Srixon's new Z785 driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Picked mine up today from Edwin Watts, ordered 9/13, 45 inches (-1/4 from stock), Tensei Pro Blue 60 TX, GP MCC plus 4 grip. It didn't come with any extra weights. I had them put it on the swingweight scale when I was there, came out at D1. I went and told them to order me the 12 gram weight which will bring it up to D3. Just to compare, I had them throw on my LTD Pro with the Cobra Red Tie X shaft I have (which came with my Bio Cell Pro), it swingweighted out at D6, the Bio Cell Pro stock was D4......

Will head to the range tonight to see how it plays at D1, I hope the shaft is not more than I can handle. I had hit the non-pro Tensi Blue in another head, and in a stiff it felt like a R to me, but the pro is different. I will see how it goes....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked mine up today from Edwin Watts, ordered 9/13, 45 inches (-1/4 from stock), Tensei Pro Blue 60 TX, GP MCC plus 4 grip. It didn't come with any extra weights. I had them put it on the swingweight scale when I was there, came out at D1. I went and told them to order me the 12 gram weight which will bring it up to D3. Just to compare, I had them throw on my LTD Pro with the Cobra Red Tie X shaft I have (which came with my Bio Cell Pro), it swingweighted out at D6, the Bio Cell Pro stock was D4......

Will head to the range tonight to see how it plays at D1, I hope the shaft is not more than I can handle. I had hit the non-pro Tensi Blue in another head, and in a stiff it felt like a R to me, but the pro is different. I will see how it goes....

Tensei Pro Blue plays soft, i wouldnt worry about it being too stiff
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Ordered the 785 10.5* with the Tensei CK Blue and a dozen of the new Q Star Tours on 9/18. Balls came today, called customer service and they told me that they have no more 10.5* heads or that shaft at the moment. Expected delivery is approximately the 3rd week of October. Hard to believe that they sold that many heads and shafts. Didn't think they were that popular, poor planning IMO. Feel like cancelling, golf season will soon be over probably by the time I receive the driver. Oh well, most likely going to get the new Titleist anyway, like everything about the Titleist over the Srixon with the exception of the real deal Tensei. Maybe sell the head and pull the tip in the shaft to use on another driver.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

Tensei Pro Blue plays soft, i wouldnt worry about it being too stiff

Hit a fair amount tonight at the range, you are right, it seems fairly soft for an X, almost too soft. I was hitting it quite high, hard to tell about spin, but it seemed like it was spinning more than I expected. Head felt great though, I might mess with the hosel settings and see if they change anything. I will have to get it on the course with real golf balls to see how it really plays, maybe take it in on the simulator and compare it to my Cobra. I'm playing in a tournament this weekend, so it won't go in the bag until next week anyway....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

A lot of people keep complaining about poor planning on Srixons part. Sales went through the roof after they sold the drivers with no up charge shafts and a money back guarantee. They probably didn’t see this coming with the small market share that they have in the US. It happens to all the club companies. When PIng introduced the i200 they were on a two month back order because they didn’t have enough heads to fill all the orders. Even the new Mizuno 900 Tours are out of stock.

A lot of people keep complaining about poor planning on Srixons part. Sales went through the roof after they sold the drivers with no up charge shafts and a money back guarantee. They probably didn't see this coming with the small market share that they have in the US. It happens to all the club companies. When PIng introduced the i200 they were on a two month back order because they didn't have enough heads to fill all the orders. Even the new Mizuno 900 Tours are out of stock.

Well from a business standpoint, it's better to be 2 months back logged than have millions of dollars of inventory sitting around. Yes some people may cancels orders because they don't want to wait, but it's much less risky to buy less than you think you'll need, than more (and have to liquidate later).

It does suck for us, but I can kind of understand. They are honoring the 60 day money back claim from time of receipt, so there's really no risk on the buyer's end to just wait.

Got delivery email from fedex for mine. Ordered a PO 70tx on 9/11

I ordered same dat with the same setup and still nothing.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

It does suck for us, but I can kind of understand. They are honoring the 60 day money back claim from time of receipt, so there's really no risk on the buyer's end to just wait

and why wouldn't they. It would be horrible CS if they did not

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

Dang man. It sucks that they can't get more of these out to people before the end of the season. I totally understand from a business perspective that its much better to have too little inventory than to end up like the old Taylormade model. Srixon has a great product.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I would love to demo on of these drivers. But, and it is a huge but, trying to get someone local to stock them seems impossible. Our Pro does not stock Srixon clubs. The local shops are equally averse to anything other than Ping, TM, Callaway and Titleist. A few have been stung by having a load of Mizuno woods that gathered dust and also having to offload Nike at silly money. Anyone in North of England stocking these as I am prepared to do a bit of travelling for my ideal 2019 set?

I had my 585 driver on Weds and it arrives here on Mon….no shipping problems....looking forward to playing the driver on Tues...

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max, 10.5 deg,  UST Helium 5F3, Regula

5-Wood - Cobra LTDx Max,  16.5 deg, UST Helium 5F3, Regular

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 - 3 Hybrid, Recoil Dart 75gm, Regular

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 - 4 Hybrid, Recoil Dart 75gm, Regular

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 - 5 Hybrid, Recoil Dart 75gm, Regular

Irons - PXG 0311 XP Gen 3 - 5 thru PW, AW, Mistubishi MMT 70, Regular

Wedges - PXG 0311 Forged, 54* and 58*

Putter - Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 putter, 34* shaft

Balls - Callaway Chrome Soft X balls

I had my 585 driver on Weds and it arrives here on Mon….no shipping problems....looking forward to playing the driver on Tues...

Block list updated

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Got my 9.5* with PO 70TX Monday. -.25". Swingweight was D1.5 after I requested 3. Almost got a little perturbed until I noticed extra 10 and 12g weights were inside the wrench bag.

Nice! I hit it last night and it felt great. Cannot wait to get it on a LM.

Nice! Mine is waiting on my porch as we speak. Looking forward to comparing it to my F8+. F8+ has been my most consistent driver ive ever owned but it doesnt seem to have that "big ball" in it like my LTD pro did.
  • Tour B XS

Got my 9.5* with PO 70TX Monday. -.25". Swingweight was D1.5 after I requested 3. Almost got a little perturbed until I noticed extra 10 and 12g weights were inside the wrench bag.

Nice! Mine is waiting on my porch as we speak. Looking forward to comparing it to my F8+. F8+ has been my most consistent driver ive ever owned but it doesnt seem to have that "big ball" in it like my LTD pro did.

LTD pro might still be one of the best drivers in the last 5 years

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

LTD pro might still be one of the best drivers in the last 5 years

Yep. I cracked the head on mine, cobra sent me a new one and it wasnt the same.
  • Tour B XS

Playing on the mini tours and just got some help out from srixon. Should have my clubs coming in next week and haven’t been this excited for new clubs in quite some time. This 785 line is the real deal.

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

Got mine today with my Tensei PB 60TX. Will report back soon with how I like it. Hit about 300 balls today during practice so the blisters flared up a bit. I wanted to test it out tomorrow but I don't want to rip these open.

I have a 10.5* coming with the Blue HC 6.5 coming, too.... but it looks like it's delayed.

I’m bummed about the delays you guys are experiencing.

Just wanted to add to the thread that I emailed Srixon inquiring about their Tour Stand Bag coming to the US. They said not until October, but thanked me for being a customer and sent me a free case of Z Star XV’s.

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with their customer service.

Just notified that my stick shipped. Due to me next Tuesday.

I’m bummed about the delays you guys are experiencing.

Just wanted to add to the thread that I emailed Srixon inquiring about their Tour Stand Bag coming to the US. They said not until October, but thanked me for being a customer and sent me a free case of Z Star XV’s.

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with their customer service.

If you dont want those balls I will take them!

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Got mine. Ordered -1/2” with 12 gram weight. Everything looks perfect. Came in at D1 with 12g. That’s to be expected with counter balanced PO shaft. Love the way the head sets up. Off to the range!

• Tour B XS

Got mine to the range.

Setup ordered:

PO70tx 9.5, 1/2” short, tipped 1/2”, 12 gram weight.

Setup i received:

45.25” gripped, 197g head with 12g installed, tipped 1/2” as requested.

My current setup is a F8+ with tensei PW 70tx 44.5” hotmelted to D4 (207g)

I went to range and hit roughly 50 balls. Flight is awesome. Gets up quickly and flattens out.

I hit nearly every ball off the heel side of the face. Could not get one single ball toe side of center. Now my current setup is 44.5 and this one was supposed to be 44.75 as an experiment but they must measure differently as it was 45.25 gripped. I’m not sure if the extra 1/2” is the issue or the D1 swingweight but i was having trouble hitting it square.

The sound is great and the ball jumps off the face. All in all i know i want to keep this head and give it a go properly setup to my liking.

Now i did already pull apart the club and measure tip to graphics and they were spot on the 1/2” tipping. I cut 1/2” off the butt and reinstalled the adapter in the position i liked the flight the best tonight. That was -1* which opens the face 2* according to their booklet.

Will grip it up tomorrow night and give it another go with 7-8 grams of lead tape on it. I am pretty certain I’m going to like this head with the PO or my PW but time will tell.

The PO feels softer to me than my PW if anyone cares. Not in a bad way, just really made question if it had been tipped at all. This is my first counterbalanced shaft so that could be part of it as well.

• Tour B XS

Got mine to the range.

Setup ordered:

PO70tx 9.5, 1/2” short, tipped 1/2”, 12 gram weight.

Setup i received:

45.25” gripped, 197g head with 12g installed, tipped 1/2” as requested.

My current setup is a F8+ with tensei PW 70tx 44.5” hotmelted to D4 (207g)

I went to range and hit roughly 50 balls. Flight is awesome. Gets up quickly and flattens out.

I hit nearly every ball off the heel side of the face. Could not get one single ball toe side of center. Now my current setup is 44.5 and this one was supposed to be 44.75 as an experiment but they must measure differently as it was 45.25 gripped. I’m not sure if the extra 1/2” is the issue or the D1 swingweight but i was having trouble hitting it square.

The sound is great and the ball jumps off the face. All in all i know i want to keep this head and give it a go properly setup to my liking.

Now i did already pull apart the club and measure tip to graphics and they were spot on the 1/2” tipping. I cut 1/2” off the butt and reinstalled the adapter in the position i liked the flight the best tonight. That was -1* which opens the face 2* according to their booklet.

Will grip it up tomorrow night and give it another go with 7-8 grams of lead tape on it. I am pretty certain I’m going to like this head with the PO or my PW but time will tell.

The PO feels softer to me than my PW if anyone cares. Not in a bad way, just really made question if it had been tipped at all. This is my first counterbalanced shaft so that could be part of it as well.

Interesting. I ordered mine at standard length (45.25) and if arrived at 45.75 with grip on. My swingweight with tensei pro blue was very light. D0..with the 8 gram weight. Not sure how Srixon is measuring the length on these but all my other clubs are the length I’ve ordered them according to my Mitchell ruler. I emailed Srixon just to let them know the club is a half inch longer than I ordered. They said i could send it back in and have them cut it...no thanks I’ll cut it myself.

Did get out on the course to finally hit it. Missed 3 balls left out of play with it on holes I haven’t missed left all year with my ping g400lst. I don’t know if the tensei blue just isn’t a good for for me or what but dispersion just wasn’t very good compared to my ping. However, it does feel amazing when flushed just not sure that the setup is right for me...I’ll admit I ordered just to try the tensei blue because I have the white and orange already.

Also, it’s funny that you say the orange feels softer than the white. I have a tensei pro white 70tx and for me the tensei pro orange 60tx I have feels stiffer than the white

I tried this club at a demo day last weekend, and all I can say is just WOW! My driver swing is still somewhat inconsistent but swing after swing it did the same baby fade. Overswings are a pull but this thing just baby faded for those 10-20 shots. As some have said, ball does seem to jump off the face and I think it is more forgiving than my current gamer Big Bertha Fusion. I demoed it with the HC black and it felt sooo smooth. The sound and feel of this club was just amazing. It seemed soo consistent. I tried out a F8 as well(no f8+ during demo) and as a lefty, this Srixon club may be THE ONE, next season. F8 vs z785, F8 just did not feel and sound as great. F8 seemed about a tad shorter too as there were targets on the range where the demo day was held. I hit a couple good shots with the F8 and pulled a couple. I was going to try all of the other big OEM offerings too but after demoing the z785, I told myself and my other 2 buddies there, there's no reason for me to try anything else. I had to tell myself to not impulse buy and with that said, after 4 days, for lack of better words, I'm still sprung on this driver. Full disclosure though, I do prefer the sound and feel of carbon/composite drivers vs. their metallic counterparts.

After a few rounds with the 785 with the stock HC Black 65g it is waaaaay to light for me, ball striking is very inconsistent . So I emailed srixon about changing to the 75g HC black and they said just mail it in they will swap out the shafts for me. Awesome customer service, I also added a bunch of cotton balls to the head to try dampen the sound and maybe add a tiny bit of weight. The sound changed from that just slightly metallic sound to a solid crack/thud (when hit out of the center).