2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

Everybody waiting for invitations to CJs wedding like

So is my family! Lots of disappointment there.

I think everyone should meet me at the golf courses out there. She won't know who I'm playing with. First official overseas Hive event!

you never heard about Eagle/Fabb and the Bangkok two-ball?

I didn't know Eagle and Fabb talked Thai.

2a9ebfb3-f8d3-4182-9395-3794beb666a6_text_hi.gif

Called a great audible. Light rain on and off playing Old Macdonald this morning turned into legit rain and wind for about the last 4-5 holes. We were able to swap the afternoon round at Bandon Dunes today and the afternoon round at The Preserve tomorrow. So we got poured on and blown around on The Preserve today, and will have clear weather for Bandon Dunes tomorrow.

This has been pure bliss. Absolutely unreal place.

This has been pure bliss. Absolutely unreal place.

giphy.gif

When Fabb is waking up at 4am PST, it’s not only because he went to bed at 7pm.

It’s also because he’s got morning wood for the golf to come.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Fabb is golfing his ball! Need to start slotting some money away to get out there and play. Sounds amazing.

Got out to play Bulle Rock today. Got off the tee with some consistency which always ups my enjoyment of the round. Course is in EXCELLENT condition compared to a lot of the dc/Frederick/Baltimore courses I frequent. Greens were SLICK. I recommend getting out there for anyone in the area who hasn’t played there in a while!

Fabb is golfing his ball! Need to start slotting some money away to get out there and play. Sounds amazing.

Got out to play Bulle Rock today. Got off the tee with some consistency which always ups my enjoyment of the round. Course is in EXCELLENT condition compared to a lot of the dc/Frederick/Baltimore courses I frequent. Greens were SLICK. I recommend getting out there for anyone in the area who hasn’t played there in a while!

I live about 20 min. away need to get there soon.

Spent the morning installing a Blink security camera on the outside of our place. Between mounting the camera, getting it connected to wifi and getting the app set up - not even an hour. Neighborhood has had a rash of unlocked cars being riffled through. Never had anyone actually breakout a window but we are hoping to eventually catch them. Couple neighbors went with Ring doorbells and the like but we wanted a cheaper option with no monthly fees. We'll see how it goes but initial tests have been pretty good.

Stopped trying to hit balls or work my way back into swinging. Talked to Chief last night and had noticed that I am starting to finish my swing rolled onto my left toes - which...is completely F'd up, never done that before. Has to be a subconscious way of not finishing by rolling onto my left heal. Going to take the next couple days and just do nothing before trying to play on Monday.

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend, weather has been A+ so far.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

It always amazes me the people leave their car doors unlocked, never mind the real fools who leave their keys in the car on top of that. In my town, about 99% of cars stolen, or stuff stolen from cars, is because it's unlocked. There are next to no broken windows or violent thefts. The lone exception is that someone did get their car jacked from their driveway this year.

Was able to play Algonkian this morning. Was not in bad shape at all. Their Bermuda grass came back after it was basically a black mud pit a few months ago. The course was really soft but it was not really wet out there. I shot a 90 with five pars on the front. I topped four iron shots and missed a couple four foot putts. Could have easily been way lower. That’s alright though, still hit it pretty well. I’ve been really focusing on keeping my left wrist straighter and flatter on my drives. It’s created a super straight ball flight with my miss being a bit of a hook. It is still a bit of a wonky ball flight at times, but it beats having a giant banana ball off the tee. Making progress though.

It was another unbelievable day out here. We replayed Pacific Dunes in the morning, and then finished the trip with Bandon Dunes in the afternoon. The weather was aces.

I had big expectations for this trip, and it has just absolutely smashed them all.

I will definitely get pictures together and recap sometime this coming week.

I ran in to THDC at Blue Mash today. I was going out to practice, and he was there with his family going out to play 9. He's a lot nicer to me when his wife is in close enough proximity to hear him.

I was there playing the Wootton High School charity thing earlier in the morning.

Somebody shot a 49!!

With a lot of mulligans and other help of course.

^^I thought that was a 9 hole score, lol.

I missed out on WM with Dom, PQ and CJ yesterday due to some unfortunate timing. Still sad about it. However, once my dad duties were fulfilled, I headed off to Blue Mash for a practice day. Met up with Top.H and we had a good range and short game session. There’s an Obee thread about a basic 20ft pitch, and what your conversion rate would be. If you’re looking for a short game drill, it’s a very easy one to implement, and a good one to practice. There’s a comment in that thread about mastering the simple... I totally agree with that. Nothing more frustrating than double chunking a short shot from greenside in reg.

Even better: it doesn’t take some other-worldly swingspeed or skill to become better. Technique, practice and belief and you will improve your game and your scores.

Enjoy playing today guys. I hope DC’s ankle doesn’t explode.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Any Federales wanna play today? Wasn't sure I was going to be able to play but looks like I may.

I was going to play with Q today, but I haven't been feeling well. Missed work last week and pulled out of paddling with wife yesterday, so couldn't really pull it off today.

Managed to play Saturday. I wouldn't have played if it was just a regular round, but I was signed up for an event at the club and wasn't pulling out last minute and letting down the team/organizers.

6 man team (we actually only had 5). Scramble front. "1 low gross/1 low net" on the back. I was the embodiment of the adage, "beware the sick golfer". Smashed it around nicely on the front in the scramble as the team went -5, then I was "the rock" on the back with 8 pars and a birdie. Meanwhile, one of our 11-cappers threw in 3 birdies and the other 11 had 1 birdie. We got one more bird from our blind draw to shoot -11 for that side. When we came in at -10 (before the blind draw), I thought that was going to be 2-3 better than anyone else because I thought we played great and made almost everything we looked at. No bogies. Turns out 2More's team was at -10. The blind draw we got moved us a stroke ahead of his team, winning the back for the team (and a big old Abe for me from 2More). On the 10th hole, I hit my first putt 8 feet past and '11' hit his about 5 feet past. We both made the come-backers and that was huge. We had 2 natural birdies on 11, then 2 more naturals on 12. Bam.

Our 11 capper who had the 3 birds was so game-faced. I've played with him a lot and he can really play but just has too many loose shots. But he was locked in. After a few holes, he was reading putts for the group and putting anchor in the scramble. We were riding together and really building each other up the whole day. Lots of fun.

Course was soaked, as usual. It just feels like since April, I've literally played 95% of rounds with plugging and/or negative roll. Looks like we might get dumped on later this week too. Hopefully not.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Playing Pikewood is more about the walk then just the course. You have to walk and it is a bear even if you walk regularly. The holes are up and down on the front 9 and a little easier on the back but still up and down. The walk from 6th green to the 8th green goes uphill all the way 70 stories no sh!T. I was hurting pretty good after that walk. The tee boxes are a mix of a lot of yardages. So the card does not tell the story. All yardages were shot with my rangefinder. My caddy was very good.

#1 426yds downhill bogey

#2 397yds uphill bogey

#3 228yds first par downhill 3 wood 60' two putt

#4 458yds uphill just out of reach in two shots bogey

#5 163 6i to 8' first and only birdie

#6 370yds uphill bogey Very nice three tier green

#7 583 uphill Doulebogey just short on the 3rd shot after Dr,3 wood, 3 wood chip on downhill 3 putt

#8 550 uphill par 5 3 good shots and 2putt Audacity was the name of this hole and it surely fit. Long left to right turning hole

* I was almost dead after walking up 7 & 8. That is a 70 story climb over two par5's uphill.

#9 500 downhill par 4 with water in front Hit driver, 3w on the front right fringe/faux green. Bad chip,chip again two putt bogey

Feeling pretty good about 42 so far. More to come on the back 9. I was tired but the caddie said the back was easier to walk, that was a Ha Ha Calves are tight, legs are tight. We take a 20 min break and start the back 9.

Man oh man. Yesterday was a fun day at Worthington with Dom, PQ, and 827. I felt like it was my first time picking up a golf club as I had no idea where the ball was going. Pretty sure I just lost another ball typing up this post. I walked with Dom while PQ and 827 carted it up. I hadn't played a round with the other guys yet, so it was good to get out there with them. PQ hits it with bad intentions. Dom has the smoothest, most effortless looking swing. He was throwing darts out there. The ball definitely sounds different when they hit the ball. 827 was smoking some tee shots out there. He was getting off the tee really well. I had a good 3 hole stretch on 15-17, but that was about it.

Golf is such a four letter word and can be so discouraging at times. I go from a 90 on Saturday to shooting 108 Sunday. That's mad skillz there.

#ELohEL

Got an email about a Member-for-a-Day Tee Time Special. Let me know if anyone wants to come play Woodmore Country Club on Sunday October 21 for $50. Tee times TBD, likely mid-morning, I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Open spots to anyone who is interested. I need to confirm my count by Sunday so let me know sooner rather than later. If there is a cap on how many can come, I don't know of it, but I will say first-come, first served.

A portion of the $50 goes to teeitupforthetroops.org as a charitable donation.

Note: the Redskins play the Cowboys at 4:30 at FedEx Field. We should be long gone by the time traffic starts to heat up.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

tee times for woodmore cc confirmed: starting at 9am. let me know, i've got invites out to a few DCGT guys as well. worlds will be colliding, in a non-capitol cup kinda way.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Apparently Eagle and I are the only ones not playing golf today.

Sorry to disappoint, but I was working today. Just finished the route.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith