B. Lincicome to get exemption into PGA Tour event

I tend to agree with the comments that it doesn't reflect well on the LPGA and her participation isn't a good advert for their tour. The upside to this seems to be minimal at best.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whininess in this thread is pretty epic. Feel like I've wandered into some sort of incel discussion. Seems like people are forgetting that a) this is the Barbasol Championship and not like, the Olympics and 2) golf tournaments regularly invite players who are marginally competitive (i.e. have no chance to win).

The whininess in this thread is pretty epic. Feel like I've wandered into some sort of incel discussion. Seems like people are forgetting that a) this is the Barbasol Championship and not like, the Olympics and 2) golf tournaments regularly invite players who are marginally competitive (i.e. have no chance to win).

This is pretty much nothing compared to the indignation and 'what about the poor starving tour pro?' in the Steph Curry Web.com thread.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Hopefully she doesnt finish last. And it looks like Steven Bowditch will do his part to aid in that cause. But I do sincerely hope these types of sponsors invites are done. They serve no purpose, they put both the player and the tournament in a no-win situation, and it takes a spot away from a PGA Tour pro who probably NEEDS the start at the time of year where guys are scrambling to earn playing status for next season..

Used to be women who went to law school and med school were asked why they were taking seats away from men. I thought we were past those days. Guess I was wrong.

Hopefully she doesnt finish last. And it looks like Steven Bowditch will do his part to aid in that cause. But I do sincerely hope these types of sponsors invites are done. They serve no purpose, they put both the player and the tournament in a no-win situation, and it takes a spot away from a PGA Tour pro who probably NEEDS the start at the time of year where guys are scrambling to earn playing status for next season..

Used to be women who went to law school and med school were asked why they were taking seats away from men. I thought we were past those days. Guess I was wrong.

i can understand your point, where you're coming from and your overall view of the posts in this thread --

what you're talking about are very different things. i agree -- there are incredibly brilliant women who can be lawyers/doctors/etc, as well as plumbers, construction workers and other professions that men have predominantly (based on history), worked. However, it's very hard to argue that point with regards to certain sports -- and that includes golf. Golf, basketball, baseball, hockey, and a few others have, at the professional level, shown too much disparity between men and women for it to be competitive should the two mix.

i mean this post as not to show disrespect - simply trying to say that sometimes, it's ok if a woman doesn't participate in a men's professional sport; it isn't sexist - just reality.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

It's not a male/female thing. As I posted above, the Steph Curry (who is a guy and played in a men's event) sponsors exemption last year, led to a big thread, full of the same nonsense you've seen here.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Please. There are very few sporting activities that a woman can compete on an even playing field with men. There just aren't. Being a lawyer or a doctor is a very different thing.

Again, this is not a "celebrate women" move. People like you might think so, but in reality all it does is a)expose the gap in skill, and b)change the parameter from being the best woman player to "can she compete against the men?" Because that's what you create when you keep putting this out there. You can call yourself enlightened or whatever, but that is the reality.

Oh come on. That is such a poor false equivalency its unreal. People complained about these publicity invites that went to Steph Curry and Romo.

It would seem to me, the real issue is with the sponsor exemption. The fact the sponsors are putting up millions, I got no issue with them taking a couple spots and giving it to people that they think will give exposure to their event. The whole "it takes someone else's spot" is such a load of crap, life isn't fair and if you as a player can't get into the Barbersol on merit than perhaps the best course of action is to find a place where you can hustle Investment banker and lawyers by day, cause chance are among the world of pro golfers you are most likely a joke and Brit being in the field will have no bearing on your future. The truth is I wouldn't even be commenting on this tournament if it was some scrub playing rather than Brittany, so from my point of view the babersol plan worked in terms of recognition .

Then why is there an LPGA?

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Im not doubting Brittany's talent. But you have to understand that the depth of the back-end talent of the PGA Tour is infinitely more talented than the talent on the back-end of an LPGA event.

Hopefully she doesnt finish last. And it looks like Steven Bowditch will do his part to aid in that cause. But I do sincerely hope these types of sponsors invites are done. They serve no purpose, they put both the player and the tournament in a no-win situation, and it takes a spot away from a PGA Tour pro who probably NEEDS the start at the time of year where guys are scrambling to earn playing status for next season.

If they want to keep the status quo for these types of opposite field events like this one and the Puerto Rico one where Tony Romo got an invite, then make it a Web.com event that is open to PGA Tour pros who want to play, and take it off the official PGA Tour points and money schedule. But if the PGA Tour is gonna sanction this event and make official points and money available, then the tournament must be treated as such with regards to who is playing.

i understand all your points and frankly agree with all of them except the bolded. She's not taking a spot away from a PGA Tour Pro who needs the starts because If you're an alternate for THIS event, then you just don't belong on Tour right now with how weak the field is. Even the John Deere looks like a major compared to this one. Have a look at some of the names who got in the field before whatever pros you're referring to:

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

Those guys haven't had "real" status in over a decade

I think you just MADE JaNelson's point.

All the guys you listed most likely NEED the paycheck and/or the points or the CHANCE to win and/or just keep their card.

Brittany doesn't need the last place paycheck and she has NO chance to win. I'd be impressed if she made the cut.

And who are YOU to decide who belongs on the Tour or not ? :ninja:

At least you picked a appropriate username. :rolleyes:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Then why is there an LPGA?

R.A.S. - NOT for men only. :taunt:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Seeing that Barbosol used their sponsor's exemption to have BL in their sponsored event, let's push for Martin Piller to get a sponsor's exemption into next year's Pure Silk championship.

I'm in for that, I would enjoy the laugh of him not making the Top 10 in an LPGA event :taunt:

I think I’d rather see a male celebrity golfer get a sponsors exemption to an LPGA Tournament. Give it to Tony Romo, Stephan Curry, John Smoltz, Justin Timberlake, or if you really want ratings, Donald Trump.

Seeing that Barbosol used their sponsor's exemption to have BL in their sponsored event, let's push for Martin Piller to get a sponsor's exemption into next year's Pure Silk championship.

I'm in for that, I would enjoy the laugh of him not making the Top 10 in an LPGA event :taunt:

I think I’d rather see a male celebrity golfer get a sponsors exemption to an LPGA Tournament. Give it to Tony Romo, Stephan Curry, John Smoltz, Justin Timberlake, or if you really want ratings, Donald Trump.

I actually think this would be a good marketing plan for certain events and it wouldn't be something that embarrass the ladies. The last 2 years (ones I paid attention too)of the Diamond Resorts event which has celebrities, Senior PGA and LPGA hitting from the same tees and Brittany, Lexi and Brooke spanked the celebrities in these events. Celebrities are mostly from sports and low handicap and highly competitive golfers who can play.

Actually I think this event may do this, from what I remember reading The Diamond Resort Invitational is gonna be all LPGA tour winners from the previous 2 years and still have the celebrities (although no Steph Curry and Tony Romo cause they are working their jobs in January). Although it will be interesting to see what male celebrities show cause with the Seniors out it (most likely due to the fact that over 3/4 of the Seniors got spanked by Lexi and Brooke the year they were each the LPGA's best finishers in the event) not sure competitive men like losing to women lol. So if they do have the high quality celebrity men, this will be a nice event to start the LPGA year.

Im not doubting Brittany's talent. But you have to understand that the depth of the back-end talent of the PGA Tour is infinitely more talented than the talent on the back-end of an LPGA event.

Hopefully she doesnt finish last. And it looks like Steven Bowditch will do his part to aid in that cause. But I do sincerely hope these types of sponsors invites are done. They serve no purpose, they put both the player and the tournament in a no-win situation, and it takes a spot away from a PGA Tour pro who probably NEEDS the start at the time of year where guys are scrambling to earn playing status for next season.

If they want to keep the status quo for these types of opposite field events like this one and the Puerto Rico one where Tony Romo got an invite, then make it a Web.com event that is open to PGA Tour pros who want to play, and take it off the official PGA Tour points and money schedule. But if the PGA Tour is gonna sanction this event and make official points and money available, then the tournament must be treated as such with regards to who is playing.

i understand all your points and frankly agree with all of them except the bolded. She's not taking a spot away from a PGA Tour Pro who needs the starts because If you're an alternate for THIS event, then you just don't belong on Tour right now with how weak the field is. Even the John Deere looks like a major compared to this one. Have a look at some of the names who got in the field before whatever pros you're referring to:

Frank Lickliter

Chris Couch

Jonathan Kaye

Brett Wetterich

Daniel Chopra

Ted Purdy

Guy Boros

Len Mattiace

Skip Kendall

Dudley Hart

Chris Smith

Greg Kraft

John Huston

Peter Lonard

Neil Lancaster

Olin Browne

Michael Bradley

Sean Micheel

Jay Don Blake

Marc Turnesa

Those guys haven't had "real" status in over a decade

I think you just MADE JaNelson's point.

All the guys you listed most likely NEED the paycheck and/or the points or the CHANCE to win and/or just keep their card.

Brittany doesn't need the last place paycheck and she has NO chance to win. I'd be impressed if she made the cut.

And who are YOU to decide who belongs on the Tour or not ? :ninja:

At least you picked a appropriate username. :rolleyes:

I'm not deciding who belongs on TOUR or not, that is determined by the category that a player falls into. All the players on the list I named got into the event off a category that was so far down the list that every PGA Tour member with exempt or conditional status already got into the event before them.

i can understand your point, where you're coming from and your overall view of the posts in this thread --

what you're talking about are very different things. i agree -- there are incredibly brilliant women who can be lawyers/doctors/etc, as well as plumbers, construction workers and other professions that men have predominantly (based on history), worked. However, it's very hard to argue that point with regards to certain sports -- and that includes golf. Golf, basketball, baseball, hockey, and a few others have, at the professional level, shown too much disparity between men and women for it to be competitive should the two mix.

i mean this post as not to show disrespect - simply trying to say that sometimes, it's ok if a woman doesn't participate in a men's professional sport; it isn't sexist - just reality.

I work in techie stuff where the gender really does not matter. Some of the smartest people I have worked with have been women and nobody in the industry thinks that's an anomaly of any sorts. It's not. In the Western countries it never is a topic. Some countries are, for the lack of polite words that can be used on the forum, more conservative. Hell, I did a project in Saudi Arabia and even there about half of the customer's team were women. Saudi women that is, not foreigners, who happened to have Ph.D.s from pretty well known English and American universities. The last time I checked lawyers do not need to engage in a contest of tossing the law books as far as possible so I don't see why it would be any different.

But sport is different and physical differences between women and men are not a historical event but a biological thing. Just go to any yoga class and it's full of fit women who can't do a single push up properly. Women have a bit over half of the strength of men in the upper body and two thirds in the lower body. That is science, not politics. Obviously, when you take select individuals of both genders and condition them it results that men's conditioning takes them further. The biological differences simply become bigger. There will always be exceptions and individuals that deviate from the statistical norm substantially (let's not get into gender definition and testing in athletics...) but overall that means at the professional level men and women can't compete together in most sports.

You can turn that into a value statement depending on your view of the world but I take it as a scientific statement which is free of any values. I watch women's sports for what it is (no, I do not mean "display of scantly dressed athletic bodies") and I do watch men's sports for what it is. So I guess this is a compllicated way of saying I pretty much agree with you.

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

Barbasol is so desperate for coverage...no one will be watching this event.

The Brittany invite will get 100 more people to watch the event...and if 5 of those viewers buy a can of Barbasol....they just made an additional profit of $2.50....it all about capitalism. :taunt:

I'll be one of those 100 people...but will record it and just FF it to Bam Bam's shots.

I don't think Brittany has any expectations....Perio asked her and as a Pure Silk endorsed pro she said yes...and I really do believe Bam Bam likes playing with the boys when she's at home.

what is Barbasol?

Shaving cream brand.

Ya it's just Pure Silk, put into a manly can so guys won't know they are buying Pure Silk.

My sentiments exactly and shaving with one of those 3 blade things---- Man up like I do use a cup with shaving soap and a brush and old school one blade razor---- It builds character

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Barbasol is so desperate for coverage...no one will be watching this event.

The Brittany invite will get 100 more people to watch the event...and if 5 of those viewers buy a can of Barbasol....they just made an additional profit of $2.50....it all about capitalism. :taunt:

I'll be one of those 100 people...but will record it and just FF it to Bam Bam's shots.

I don't think Brittany has any expectations....Perio asked her and as a Pure Silk endorsed pro she said yes...and I really do believe Bam Bam likes playing with the boys when she's at home.

what is Barbasol?

Shaving cream brand.

Ya it's just Pure Silk, put into a manly can so guys won't know they are buying Pure Silk.

My sentiments exactly and shaving with one of those 3 blade things---- Man up like I do use a cup with shaving soap and a brush and old school one blade razor---- It builds character

We need an LPGA Shaving subforum ;)

I use the brush and safety razor thingie at home as well. It's a great way to spend twice the time to get a really poor results in comparison to modern Gillettes which I use when traveling. Not sure what that does to my character.

Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

I am not sexist in any shape or form even if I am old school as heck (ask anyone who knows me on here about the old school part) I have seen some darn good female doctors and some darn good female lawyers. It is character and intestinal fortitude that builds a person not gender.

Joe I have no problem getting a smooth good shave and besides those double edged blades are cheaper and everyone that knows me on here will tell you I am one self admitted CHEAP SOB :taunt:

Joe I have no problem getting a smooth good shave and besides those double edged blades are cheaper and everyone that knows me on here will tell you I am one self admitted CHEAP SOB :taunt:

I've read with great interest your writings on putting together bags of clubs from the piles of scrap metal you work through in your business. I say it's pretty awesome. But wouldn't a true cheapskate use a cut throat razor to save himself from a need to buy blades altogether?

Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

Meanwhile in golf news... the second round is suspended and the last tee times of the afternoon are rescheduled to the morning. That includes Lincicome. There's a bunch of players who are likely to make the cut with only one or two holes of round two played, or none at all. Going to be a long day tomorrow!

Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

Meanwhile in golf news... the second round is suspended and the last tee times of the afternoon are rescheduled to the morning. That includes Lincicome. There's a bunch of players who are likely to make the cut with only one or two holes of round two played, or none at all. Going to be a long day tomorrow!

At least she can say she made the weekend.

why was my post removed? i said nothing offensive, controversial, negative or anything about the sporting event, women, or anything else discussed in this thread...?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

why was my post removed? i said nothing offensive, controversial, negative or anything about the sporting event, women, or anything else discussed in this thread...?

My reply is gone as well. Oh well, we can always discuss the skimpy attires. :WTF:

Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

My reply is gone as well. Oh well, we can always discuss the skimpy attires. :WTF:

i'd rather save that for the guys in the creeper thread - they're really good about 'only talking about the outfits/fashion'... cue the *eye roll*

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”