New Ping Vault 2.0 putters (thanks, tod071)

GolfWRX

Got the Dale Anser in copper. Impressed with the feel and look. Hope it makes it into the bag!

WITB:

Driver - Titleist TSR3

3 Wood - PING G425 LST 

Hybrid - Titleist TSR2

Irons (4-PW): Mizuno Pro 223

Wedges: Mizuno T24 - 50*, 56*

Putter: Cameron '23 Phantom X 5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

How does the piper feel? I've hit all putters in the new line except ketsch and piper. The store didn't carry those two. Feel like I have better feel with putters made from stainless vs aluminum

The piper is soft, but has that solid soft feel. I find that I still can get feedback from misses but solid strokes are smooth feeling.

I finally got my hands on these putters yesterday. It would be an exaggeration to say that I was disappointed but I was expecting more feel-wise. They had all the Vault 2.0 models in stock except for the Voss 2.0 but I’ve rolled the Voss 1.0 and it didn’t blow me away. For the record, I’m a PING guy.

I thought that the Ketsch and Piper felt okay. The Anser was nice but not as nice as my Redwood Anser. The one that felt the best was the ZB much to my surprise. But again, it didn’t feel as good as my Redwood (feel is subjective I know).

I held off purchasing a Sigma G Tyne H a month back so I could roll the Vault 2.0 range first. I think I’ll pull the trigger on a Sigma G Tyne H. It felt very stable and forgiving plus the slight toe hang helps me release during the stroke.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I finally got my hands on these putters yesterday. It would be an exaggeration to say that I was disappointed but I was expecting more feel-wise. They had all the Vault 2.0 models in stock except for the Voss 2.0 but I've rolled the Voss 1.0 and it didn't blow me away. For the record, I'm a PING guy.

I thought that the Ketsch and Piper felt okay. The Anser was nice but not as nice as my Redwood Anser. The one that felt the best was the ZB much to my surprise. But again, it didn't feel as good as my Redwood (feel is subjective I know).

I held off purchasing a Sigma G Tyne H a month back so I could roll the Vault 2.0 range first. I think I'll pull the trigger on a Sigma G Tyne H. It felt very stable and forgiving plus the slight toe hang helps me release during the stroke.

Did the Ketsch feel softer than the Piper?

I finally got my hands on these putters yesterday. It would be an exaggeration to say that I was disappointed but I was expecting more feel-wise. They had all the Vault 2.0 models in stock except for the Voss 2.0 but I've rolled the Voss 1.0 and it didn't blow me away. For the record, I'm a PING guy.

I thought that the Ketsch and Piper felt okay. The Anser was nice but not as nice as my Redwood Anser. The one that felt the best was the ZB much to my surprise. But again, it didn't feel as good as my Redwood (feel is subjective I know).

I held off purchasing a Sigma G Tyne H a month back so I could roll the Vault 2.0 range first. I think I'll pull the trigger on a Sigma G Tyne H. It felt very stable and forgiving plus the slight toe hang helps me release during the stroke.

Did any of them have the PP 58 grip? If not, there goes the feel.

The stock is PP60, which is not as bad as the PP62 that come on the original Vault line. I think they feel pretty good with the PP60, but if I get one it will be with the new new PP61 (rubber underlay) or PP58 mid cord.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

The Piper felt softer to me.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

They all had the PP60 grip but I think the feel is still pretty good with that grip.

However, I had no feel with the stock Vault 1.0 PP62 grip.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Rolled the new Dale Anser yesterday at my local Golf Galaxy. These are completely milled and it is a very nice putter. It still isn't a true "Dalehead/009" head shape, but it is a nice upgrade from the most recent Anser shape. One cool thing that caught my eye, is the area that creates the plumbers neck is milled to look "softer". It's hard to see in the pictures but you will notice it in person. The putter felt good even with the PP60 grip but I would imagine it would feel even better with a stock Pingman or PP58 rubber grip.

The black finish is not going to be durable...think black satin Redwood finish...there were already spots where you could see bare silver metal underneath and rubbing around the hosel and on the bumpers. There was a gold/antique B60 that was wearing the same way.

The fact that you cannot change the sole weights on your own is a deal breaker for me. I like to tinker and I think that's a big miss by Ping to not allow the end user to change the weights on their own. We should be past the point where I need to send my putter back to the factory to change sole weights. I'm sure someone will create a set of weights that will eventually end up in the aftermarket world of eBay, but I doubt you'll see the heavier ones made from tungsten.

- Josh

Anyone compare distance with some of the other irons out like apex or z565's

I200's are not a "distance" iron

Wow, it has to go to the factory to change weights?

Way to swing and wiff on that one, Ping!

Surprised you trust us with a wrench on the woods. Maybe we should of had to send those back also.

Love your stuff and have a bag full of it, but sometimes, you make me scratch my head.

So which of the two did you think had better feedback and distance control? I had a vault Oslo when they were first released and it didn't have great feedback and there was no distance control with it. Overall not much feel when you struck the putt.

So which of the two did you think had better feedback and distance control? I had a vault Oslo when they were first released and it didn't have great feedback and there was no distance control with it. Overall not much feel when you struck the putt.

Between the Piper and the Ketsch, I would say that the Piper gave more feedback. I felt that the B60 gave similar feedback to the Piper but the Anser and the ZB gave the most feedback.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Surprised you trust us with a wrench on the woods. Maybe we should of had to send those back also.

Love your stuff and have a bag full of it, but sometimes, you make me scratch my head.

Who said you had to send it to the factory to change weights? All he said was you can custom order different color weights for an upcharge.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Who said you had to send it to the factory to change weights? All he said was you can custom order different color weights for an upcharge.

crisis over...phew. :)

I think what he's trying to say is he'd like to try a set of weights in them and then change them to see which is best. That's something I would like to do and might be a deal breaker for me as well.

I think what he's trying to say is he'd like to try a set of weights in them and then change them to see which is best. That's something I would like to do and might be a deal breaker for me as well.

To be fair, both odyssey and SC do the exact same thing. I'm no ping homer but I don't see why they should be held to a different standard than the other 2.

Frustrating? Absolutely. But the other companies have already set the standard.

A murdered out anser sounds great ??

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Post 255:

The fact that you cannot change the sole weights on your own is a deal breaker for me. I like to tinker and I think that's a big miss by Ping to not allow the end user to change the weights on their own. We should be passed the point where I need to send my putter back to the factory to change sole weights. I'm sure someone will create a set of weights that will eventually end up in the aftermarket world of eBay, but I doubt you'll see the heavier ones made from tungsten.

Was quoted from Morton Golf

$17.50 upcharge for a stealth black shaft

$16 upcharge for a weight color change

IS the shaft like the Tour Dynamic gold that don’t wear or like the Taylor Made putter shafts that scratch and show steel underneath?

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Post 255:

The fact that you cannot change the sole weights on your own is a deal breaker for me. I like to tinker and I think that's a big miss by Ping to not allow the end user to change the weights on their own. We should be passed the point where I need to send my putter back to the factory to change sole weights. I'm sure someone will create a set of weights that will eventually end up in the aftermarket world of eBay, but I doubt you'll see the heavier ones made from tungsten.

Please point me to the post that says there will be no OEM weight kits in the future. And even if there aren't, why is anyone sending their PING putter back to PING to change sole weights? This is PING. The company set the standard for custom fitting. Get fit and get the putter weighted from the factory to fit your stroke. It's going to cost the same as if you walked into your LGS and took it off the rack. As everyone knows, every retailer sells PING at the same price.

Now, if your goal is to get it off ebay to save a few bucks, then no weight kit is your problem. Deal with it.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I really like the black Dale but again I really question the durability. Putt one sandy ball from the fringe and chip the face and I'm going to be pissed. I'll probably go platinum. At some point no matter how careful I am, something will happen. Like the first door ding in your new car!

But can somebody who's already commented please explain why they feel this isn't a real good representation of a Dale head? I don't claim to know enough or have a discerning enough eye to know. But I'm willing to learn.