Srixon's new Z785 driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Got mine to the range.

Setup ordered:

PO70tx 9.5, 1/2” short, tipped 1/2”, 12 gram weight.

Setup i received:

45.25” gripped, 197g head with 12g installed, tipped 1/2” as requested.

My current setup is a F8+ with tensei PW 70tx 44.5” hotmelted to D4 (207g)

I went to range and hit roughly 50 balls. Flight is awesome. Gets up quickly and flattens out.

I hit nearly every ball off the heel side of the face. Could not get one single ball toe side of center. Now my current setup is 44.5 and this one was supposed to be 44.75 as an experiment but they must measure differently as it was 45.25 gripped. I’m not sure if the extra 1/2” is the issue or the D1 swingweight but i was having trouble hitting it square.

The sound is great and the ball jumps off the face. All in all i know i want to keep this head and give it a go properly setup to my liking.

Now i did already pull apart the club and measure tip to graphics and they were spot on the 1/2” tipping. I cut 1/2” off the butt and reinstalled the adapter in the position i liked the flight the best tonight. That was -1* which opens the face 2* according to their booklet.

Will grip it up tomorrow night and give it another go with 7-8 grams of lead tape on it. I am pretty certain I’m going to like this head with the PO or my PW but time will tell.

The PO feels softer to me than my PW if anyone cares. Not in a bad way, just really made question if it had been tipped at all. This is my first counterbalanced shaft so that could be part of it as well.

Albatross -

I also ordered my PO tipped 1/2". Would you mind measuring the distance from the adapter to a point on the shaft so I can verify my order when I receive it?

Thanks!

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine to the range.

Setup ordered:

Setup i received:

I went to range and hit roughly 50 balls. Flight is awesome. Gets up quickly and flattens out.

I hit nearly every ball off the heel side of the face. Could not get one single ball toe side of center. Now my current setup is 44.5 and this one was supposed to be 44.75 as an experiment but they must measure differently as it was 45.25 gripped. I’m not sure if the extra 1/2” is the issue or the D1 swingweight but i was having trouble hitting it square.

The sound is great and the ball jumps off the face. All in all i know i want to keep this head and give it a go properly setup to my liking.

Now i did already pull apart the club and measure tip to graphics and they were spot on the 1/2” tipping. I cut 1/2” off the butt and reinstalled the adapter in the position i liked the flight the best tonight. That was -1* which opens the face 2* according to their booklet.

Will grip it up tomorrow night and give it another go with 7-8 grams of lead tape on it. I am pretty certain I’m going to like this head with the PO or my PW but time will tell.

The PO feels softer to me than my PW if anyone cares. Not in a bad way, just really made question if it had been tipped at all. This is my first counterbalanced shaft so that could be part of it as well.

Albatross -

I also ordered my PO tipped 1/2". Would you mind measuring the distance from the adapter to a point on the shaft so I can verify my order when I receive it?

Thanks!

26.5” to silver ring under the orange band is untipped measurement
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Got mine to the range.

Setup ordered:

Setup i received:

Albatross -

Thanks!

Thanks! It's tough to find measurements including the adapter so this is super clutch!

Got mine to the range.

Setup ordered:

Setup i received:

Albatross -

Thanks!

Thanks! It's tough to find measurements including the adapter so this is super clutch!

that measurement is without the adapter.
  • Tour B XS

Adapter adds about 3/8" if I remember?

Mine SWs to D0 and I did not get a weight kit included :(

Lead tape here I come....

Yep, Srixon does not swingweight their clubs. I just ordered another roll of lead tape haha

I ordered mine 44.75” with a Midsize Grip and PO 70TX. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s C9 lol

Yep, Srixon does not swingweight their clubs. I just ordered another roll of lead tape haha

I ordered mine 44.75" with a Midsize Grip and PO 70TX. Wouldn't be surprised if it's C9 lol

My rough estimate with the PB 60TX at -3/4'' should have been D1, but I did get 2 extra wraps of tape, so maaaaybe that edged me to D0. Either way, it needs some lead tape. Not sure how CB'ed the 70TX is, but my XTorsion took off 6 SW points from it's balance point. So yeah you could be pretty close to C9 with it cut down and a midsize grip.

Got mine out to the course tonight. Really like the club. Playing 44.5” and had 9 grams of lead tape to get it to 206g. That made it D2 swingweight with a Mcc +4. Launches high but definitely does not overspin. Gets up QUICK and flies. I had zero distance issues and felt like it was flying further than my F8+.

Still only hit a couple in the center of the face and all other heel side. I have zero clue why but it may be a swing issue with me that will resolve itself. The club flew great and was very forgiving even hitting on the slight heel side. I’m going to hotmelt it to match the 206g and get the lead tape off.

Tensei PO definitely feels easier to swing and smoother to me. It’s 73g while the PW is 78g. No idea if the launch difference is the shaft or the head but it’s a dramatic difference. Srixon launches at prob 16-17* and my cobra is like 10*.

• Tour B XS

Got my 9.5 with tensei pro blue 60tx out for 18. Felt incredibly forgiving and my miss hits didn't seem to get punished too badly. Unfortunately I think the really low swing weight was presenting issues but it's nothing some lead tape can't fix.

Next week when my other head and shaft get here, I'll be going on the trackman. I had a few drives over 300 today and two more over 280 which is very good for me. I have been doing superspeed golf, but with my m2 it's pretty rare to see those distances.

Update: 18 holes money game today. Love the head. The PO is not for me. Feels amazing and powerful but with my release i only hit it left all day. Gonna try my PW in the srixon head.

• Tour B XS

Any of you hit the 585 before deciding to go with the 785? Just curious as to what the playing differences are. I noticed the 585 seems to sit a little more closed and didn't get to hit the 785. 585 was pretty good, wasn't upset by it.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Sad day... on the last hole of the day I finally executed my swing. Everything in sequence. Proper sensation in transition. Good rotation through the ball and a perfectly flighted bullet draw.... like the tiger f- yeah swing at the players. Finally felt like I got all the little minor swing pieces down and finished... problem is I was using my rogue driver... can’t switch anymore.

Any of you hit the 585 before deciding to go with the 785? Just curious as to what the playing differences are. I noticed the 585 seems to sit a little more closed and didn't get to hit the 785. 585 was pretty good, wasn't upset by it.

To my eye the 785 sits pretty neutral, very straight flight. To hit any kind of draw or fade, I had to try to work the ball... Thing wants to make the ball go pretty straight.

I was finally able to get the 785 out on the range just to get some swings on it and make friends. I played last weekend with it and was pretty impressed as I stated earlier but that was literally hitting it brand new without any practice. So on the range with no pressure or worry about where the ball went it was really easy to hit straight. Had a couple that I missed way right but that's a swing issue that I've been fighting with lately which I was also working on with a grip change. One thing I noticed while looking down at it is the club just looks good. Like really good. Sun was out and that pattern on it just looks awesome. This thing is just really easy to hit and really easy to make go straight. It sounds powerful too without being too harsh.

I found the same thing; z785 so easy to make go pretty straight. My M2 was immmmposssiibbblleee to hit straight. I had to play a 10-15 yard draw, whereas this thing pretty much goes where you point it.

Honestly... I think it may go right in the bag. Miss hits were super forgiving and it seemed pretty hot still. I had 2 drives that I pulled off the toe and they still got out to about 275, in the rough. M2 was a bomber in the center, but pretty bad everywhere else. It's just a matter of if I'm going to put the 9.5 or 10.5 head in. My miss tends to be low on the face, but when I struck middle this thing did launch pretty high, much higher than my M2. Spin was low though still. I'll be curious to see the ball speeds this week on trackman.

Range session with pro white and the club came alive. I am just better with a soft butt in the driver shaft. Really loving the flight and explosive feeling. I didn’t hit any left like with the PO. Hopefully this is a trend in right direction. Vegas golf trip next week and i think I’m bringing the srixon.

• Tour B XS

Nice to see the driver in a pro bag! Irons too

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1699578-grayson-murray-2018-witb/

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

ordered the z785 po 70tx after testing it out at pgass. drove to the store even after they said "we would never have the pro orange in our fitting bag" over the phone. Not only did they have the po.... they had it in tx flex. PERFECT!

couldn't hit it at all in the beginning. every shot was either high on the face or on the heel. So I decided to grab an xforged iron and warm up properly. Hit a bunch of straight shots with the iron and then decided to give the z785 another whirl.

Very straight ball flight. I was impressed. I usually hit a 5-10 yrd draw with my gaming driver. But was only drawing the ball about 2-3 yards with the z785. Carry around 270-290 with 280-310 roll out. I took a couple bridgestone tour bx balls with me also to get more realistic results. Not bad for never hitting it before. I usually gain tons more confidence after I practice with new drivers a few times. I'm hoping this time is no different. Hoping for the consistent 285 carry 310 rollout with 2-3 yard draw. If not, no harm no foul and I'll return it within the 60 day guaranty.

Mine is being delivered today - range session Thursday. 785 w. Tensei Pro Blue 60s.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I hit mine several times at the range this past weekend. I was playing in a tournament, so I didn't put it in play on the course, but hit it head to head with my current LTD Pro. I also borrowed the demo Tensei Pro Orange 70X that Edwin Watts was given by Srixon (but they didn't give them any demo heads.... ) I also went into Watts yesterday and hit both shafts on the simulator. I had it set at one notch lower loft than standard.

Bottom line, the Tensei pro blue really spins for me, much more than I expected. The Pro Orange actually spun a bit more than I expected, I thought it would be a bit more stout. On the range, the blue goes very high and wants to turn over. The orange is flatter and less spinny and tended to be able to hit both ways but still had a left bias if I had to say anything. I also hit some with the Atmos Black on the simulator, didn't care for the feel as much, numbers not that far from the orange.

Now I am coming from the Cobra LTD Pro, which I have been playing on the fade setting at 9.5, also used to play the Bio Cell Pro set up that way, sometimes down at 8.5/fade. The hook aspect of how I was hitting them could be what I am used to. After a fair amount of time one day with the 785 I was starting to hit more of a straight ball flight. And when I picked up my Cobra I started hitting a pretty good fade, something I haven't been doing with it.

I do love the feel and sound, but on the simulator, my ball speed/ carry as well as spin was not as good as I hoped. Still have to get it out on the course, maybe the stock HZRDUS black actually could be what I am looking for, didn't hit any with it though.

I also want to comment on the 3 wood, as my F85 came in yesterday and I was also hitting it on the simulator. I had them put a HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0 in it, I ordered the 15 degree model. I was killing that thing with a baby draw, and it felt great off the club face. I love the look, nice square set up.

I think this club may also be a real sleeper. At $250 with the handcrafted HZRDUS yellow and black shafts as no upcharge options, I would recommend taking a look at it if you are in the market for a 3 wood. The stock red HZRDUS doesn't say it is HC, not sure what they are up too with that though.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV