2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told last week the adapter is the same on the driver and is back on the fairway woods.

Driver shafts will fit new Epic but old fairway shafts will not fit the new fairway. They have changed the adapter slightly on the new shafts (smaller and lighter), but the driver head will still accommodate the old shafts.

From what has been posted on here recently, looks like it will be an Epic Flash SZ head to pair with the PO, and either a new Stroke Lab #7, or a new Toulon Garage putter for 2019, rest is good to go.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

my gift cards to callaway I've been saving up may be in trouble... just bought a dang rogue head too...

Local pro just said prices on rogue would be falling 200$ this month. Looks like ping just did too. Sounds like too much inventory everywhere.

Haha. Nice to see you’re living up to your screenname. And price drops have more to with product cycles than inventory.

my gift cards to callaway I've been saving up may be in trouble... just bought a dang rogue head too...

Local pro just said prices on rogue would be falling 200$ this month. Looks like ping just did too. Sounds like too much inventory everywhere.

Haha. Nice to see you’re living up to your screenname. And price drops have more to with product cycles than inventory.

I would disagree. If as a business you forecast correctly or exceed your expectations there is no need to discount. It kills your margins and floods the market with product. Ask anyone of the golf companies if they would prefer to sell their drivers at full price the next couple months and I gaurantee they would say yes. Car market is the same way, they are sitting on excess inventory. New cycle coming up so they reduce prices.

New Bag in the making...

I am hearing $100/$50 decrease for driver/fw respectively. $200 would be insane. Rogue still running another year in cycle. Like Ping G400, dropping now, but running for close to another year.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I would disagree. If as a business you forecast correctly or exceed your expectations there is no need to discount. It kills your margins and floods the market with product. Ask anyone of the golf companies if they would prefer to sell their drivers at full price the next couple months and I gaurantee they would say yes. Car market is the same way, they are sitting on excess inventory. New cycle coming up so they reduce prices.

The idea that any company in any industry is going to be able to perfectly forecast is a pipe dream. That being said, I’m sure retailers would rather sell Ping and Callaway drivers at a discount from MSRP rather than the way TaylorMade has done things in the past where shops have to box up and ship back loads of unsold TaylorMade drivers for a slight discount on next year’s club. I bet your local pro didn’t mention that side of things. And just to be clear, I’m not arguing for or against either way of doing things, but if you’re going to throw shade one way you might want to make sure your side is in the sun.

I've got enough money in my PayPal account to buy either a new shaft for my g400 ( tensei and the like) or sell the g400 and have plenty for the new Callaway driver. It's burning a hole in my pocket. I just want to see a picture of this thing to give me some motivation to not spend this money. Wonder when the embargo will be lifted. It's typically around the new year when they start letting info out on their new line ups isn't it?

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I've got enough money in my PayPal account to buy either a new shaft for my g400 ( tensei and the like) or sell the g400 and have plenty for the new Callaway driver. It's burning a hole in my pocket. I just want to see a picture of this thing to give me some motivation to not spend this money. Wonder when the embargo will be lifted. It's typically around the new year when they start letting info out on their new line ups isn't it?

I’m sure we will see it show up on tour very soon...

The idea that any company in any industry is going to be able to perfectly forecast is a pipe dream. That being said, I’m sure retailers would rather sell Ping and Callaway drivers at a discount from MSRP rather than the way TaylorMade has done things in the past where shops have to box up and ship back loads of unsold TaylorMade drivers for a slight discount on next year’s club. I bet your local pro didn’t mention that side of things. And just to be clear, I’m not arguing for or against either way of doing things, but if you’re going to throw shade one way you might want to make sure your side is in the sun.

Our pro has had very little in TM at the end of the year and the past few years actually, but he has had a hard time with other companies and their returns that have sat on the floor. I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised with TM. Generally speaking they have had TrackMan at every event I have been to where others have not had a launch monitor and tried to sell me on oohs and awwws.

New Bag in the making...

The color and design are subpar. Nothing great at all. Definitely performs better than Rogue. Saw the entire epic flash line and its ok. didnt convince me to wait and buy them. I went with the G400 line for my woods.

TMLuv - any rep who does a demo day and doesn't have a legit LM like Trackman or flightscope is wasting peoples time. Days of selling on oooohs and ahhhhhs are gone.

MattJ - Did you hit the lineup?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

The color and design are subpar. Nothing great at all. Definitely performs better than Rogue. Saw the entire epic flash line and its ok. didnt convince me to wait and buy them. I went with the G400 line for my woods.

Thanks for the input. Not too concerned about the color scheme personally. Wasn't a fan of the Epic green, but the club performed. I'm more interested in how it sits in relation to the Rogue. If it looks like the regular Epic did behind the ball and performed like the SZ did, I'm sold.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

TMLuv - any rep who does a demo day and doesn't have a legit LM like Trackman or flightscope is wasting peoples time. Days of selling on oooohs and ahhhhhs are gone.

MattJ - Did you hit the lineup?

Every OEM (we host every major one during the season) brought Trackman to their events. Most also bring their own premium balls, though they don't let you go nuts on those, usually just for 5-10 swings if they think you're serious.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Did you hit all of the new Cally products?

Hit all of the new products, including the Apex irons and MD Grind Wedges. To me, the EPic Flash performed slightly better than the Rogue. We used Trackman. I didnt like the sound at all. At address it looked and sounded like the FT-3 driver. Round and loud. The colors seemed cartoonish to me. Was strange. The irons were solid. Just didnt like that they only come in a chrome and black finish and no satin finish. Obviously, you can satin them yourself. Their version of AVX is ok as well. Has its own patented lines on the ball for alignment. They claimed it was 5 yards longer than AVX. Stroke Lab putters to me seem like a miss by Odyssey. Feels like a rushed product and claim their patented shafts increase feel which i didnt notice a huge difference. Also, interesting tidbit about Odyssey, supposedly they wanted to put their name all over the grip on the stock superstroke that would come on the putter but Superstroke didnt want that. Soooo Odyssey created their own grip for the new stroke lab putters, this of course is coming from the Callaway rep. Maybe someone from Superstroke could comment???

Hit all of the new products, including the Apex irons and MD Grind Wedges. To me, the EPic Flash performed slightly better than the Rogue. We used Trackman. I didnt like the sound at all. At address it looked and sounded like the FT-3 driver. Round and loud. The colors seemed cartoonish to me. Was strange. The irons were solid. Just didnt like that they only come in a chrome and black finish and no satin finish. Obviously, you can satin them yourself. Their version of AVX is ok as well. Has its own patented lines on the ball for alignment. They claimed it was 5 yards longer than AVX. Stroke Lab putters to me seem like a miss by Odyssey. Feels like a rushed product and claim their patented shafts increase feel which i didnt notice a huge difference. Also, interesting tidbit about Odyssey, supposedly they wanted to put their name all over the grip on the stock superstroke that would come on the putter but Superstroke didnt want that. Soooo Odyssey created their own grip for the new stroke lab putters, this of course is coming from the Callaway rep. Maybe someone from Superstroke could comment???

Shape of the FT-3 you say? Sounds like a plus in my book.

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Shape of the FT-3 you say? Sounds like a plus in my book.

Just an FYI .... I was told that as well.

Got to see all the new clubs. The tungsten location on the new irons and the epic flash face technology stood out to me. The new mack daddys have a cool milling that lines up square when the face is open. And the new neck options on the odyssey putters is another plus for Callaway this year ! New ball with some new alignment aids is suppose to challenge the Titleist Avx with the price being slightly lower than the AVX. Should be a decent year for Callaway.