What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

Hello does anyone know if there is a newRogue Pro irons in 2019?

Or a new Apex combo set?

Thank you

I'm betting . . . (I'm not suggesting inside info) that Callaway will go to an every other year update, meaning, Epic and Apex new release comes next and Rogue approximately a year or at best late Autumn depending on sales strategy. Economic lines such as XR get peppered in depending on sell through.

Callaway Paradym 10.5 Ventus 5R - Soon PING G430Max 10K or TaylorMade Qi10 Max?
TaylorMade Stealth Tour 4 Wood Ventus - When available the Qi10 Tour 4 wood
TaylorMade Qi10 Rescue 4, 5  Ventus
TaylorMade P790 (2021) 6-9 DG95

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115
TaylorMade 50, 55, 60 DG200
TaylorMade / Balboa / Berwick
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Grom / Edge / Nexos (All new old stock)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new Rogue Pro, Apex will be available with an Apex Pro combo set.

Thank you

Any news on the date? Or any photos?

Regards

No photos, no allowed. Dates cannot recall, could be before end of year on some, but most likely around PGA show is my guess.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Hello does anyone know if there is a newRogue Pro irons in 2019?

Or a new Apex combo set?

Thank you

I'm betting . . . (I'm not suggesting inside info) that Callaway will go to an every other year update, meaning, Epic and Apex new release comes next and Rogue approximately a year or at best late Autumn depending on sales strategy. Economic lines such as XR get peppered in depending on sell through.

very well said

100%

Sorry if this post is not allowed, if not feel free to remove of course. but I did receive some inside info from a Callaway rep about the next driver coming out early 2019. The new name is Flash and is supposed to continue the jailbreak but with some computer design improvements to the face from what I understand.

also, Dunn - the Apex MB's have been out for most of 2018 I believe but I just bought a set a few weeks ago and IMO they are the sweetest feeling irons I have ever hit and maybe the sweetest and prettiest on the market right now. I have them with PX6.5 and the combo is just butter.

Saw a photo of the Epic flash yesterday. Green with some yellow highlights around it, curved weight track around the back. Apparently the face is hot.

Also discussed the upcoming release of the Apex line as well as the new PM grind (which I am hanging out for)

I was also sent a pic of the Epic Flash. Perhaps it's a step forward in terms of tech and performance, but HUGE step back in terms of looks (IMO). Just looks like a cheapened version of the Epic (only saw a pic of the sole)....I'll be interested to see how it's received once more pics come out.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

I would not be upset if someone wanted to send me a pic......

+1. I have been dying to lay my eyes on this thing. I swear I know how to keep a secret.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Saw a photo of the Epic flash yesterday. Green with some yellow highlights around it, curved weight track around the back. Apparently the face is hot.

Also discussed the upcoming release of the Apex line as well as the new PM grind (which I am hanging out for)

I was also sent a pic of the Epic Flash. Perhaps it's a step forward in terms of tech and performance, but HUGE step back in terms of looks (IMO). Just looks like a cheapened version of the Epic (only saw a pic of the sole)....I'll be interested to see how it's received once more pics come out.

You saw a picture of the sole? And your giving us HUGE step back in the look department? Who looks at the sole at address?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

You saw a picture of the sole? And your giving us HUGE step back in the look department? Who looks at the sole at address?

Ants.

Ants.

Oh, sorry, my bad!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

How does it compare to the likes of the Nike Vapor drivers and their colour schemes? That seemed to be when Nike jumped the shark for a lot of people. They were really good performing drivers, I certainly didn't mind the original volt colourway but they really made up people's minds. The reaction of online reviewers and club golfers was very divisive and the performance wasn't good enough for people to overlook the bold and brash colours.

The yellow/green does sound terrible (Cobra's new yellow effort isn't for many) so it'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

Your thoughts on the colours versus the Vapors would be appreciated. Thanks.

New Epic face is hot? How much hotter than allowable limits can they go?

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

How does it compare to the likes of the Nike Vapor drivers and their colour schemes? That seemed to be when Nike jumped the shark for a lot of people. They were really good performing drivers, I certainly didn't mind the original volt colourway but they really made up people's minds. The reaction of online reviewers and club golfers was very divisive and the performance wasn't good enough for people to overlook the bold and brash colours.

The yellow/green does sound terrible (Cobra's new yellow effort isn't for many) so it'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

There didn't seem to be much Yellow on it, just a few lines. It was more "big bird" yellow than "highlighter" yellow of the Nike Vapor.

It took me a bit by suprise. Green and Yellow are generally not the prettiest colours next to each other.

New Epic face is hot? How much hotter than allowable limits can they go?

I assume that every manufacturer is trying to make their face as close to limit as possible. Where they can all improve is keeping the ballspeed up when contact isn't right out of the screws. Obviously people with engineering degrees are all looking at computer simulations to come up with unique ways of keeping speed up all over the face, but if they can engineer a solution to make the club conformable and hotter out of the centre (ie jailbreak) they are obviously going to jump on that too.

There didn't seem to be much Yellow on it, just a few lines. It was more "big bird" yellow than "highlighter" yellow of the Nike Vapor.

It took me a bit by suprise. Green and Yellow are generally not the prettiest colours next to each other.

Must not be a Oregon Duck or Green Bay packer fan....

Not being a huge fan of Callaway's picking up the Taylormade playbook for marketing and product release, I have seen the entire new line in person and it is impressive. Apex and Apex pro are big improvements in looks dept. The Sliding weight is back in Epic Flash driver with a shorter adjustment range and the crown has a line painted on it like the seem on the crown of the Razr. *spoiler alert* Epic Flash FW have jailbreak and adjustable hosel! never saw that coming lol. The whole line really make you think what was the point of Rogue at all really.

Not being a huge fan of Callaway's picking up the Taylormade playbook for marketing and product release, I have seen the entire new line in person and it is impressive. Apex and Apex pro are big improvements in looks dept. The Sliding weight is back in Epic Flash driver with a shorter adjustment range and the crown has a line painted on it like the seem on the crown of the Razr. *spoiler alert* Epic Flash FW have jailbreak and adjustable hosel! never saw that coming lol. The whole line really make you think what was the point of Rogue at all really.

Are the regular Apex irons still cup face? if so are they cup face all the way through the set

Are the regular Apex irons still cup face? if so are they cup face all the way through the set

The drivers are supposed to be cup faced as well.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

That's interesting for sure, thanks! It will probably take a bit of getting used to.

The new BB irons and hybrids!

Very similar "V" shape in the centre of club to those of Xander Schauffele's prototypes? Obviously much thicker but perhaps every iron line will have the same basis/starting point? The slimmer prototypes look really good and for an SGI iron, apart from the offset, these look on first impressions less gimmicky than previous iterations.

Great post on the FW's

and dying for more information on the regular APEX irons when someone can

thank you

Does make you wonder about the rogue especially with the recent price drop less than a year since its release.