Crossfield on staff with Titleist (MERGED)

jonsnow

I think RS would win just because he can hit the ball so much farther, That's a huge advantage over 18 holes.

Leave it to you to divert this thread into yet another distance thread. : )

I think it's the ball Rick uses personally.......

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally watched the "TaylorMade Golf Hates Me" video and I'm going to go on record and say that I'm squarely in the Crossfield camp on this one. TM marketing is just flat out stupid and he's really the enemy of all their dumb claims (#262). The 17 more yards"ier" campaign was one of the most offensive marketing drives in the history of our sport, right on par with the claims that Jack Hamm and The Hammer made, and Mr. 262 just blows their ridiculous propaganda to pieces. And even AFTER this slight from TMag, he's still saying publicly that they make great clubs (which they do). I like Crossfield a little more than I did 20 minutes ago.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

This is kinda the point. He's attacked TM's marketing and the garishness of some of their clubs, but has always maintained that they make good clubs. His points about robot testing and not relying on dry ball data are consistent across all manufacturers and I don't think he favours any brand over any other. That TM are the only manufacturer who've refused to send him gear makes them look bad, regardless of whether we think their position is reasonable or not.

Taylormade Stealth 9* Driver | ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Red 6.0 65g

Taylormade Stealth 15* 3 Wood | ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Red 6.0 75g

Taylormade Stealth 19* 5 Wood | ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Red 6.0 75g

Taylormade P790 UDI | ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 90g

(Mizuno Fli-Hi 19* 3 iron | ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 90g)

Taylormade P770 Irons 4-PW | KBS Tour 120S
Taylormade HiToe Wedges 52* & 58* | KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 120S
Scotty Cameron 2014 Newport

Mark is on a Cunard Cruise now - going to give some lessons to a lucky winner. Queen Mary 2 - looks amazing.

But sadly I have a feeling that unless Carnival now makes him an offer to sail with them and give lessons he'll be saying negative things about their decision making soon while wearing QM2 t-shirts and such.

I kid of course. : )

All kidding aside, he'll still be telling it like it is with regard to the M3 and 4. But he will have paid for them and odds are he will mention that fact as he reviews them. But if his reviews of these newest TM drivers is anything like his past ones ironically he will like them, say so, and TM will actually start to look a bit foolish at that point because no reason such a well known reviewer should be buying clubs to provide reviews for their viewers. IMH he does the OEMs a huge favor doing his reviews. They are comprehensive, entertaining and are in many cases essentially a 20 minute to half an hour ad for the new club(s). Surely if TM is the only one on "No Crossfield Island" all by themselves someone in management might pick up on the fact that it might not be such a sound decision. And, as silly as this may sound, if TM were to suddenly have a change of mind AND Mark gave them a decent review it would actually net them even more attention and sales. Why/how? Because look at this thread! Dozens of honest and in some cases emotional replies and this isn't even a fraction of the attention TM might net if Mark gives a decent review.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

At least Mark can flip them here in the BST.. plenty of people in this thread will be willing to put that revolutionary tech to good use.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I think one of the things I really enjoy about his vlogs is the quality. He is obviously using top of the line cameras, the editing is spot on and he really tries to show the beauty of the courses he visits. Ends up being great ads for those courses. Never would have thought Iceland would be a bucket list place to visit but because of Mark's videos there it is now. Already have plans to head there!

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Mark Crossfield posted a video on Christmas Day announcing he is now on staff with Titleist. Appeared to have a full Titleist bag beside him, couldn't tell which irons were in it. Bit surprising to me as he always seemed to be a Mizuno loyalist with the irons, driver and 3-wood have varied during the years I've been watching.

Glad for him, he puts out a ton of great content & hope this helps him generate more revenue. Hope he is correct that Titleist is not going to try & change him, but will let "me continue to be me."

Another Titleist homer haha I don't like the fact he ripped TM because they didn't give him product to test. I'm sorry how credible is he? I'd rather take Shiels opinion over MC he actually looks like a player.

Looks can be deceiving. I would put money on MC beating Shiels off the back tees of a championship course 9 times out of 10

And you would lose 90% of the time.

If you look at Rick's average carry distances recently (NOT total) it's only 274 or so. Given he's dreadful with mid irons I think MC would take him.

I seem to recall that they played together a couple of years ago and you are dead on. (Might be mistaken) I know Mark surgically reduced Buzza.

Mark doesn't make a ton of birdies but "Parfield" always seems to pull pars out of nowhere. His short game is just amazing.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I think one of the things I really enjoy about his vlogs is the quality. He is obviously using top of the line cameras, the editing is spot on and he really tries to show the beauty of the courses he visits. Ends up being great ads for those courses. Never would have thought Iceland would be a bucket list place to visit but because of Mark's videos there it is now. Already have plans to head there!

Totally agree. Those Iceland courses were absolutely breathtaking.

I just pulled up a Crossfield video on his channel and what did I get as the pre video ad? I TwistFace advert lol! It's a great time to be alive kids.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I just pulled up a Crossfield video on his channel and what did I get as the pre video ad? I TwistFace advert lol! It's a great time to be alive kids.

Twistfarce!

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Crossfield is a knob. We love a bit of banter but if he played with our group he would be buried in the wasteland next to the 3rd.

Pretty strong feelings about a Youtube club reviewer to want to murder him.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

Crossfield is a knob. We love a bit of banter but if he played with our group he would be buried in the wasteland next to the 3rd.

Yeah but while he's there, he can get the ball he just hit, too.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Yes. He was actually 100% serious about burying him.

Of course he is serious.

If he were joking he’d say, “A horse walks into s bar, bartender says why the long face...”

Wow. Just wow.

Maybe he is a TaylorMade guy? Or just hates Titleist.

I like Mark. He has a wit about him. Videos are good. Sure sometimes I give certain things an eye roll but all videos have that. To each his own I guess. Nobody is forcing you to watch them. If you don’t like it turn the channel.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Wow. Just wow.

Trouble is he is a Yank and doesn't understand the Brit lingo.

Having watched enough of the Brits on YT I understand completely. All you said he that you have the utmost respect for Mark and crew but he plays too slowly and you'd have to play through and leave him behind because for you it's all business out there on the links.

Glad to help.....

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Wow. Just wow.

Having watched enough of the Brits on YT I understand completely. All you said he that you have the utmost respect for Mark and crew but he plays too slowly and you'd have to play through and leave him behind because for you it's all business out there on the links.

Glad to help.....

Is this golfwrx.co.uk ?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Wow. Just wow.

Glad to help.....

Yes, thats exactly it. Thx. :good:

Wow. Just wow.

Glad to help.....

Is this golfwrx.co.uk ?

Are you lost?

I finally watched the "TaylorMade Golf Hates Me" video and I'm going to go on record and say that I'm squarely in the Crossfield camp on this one. TM marketing is just flat out stupid and he's really the enemy of all their dumb claims (#262). The 17 more yards"ier" campaign was one of the most offensive marketing drives in the history of our sport, right on par with the claims that Jack Hamm and The Hammer made, and Mr. 262 just blows their ridiculous propaganda to pieces. And even AFTER this slight from TMag, he's still saying publicly that they make great clubs (which they do). I like Crossfield a little more than I did 20 minutes ago.

Is it pretty certain that Mark is going to still be able to get TaylorMade clubs to test as early as TaylorMade would have given him had TaylorMade not pulled out? If so, then it doesn't hurt TaylorMade to not give him clubs since they'll still be tested and now they are out in front of any bad reviews they might get. The other side of this debate is that now Mark might be a little tougher on TaylorMade in his testing.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Finally watched MC's "Taylormade hates me" video. Pretty straight forward and easily explained. Not sure why people deem his reply to be childish and "whiny". A lot of the comments here seem to be aimed at Mark, the person, which is unfortunate. If he chooses to cut through the bull, but viewers prefer to believe all the advertising hype we are fed daily, perhaps he isn't the YouTube viewer to watch.

He specifically says that they make good clubs and encourages people to go test them (and everything else) and get fit. If I had to choose between the honesty of Mark testing a TM M2 3 iron and Jason Day hitting it 295 yards in a TM television ad and exclaiming "that's ridiculous" or whatever the catch phrase is, I know who I'd choose :)

Also interesting that My Golf Spy's recent one word survey gave some interesting results. Unless Mark and/or Russia hacked these results, I believe that what he concludes is reflected by a large part of the surveyors that replied:

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

Finally watched MC's "Taylormade hates me" video. Pretty straight forward and easily explained.

It's not as simple or as ‘easily explained’ as you have suggested.

Not sure why people deem his reply to be childish and "whiny".

Really? I totally understand why people would see it as childish. Equally, I get why it doesn't bother some people.

A lot of the comments here seem to be aimed at Mark, the person, which is unfortunate. If he chooses to cut through the bull, but viewers prefer to believe all the advertising hype we are fed daily, perhaps he isn't the YouTube viewer to watch.

This comment doesn't make logical sense. People will watch or not watch Mark for a range of reasons. To suggest that people who don't like him have formed that position because they prefer to believe 'advertising hype' is quite ridiculous.

He specifically says that they make good clubs and encourages people to go test them (and everything else) and get fit. If I had to choose between the honesty of Mark testing a TM M2 3 iron and Jason Day hitting it 295 yards in a TM television ad and exclaiming "that's ridiculous" or whatever the catch phrase is, I know who I'd choose

In a world where we have endless sources of information, why would you assume it is a choice between one or the other?

Also interesting that My Golf Spy's recent one word survey gave some interesting results. Unless Mark and/or Russia hacked these results, I believe that what he concludes is reflected by a large part of the surveyors that replied:

You can be right about something and be humble or you can be right about something and be annoying.

Another way to look at the results of the survey are that his comments about TM are ‘blindingly obvious’ to a lot of people who play golf. Yes, TM lay it on thick with their advertising and in doing so can be accused of being ‘untruthful’. I think most people get that.

It’s quite possible that a number of the people who get this very fact may also be less than fond of Mark Crossfield.

In the words of Mark himself “Do you see what I am getting at?”.