2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one I saw looked like a MD2 Tour with The holes like the MD4's. weight plugs were not colored, same color as the wedge. Very clean looking.

I hope this is what's coming out and wasn't a Prototype

this one? It's the MD Forged

We have those in Japan already on the market.

Those are so fresh and clean!!!

This price creep reminds me of when Starbucks came on the scene and all the mom and pop coffee stores were selling $.5 cups of coffee. They all immediately said "what" we can get $1.95??? OK got ya. I think the PXG effect is in full force. See what the market will bear. Also, it's the easiest way on earth for a CEO to claim 10% sales gains. Just up the price and blame material suppliers etc. Happens in my industry on average 4 times a year.

This is going to be a tough wait! Was ready to pull the trigger on some new irons, but may have to hold out for some more details on the Apex Pros. I can honestly see myself going with a full bag of Callaway equipment next season.

I saw and hit the Apex and Apex Pro yesterday. They look and feel amazing. A lot of good things coming in 2019.

-Kevin

This is going to be a tough wait! Was ready to pull the trigger on some new irons, but may have to hold out for some more details on the Apex Pros. I can honestly see myself going with a full bag of Callaway equipment next season.

I saw and hit the Apex and Apex Pro yesterday. They look and feel amazing. A lot of good things coming in 2019.

-Kevin

I heard the Apex and Apex will blend really good in a combo? Is this a true statement? Satin or Chrome? How do they compare to prior generations? How’s the top line on the Apex?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

-Kevin

I heard the Apex and Apex will blend really good in a combo? Is this a true statement? Satin or Chrome? How do they compare to prior generations? How’s the top line on the Apex?

Yes, they will be matching the specs of both models so they blend nicely. Chrome on Pro's and Satin on Regular. I like the look of these better than any of the other generations. I always went back to the 1st generation each time. The top line seems a to be very similar to other models.

-Kevin

Yes, they will be matching the specs of both models so they blend nicely. Chrome on Pro's and Satin on Regular. I like the look of these better than any of the other generations. I always went back to the 1st generation each time. The top line seems a to be very similar to other models.

I never understand having different finishes, if they are going for blended sets. Hate that!

-Kevin

I heard the Apex and Apex will blend really good in a combo? Is this a true statement? Satin or Chrome? How do they compare to prior generations? How's the top line on the Apex?

I never understand having different finishes, if they are going for blended sets. Hate that!

I don't understand it either. The 2016 Apex lineup had a blended set option though that was all satin. Maybe they'll offer something similar?

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

-Kevin

Thanks for the feedback! I hate the idea of a blend a set that has two finishes!

I guess I’ll have too go standard Apex unless the Pro’s are more forgiving than the 16’s.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I don't understand it either. The 2016 Apex lineup had a blended set option though that was all satin. Maybe they'll offer something similar?

Yes, this is what is happening for the blended set. Will come as one configuration with the model break occuring where Callaway wants it, and the finish will be uniform. Just like the official blended set of 2016 Apex. Finish for the blended set is rumored to be satin, but reps not given that info as of yet.

Yes, this is what is happening for the blended set. Will come as one configuration with the model break occuring where Callaway wants it, and the finish will be uniform. Just like the official blended set of 2016 Apex. Finish for the blended set is rumored to be satin, but reps not given that info as of yet.

YES!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

i like how people get upset about clubs they've never seen a retail version of that may or may not actually be to their liking but decided ahead of time if they're interested or not.

I like how on every pre-release thread, someone comes in and mocks everyone for making judgement on the aesthetics of clubs.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

i like how people get upset about clubs they've never seen a retail version of that may or may not actually be to their liking but decided ahead of time if they're interested or not.

I like how on every pre-release thread, someone comes in and mocks everyone for making judgement on the aesthetics of clubs.

Sometimes when I’m bored at home, I like to go into my backyard and cover myself in dirt and pretend that I'm a carrot.

Sometimes when I'm bored at home, I like to go into my backyard and cover myself in dirt and pretend that I'm a carrot.

lol da fuq

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

Sir, we are going to have to ask you to turn in your WRX card. ;)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

would that be presumed aesthetics of clubs?

Sometimes when I'm bored at home, I like to go into my backyard and cover myself in dirt and pretend that I'm a carrot.

lol da fuq

Hahaha this made me legit laugh out loud. :loud noises!!!:

Forever Changing at this point.......

would that be presumed aesthetics of clubs?

There are examples out there. Xander's irons being the most talked about. It has been confirmed by those that have actually seen them.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

-Kevin

I don't understand not offering both. Satin should always be an option.

I wonder if Phil will have the driver in play against Tiger

Or two drivers?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I wonder if Phil will have the driver in play against Tiger

He will i'm sure, everyone will see pics sooner than that though.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO