2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2018 Farmers Insurance Open (Predict Tiger's Finish!) (MERGED)

LeftyLuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for golf channel producers. I liked seeing all Tiger’s shots. Personally I think making the cut was great drama and a pretty big deal for him. He’ll figure out the swing. But his capacity to perform when it matters is still excellent.

So all you guys complaining ... they are doing this for me. Tiger Woods after a decade of misery - physical, mental, emotional, spiritual - made a cut when he could have shot an 80. I thought it was riveting.

I agree. Plus, every shot Tiger takes from here on out could be his last ever on tour and I don’t want to miss a single dam one of them. His back could go again at any time and he could be done for good.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I don't mind that they're showing all of Tiger's shots, it's a big story.

I don't mind the content of Faldo's analysis, I think he knows what he's talking about.

I do mind the amount of Faldo's analysis. We could be watching other golfers instead.

Tiger's the big story, but almost as big are Palmer going low, Day's comeback, Phil's attempt to contend, Rahm's attempt to repeat and go to World No. 1, and others. Those all deserve more coverage.

So.... go ahead and show all Tiger's shots, but then get back to covering the tournament, and do it quickly.

I don't mind the content of Faldo's analysis, I think he knows what he's talking about.

I do mind the amount of Faldo's analysis. We could be watching other golfers instead.

Tiger's the big story, but almost as big are Palmer going low, Day's comeback, Phil's attempt to contend, Rahm's attempt to repeat and go to World No. 1, and others. Those all deserve more coverage.

So.... go ahead and show all Tiger's shots, but then get back to covering the tournament, and do it quickly.

I agree. Surely, there is enough room to satisfy the fanbois AND to fluff the players who actually play well and deserve it.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Best, most reasonable post in the entire thread.

Best, most reasonable post in the entire thread.

I agree!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Aside from Dustin Johnson at the moment, there isn’t anyone who can roll out three or even two wins in a row on tour, and that’s why Tiger moves the needle, why he is still worthy of watching and once his confidence and swing is there, he’s a top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy.

If in three months we all agree he is 70 percent of his actual peak or top of his game, that’s still well enough to win two tournaments a year.

Maybe Rory finds his tune (which it’s looking that way) and you can add him to Dustin, which makes the possible tournaments Woods could win, less of a chance but we still don’t have a crew of players that are able to take majority of the tournament wins, and that’s what made Tiger able to win as many as he did, and nothing has changed since then, aside from a few blimps from Dustin, Speith and Justin Thomas as examples, but those all add up to about 20 percent of Tigers career wins in the last 5 years of those three or four top players.

I’m more a numbers guys than a Tiger homer and to me, when you see how poorly some players play after winning a tournament three or four weeks ago, that’s why Tiger will always have the chance.

That’s why Jack or Couples, Davis Love can win or nearly win at age 50 on tour, because they still had enough in the tank. And your so called “next generation” didn’t play up to their potential that tournament they won.

Aside from Dustin Johnson at the moment, there isn't anyone who can roll out three or even two wins in a row on tour, and that's why Tiger moves the needle, why he is still worthy of watching and once his confidence and swing is there, he's a top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy.

If in three months we all agree he is 70 percent of his actual peak or top of his game, that's still well enough to win two tournaments a year.

Maybe Rory finds his tune (which it's looking that way) and you can add him to Dustin, which makes the possible tournaments Woods could win, less of a chance but we still don't have a crew of players that are able to take majority of the tournament wins, and that's what made Tiger able to win as many as he did, and nothing has changed since then, aside from a few blimps from Dustin, Speith and Justin Thomas as examples, but those all add up to about 20 percent of Tigers career wins in the last 5 years of those three or four top players.

I'm more a numbers guys than a Tiger homer and to me, when you see how poorly some players play after winning a tournament three or four weeks ago, that's why Tiger will always have the chance.

That's why Jack or Couples, Davis Love can win or nearly win at age 50 on tour, because they still had enough in the tank. And your so called "next generation" didn't play up to their potential that tournament they won.

"more of a numbers guys" ? What numbers are suggesting Tiger is a "top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy"? You can't be looking at either of his outing this season can you? Did you look at yesterdays numbers? Was it 9 GIR and 3 fairways? Can anyone beat the rest of the field with 9 GIR and 3 fairways in a round? I don't know who will be in the "next generation" but there are a number of this generation players Tiger has not shown he can beat this time around. Possibly his game will make great progress from here? It will have to if he is to have a chance to win another major. DJ, Rahm, Speith, Garcia, Rory, etc., etc.,...the list is pretty long of this generation players more likely to win a major than is TW. That is the picture I see when I look at the numbers.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Aside from Dustin Johnson at the moment, there isn't anyone who can roll out three or even two wins in a row on tour, and that's why Tiger moves the needle, why he is still worthy of watching and once his confidence and swing is there, he's a top 5 player to win any tournament until he is unhealthy.

If in three months we all agree he is 70 percent of his actual peak or top of his game, that's still well enough to win two tournaments a year.

Maybe Rory finds his tune (which it's looking that way) and you can add him to Dustin, which makes the possible tournaments Woods could win, less of a chance but we still don't have a crew of players that are able to take majority of the tournament wins, and that's what made Tiger able to win as many as he did, and nothing has changed since then, aside from a few blimps from Dustin, Speith and Justin Thomas as examples, but those all add up to about 20 percent of Tigers career wins in the last 5 years of those three or four top players.

I'm more a numbers guys than a Tiger homer and to me, when you see how poorly some players play after winning a tournament three or four weeks ago, that's why Tiger will always have the chance.

That's why Jack or Couples, Davis Love can win or nearly win at age 50 on tour, because they still had enough in the tank. And your so called "next generation" didn't play up to their potential that tournament they won.

I hate to break it to you but Tiger ain't rolling out 3 or 4 wins in a row.

Jordan Spieth has won back to back at least twice, that I can remember

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

First, Jon Rahm says Hi.

Second, check your watch. What year is it, 2013?

I don't know if it's possible to grind out a weekend on tour hitting 3 fw's and 9 girs, and get under par. Today and tomorrow will show how much real game he has at this time.

Never really been Tiger's MO to hit 3W when the driver gets loose. Plus Torrey is really long and I doubt Tiger wants to be hitting long irons into greens that are drying out. Tiger made the cut, so it's all about trying to make a ton of birdies and his best bet is to try to figure out the driver during the course of a tournament.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Every network gets ratings broken down to minute details.

They then provide coverage towards that data.

It's short sighted in some ways, but advertisement money and long term deals are based on ratings,

So until Rahm, Rory, DJ or the current leader drives a story and ratings, you're going to get

A heaping dose of whoever gets the numbers, for good or bad

Every network gets ratings broken down to minute details.

They then provide coverage towards that data.

It's short sighted in some ways, but advertisement money and long term deals are based on ratings,

So until Rahm, Rory, DJ or the current leader drives a story and ratings, you're going to get

A heaping dose of whoever gets the numbers, for good or bad

Exactly, get these commercials off here so we can see Tiger's next shot! So we can justify more commercials!

TW with a birdie at 12 to get back to -1

b328feae7f6a5ecada12c65c200e46de.jpg

e3606d3c8dd23aaed7430140384c2d52.jpg

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Drive at 13 finds the gallery...

fd47dc7e699cd74ff861c5117c13fcc6.jpg

18e877a5fa1687f685e771307c389b30.jpg

e3e0814b45e16903e41329efb89df79c.jpg

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Is Tiger fighting a fade /slice? Or is he overreacting to a pull / hook problem?

I'm a little surprised he didn't swap back to the M2 and trust it to fade. He was hitting it so well at the Hero. I can only assume the M3 is helping him on mishits enough that he trusts it. But I can't help but wonder why he didn't switch back.

Edit: what was his line on 13?wasn't he aimed a little right?

Also, I love pga tour live. Far superior to golf channel coverage. I get commercials nearly every other hole on golf channel mobile. And if I swap to email or what not, I have to re-watch the commercials even if I was only gone for a few seconds.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish