Crossfield on staff with Titleist (MERGED)

jonsnow

I agree with all off this re TM and other OEM like Callaway with their product cycle. I bought an m2 but my previous driver was an R7 quad.

I dont see the MC saga as proof of TM not wanting people to test. The TM vs MC thing has been running 18 months at least. Long ago he hacked TM off by making very juvenile disparaging remarks about TM. So much so they omitted him from a product launch which 13 months ago triggered his first TM video meltdown. You can review products and marketing and give it a negative review. Doing it the way he did with TM is just so unprofessional and childish it was insulting. If he continues Titleist will distance themselves from him and other OEMs will think long and hard.

This is where the importance in all this lies.... Whether he went about it the right way or not, when someone tries to silence you because you say something they don't like, it's a slippery slope and where does it end? A company like TM has to be the bigger person in all this and they're just not. This is not taking away from anyone's opinion of how Mark handles things since people seem to be awfully sensitive about that point as well, I haven't always agreed with the way he goes about things either but he's ONE dude... on YouTube!!! TM can't handle that any other way other than black balling him from their gear? Yet, I don't see anyone saying this is childish, whether it's their right or whatever, doesn't make it the right way to go about things.... Just as TM is gaining supporters here, they are losing them as well, same with Mark.

And these "facts" being thrown around that Titleist is upset and they'll pull away, it's laughable and based on NO facts. I would even go as far as to say that other OEM are just fine... NONE of them are being made out to look bad, in fact they were presented as companies who are willing to have discussion and work with someone like Mark, so he's not going to have anything negative to say about their business model because in his mind, they get it. Why would any of them pull away from someone who gives them good, free press WHILE UNDER CONTRACT with another OEM? MC is opportunity for them, why throw it away when he has the following he has.... would be foolish.

You must be either joking or not understanding what's going here at all. Silencing him? Where is that happening? You see a C & D order? Have they threatened him in anyway? As for the blackballing comment...how is that so? They aren't sending him stuff for free, nowhere in that letter did they say he could not purchase, borrow, steal or otherwise acquire gear to test their stuff. That's it. You are trying to make this into something way more than it is...just like he is.

Some of you guys are so literal it's amazing.... sorry if that came off as I thought the authorities should get involved, I didn't actually think anyone would take it that way.

So you honestly think that by TM not sending him their stuff, you honestly believe that's not them trying to keep themselves out of his mouth? Why else would they do it? He's FREE advertising!!! I'm sure they didn't figure in for his TM video, I'm sure that can catch people off guard.

Im aware he can purchase clubs on his own, glad he is, people deserve to hear his reviews. I'm sure their stuff is just as good as anyone else's, I don't know why TM themselves cont have more confidence in that...

And for the record, if anyone is trying to make this into something it is not, it's those spouting talking points out that are either not true, were addressed by MC himself already, or those with "informed speculation". Anything to say to those that are flat out making sh*t up in this thread?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most divisive topic I’ve ever seen on wrx.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

This is the most divisive topic I’ve ever seen on wrx.

Good job he plays a mixed bag of blades and CB ;-)

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

I agree with all off this re TM and other OEM like Callaway with their product cycle. I bought an m2 but my previous driver was an R7 quad.

I dont see the MC saga as proof of TM not wanting people to test. The TM vs MC thing has been running 18 months at least. Long ago he hacked TM off by making very juvenile disparaging remarks about TM. So much so they omitted him from a product launch which 13 months ago triggered his first TM video meltdown. You can review products and marketing and give it a negative review. Doing it the way he did with TM is just so unprofessional and childish it was insulting. If he continues Titleist will distance themselves from him and other OEMs will think long and hard.

This is where the importance in all this lies.... Whether he went about it the right way or not, when someone tries to silence you because you say something they don't like, it's a slippery slope and where does it end? A company like TM has to be the bigger person in all this and they're just not. This is not taking away from anyone's opinion of how Mark handles things since people seem to be awfully sensitive about that point as well, I haven't always agreed with the way he goes about things either but he's ONE dude... on YouTube!!! TM can't handle that any other way other than black balling him from their gear? Yet, I don't see anyone saying this is childish, whether it's their right or whatever, doesn't make it the right way to go about things.... Just as TM is gaining supporters here, they are losing them as well, same with Mark.

And these "facts" being thrown around that Titleist is upset and they'll pull away, it's laughable and based on NO facts. I would even go as far as to say that other OEM are just fine... NONE of them are being made out to look bad, in fact they were presented as companies who are willing to have discussion and work with someone like Mark, so he's not going to have anything negative to say about their business model because in his mind, they get it. Why would any of them pull away from someone who gives them good, free press WHILE UNDER CONTRACT with another OEM? MC is opportunity for them, why throw it away when he has the following he has.... would be foolish.

You must be either joking or not understanding what's going here at all. Silencing him? Where is that happening? You see a C & D order? Have they threatened him in anyway? As for the blackballing comment...how is that so? They aren't sending him stuff for free, nowhere in that letter did they say he could not purchase, borrow, steal or otherwise acquire gear to test their stuff. That's it. You are trying to make this into something way more than it is...just like he is.

Some of you guys are so literal it's amazing.... sorry if that came off as I thought the authorities should get involved, I didn't actually think anyone would take it that way.

So you honestly think that by TM not sending him their stuff, you honestly believe that's not them trying to keep themselves out of his mouth? Why else would they do it? He's FREE advertising!!! I'm sure they didn't figure in for his TM video, I'm sure that can catch people off guard.

Im aware he can purchase clubs on his own, glad he is, people deserve to hear his reviews. I'm sure their stuff is just as good as anyone else's, I don't know why TM themselves cont have more confidence in that...

And for the record, if anyone is trying to make this into something it is not, it's those spouting talking points out that are either not true, were addressed by MC himself already, or those with "informed speculation". Anything to say to those that are flat out making sh*t up in this thread?

Ive read the last paragraph a few times. No idea what you're on about.

I think we are at a crossroads ( or crossfields) with these YouTube reviewers. Fried eggs is somewhat done. Teeuplo almost threw in the towel. Crossfield is doing on course review ( which I do like) to differentiate himself, Santa shiels beard is only getting longer, Ali Taylor has disappeared, Newton is Newton, what happened to the snainton golf dude I used to love that guy. My two favourites are still going. Finches tech Tuesday and my new favourite, Aussie golf reviewer with Alan staines and the infamous Richo.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

If anybody has said Titelist are reviewing the situation then i must have missed it. I wouldnt be surprised if they were though.

Just one more thing to consider. What effect does the Titelist deal with MC have on people? I for one would be less likely to purchase Titelist BECAUSE of their support for such a devisive, unprofessional partner.

Hey, I totally understand if people don't want to play Titleist because of this, I for one, am less likely to consider TM going forward as well. Great to have choices!

It's like this, I can agree that on a level this is childish.... it's like TM, Mark, and some little Titleist boys are out playing together. Mark says something to TM in reference to the way they throw and they get all pissed off, take their ball and go home not speaking another word to him. They're now fighting... Titleist says, "hey, if you still want to play with us, we can use our ball". And so they go on together and finish their childish games... The end. LOL Ridiculous, I agree.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I think we are at a crossroads ( or crossfields) with these YouTube reviewers. Fried eggs is somewhat done. Teeuplo almost threw in the towel. Crossfield is doing on course review ( which I do like) to differentiate himself, Santa shiels beard is only getting longer, Ali Taylor has disappeared, Newton is Newton, what happened to the snainton golf dude I used to love that guy. My two favourites are still going. Finches tech Tuesday and my new favourite, Aussie golf reviewer with Alan staines and the infamous Richo.

Same here!!!! Matthew Connor was it? That guy might have been the best!!! Straight to the point, some humor, the good ol' creative bag.... Short and sweet.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

If all else fails we can all sit round and baa at Martin Hopley of Golfalot. "I'm not saying you should go out and buy the M4 fairway but..."

He's just the hero we need. Everything is great, an improvement on last year, tech works and is special. He must be on the payroll of every OEM save Wilson Staff and Cobra (only manufacturers recently not to get 5 stars on almost every product they release)

Ali Taylor today:

[media=]

[/media]

Nothing seems to ever work for Ali....

Hes got one of those swings where i marvel that he hits the ball at all. Cant help but like him though.

Always seems like his head is up in the air before he ever even makes contact... I still watch him, too..

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Ali’s back! The undisappeared. I shall watch now

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

What’s with the Santa shiels beard?

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Check Harry Flower out. Definitely has some talent and not a lot of fluff in the course vlogs. Gets right down to business and stays there. Ben Issac is also worth a look-see.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

My goodness but this is amazing. You guys are talking about "MC" and "TM" as though they are real people having a tiff over who's taking whom to the prom. "TM" is in this case the marketing department of a huge multinational conglomerate. And "MC" is a construct, the YouTube persona devised and portrayed by some teaching pro in the hinterlands of England in order to supplement his income and provide free trips to sunny places to play golf.

We've blown right past the Age Of Reality TV and straight into the great beyond. It's Ludicrous Speed, everything has gone Plaid.

iPlaid!

Check Harry Flower out. Definitely has some talent and not a lot of fluff in the course vlogs. Gets right down to business and stays there. Ben Issac is also worth a look-see.

Cheers. I'll check them out. :good:

Jeeez. Ali Taylor was all over the place!! Hard to get a good read from that review but did his ball speed numbers seem really low for the swing speed? Smash just that bad? I guess he probably represents more golfers than we realize... he said that driver would be “massively beneficial” to him.... kind of scratching my head.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Ok I'm never buying a TM product again for what they did to Crossfield.

No, wait. I'm never buying a Titleist product again for signing that whiny, petty, TM bashing Crossfield.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Santa shiels lost his beard together with the strike location numbers in his twist face test...

...or maybe he still has the beard and the numbers, but didn't show them for a unknown reason.

Could definitely tell back when Rick was really preparing for The Open qualifiers and playing all of the time, he really had a sweet swing. He took some lessons and learned how to control a fade and worked on his putting and short game. I am afraid that he is really focusing more on internet content and less on practice and the ol' game is suffering a might.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Ok I'm never buying a TM product again for what they did to Crossfield.

No, wait. I'm never buying a Titleist product again for signing that whiny, petty, TM bashing Crossfield.

Change your tampon, lady.

Maybe all the Americans that love avocado toast and think English accents sound sophisticated will all buy Titleist now.

No, I definitely won't.

A. Avocado toast is the cats meow.

B. English people just sound better.

Mods,

Lock The Thread.

Time is up.

Not much intelligence coming out .

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

Santa shiels lost his beard together with the strike location numbers in his twist face test...

...or maybe he still has the beard and the numbers, but didn't show them for a unknown reason.

Could definitely tell back when Rick was really preparing for The Open qualifiers and playing all of the time, he really had a sweet swing. He took some lessons and learned how to control a fade and worked on his putting and short game. I am afraid that he is really focusing more on internet content and less on practice and the ol' game is suffering a might.

His swing, that is not that great, is one thing,

the other thing is, that he showed the impact data including path, face angle, strike location, AoA etc. in his former reviews...

...where it was nice to see, but not that important to know, whether a low heel, or a high toe strike lead to the outcome.

But when it really counts, like within the twisted face review, he had the dots applied to the club face, but doesn't show the data! :WTF:

I'm not amused about the quality of his reviews lately, especially not that review.

Still entertaining to some degree, but not really informative.

His swing, that is not that great, is one thing,

the other thing is, that he showed the impact data including path, face angle, strike location, AoA etc. in his former reviews...

...where it was nice to see, but not that important to know, whether a low heel, or a high toe strike lead to the outcome.

But when it really counts, like within the twisted face review, he had the dots applied to the club face, but doesn't show the data! :WTF:

I'm not amused about the quality of his reviews lately, especially not that review.

Still entertaining to some degree, but not really informative.

He is not my favorite at all, but if you watched the video and listened, he explained that he is doing his reviews different this year and the data would come in a couple of weeks.

He used another entire video to explain the changes he was making this year. This one -

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro