Ping Blueprint forged irons- New photos added page 27

My bet is they'll be equal to glide forged ($199), but they basically won't be available in retailers... at least they aren't going to have a set on every rack everywhere. My guess is they'll send 7-irons to the travelling reps.

They're not getting demos. They're not going to have extra sets on racks either. First sets shipping July 4, at least that's what they're shooting for. They'd like the sooner if possible. Only thing they'd say ab price was "higher than our usual price offerings".

My Ping rep is still unable to place any orders for these yet...

#metoo

I could be wrong, but I think you used that hashtag incorrectly.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I think this is a great looking iron and will be interested in hearing how you guys like them once you have the opportunity to bag them. One question (and it is just that), for the guys wanting to grab them immediately is their even a little bit of a question in your mind about pulling the trigger without range time/monitor time? I really only ask because Ping really has not done anything very close to this before so personally I have questions that I would want to answer for myself before going all in. What makes you confident these belong in your bag?

This is in contrast to say the i210 where you know pretty much what you are getting because of what came before them. Or a blade from Mizuno where many have been down that road before.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I think this is a great looking iron and will be interested in hearing how you guys like them once you have the opportunity to bag them. One question (and it is just that), for the guys wanting to grab them immediately is their even a little bit of a question in your mind about pulling the trigger without range time/monitor time? I really only ask because Ping really has not done anything very close to this before so personally I have questions that I would want to answer for myself before going all in. What makes you confident these belong in your bag?

This is in contrast to say the i210 where you know pretty much what you are getting because of what came before them. Or a blade from Mizuno where many have been down that road before.

This is the Wrx community. For many, the main criteria for bagging an iron is completely unrelated to their aptitude.

If they do hit it on the range and it goes in the air 10%, we good.

For me, I always play bladed irons so there’s not too much difference across the board. There are certainly some models that perform surprisingly bad or surprisingly great, but for the most part it’s a pretty consistent type of iron.

I’m confident in any iron that gets widespread adoption on Tour from a variety of guys. When PING can get Bubba Watson and other pros to change over this quickly and stick with the irons then I am confident that they have something worth playing. Maybe that’s me giving in to marketing, but PING has never forced guys to change in the past. It’s like when all the PING guys were playing a variety of their drivers but then almost universally they all went to G400, and the G400 range was objectively great. Or like when Bubba switched to the forged wedges and then the next tournament was right back to Glides, and a lot of pros are sticking with Glides.

Also, from all the photos I’ve seen I love the looks of the club all the way around. I like the screw in the toe for swing weight and CG distribution. Thin top lines with a more square old-school address profile. Love the muscle cut in the back which also puts more weight towards the toe. It just looks like a very smartly designed iron that’s not following the trend of most other MB irons. You can tell PING has put a ton of thought into these.

I think overall I just “believe” in this iron and am willing to pull the trigger knowing full well I could also be disappointed. But that’s what I do every time I buy and try clubs, it’s just the reality you accept and enjoy being a club ho. Every club you try could either be a flop or your next favorite thing, it’s part of the excitement itself!

My bet is they'll be equal to glide forged ($199), but they basically won't be available in retailers... at least they aren't going to have a set on every rack everywhere. My guess is they'll send 7-irons to the travelling reps.

They're not getting demos. They're not going to have extra sets on racks either. First sets shipping July 4, at least that's what they're shooting for. They'd like the sooner if possible. Only thing they'd say ab price was "higher than our usual price offerings".

My Ping rep is still unable to place any orders for these yet...

#metoo

I could be wrong, but I think you used that hashtag incorrectly.

My inability to order these will not be marginalized anymore!!!

/s

Apologies to anyone who was offended by my use of #metoo.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

For me, I always play bladed irons so there's not too much difference across the board. There are certainly some models that perform surprisingly bad or surprisingly great, but for the most part it's a pretty consistent type of iron.

I'm confident in any iron that gets widespread adoption on Tour from a variety of guys. When PING can get Bubba Watson and other pros to change over this quickly and stick with the irons then I am confident that they have something worth playing. Maybe that's me giving in to marketing, but PING has never forced guys to change in the past. It's like when all the PING guys were playing a variety of their drivers but then almost universally they all went to G400, and the G400 range was objectively great. Or like when Bubba switched to the forged wedges and then the next tournament was right back to Glides, and a lot of pros are sticking with Glides.

Also, from all the photos I've seen I love the looks of the club all the way around. I like the screw in the toe for swing weight and CG distribution. Thin top lines with a more square old-school address profile. Love the muscle cut in the back which also puts more weight towards the toe. It just looks like a very smartly designed iron that's not following the trend of most other MB irons. You can tell PING has put a ton of thought into these.

I think overall I just "believe" in this iron and am willing to pull the trigger knowing full well I could also be disappointed. But that's what I do every time I buy and try clubs, it's just the reality you accept and enjoy being a club ho. Every club you try could either be a flop or your next favorite thing, it's part of the excitement itself!

With your HC, I don't doubt you could play well with anything you want to play with...tip of the hat for that HC!!

It looked to me like Bubba still had the 55's in the bag but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I do get what you are saying and they sure are pretty!!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I’m a mid to high single digit H/C player ranging from a 6-9. I have always played better with a smaller iron. I need the forgiveness of an iSeries iron, but I actually strike the ball better with the less forgiving leading edge (that’s all I can figure it to be) of the players iron. And I, and I emphasize this, HATE HATE HATE looking down on a iron with a top line bigger than my iBlades. I don’t know what it is, I just have a mental block. I want the top line to be paper thin. If I could play butterknives, I would but I am a mear mortal (sp?). That’s why I am buying them. I want to get to where I can play them. I play better with smaller irons so it’s only natural for me to be better with these in my mind.

Shut up, don’t tell me otherwise

“Lalalalalalalalalala”

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

http://www.golfwrx.c...-ping-demo-day/

Would some of you like to apologize for your clearly false comments?

If you're referring to mine....they are not "my" comments. I simply repeated what I was told at the factory, and they were very convincing when they said that the club would not be released. These guys are so accustomed to giving misleading information on new models that they've become very good at it. Since I don't work there, and neither do you, that's all we were able to go on.....not a "false comment" as in intentionally trying to deceive. That would be what Ping has done, not the posters on this forum.

I'm so torn. On one hand, I bought a set of P790s at the end of last season and really haven't had a chance to play many rounds with them. I've been working on my game all winter with an indoor setup as well as lessons and simulator work. If these were to be released, I'd be so tempted to make the jump, as I really do prefer a players iron. That said, maybe my game would still be better served by the 790s for this year.

The struggle is real.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I'm so torn. On one hand, I bought a set of P790s at the end of last season and really haven't had a chance to play many rounds with them. I've been working on my game all winter with an indoor setup as well as lessons and simulator work. If these were to be released, I'd be so tempted to make the jump, as I really do prefer a players iron. That said, maybe my game would still be better served by the 790s for this year.

The struggle is real.

You can have both and rotate them in and out accordingly...

You can have both and rotate them in and out accordingly...

Don't go giving him ideas - My wallet, 2019 (probably)

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I'm assuming the feel is much better than the i500s which I think are damned clanky (even on center strikes), so I'm definitely ordering a set of the Blueprints. 5-PW.

Did anyone hit these at the PGA show?

I agree the i500 feel isn't my favorite, I wonder if anyone has cotton-balled the hollow cavity with success?

I told myself I am not getting new irons until the next Mizuno MP line comes out, but these things looks pretty good at address and a 5-PW would blend nicely with my i500 4 iron....but I'll have to wait to see how they feel. I blind ordered the i500 and like most everything about it except the feel is not what I prefer.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

March would be nice, I really just want to hit them and see how they feel. I am very close to clicking purchase on a set of jdm clubs, but im holding off for the blueprints launch

We would have heard something by now if they were coming out in March. Hopefully early summer is the latest...

From the still little info that's being leaked, March is the timeframe that PING is supposed to start actually acknowledging these will have a public release and reps have concrete info, for a Summer availability. I am hearing June...not sure if that's first order date, or in-hand date.

If you're referring to mine....they are not "my" comments. I simply repeated what I was told at the factory, and they were very convincing when they said that the club would not be released. These guys are so accustomed to giving misleading information on new models that they've become very good at it. Since I don't work there, and neither do you, that's all we were able to go on.....not a "false comment" as in intentionally trying to deceive. That would be what Ping has done, not the posters on this forum.

If you're the guy that had the fitting at Ping then no, I wasn't referring to you. Other people choose to ignore the obvious signs that these were going to release simply because it didn't fit the narrative they're trying to push. Trying to act like they had some inside info when it turns out they were spouting nonsense.

Ping was never deceptive in any of this, some members here however definitely were. Are people here really unfamiliar with how companies market their products using social media to build hype?

1. Create irons

2. give irons to touring pros

3. have pros tweet out pics of irons

4. give irons to bloggers to write about

5. present irons at pga show

6. release irons

Even after the fourth step people still denied the irons would be released.

I don't mean to keep harping on this but over the years this site has declined quite a bit and you see a lot of false info being spread through the site.

If you're the guy that had the fitting at Ping then no, I wasn't referring to you. Other people choose to ignore the obvious signs that these were going to release simply because it didn't fit the narrative they're trying to push. Trying to act like they had some inside info when it turns out they were spouting nonsense.

Ping was never deceptive in any of this, some members here however definitely were. Are people here really unfamiliar with how companies market their products using social media to build hype?

1. Create irons

2. give irons to touring pros

3. have pros tweet out pics of irons

4. give irons to bloggers to write about

5. present irons at pga show

6. release irons

Even after the fourth step people still denied the irons would be released.

I don't mean to keep harping on this but over the years this site has declined quite a bit and you see a lot of false info being spread through the site.

There were a few of us on here that saw the writing on the wall, but you can hardly cast blame on those that were told to their face they weren't coming to market.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Here's what I really care about...

-I'd love it if accounts got fitting heads...our rep would happily bring in a demo when he gets one, but I like hitting a demo on a few different occasions when I'm deciding on getting a set of irons

-I hope they release in time to have them in hand in early July at the latest...I hate getting new clubs in August. I'm a high school teacher so my golf time cuts WAY down in August

-I hope I can do a PUD on them...my rep said they didn't know whether or not that'd be allowed on these (I work in a golf shop when I'm not teaching)

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

Here's what I really care about...

-I'd love it if accounts got fitting heads...our rep would happily bring in a demo when he gets one, but I like hitting a demo on a few different occasions when I'm deciding on getting a set of irons

-I hope they release in time to have them in hand in early July at the latest...I hate getting new clubs in August. I'm a high school teacher so my golf time cuts WAY down in August

-I hope I can do a PUD on them...my rep said they didn't know whether or not that'd be allowed on these (I work in a golf shop when I'm not teaching)

PUD may be tough on these. I don't remember PUD being available on any limited release item PING has ever done, and I'm still hearing rumblings that these may still be released like the past several PLD/limited release putters...an allocation if you will. To be fair, I'm not sure if the details of release have even been fully worked out, as details even from PING to accounts is still very muddy at this time. I'm guessing all of that will be more than cleared up in the March info release timeframe.