Srixon's new Z785 driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Just fyi to people, Srixon and Clevelands website seems to be having issues with updating order statuses to shipped. My buddy was told a November ship date on his driver and fairway and they showed up randomly yesterday. My hybrid showed up randomly the other day. Placed a Cleveland order this past sunday and was told by live chat it shipped and they sent me tracking but my order still says not shipped. Hopefully some of you get surprise packages!

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so... having previously bemoaned the poorer shaft options in the UK I went to get fit for a new driver and the best by some way was the stock option HZRDUS red. Still grinds my gears that the US market gets the hand crafted but maybe I’ll upgrade if the marriage goes well.

Part of the gang now. 785 10.5 with HZRDUS red 6.5. Dispersion a little behind the 400max HZRDUS yellow but 12-15 yards further.

Exchanged my 785 today for one without head blemishes... also grabbed a 50/56 RTX4 setup. Some new toys for tomorrow!

KMac, I hear you about hitting it outside... The G400 gave me the best ball speed numbers on GC2, but the 785 is only 1-2 behind and the spin is actually up a tad to low-mid 2000s so I am looking forward to seeing what it does in the real world.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

First round out with the 785 was ok. But it was mostly me... I was hitting the ball all over the face. I think it's a little longer than what I normally play but even missing it (mostly high toe which is weird) the ball was still getting out there and wasn't really getting me in any trouble. I was surprised for how badly I was missing the center of the face that it was still performing the way it was. I'm going to cut the shaft down a tad and see how it does, maybe try another shaft as well. Feel and sounds really nice though, and looks even better.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I went to the course today and they had a stupid outing going on so I had to practice. Ugh! But the 785 was awesome once again. This driver really just checks all the boxes. It looks great behind the ball, like there’s no way I’m not smashing it. Feels and sound is also great. It’s just powerful. Only missed way right once or twice and that’s just me leaving it open. Hit around the face and for the most part it’s going to stay safe.

Have any of you tried to fit the head into an older adapter, say 545/65? I have a couple adapters but the screw in the 85 looks like it may be a tad larger. I want to give another shaft I have a go but I don't want to force it.

Edit*

Srixon emailed me back and said the Z45 adapter will not work with the 65/85 but the 65 should be compatible with the 85. I'm trying to clarify if its just the screw or the adapter itself, but I believe its just the screw.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Feel like the 758 blows the doors off the G400 but thats just my .02

I feel like the only way to know this is to just buy one and put them up against each other.... Demoing is great but can only tell so much. May just pull the damn trigger.

I have and I love the feel of the srixon but for me the Ping has better numbers

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

Mine arrived today. Looking good. There 45 1/4 std. length matches up exactly with my 917 D2 that was ordered at 45.5, so there is some variety on how OEMs measure out length.

My specs are 785, 9.5, Miyazata 6 in stiff (55554). Will check out SW this week.

Planning to test it out on course this Tuesday and Wednesday. Our course has just switched to "winter" tees, so it will be tough to get a good read on how it compares to the D2. I hope to get on Trackman in the next 2 weeks to compare ball speeds. I have many used ProV1xs (in the hundreds) that I will use for the Trackman test. Should be able to get a good comparison with about a dozen balls with each.

My son with driver ss of low 100's said he picked up about 5 or 6 mph with the 785 over his 915D2. At 76 years with ss at mid 90's at best, I am hoping for maybe another 3 or 4 mph.

Finally got mine with the Pro Orange after 7 weeks and I don’t even want to hit it anymore because my G400 with the new shaft is so good. I guess I will just sell it haha

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

Finally got mine with the Pro Orange after 7 weeks and I don’t even want to hit it anymore because my G400 with the new shaft is so good. I guess I will just sell it haha

yeah..... gotta be honest and say that I'm tired of waiting for mine. I'm tempted to just purchase a PO 70 tx with ping tip and a gmax head and mess around with it and my LST.

Just got mine with the PO 70s. I tried my friends M1 with the po 60tx and could only hit low bullets so the 70s seems nice. High boring ball flight that just peels off a tad left to right. Much more muted sound and feel than my current JPX900 with an addi6x

could you give me a little more insight as the jpx900 has been one of those under the radar clubs that has worked very well for me.....nowhere need your speed and I fine the jpx900 very ez to shape...not so much with my M3

Ordered my orange stiff Sept 12 from DD and it was shipped yesterday. Probably will take to early next week to get here in Canada.

My course closes Sunday.

$#@$%^&

How do you deal with import duties and taxes when ordering from DD? Or do you just pay them?

I just paid them, they were expected. Once I knew they used USPS I had a ballpark figure (other carriers get $$$ and tricky). Once I paid for the club, exchange rate, shipping, duty and taxes it was about $55 cheaper than going through Golftown. This was for a factory custom with a extra weight that was requested at time of order, I had the Pro Orange cut down to 44.5 and I needed help with the head weight, still might need some lead tape but that's next years problem as we are shut down to the season :(

edit: sorry, think I misunderstood. I paid the post office the duty/taxes on pick up

Hope it does well for you but if not sounds like you have some solid ground to fall back on with the G400. My fall back is the Epic which to me is one of the best feeling and performing drivers ever.

Not to derail, but I heard the Epic feels 'hard' off the face? Is this true? I hit the Z785 and it felt pretty soft off the face (which I love), it just spun too much for me on the LM that day (even with the HZRDUS Black I was averaging around 3000). Everything was going way right for me, which is weird, so perhaps I was delivering too much loft and need to test further.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Hope it does well for you but if not sounds like you have some solid ground to fall back on with the G400. My fall back is the Epic which to me is one of the best feeling and performing drivers ever.

Not to derail, but I heard the Epic feels 'hard' off the face? Is this true? I hit the Z785 and it felt pretty soft off the face (which I love), it just spun too much for me on the LM that day (even with the HZRDUS Black I was averaging around 3000). Everything was going way right for me, which is weird, so perhaps I was delivering too much loft and need to test further.

I have never felt that the Epic feels hard off the face but feel is always subjective, it seems. Funny, I had the exact same results from the Titleist TS2 which I bought and will now have to sell. Its so far right for me I'm scared to even take it out on the course

Straight right, or slicing right? With that much spin it could be possible you are coming outside to in causing the spin? For me, and others it seems, this driver wants to go left. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the weight placement being closer to the heel?? I'm going to hit mine some more tomorrow and see if I can get it straightened out a bit. I found the Epic to feel ok, but the Rogue felt much harder to me... going to be different for everyone but I will agree the 785 feels much better than both.

Unless you are left handed... LOL

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Hit it yesterday for the first time. Played a bunch of holes - first two drives went left. They were all pretty straight after that. Usually, I get tired and end up hitting huge blocks right. Didn’t see that ball flight.

What I will say is, best looking and sounding driver that I have hit this year. The crown actually reminds me of the Cobra LTD.

Will play it as long as I can this year, and definitely for my golf trips later this year.

what flex is your PO?

70TX

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

Absolutely hated the sound of my Rogue Sub Zero so I took the 785 for spin Sunday and let me say...I was really impressed with the feel. With my Rogue SZ slight miss hits felt like I was hitting rocks. The 785 face felt so much better at impact and my flight was very consistent. Now I'm thinking about making the switch for good.

Took the 785 and the G400 to the range today.. G400 has the HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 and my 785 has the HZRDUS black 62 6.0. I expected more out of the 785 but the G400 just blew it out of the water. I was bummed too. I really love the look of the 785 at address and it feels great when nutted... but so does the G400 and it was carrying further, flying higher and mis hits were staying closer to my target line. I would like to try the 785 with the HZRDUS red maybe and see if that helps at all. Hitting it indoors has been killing me lately.... The ones I hit well there have not been translating to the outdoors.

Also, I cut the shaft down to play at 45" and I was hitting just about every ball out of the middle with the 785 today, but flights and results were kind of all over the place...

I may spend the money to get a Srixon adapter for a HZRDUS yellow 5.5 I have and give it another shot with that shaft.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Took the 785 and the G400 to the range today.. G400 has the HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 and my 785 has the HZRDUS black 62 6.0. I expected more out of the 785 but the G400 just blew it out of the water. I was bummed too. I really love the look of the 785 at address and it feels great when nutted... but so does the G400 and it was carrying further, flying higher and mis hits were staying closer to my target line. I would like to try the 785 with the HZRDUS red maybe and see if that helps at all. Hitting it indoors has been killing me lately.... The ones I hit well there have not been translating to the outdoors.

Also, I cut the shaft down to play at 45" and I was hitting just about every ball out of the middle with the 785 today, but flights and results were kind of all over the place...

I may spend the money to get a Srixon adapter for a HZRDUS yellow 5.5 I have and give it another shot with that shaft.

Why would you go with a yellow 5.5 and not the same 76g 6.0 you have in the G400?

Why would you go with a yellow 5.5 and not the same 76g 6.0 you have in the G400?

Only because I have the 5.5 just sitting here. Im going to tip it a little before installing the adapter to try and get it a little tighter... not sure it will matter but ill try... I was hitting center repeatedly and results were meh.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Only because I have the 5.5 just sitting here. Im going to tip it a little before installing the adapter to try and get it a little tighter... not sure it will matter but ill try... I was hitting center repeatedly and results were meh.

Makes sense. Sounds like the G400 combo is going to be hard to beat for you.