2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

CS and CSx should stay the same this year, as it just was updated for 2018. Supersoft will be updated, and have another Supersoft model added, bringing back older tech from TopFlite days. New urethane model will be launched in between the ChromeSofts and Supersofts targeted at the AVX market. I'm hitting it now. Still early to judge, but it is promising!...for my game at least.

That could be 'huge'

I take it you've seen it as well? ;)

TopFlite Magna....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want is for either Callaway or Adidas to bring those dual branded Callaway/Adidas hats that Xander and Sergio wear to retail. I absolutely need one of those.

Also interested to see what they do with the ball. I have been a huge Callaway guy for years, using 14 clubs almost for the last 5 exclusively, but I absolutely HATE the CS and CSx. This coming from someone who used the Supersoft for 3 years and the SR balls before that. For me, the CS is terrible. I keep buying some and trying to like them and the more I play them, the more I hate them. Now the TP5X, that's a different story.

CS and CSx should stay the same this year, as it just was updated for 2018. Supersoft will be updated, and have another Supersoft model added, bringing back older tech from TopFlite days. New urethane model will be launched in between the ChromeSofts and Supersofts targeted at the AVX market. I'm hitting it now. Still early to judge, but it is promising!...for my game at least.

Yellow ball option ? Matte finish ?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

All I want is for either Callaway or Adidas to bring those dual branded Callaway/Adidas hats that Xander and Sergio wear to retail. I absolutely need one of those.

Also interested to see what they do with the ball. I have been a huge Callaway guy for years, using 14 clubs almost for the last 5 exclusively, but I absolutely HATE the CS and CSx. This coming from someone who used the Supersoft for 3 years and the SR balls before that. For me, the CS is terrible. I keep buying some and trying to like them and the more I play them, the more I hate them. Now the TP5X, that's a different story.

Don't know if the new urethane ball will be offered other than white. I haven't seen that, but then again when I was shown/given the samples for me to try out, the packaging was still blank white non-retail.

Matte yellow, green, red and orange (I think) Supersoft balls will be available.

Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link

I think I read somewhere on this thread that the fairway woods will have an adjustable loft sleeve. Will it use the same adapter that they have been using the past few years or did they create a lower weight version? In short, will I be able to install the shaft I have in my epic 3w in the new fairway wood head?

This is going to be a tough wait! Was ready to pull the trigger on aome new irons, but may have to hold out for some more details on the Apex Pros. I can honestly see myself going with a full bag of Callaway equipment next season.

You and I both man!

May want to wait for TM release...

New Bag in the making...

don't know if a price has been posted yet. Just found out the Epic Flash will be $529.99 at your local retail store.

A slow and steady climb in price. If they have some decent no charge shaft options, it may not be so bad. I thought the shaft selection for the initial Epic was meh. Offer the D+ LTD at no charge and I know I'll be able to make that work. As long as they keep that profile in their offerings I'm potentially a buyer.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I really liked the original Apex and Apex Pro. Also liked the Apex CF16. Didn't like the Apex Pro 16, so my current set is a blend of Apex CF16 (5-8) and original Apex Pro (9-Gap). I sure hope the new Apex line is good--my grooves are wearing out.

Ping G430 Max 10k Driver | 10.5° set to 9.5° (Flat -1.0°) | autoFlex 505
Callaway Epic Speed | 16.5° | Ventus Red

Callaway Epic Max | 20° | Graphite Design Tour AD DJ
Ping G430 3H | 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-75

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4 | 21° Diamana Thump

Titleist T150 | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i80cw

Callaway Rogue ST Pro | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw
Callaway Jaws MD5 | 50° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Callaway Jaws Full Toe Raw Black | 54° & 58° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Bettinardi BB8 Tri Carbon Candy  | Stability Graphite or TaylorMade Spider X Chalk  | Stability Tour

don't know if a price has been posted yet. Just found out the Epic Flash will be $529.99 at your local retail store.

Can't say I'm surprised by this. Kind of expected the Titleist TS to be there to be honest.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

This is going to be a tough wait! Was ready to pull the trigger on aome new irons, but may have to hold out for some more details on the Apex Pros. I can honestly see myself going with a full bag of Callaway equipment next season.

You and I both man!

Oh ya! Good point. Travis Mathew has been putting out some great stuff lately. I like their stuff much better than the Callaway apparel.

It’s has a deeper shorter look to it vs rogue. And an alignment mark on the crown similar to m1 etc. it’s all black but has a pronounced line where the crown materials meet. The rep said pros feedback said that was a fav aspect of TM woods. The color break on top cor alignment. And back to epic green graphics on sole. Sliding weighs in the regular head. Didn’t see the bottom of the subzero.

So is this thing going to be two toned on top? Or just a line separating the carbon and titanium. I can dig a black titanium, black carbon, separated by a slim line of some other color.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I haven’t been this excited for a new release since the good old days of Nike clubs

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I thought it was going to be a lot more actually. Golf clubs are on the rise once again ...

I wonder if the PXG effect is driving it, or if it just the natural progression of things. In my mind, if they are charging $100 more than they used to, they need to step up the stock shafts. The T800 and Rogue MAX options weren't up to snuff in my eyes. Haven't hit the Smoke, but the fact that it showed up on the scene as a stock shaft first and foremost makes me think it was designed to be cost effective more so than performance driven. Will give it a shot though. I've read some good reviews on the EF T1100, hoping that and the D+ LTD are options.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I think I read somewhere on this thread that the fairway woods will have an adjustable loft sleeve. Will it use the same adapter that they have been using the past few years or did they create a lower weight version? In short, will I be able to install the shaft I have in my epic 3w in the new fairway wood head?

Can anyone confirm this

Can anyone confirm this

It will have a different lower profile lighter adapter. I don’t believe old adapters will work in the new fairways.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Can anyone confirm this

It will have a different lower profile lighter adapter. I don’t believe old adapters will work in the new fairways.

I have heard the same thing.

Can anyone confirm this

They will not work.

Can anyone confirm this

They will not work.

Rat farts!

You and I both man!

Oh ya! Good point. Travis Mathew has been putting out some great stuff lately. I like their stuff much better than the Callaway apparel.

Not sure if it was an intended part of the joke or not but Travis Mathews is owned by Callaway.

You and I both man!

Not sure if it was an intended part of the joke or not but Travis Mathews is owned by Callaway.

Haha, yes it was intended. But I was only half joking. Travis Mathew makes some great apparel and I’ve slowly been swapping out most of my golf shirts with their product.

$529.00 Another little price creep, really makes you stop and think of how the prices have drifted up in the past few years. I wish the performance gains were more tangible then just the usual marketing hype. But we keep digging in our pockets for those extra yards and fairways that seem to allude many of us.

I am curious what it will be in CAD. The upper limit for drivers right now is the TS2/3 at 659$ (to be fair many other drivers are 649)

Maybe this will crack the 700$ barrier.

It's a pretty steep price for a driver if so....

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique