of his videos.

I watched some of MC's videos and thought he was okay. I didn't like how he trashed TM and think he's lost objectivity having signed a deal with Titleist. I wasn't a subscriber prior to his deal and certainly won't be given he's signed a deal but that doesn't mean I won't watch his videos if they cover a club or course I'm interested in.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I was a longtime subscriber who had unsubscribed a few months back. His TM rant confirmed that I made the right decision. So yes I had existing bias.

Guess what? We all do.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

Mark Crossfield posted a video on Christmas Day announcing he is now on staff with Titleist. Appeared to have a full Titleist bag beside him, couldn't tell which irons were in it. Bit surprising to me as he always seemed to be a Mizuno loyalist with the irons, driver and 3-wood have varied during the years I've been watching.

Glad for him, he puts out a ton of great content & hope this helps him generate more revenue. Hope he is correct that Titleist is not going to try & change him, but will let "me continue to be me."

Another Titleist homer haha I don't like the fact he ripped TM because they didn't give him product to test. I'm sorry how credible is he? I'd rather take Shiels opinion over MC he actually looks like a player.

Mark Crossfield posted a video on Christmas Day announcing he is now on staff with Titleist. Appeared to have a full Titleist bag beside him, couldn't tell which irons were in it. Bit surprising to me as he always seemed to be a Mizuno loyalist with the irons, driver and 3-wood have varied during the years I've been watching.

Glad for him, he puts out a ton of great content & hope this helps him generate more revenue. Hope he is correct that Titleist is not going to try & change him, but will let "me continue to be me."

Another Titleist homer haha I don't like the fact he ripped TM because they didn't give him product to test. I'm sorry how credible is he? I'd rather take Shiels opinion over MC he actually looks like a player.

Makes sense... always best to judge someone on how they look.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Or by height. Comparing MC and RS it's obvious Shiels is taller.

True. Or we can go by who has more hair.. Shiels wins there, too.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

True. Or we can go by who has more hair.. Shiels wins there, too.

If we go by IQ, it's MC by a country mile

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

If we go by IQ, it's MC by a country mile

LOL, I wasn't gonna go there.... just yet.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

If I think back through all the people I've played golf with over the years and I try to imagine sharing a round with either of those guys I have to go with Shiels. He's an amiable enough doofus who I'd imagine would kind of get on with what he's doing and probably would hit a few really remarkable shots here or there to spice things up.

He actually reminds me of a soft-spoken, big-hitting but occasionally off-target buddy of mine (my friend to be fair is a MENSA genius by comparison) who's one of my favorite people to play with.

Crossfield is like the occasional "life of the party" motormouth who backs off when he's about to hit his tee shot because he just thought of a clever story he wants to tell. I have played with that sort of golfer before and it wears thin by about the third hours out there trying to resist telling him to stick a sock in it.

But who knows what these guys are like in real life. They're acting for the camera every time we see them and I'm sure their personae are at least partially constructed for that purpose.

Shiels stands there and hits the crap out of a driver, 4 iron, 7 iron on a mat from a shed. The most uninformed reviews that can be. He cannot actually digest the numbers and has his own biased opinion built in.

I watched his Epic iron review and Benross Complaint for the cheaper Benross was the lack of spin, will never hold a green. The Epic has such similar figures, but dear Rick didn't see that as a problem as Callaway know what they are doing.

CROSSFIELD any day for me.

Shiels stands there and hits the crap out of a driver, 4 iron, 7 iron on a mat from a shed. The most uninformed reviews that can be. He cannot actually digest the numbers and has his own biased opinion built in.

I watched his Epic iron review and Benross Complaint for the cheaper Benross was the lack of spin, will never hold a green. The Epic has such similar figures, but dear Rick didn't see that as a problem as Callaway know what they are doing.

Now admittedly I've only every seen maybe 1% of their combined video output but neither of these guys strikes me as any more knowledgeable about golf equipment than a halfway decent salesman at Golfsmith or Edwin Watts.

If I think back through all the people I've played golf with over the years and I try to imagine sharing a round with either of those guys I have to go with Shiels. He's an amiable enough doofus who I'd imagine would kind of get on with what he's doing and probably would hit a few really remarkable shots here or there to spice things up.

He actually reminds me of a soft-spoken, big-hitting but occasionally off-target buddy of mine (my friend to be fair is a MENSA genius by comparison) who's one of my favorite people to play with.

Crossfield is like the occasional "life of the party" motormouth who backs off when he's about to hit his tee shot because he just thought of a clever story he wants to tell. I have played with that sort of golfer before and it wears thin by about the third hours out there trying to resist telling him to stick a sock in it.

But who knows what these guys are like in real life. They're acting for the camera every time we see them and I'm sure their personae are at least partially constructed for that purpose.

He does seem like he likes to hear himself talk a lot of the time... That would be one of my complaints.. just hit the damn ball already!! One of my good buddies is like this, though its not about hearing himself, he just likes to talk... will stand there holding the club for 5 minutes on the tee box or green... it's usually nudged along with a quick, "it's not a microphone!"

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Shiels really isn't all there.

Looks can be deceiving. I would put money on MC beating Shiels off the back tees of a championship course 9 times out of 10

Looks can be deceiving. I would put money on MC beating Shiels off the back tees of a championship course 9 times out of 10

Hmmm ...not sure. From what I remember from watching the vlogs, Shiels is a far better chipper of the ball and it's so much easier to putt from 2-3 ft. than from 6-8 ft.

Hmmm ...not sure. From what I remember from watching the vlogs, Shiels is a far better chipper of the ball and it's so much easier to putt from 2-3 ft. than from 6-8 ft.

for a bogie as he's been in the left trees.....again!

for a bogie as he's been in the left trees.....again!

Lol! Yes his driver can be all over the place.

Crossfield used to be a really good player as an amateur. Give him time to prepare and he would roast shiels

Plus Shiels would make a lot of head scratching on course decisions due to his inability to grasp things like physics, geometry, and logic

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash