Srixon's new Z785 driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Took the 785 and the G400 to the range today.. G400 has the HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 and my 785 has the HZRDUS black 62 6.0. I expected more out of the 785 but the G400 just blew it out of the water. I was bummed too. I really love the look of the 785 at address and it feels great when nutted... but so does the G400 and it was carrying further, flying higher and mis hits were staying closer to my target line. I would like to try the 785 with the HZRDUS red maybe and see if that helps at all. Hitting it indoors has been killing me lately.... The ones I hit well there have not been translating to the outdoors.

Also, I cut the shaft down to play at 45" and I was hitting just about every ball out of the middle with the 785 today, but flights and results were kind of all over the place...

I may spend the money to get a Srixon adapter for a HZRDUS yellow 5.5 I have and give it another shot with that shaft.

Why would you go with a yellow 5.5 and not the same 76g 6.0 you have in the G400?

Only because I have the 5.5 just sitting here. Im going to tip it a little before installing the adapter to try and get it a little tighter... not sure it will matter but ill try... I was hitting center repeatedly and results were meh.

Makes sense. Sounds like the G400 combo is going to be hard to beat for you.

Also the 785 seems to be a bit lower launch, the softer shaft may help a tad... thats my thought process anyway. The driver looks and feels great, I obviously need to dial it in a bit better. What shaft are you using in yours?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the 785 and the G400 to the range today.. G400 has the HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 and my 785 has the HZRDUS black 62 6.0. I expected more out of the 785 but the G400 just blew it out of the water. I was bummed too. I really love the look of the 785 at address and it feels great when nutted... but so does the G400 and it was carrying further, flying higher and mis hits were staying closer to my target line. I would like to try the 785 with the HZRDUS red maybe and see if that helps at all. Hitting it indoors has been killing me lately.... The ones I hit well there have not been translating to the outdoors.

Also, I cut the shaft down to play at 45" and I was hitting just about every ball out of the middle with the 785 today, but flights and results were kind of all over the place...

I may spend the money to get a Srixon adapter for a HZRDUS yellow 5.5 I have and give it another shot with that shaft.

Why would you go with a yellow 5.5 and not the same 76g 6.0 you have in the G400?

Only because I have the 5.5 just sitting here. Im going to tip it a little before installing the adapter to try and get it a little tighter... not sure it will matter but ill try... I was hitting center repeatedly and results were meh.

Makes sense. Sounds like the G400 combo is going to be hard to beat for you.

Also the 785 seems to be a bit lower launch, the softer shaft may help a tad... thats my thought process anyway. The driver looks and feels great, I obviously need to dial it in a bit better. What shaft are you using in yours?

I went with the stock hzrdus black and so far its been pretty good. But I been playing the hzrdus shafts in either red or black most of this year and they seem to work well.

May have been asked before, but is the 785 adaptor the same as the 765 adaptor?

Srixon told me the 765 and 785 are the same, its the 745 that is different. I do know that I could not get the screw from the 85 into the 45 adapters I have. I just ordered an adapter off ebay that is supposedly for the 65 so I will get back on this...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Hope it does well for you but if not sounds like you have some solid ground to fall back on with the G400. My fall back is the Epic which to me is one of the best feeling and performing drivers ever.

Not to derail, but I heard the Epic feels 'hard' off the face? Is this true? I hit the Z785 and it felt pretty soft off the face (which I love), it just spun too much for me on the LM that day (even with the HZRDUS Black I was averaging around 3000). Everything was going way right for me, which is weird, so perhaps I was delivering too much loft and need to test further.

Straight right, or slicing right? With that much spin it could be possible you are coming outside to in causing the spin? For me, and others it seems, this driver wants to go left. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the weight placement being closer to the heel?? I'm going to hit mine some more tomorrow and see if I can get it straightened out a bit. I found the Epic to feel ok, but the Rogue felt much harder to me... going to be different for everyone but I will agree the 785 feels much better than both.

Unless you are left handed... LOL

Lol. I'm righty :)

Everything was starting right. I must've been leaving the face open because all the side angles were > 4.5* right. Not 1 started left, even with my gamer, same deal. I played 9 yesterday and everything was straight with a slight draw besides 1 mishit that leaked slightly right, but not nearly the 30 yards I was seeing on the monitor.

Either way, the Srixon felt amazing off the face and brought my back to my demo with the LTD Pro. It was very similar feeling to that club, which is still the softest feeling Driver I've ever swung. I wish I would've lofted down to see how my spin would've changed. Immediately after lofting down to 8* and switching the weight in the Sub Zero to forward my ball speed went up and spin came down. But even still, my average spin with the Z785 was 3000 RPM.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Srixon told me the 765 and 785 are the same, its the 745 that is different. I do know that I could not get the screw from the 85 into the 45 adapters I have. I just ordered an adapter off ebay that is supposedly for the 65 so I will get back on this...

I've been able to use the same shafts/adapters with both my 545 head and 565 head. Are the 5 series different than the 7's?

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

I've been able to use the same shafts/adapters with both my 545 head and 565 head. Are the 5 series different than the 7's?

I wouldnt think so. Maybe i was given incorrect info from some random dude at Srixon. I really think its just the screw thats different but ill try and confirm in a couple days.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Does anyone else notice a whistle sound when giving the club like a quarter swing waggle type motion? Obviously not hitting a ball with it but if I give a quick 1/8 1/4 swing, there's a definite whistle noise from the club head

Thoughts?

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

I have noticed that when doing some living room golf. I have not heard it outside playing golf though. I guess it doesn’t really bother me.

Yeah it's not something I really hear on fill swings so I'm not worried. Just wanted to make sure something was broken with it.

Are you still testing the driver? Did you get it against the TS2 OR 3?

I debating whether or not I hit it and test it against my M3 or just return it or sell it before I make it "used.". Both shafts are PO 70Tx. This sits way more square than my M3. Both lofts dropped a degree.

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Hit the 785 this tuesday (10.5) and really really liked it and got good numbers with it. In Sweden, for some strange reason, the standard shaft is the Miyazaki Mahana...so started with that one in 60-ish grams and stiff. Liked the impact feel but the shaft felt like a noodle. They only had the HZRDUS red as an alternative so popped the 6.0 in and wow, what a great combination of stability and feel. LOVED it! Good ball speed and launch and managed to get my avg spin down to 2000 RPMs which for me is like a gift from Santa. Will go through a full fitting next spring when they get in the black shaft.

The only thing that bothers me is the difference in shafts between the EU and the USA. Besides Mahana being the standard shaft in everything it¨s impossible to get the HZRDUS HC black in 60 grams in the driver, the only HC available is the 75 gram version. And the 7x gram version of the RED is not available. I was thinking black 65 in the driver and 75 red in the FW3... but it seems it will only be possible to get the Yellow or the Black in 75 grams for the F85. A shame really, where the red could add some launch. I could always go 65 RED but really like the feeling of a slightly heavier shaft in the fairway 3 vs the driver.

Also, the F85 kicks some serious as with the F65 in terms of head shape and playability IMO. Really really liked it despite hitting it with the noodle Mahana.

I have noticed that when doing some living room golf. I have not heard it outside playing golf though. I guess it doesn’t really bother me.

Yeah it's not something I really hear on fill swings so I'm not worried. Just wanted to make sure something was broken with it.

I debating whether or not I hit it and test it against my M3 or just return it or sell it before I make it "used.". Both shafts are PO 70Tx. This sits way more square than my M3. Both lofts dropped a degree.

I'm pretty sure I'm all in with the 785 now that I've had it some time and been able to hit it a good amount. For me, the 785 just feels like the better driver compared to the TS2. Longer, feels and looks better and I find it more forgiving. I need to stop reading the TS2 thread, lol.

I'm pretty sure I'm all in with the 785 now that I've had it some time and been able to hit it a good amount. For me, the 785 just feels like the better driver compared to the TS2. Longer, feels and looks better and I find it more forgiving. I need to stop reading the TS2 thread, lol.

I think I'm leaving both TS and Z785 threads for F9...lol

I have noticed that when doing some living room golf. I have not heard it outside playing golf though. I guess it doesn't really bother me.

Stop! lol. I might have to go hit it?

What is the difference between the Miyazaki Mahana and the Kaula? I have 3 rounds in now with the 785, 9.5, with the Kaula - Stiff. At the moment, fairly inconsistent, although during the 2nd round, I hit a couple of drives that were significantly longer than what I would have expected under the same conditions with my 917 D2 (9.5) with Mitsubishi Red (50g) Stiff.

Do like the sound, feel, and look of the 785 so I will continue to play with it for now. As I live in northern VA, were are kind of beginning our "winter" golf season, though we had 2 days this week in the 70's.

May have to set loft a little higher as overall, I am seeing a slightly lower trajectory with the 785 over the 917. I have not played around with the Quick Tune hosel adjustment yet, Is it only adjustable in 1 deg. increments? Looks like there are 2 additional "marks" between the Std setting of 9.5 and the +1 deg setting to 10.5.

Thanks for any input.

Bruce

I'm starting to think I was hitting the 785 low in the face, which may have caused my high spin numbers with it. I would like to test it again, but this time with the Pro Orange. I've heard so much about that shaft I'm basically dreaming about it lol. I've never swung a counterbalanced shaft, but I can't see the harm in trying it! Especially considering the "Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Thread" has almost every tester gaining ball speed with it.

I have noticed that when doing some living room golf. I have not heard it outside playing golf though. I guess it doesn't really bother me.

Stop! lol. I might have to go hit it?

I'm dying to hit the F9.....have you seen the mini-reviews on YouTube?

Just a heads up.... I got my Srixon adapter off ebay today to try on another shaft and it DOES fit the 785. It was listed as a 565/765 adapter. I think the female end on the adapter of the 45 series is smaller. I have installed it and its ready to hit, just need to get it outside. Here is the one I bought in case anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Srixon-OEM-QUALITY-2017-Z765-Z565-Driver-F65-FW-335-Adapter/272733664408?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Does anyone else notice a whistle sound when giving the club like a quarter swing waggle type motion? Obviously not hitting a ball with it but if I give a quick 1/8 1/4 swing, there's a definite whistle noise from the club head

Thoughts?

I have noticed that on slower practice swings while getting ready to tee off.

Took me several times to believe it was the club.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

Thoughts?

I have noticed that on slower practice swings while getting ready to tee off.

Took me several times to believe it was the club.

I noticed something similar during testing when I really went at it. Wasn't sure what the noise was but Trackman confirmed it was the clubhead breaking the sound barrier.

Sadly, I returned mine today. I tried it with another shaft and I just couldn't get the feel for it, or the outdoor results I was looking for. I was really hoping to make this one work but it was pretty clear to me that my G400 is just a better fit overall, for me. I do believe it is the best looking driver out right now, without question. I may revisit it down the road with another shaft, but for now, I gotta stick with what works. Hope you all find better luck!

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Sadly, I returned mine today. I tried it with another shaft and I just couldn't get the feel for it, or the outdoor results I was looking for. I was really hoping to make this one work but it was pretty clear to me that my G400 is just a better fit overall, for me. I do believe it is the best looking driver out right now, without question. I may revisit it down the road with another shaft, but for now, I gotta stick with what works. Hope you all find better luck!

Great, honest post! I totally agree that it's the best looking Driver out right now by far. I'm coming from an older (2006) model Driver with a much more squished head and a lot of the new Drivers are just huge. The Z785 is a great shape and size and the carbon crown looks amazing.

Same here not sure why exactly it didn’t work back to the G400 max but a great driver feels awesome looks great just not beating out my ping

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

This driver is going on the chopping block this Friday. Getting a fitting to see how well the combo works for me and if anything else from 2018 can dethrone it. All I know is it was miles better than my M2. Maybe on perfect strikes the M2 could keep up, but over the course of say 100 shots, the 785 would be longer on average I think due to a higher forgiveness.

Just wish the F9 was out for demo. I love my F8 3w... Not sure I see that thing going anywhere.

Just put a Srixon tip on my Xtorsion Black Mamba...785 head with that shaft looks mean!

Did anybody get the 785 with the Atmos Black? I have one lying around and debating on putting a Srixon tip on it or a Ping tip...

I have the F85 with Atmos Black 8TX and it’s filthy. Really makes me want to put a 7TX in the driver. Have a Speeder Evo IV in it now that’s putting it out there though