2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2018 Farmers Insurance Open (Predict Tiger's Finish!) (MERGED)

LeftyLuck

Is every shot Tiger has around the greens today the hardest/fastest shots ever?

"Its a 1 out of 20 to get up and down there" LOL no it isnt. its a good uphil lie easily 7 out of 10 up and down. Creating drama for narrative...

"Shot of the day" says Faldo...

sure, let see how you do when your cut is on the line, not that easy when you actually need a birdie.

good test for him to dig down, he do better the coming days

indeed..my guess is he will never have the opportunity to make a cut on the pga..never mind with a single camera around

Again, it was a simple statement about the announcers over dramatizing the difficulty of the particular shots. Nothing at all about how they were executed.

Can we all be friends? It's what Tiger would want.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy that Tiger had to grind to make the cut, that can only instill confidence that he can still do this.

Also think theres a high probability that we see him with the M2 tomorrow after todays showing, maybe even the M1 fairway.

I would like to see him with the M2 tomorrow too, but taylormade wont let him do that because it wouldn't look good for them promoting their new products.

Yeah I understand where TM is coming from in terms of a marketing perspective but I also think they would rather him do well with one of their older products rather than hitting 3/14 fairways with the new one thats promoting a better miss.

Is every shot Tiger has around the greens today the hardest/fastest shots ever?

"Its a 1 out of 20 to get up and down there" LOL no it isnt. its a good uphil lie easily 7 out of 10 up and down. Creating drama for narrative...

"Shot of the day" says Faldo...

sure, let see how you do when your cut is on the line, not that easy when you actually need a birdie.

good test for him to dig down, he do better the coming days

indeed..my guess is he will never have the opportunity to make a cut on the pga..never mind with a single camera around

Again, it was a simple statement about the announcers over dramatizing the difficulty of the particular shots. Nothing at all about how they were executed.

point taken. i was addressing the other response to yours. He is disappointed and i am enjoying his disappointment ;)

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Looks like TWs back on the weekend, boys.

[media=]

[/media]

bscinstnct - I'm hoping you get to use some of these this weekend:

a01_tiger_3_10_53770491.jpg?w=1000&h=1281

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Happy that Tiger had to grind to make the cut, that can only instill confidence that he can still do this.

Also think theres a high probability that we see him with the M2 tomorrow after todays showing, maybe even the M1 fairway.

I would like to see him with the M2 tomorrow too, but taylormade wont let him do that because it wouldn't look good for them promoting their new products.

Yeah I understand where TM is coming from in terms of a marketing perspective but I also think they would rather him do well with one of their older products rather than hitting 3/14 fairways with the new one thats promoting better misses.

Well it's not like the new head is causing him to miss fairways by 40 yards...that's his swing, not the club. That being said, he was driving it really nicely at the Hero. Perhaps he likes something about the look and feel of that 2016 M2 head and that can significantly impact the physical swing. All this being said, I hope he's got the M2 head in the bag tomorrow because I'm in favour of anything that might help him hit a few more fairways! :fie:

Yeah I understand where TM is coming from in terms of a marketing perspective but I also think they would rather him do well with one of their older products rather than hitting 3/14 fairways with the new one thats promoting better misses.

Well it's not like the new head is causing him to miss fairways by 40 yards...that's his swing, not the club. That being said, he was driving it really nicely at the Hero. Perhaps he likes something about the look and feel of that 2016 M2 head and that can significantly impact the physical swing. All this being said, I hope he's got the M2 head in the bag tomorrow because I'm in favour of anything that might help him hit a few more fairways! :fie:

I agree completely that its his swing. But the small population of WRX are the only ones who will realize that not the masses. Hoping for a push from him as well this weekend.

Urrgh Rickie Flower missed the cut. Remind never to put money on him again.

Has serious problems making the cut at his sponsor’s event. I don’t remember Rickie making the cut at the Farmers in a while.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Yeah I understand where TM is coming from in terms of a marketing perspective but I also think they would rather him do well with one of their older products rather than hitting 3/14 fairways with the new one thats promoting a better miss.

Manufacturers very rarely dictate the specific models in players' bags. It's better for them to play well with whatever TM club vs. miss cuts. And someone like Tiger would NEVER allow the brand that much control over his bag. Especially when he had his pick of the whole industry - he set the terms, not TM.

Looks like TWs back on the weekend, boys.

bscinstnct - I'm hoping you get to use some of these this weekend:

a01_tiger_3_10_53770491.jpg?w=1000&h=1281

Ha! Truth be told, Im not a fan of that one ; )

However, be nice to post the 2005 jammy on a Sunday.

I didn't post the 2005 because I know it's your go-to. Still, you knew what I meant #WRXfriends

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Urrgh Rickie Flower missed the cut. Remind never to put money on him again.

Has serious problems making the cut at his sponsor’s event. I don’t remember Rickie making the cut at the Farmers in a while.

Even more discouraging as he was 4 under through 7 yesterday.

Get your Tiger Sunday red steamed and ready friends.

Picked it up from the cleaners. I’m ready !!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Would TaylorMade care that Tiger can’t find the fairway or just be happy that Tiger is bringing them major pub?

I don’t know but if I knew I hit the 16 m2 better I’d have it in play tomorow and TM could pound sand.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Would TaylorMade care that Tiger can't find the fairway or just be happy that Tiger is bringing them major pub?

I don't know but if I knew I hit the 16 m2 better I'd have it in play tomorow and TM could pound sand.

Tiger is pretty good at only putting new clubs in play if they perform for him. It's not like Tiger has been driving the ball straight the last few...ever?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

It's January, the tournament means very little, Tiger scrapes by and makes the cut how many shots back and I still can't wait to watch him play tomorrow. Couldn't care less about what the leaders do... He still moves the needle folks

At a public driving range today I must have heard people 5 different times asking how Tigers doing. He better put that M2 back in the bag for the weekend and just use his time off to adjust to the M3.

It's January, the tournament means very little, Tiger scrapes by and makes the cut how many shots back and I still can't wait to watch him play tomorrow. Couldn't care less about what the leaders do... He still moves the needle folks

At a public driving range today I must have heard people 5 different times asking how Tigers doing. He better put that M2 back in the bag for the weekend and just use his time off to adjust to the M3.

How can we be certain that it's the club and not Tiger?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Man you aren’t new here ! It’s alwasy the club !!?

Seriously though. He named it snowflake. Has to be a difference to pick that name. Even if it’s jist a feel thing. That matters. A ton.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2016 M2 is one of the most fade biased drivers in recent memory. That pull cut he was trying to hit that were pulls and pull hooks might straighten out. Just a bandaid til he can get the swing grooved like the hero and more reps with the M3.

It will be interesting to see how much he moves the needle. I have several friends who are not golf fans, but they are Tiger fans. They always tell me to text them when Tiger is in a tournament. I did that for the Hero and this week, and the response I got both times was pretty much “meh”. That’s anecdotal obviously and the ratings will undoubtedly be up with him in the field and making the cut, but I wonder if the Tiger effect is losing steam with the casuals and if perhaps he needs to win a regular event or contend in a major to really light the fire again.

Nick Faldo is painful...

Faldo is horrendous at his job. Seemingly every bad shot that Tiger hits, he goes into some long winded explanation of exactly what happened.

Guess what Nick? People make bad swings during a round. Get over it, and stop acting like just because Tiger blocked one right he needs a complete swing overhaul.

On one hole he was going on and on about how Tiger needs to find a place to hit driver with water on both sides as a method of practicing, etc. etc. The guy just never stops.

I much prefer the European Tour commentary, which is far more laid back. They don't panic every time someone hits a shot fat, or misses a drive. Everything is very matter of fact. I could use a touch more emotion in a final round, but other than that they are so much better than someone like Faldo.