2018 Farmers Insurance Open (Predict Tiger's Finish!) (MERGED)

LeftyLuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd shot in the fairway. Short 3rd shot left to get on

e005b3bac4c33a3903d60f1b74639bbb.jpg

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Aside from Dustin Johnson at the moment, there isn't anyone who can roll out three or even two wins in a row on tour, and that's why Tiger moves the needle, why he is still worthy of watching and once his confidence and swing is there, he's a top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy.

If in three months we all agree he is 70 percent of his actual peak or top of his game, that's still well enough to win two tournaments a year.

Maybe Rory finds his tune (which it's looking that way) and you can add him to Dustin, which makes the possible tournaments Woods could win, less of a chance but we still don't have a crew of players that are able to take majority of the tournament wins, and that's what made Tiger able to win as many as he did, and nothing has changed since then, aside from a few blimps from Dustin, Speith and Justin Thomas as examples, but those all add up to about 20 percent of Tigers career wins in the last 5 years of those three or four top players.

I'm more a numbers guys than a Tiger homer and to me, when you see how poorly some players play after winning a tournament three or four weeks ago, that's why Tiger will always have the chance.

That's why Jack or Couples, Davis Love can win or nearly win at age 50 on tour, because they still had enough in the tank. And your so called "next generation" didn't play up to their potential that tournament they won.

"more of a numbers guys" ? What numbers are suggesting Tiger is a "top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy"? You can't be looking at either of his outing this season can you? Did you look at yesterdays numbers? Was it 9 GIR and 3 fairways? Can anyone beat the rest of the field with 9 GIR and 3 fairways in a round? I don't know who will be in the "next generation" but there are a number of this generation players Tiger has not shown he can beat this time around. Possibly his game will make great progress from here? It will have to if he is to have a chance to win another major. DJ, Rahm, Speith, Garcia, Rory, etc., etc.,...the list is pretty long of this generation players more likely to win a major than is TW. That is the picture I see when I look at the numbers.

Sorry, all you are looking at is his past few tournaments, which isn't fair on someone with injuries.

The list is long of potential winners but none of them of them have the ability to hold their own for a marathon of a career and just not a few tournaments here and there.

I was referring to today and only today.

Long term, Tiger had just as good as a chance to win a major then anyone else once he confirms he is healthy.

Were not talking about an NFL running back

15 foot R to L swinging putt drops in for back to back birdies!

4d794879644a81875ce9d8d697a10734.jpg

5429ef65b8e2ac53a84deaad12a0c16e.jpg

Tiger makes me want to heavily focus on my short game this year. Because he shows that you can drive the ball like me and still score. lol

Sim2 Max (9 Deg) w Hzrdous Smoke RDX 6.0 70g
-----------------------------
Sim2 Max 3 wood | Hzrdous Blue RDX 6.0
Sim2 Max 5 wood | Ventus Blue  

Titliest T 200 4 iron AMT Black S300
Titliest T150 5-PW AMT Black S300
TM P790 4-PW Modus 120s
TM MG2 54/58 wedges - Modus 130
SC Newport 2 / SC Phantom X 9.5

Aside from Dustin Johnson at the moment, there isn't anyone who can roll out three or even two wins in a row on tour, and that's why Tiger moves the needle, why he is still worthy of watching and once his confidence and swing is there, he's a top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy.

If in three months we all agree he is 70 percent of his actual peak or top of his game, that's still well enough to win two tournaments a year.

Maybe Rory finds his tune (which it's looking that way) and you can add him to Dustin, which makes the possible tournaments Woods could win, less of a chance but we still don't have a crew of players that are able to take majority of the tournament wins, and that's what made Tiger able to win as many as he did, and nothing has changed since then, aside from a few blimps from Dustin, Speith and Justin Thomas as examples, but those all add up to about 20 percent of Tigers career wins in the last 5 years of those three or four top players.

I'm more a numbers guys than a Tiger homer and to me, when you see how poorly some players play after winning a tournament three or four weeks ago, that's why Tiger will always have the chance.

That's why Jack or Couples, Davis Love can win or nearly win at age 50 on tour, because they still had enough in the tank. And your so called "next generation" didn't play up to their potential that tournament they won.

I hate to break it to you but Tiger ain't rolling out 3 or 4 wins in a row.

Jordan Spieth has won back to back at least twice, that I can remember

Sorry to break it to you but I never mentioned he would win 3 or 4 wins in a row but thanks for making an attempt

Tiger's driving is not a good advertisement for Twist Face.

Might help them. Now people can’t blame a bad swing on twist face. Lol

Sim2 Max (9 Deg) w Hzrdous Smoke RDX 6.0 70g
-----------------------------
Sim2 Max 3 wood | Hzrdous Blue RDX 6.0
Sim2 Max 5 wood | Ventus Blue  

Titliest T 200 4 iron AMT Black S300
Titliest T150 5-PW AMT Black S300
TM P790 4-PW Modus 120s
TM MG2 54/58 wedges - Modus 130
SC Newport 2 / SC Phantom X 9.5

Sorry to break it to you but I never mentioned he would win 3 or 4 wins in a row but thanks for making an attempt

Your very first sentence was incorrect and it didn't get better from there :dntknw:

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

First, Jon Rahm says Hi.

Second, check your watch. What year is it, 2013?

Its the year 2018 and the last 5 years have been an inflation of the so called next best, next one to actually give you 5-10 tournaments in a row with a chance to win every week.

We don't have it (aside from Dustin currently) and until we find some of them Tiger has a better chance to win a tournament when he is healthy, because there isn't a bunch of guys scooping up the wins on a regular basis, to limit his chances.

He has the ability to win majors and major tournaments with healthy, and that's all i'm expressing.

We are watching a spring training game, not Tigers 15th tournament of the season.

Never really hit a good shot at 14...until he sunk this long par putt

cdb9f7719900d53fe25154325f1b6a42.jpg

f5383e425991276fb59fc8ff3e40d5f5.jpg

f5b2cd4ca86e3656f7e9916b82ca1936.jpg

First, Jon Rahm says Hi.

Its the year 2018 and the last 5 years have been an inflation of the so called next best, next one to actually give you 5-10 tournaments in a row with a chance to win every week.

We don't have it (aside from Dustin currently) and until we find some of them Tiger has a better chance to win a tournament when he is healthy, because there isn't a bunch of guys scooping up the wins on a regular basis, to limit his chances.

He has the ability to win majors and major tournaments with healthy, and that's all i'm expressing.

We are watching a spring training game, not Tigers 15th tournament of the season.

Also, worth noting that Tiger is hitting about 20% terrible shots (like unusually bad for any tour pro) and still made the cut and is playing under par for the week. Obviously he's winning absolutely nothing playing this way, but there's a clear avenue to improvement, especially off the tee.

TM 2016 M2, Graphite Design Tour AD DI

Callaway Rogue 3w, 15º, Fujikura Motore Speeder

Yonex EZone XPG 3h, 18.25º, Fujikura Motore Speeder

Srixon U65 4di, 23º, Aerotech Steelfibre i95

Mizuno MP-59, 5i-PW, Nippon NS PRO 950GH WF

Cleveland RTX Zipcore, 50º,54º,58º, Nippon NS PRO 950GH WF 

Ping B60 Scottsdale TR, Nippon NS PRO Putter

Volvik S4

Your very first sentence was incorrect and it didn't get better from there :dntknw:

2017- Dustin Johnson won 3 tournaments, which makes my original sentence correct, as opposed to your note of it being wrong.

2014 (nearly four years ago) Rory won 3 tournaments in a row.

Not exactly a big list the last time I checked when referring to right now.

My sentence was that moving forward, we don't have a player who can bang off three wins in a row today, for this upcoming season. If we do, I'm then incorrect on my sentence.

I mentioned two possible winners as slim to none as well, and that's my opinion for now (Give it 2 or 3 months and we won't see back to back wins) if we do, then yes, it shows we do have someone who can then make a run and keep Tiger from moving up the ladder.

I wasn't trying to debate it, I was expressing my feeling at the moment, and my first sentence that gave you a panic attack is still valid.

Follows up the great putt with another double cross pulled tee shot...

693ae3b649ea9cc2d1a384aaac4bdbe8.jpg

7a902e58669399b3a4d1ab15299463c2.jpg

c1875e7d606f0a7ba52a6bf73a1280d6.jpg

First, Jon Rahm says Hi.

Also, worth noting that Tiger is hitting about 20% terrible shots (like unusually bad for any tour pro) and still made the cut and is playing under par for the week. Obviously he's winning absolutely nothing playing this way, but there's a clear avenue to improvement, especially off the tee.

Agreed, I wasn't trying to debate what we are seeing is the 2nd coming of Tiger for 5 wins a year.

We are seeing someone LOOKS healthy, we haven't seen it in 5 years, and because his history is so solid, I feel he deserves the chance to be someone who can win each tournament WHEN that time comes.

It won't be today, might not be next month, but if it happens, then its a green light for him to be a top player to bet on each weekend.

And my argument to that was on the basis that the rest of the tournaments are spread very evenly. Yes we get the odd player or players who have a flash in the pan of Justin Thomas, Spieth, Rory, Dustin, but it's rare we see a few of them at the same time, which makes it easier for others to bang off a win or two a year.

2017- Dustin Johnson won 3 tournaments, which makes my original sentence correct, as opposed to your note of it being wrong.

2014 (nearly four years ago) Rory won 3 tournaments in a row.

Justin Thomas

Jordan Spieth

Won Back to back just last year alone.

Jason Day won Back to back twice in the span of 9 events between 2015 and 2016. Remember, you said "even two". The gist is though that yes, tournaments are out there for Tiger to win.......when the new generation plays poorly.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip