B. Lincicome to get exemption into PGA Tour event

why was my post removed? i said nothing offensive, controversial, negative or anything about the sporting event, women, or anything else discussed in this thread...?

My reply is gone as well. Oh well, we can always discuss the skimpy attires. :WTF:

i'd rather save that for the guys in the creeper thread - they're really good about 'only talking about the outfits/fashion'... cue the *eye roll*

Creeper thread? Didn't know it's called that now ;)

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often do last alternates in an opposite field event make the cut? John Daly in the PGA doesn't count since it was not opposite field. I really don't care who fills out the bottom of the card. Seems like most entrants don't have a realistic chance to win most events.

The last alternate didn’t get cut this weekend, but then again neither did Brittany.

She looks like she's been working on her fitness as she appeared noticeably thinner. She's been playing pretty well lately. Maybe that has helped.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

I'm going to put up a wager against everyone here. If Brittany Lincicome finishes more two shots outside of the cutline, I will delete my golfwrx account. If she finishes inside two shots of the cutline, then you have to delete your golfwrx account.

Who's in?

As I told you, good thing for you nobody took you up on your bet :taunt:

why was my post removed? i said nothing offensive, controversial, negative or anything about the sporting event, women, or anything else discussed in this thread...?

My reply is gone as well. Oh well, we can always discuss the skimpy attires. :WTF:

i'd rather save that for the guys in the creeper thread - they're really good about 'only talking about the outfits/fashion'... cue the *eye roll*

I think you meant the keeper thread.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

For someone who's consistently averaged around 270 yds off the tee on the LPGA Tour, it's interesting that this week's ShotLink data show a lot of drives shorter than 250.

those numbers include roll and it's been very wet at the Barbasol this week. Was watching coverage today and very little release in the fairways.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

At least Brittany finished both rounds and not WD like half a dozen guys.

Shot underpar 71.

She can play...she just can’t putt that well here and there.

All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

Good for

How often do last alternates in an opposite field event make the cut? John Daly in the PGA doesn't count since it was not opposite field. I really don't care who fills out the bottom of the card. Seems like most entrants don't have a realistic chance to win most events.

The last alternate didn’t get cut this weekend, but then again neither did Brittany.

Pro golf is entertainment, she added to that feature and she did get cut, line was -4 and she was +5.

How come the LPGA doesn't invite a guy to play in one of their events?

Because the LPGA is specifically for woman; the PGA tour is for the best players. It is not a "man's" event.

Im not doubting Brittany's talent. But you have to understand that the depth of the back-end talent of the PGA Tour is infinitely more talented than the talent on the back-end of an LPGA event.

Hopefully she doesnt finish last. And it looks like Steven Bowditch will do his part to aid in that cause. But I do sincerely hope these types of sponsors invites are done. They serve no purpose, they put both the player and the tournament in a no-win situation, and it takes a spot away from a PGA Tour pro who probably NEEDS the start at the time of year where guys are scrambling to earn playing status for next season.

If they want to keep the status quo for these types of opposite field events like this one and the Puerto Rico one where Tony Romo got an invite, then make it a Web.com event that is open to PGA Tour pros who want to play, and take it off the official PGA Tour points and money schedule. But if the PGA Tour is gonna sanction this event and make official points and money available, then the tournament must be treated as such with regards to who is playing.

i understand all your points and frankly agree with all of them except the bolded. She's not taking a spot away from a PGA Tour Pro who needs the starts because If you're an alternate for THIS event, then you just don't belong on Tour right now with how weak the field is. Even the John Deere looks like a major compared to this one. Have a look at some of the names who got in the field before whatever pros you're referring to:

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

Those guys haven't had "real" status in over a decade

I think you just MADE JaNelson's point.

All the guys you listed most likely NEED the paycheck and/or the points or the CHANCE to win and/or just keep their card.

Brittany doesn't need the last place paycheck and she has NO chance to win. I'd be impressed if she made the cut.

And who are YOU to decide who belongs on the Tour or not ? :ninja:

At least you picked a appropriate username. :rolleyes:

They may NEED the paycheck, but they aren't entitled to it. If they want to earn a spot, then earn the spot. If they want to rely on sponsor's exemptions then they may or may not get a free spot.

How come the LPGA doesn't invite a guy to play in one of their events?

Because the LPGA is specifically for woman; the PGA tour is for the best players. It is not a "man's" event.

Actually the LPGA is specifically for "ladies," not all women. The equivalent on the men's side would be the GPGA, the G standing for "gentlemen." If that was the case, it would exclude half of the current players on the PGA Tour.

Im not doubting Brittany's talent. But you have to understand that the depth of the back-end talent of the PGA Tour is infinitely more talented than the talent on the back-end of an LPGA event.

Hopefully she doesnt finish last. And it looks like Steven Bowditch will do his part to aid in that cause. But I do sincerely hope these types of sponsors invites are done. They serve no purpose, they put both the player and the tournament in a no-win situation, and it takes a spot away from a PGA Tour pro who probably NEEDS the start at the time of year where guys are scrambling to earn playing status for next season.

If they want to keep the status quo for these types of opposite field events like this one and the Puerto Rico one where Tony Romo got an invite, then make it a Web.com event that is open to PGA Tour pros who want to play, and take it off the official PGA Tour points and money schedule. But if the PGA Tour is gonna sanction this event and make official points and money available, then the tournament must be treated as such with regards to who is playing.

i understand all your points and frankly agree with all of them except the bolded. She's not taking a spot away from a PGA Tour Pro who needs the starts because If you're an alternate for THIS event, then you just don't belong on Tour right now with how weak the field is. Even the John Deere looks like a major compared to this one. Have a look at some of the names who got in the field before whatever pros you're referring to:

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

All the guys you listed most likely NEED the paycheck and/or the points or the CHANCE to win and/or just keep their card.

Brittany doesn't need the last place paycheck and she has NO chance to win. I'd be impressed if she made the cut.

They may NEED the paycheck, but they aren't entitled to it. If they want to earn a spot, then earn the spot. If they want to rely on sponsor's exemptions then they may or may not get a free spot.

One of them DID earn the spot. Brittany did not. The sponsor's exemption for Brittany (or anybody else for that matter) took the spot away.

And it's not like Brittany NEEDS the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Those ‘spots’ are the sponsors’ call and they do whatever to stir hypes they see fit. eg to an elite local amateur, celeb, etc

Too bad she had a bad first round. Chance for her to miss cut and the guy who needed the spot is likely both low.

All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

I rarely provide my two cents on these kinds of things. But this field was godawful and I was glad BL played here. Made 5 birdies and a hole out eagle today. Not bad at all. But the average FedEx rank was something like 192 at the beginning of the event - including @ 20 guys with no raking at all.

Putrid.

The argument that these guys ranked ~200 or so really "needed" the points or "needed" the paycheck to improve their season? You know what, play better the other ten months of the season before now. Sorry. Sponsors exemptions are just that.

If the 280th ranked player had gotten the spot instead of her, the viewership and tickets sold would have been less than it already was, guaranteed.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Brittany was bad player to showcase an LPGA player in a PGA event. Not that Brittany doesn't have the tools to compete with the guys but rather the execution. Brittany runs hot and cold on the LPGA, she most likely finishing top 10 or outside the Top 40. Her short game around the greens and her putting are very inconsistent. When she's on she competes for a win on the LPGA but if she's not on she might miss the cut,it's kinda all or nothing with Brittany. If Brittany isn't hitting lots of fairway and greens on a PGA course it's probably gonna be a long day for her.

I think the best players to compete against the man and have a chance to make the cut (depending on the strength of field) are Ariya, SHP and Lexi. Lexi's putting could cause her some fits on a PGA setup, sadly none of these players are sponsored by Puresilk lol. But I think Brittany acquitted herself well, she just had a bad first round and it will happen to her even on the LPGA too.

The whininess in this thread is pretty epic. Feel like I've wandered into some sort of incel discussion. Seems like people are forgetting that a) this is the Barbasol Championship and not like, the Olympics and 2) golf tournaments regularly invite players who are marginally competitive (i.e. have no chance to win).

Is it fair to say that you were 100% on board with the Dubai Ladies Masters invite to Paige Spiranac?

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

Existing players should play better if they want to make the field. They know what the qualification requirements are.

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

Existing players should play better if they want to make the field. They know what the qualification requirements are.

That's it ? Play better ?

If YOU were a member of an organization and someone NOT in the organization was invited in and took your spot and your opportunity to earn badly needed ca$h, I suggest you would probably be a bit,,,,,,,,,, "miffed",,,,,,,,,,

I know I would be.

Titleist Pro V1X

But I think Brittany acquitted herself well, she just had a bad first round and it will happen to her even on the LPGA too.

I'd say she played two good rounds with two bad holes, the doubles on 7 and 18 in her first round. Otherwise she had an eagle, six birdies, and eight bogies to go along with 19 pars.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Indeed. Her 2nd round play was promising. I know I risk getting chased by a mob for saying this but I hope they invite her again.

Also would like to paraphrase some of what Brittany herself had to say about her reasons. She described having to play with and against boys during high school because her school had no girls' team, faced a bunch of nasty reactions from her boy opponents for doing so, but the experience helped make her who she is today--a successful pro, on and off the course, and now she wants to encourage and inspire other young girls who might be in similar tough situations.

So, now do you feel bad about all the complaining? Good, you should. Dicks.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/brittany-lincicome-lpga-pga-golf

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

If YOU were a member of an organization and someone NOT in the organization was invited in and took your spot and your opportunity to earn badly needed ca$h, I suggest you would probably be a bit,,,,,,,,,, "miffed",,,,,,,,,,

I know I would be.

It’s not my spot - it’s the sponsors and they’re the ones who foot the bill so that I can get paid if I play well enough to both qualify and place.

Indeed. Her 2nd round play was promising. I know I risk getting chased by a mob for saying this but I hope they invite her again.

Also would like to paraphrase some of what Brittany herself had to say about her reasons. She described having to play with and against boys during high school because her school had no girls' team, faced a bunch of nasty reactions from her boy opponents for doing so, but the experience helped make her who she is today--a successful pro, on and off the course, and now she wants to encourage and inspire other young girls who might be in similar tough situations.

So, now do you feel bad about all the complaining? Good, you should. Dicks.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/brittany-lincicome-lpga-pga-golf

Are you going to respond to the Paige spiranac question?

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

I know I would be.

It's not my spot - it's the sponsors and they're the ones who foot the bill so that I can get paid if I play well enough to both qualify and place.

Easy to say but I bet you'd have a slightly different opinion if it was you that got bumped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :wave:

Titleist Pro V1X

I was at the event on Thursday. Brittany had the biggest gallery, and all it took was a minute to understand why her being there was good for golf. Little girls and young women golfers look up to her. The fact that she was playing, regardless of her finish, is commendable and something to be proud of.

She was +5 for the tournament and +5 on the par 3s in Round 1 and +2 on the par 3s in Round 2. Obviously this is where the women have the biggest challenge against he men. They are hitting significantly longer clubs into greens that are designed to accept higher shots, and they are often far more penal around the green than the par 4s and 5s.

She had 5 birdies and an eagle in Round 2.

Does she need to be playing with the men every week? Of course not. But how anybody can be critical of her getting a sponsor’s exemption to an opposite field event is beyond my comprehension. I can tell you the fans that were actually at the golf tournament were happy she was there.

I might want to send a letter to Barbasol thanking them for putting up a $3.5 million purse, among other costs of sponsoring the event, so that some players could make a pretty nice living playing golf.

Even if I wasn't good enough to earn a spot to play in an opposite-field event and "some chick" got an exemption....