2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

What Does Callaway Have In Store For 2019?

When will the embargo be lifted on the new PM wedges? That is the only club I have not seen from the new line.

You aren’t missing much. They ruined the sole and other than milled face it’s same. Don’t know why you’d change the greatest sole grind ever.

The wedge, while successful, wasn't a great fit for everyone. I'm personally looking forward to the replacement as I didn't care much for the original.

Yes. I get that too but I think the answer would be a sole grind choice. Not deleting the actual pm grind. Gauranteed Phil’s wedges still have the dual grind. He’s used that grind for ages.

They’ve cutoff half the customers to sell to the half that didn’t like it the first time.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the embargo be lifted on the new PM wedges? That is the only club I have not seen from the new line.

You aren’t missing much. They ruined the sole and other than milled face it’s same. Don’t know why you’d change the greatest sole grind ever.

The wedge, while successful, wasn't a great fit for everyone. I'm personally looking forward to the replacement as I didn't care much for the original.

Yes. I get that too but I think the answer would be a sole grind choice. Not deleting the actual pm grind. Gauranteed Phil’s wedges still have the dual grind. He’s used that grind for ages.

They’ve cutoff half the customers to sell to the half that didn’t like it the first time.

Options are good. With the success of the original, one would think that they would expand upon it

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Ive seen all the product

It looks good

EPIC Flash SZ - 460cc head, Great look face angle wise from address, smaller looking profile than the EPIC SZ. Deeper face, more rounded, pear shape from address. Weights are good, like the idea of a sliding weight track with this head. Paint scheme is fine if youre into African/Jamaican flag color schemes or the Green Bay Packers. On a more serious note...this driver will have Adjustable weight, Slideable weight, Adjustable Hosel, Jailbreak Tech, and a face that can only be replicated using a proprietary 10,000 dollar super computer making it a.) the first face of its kind b.) Un-copyable by competitors, c.) a face that literally has AI built into it. The results have been 3-4 mph ball speed increases across all player types. Get ready world...here comes the EPIC Flash!

EPIC Flash Fway Woods - great looking clubs. Adjustable hosels like original EPIC SZs. Wider array of lofts now with a 7 wood and 9 wood.

Apex Hybrid - Same as the old one, except with adjustable hosel...very nice matte grey crown.

Apex Pro Irons - p790 competitors for sure. Cup Face Tech with a plastic tungsten sleeve behind the face. Fully expect more consistent ball speeds from all strikes all over the face. Decent looking from address, not horrid looking with the touch of offset these have. Topline is thicker than I hoped, but nothing worse than what is offered in the competitive space for these, ie 790s, King Cobra Tec

PM Grind 2.0s - reminded me of the TM HighToe stuff, jury is still out. Would need to hit these. I prefer the MD 4 Raw Wedges, so its hard to judge these objectively. Theres a badge on the club...i dont get that move asthetically.

Big Bertha 2019s - Great for Dad...make him feel like its 1996 again when he hit the ball 20 yds farther than everyone with those BIG BERTHA Irons that looked like toasters on a stick. 23 years removed from those 96s...yes, the future was indeed looking bright for BIG BERTHA Irons. These look good!

Stroke Lab Putters - Interesting...sort of bringing a niche JDM product to the states in a full line of putters. Versa paint schemes, and Odyssey is going ALL IN on the White Hot Microhinge. The classic OWorks insert will remain in Odyseey lore. Nice designs. The flowneck mallet craze is in full swing. Nice job on making a variety of short slant necks and longer flownecks. Odyssey is capturing both the technologically advanced market and performance based market. These setup dead square and lead the field in feel, sound and roll. And then, you have the new Toulons...Long Island and Las Vegas...good luck Scotty.

I thought the new Apex hybrid will be a bonded hosel? I sure hope that it’s adjustable.

Chrome soft ball will stay the same...bringing a new mid line ball to compete with AVX. Fwy woods are bonded so no adjustment. New Apex line in both Apex and Apex Pro...both available in Smoke finish as well as chrome...they are sick.

The fwys are adjustable.

Apex Hybrids are glued.

Some have said glued, some have said adjustable. I guess we will have to wait and see...

I must have seen an Apex Hybrid prototype then, if people believe the hosel will be bonded. There was a discussion about the breakage rates with the new hosels in the hybrids and woods, being that they are lighter and do not penetrate as deeply. I saw the Epic Flash in pieces and the construction of that is very interesting, blown out in pieces like that.

Its possible the Apex Hybrid with adjustability could be limited to tour use only.

It all looks great to me

Options are good. With the success of the original, one would think that they would expand upon it

Yep. I’m hoping the rep was wrong and both grinds will be available. But he was adamant that it was the only grind for 2.0.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Looks bonded to me!!

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

PM 2.0 has a badge?

Hmm, maybe I don't need one after all.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

PM 2.0 has a badge?

It’s pretty small. And can’t be seen from address. I really don’t see it as a dealbreaker......

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

PM 2.0 has a badge?

It's pretty small. And can't be seen from address. I really don't see it as a dealbreaker......

Have you seen the retail version of these new irons that Xander is playing by any chance?

Yes but no. I’ve seen the new apex and apex pro.

The new pros look stunning, but are different than the 2016 pros. They already have x forged in the line, so they didn’t need another players iron for the guys on tour. These new apex pros are packed with more distance tech.

I find it hard to believe Zander’s irons are built the same way the Apex Pros are. I’ll try to find out.

Chrome Tour

PM 2.0 has a badge?

It's pretty small. And can't be seen from address. I really don't see it as a dealbreaker......

Have you seen the retail version of these new irons that Xander is playing by any chance?

Yes but no. Ive seen the new apex and apex pro.

The new pros look stunning, but are different than the 2016 pros. They already have x forged in the line, so they didnt need another players iron for the guys on tour. These new apex pros are packed with more distance tech.

I find it hard to believe Zanders irons are built the same way the Apex Pros are. Ill try to find out.

I’m so pumped for these! So do you think the New Pro’s are about the size of the CF16’s and the standard Apex are even bigger?

How’s the blade length on these new irons? I hope they are short.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

PM 2.0 has a badge?

Yes but no. I've seen the new apex and apex pro.

The new pros look stunning, but are different than the 2016 pros. They already have x forged in the line, so they didn't need another players iron for the guys on tour. These new apex pros are packed with more distance tech.

I find it hard to believe Zander's irons are built the same way the Apex Pros are. I'll try to find out.

Can you say anything about the looks of the NORMAL Apex's? Everybody keeps mentioning the Pros (I realize this is WRX) but it'd be nice to hear something about the normal Apex's.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

PM 2.0 has a badge?

Yes but no. I've seen the new apex and apex pro.

The new pros look stunning, but are different than the 2016 pros. They already have x forged in the line, so they didn't need another players iron for the guys on tour. These new apex pros are packed with more distance tech.

I find it hard to believe Zander's irons are built the same way the Apex Pros are. I'll try to find out.

Can you say anything about the looks of the NORMAL Apex's? Everybody keeps mentioning the Pros (I realize this is WRX) but it'd be nice to hear something about the normal Apex's.

Normal Apex's are sexy. SLIGHTLY more trim than CF16 Apex. Look super good.

The pros are a similar shape to current pros. Compact. But they will be much longer(distance) than the current ones. They are going to make a combo set of the two that blend lofts, offset, and finish, so they make sense. That's what I'll be rockin!

Chrome Tour

Great news

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

PM 2.0 has a badge?

Xander’s irons are the same look as the new apex pro but with no cup face tech for better distance control.

Remember. Newer isn't always better. It might be funner. But sometimes it better

This.

Also a reply to post # 796 just above about the new iron lines; Normal Apex's are sexy. SLIGHTLY more trim than CF16 Apex. Look super good.

The pros are a similar shape to current pros. Compact. But they will be much longer(distance) than the current ones. They are going to make a combo set of the two that blend lofts, offset, and finish, so they make sense. That's what I'll be rockin!

Why don't they make it just one set then? Seems like that would make more sense to the consumer. If they are matched so closely why would you need to produce two different sets? Because they are going to MARKET the hell out of them, black finish, satin finish, same offset, same lofts, blah, blah, blah. I'm sure the price tag will make most folks gulp. Not to mention the fact that Callaway and TM just cannot produce a custom order to specs to save their lives. I'm sure that they will look pretty cool as they have in the past, but there just comes a point where people are going to wake up to what's really going on. Just how great can irons be or get...I guess as good as their marketing is and folks who believe in it.

(I understand that there are some generalizations that I wrote, just my opinion).

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro 1050GH S
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I still would love to see a pic of the crown. I also wonder if the weight from the OG Epic will work in this head. The sliding weight looks different, but the track looks similar.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Found this on a website from China.... Legit?

thats the one.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

The top has a black carbon fiber crown with a dividing ridge/line about a half inch back from the face. there is a line of green pin striping along the back edge (i think there is a little yellow in at as well) it has been a while since i hit it. it is going to be a good seller.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X