Why I hate my pxg clubs

Danny Choo

So here's the problem, through the heroes program I can get what I want for the same price as new anything else, fitting being done of course, yet as a 16 I probably don't rate these irons. I can buy t-mb irons for 2,000 and no one would bat an eye. If the deal is good for you why should you care about others? Because someone will always look in your bag and rate the way you play, I have served my country and also been a first responder, maybe ping,titleist,taylormade could make the same offer, get what you want and let others be jealous, pretty sure i'll get flamed for this, just my .02!

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk where you guys play, nobody here ever comments or even looks into others bags....never here anyone say a word about who playing what......seen a few sets around the course but to me they're just clubs,

Prolly more koreans here playing 20k honmas than 4k PXG'S, LOL

Most are just jealous of him, he can do pretty much whatever he wants and has made a dent in very tough industry....which Nike couldn't do...see if it lasts but he prolly doesnt care much either way

I have set on the way and really they didnt cost anymore than other sets, no way I pay 4k of set of irons, that's insane.... but it's his money and co. so he can do whatever he wants......cant fault him for being successful and taking a chance....which so far has panned out

Good grief.

Well apparently you haven't seen the optional screw adjustment accessory set?

That's what people who use PXG clubs use for a ball marker. Another reason to think less of them.

Nobody has a bigger meathead of a CEO. Period.

That meathead has done and sacrificed a lot for this country, but of course you wouldn't know that.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Hard to call someone a meathead when they are truly successful in their own skin.

Nike was advertising towards a younger and more hip crowd. Let’s be honest here. That crowd isn’t as affluent as say a bob Parsons crowd. Political and cultural differences for sure. All is good. We have choices.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

So here's the problem, through the heroes program I can get what I want for the same price as new anything else, fitting being done of course, yet as a 16 I probably don't rate these irons. I can buy t-mb irons for 2,000 and no one would bat an eye. If the deal is good for you why should you care about others? Because someone will always look in your bag and rate the way you play, I have served my country and also been a first responder, maybe ping,titleist,taylormade could make the same offer, get what you want and let others be jealous, pretty sure i'll get flamed for this, just my .02!

People who judge your game by looking in your golf bag are morons. I wouldn't base any decision on the behavior of a moron.

A lot of suggestions and I decided to heck with it , why not put a full pxg set in my bag. The move was in the works. Welcome 0341X 3 & 5 wood, 0317X hybrid. No headcovers, they will be on full display. My dough and all that counts will be fairways, greens and executing my putting.

I suggest you pick up the matching putter....let us know what you think of the clubs....and of course, how much did they cost?

Is that putter for real? Looks like something Liberace or Mr. Slave would game.

Mr. Slave.

Now there’s a character that if you don’t know who he is you are ( or should Be ) afraid to google ..... that brought a genuine hard laugh on. Haven’t watched South Park in a while. Maybe it’s time.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Good grief.

That's what people who use PXG clubs use for a ball marker. Another reason to think less of them.

That meathead has done and sacrificed a lot for this country, but of course you wouldn't know that.

It’s perfectly fine to question anyone who brags to the level he does. Pretty rare to hear a “ hero “ do that.

Right! As a combat vet myself with lots to brag about, I don't care if Parsons wants to brag about his accomplishments, I encourage it.

Never be ashamed of who you are or your accomplishments. Some people around here, I'm not saying you, always want to belittle success and they always look small and petty.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

Damn you’re fast. I thought better and deleted that post and you’d already quoted it. Lol. I guess to each his own.

I was raised by an engineer attached to the 8th Air Force who served In Europe and Japan in WWII . I have the letter that informed my grandmother of his MIA status in France and the letter she received 38 days later when he was able to write. 14 battle citations or stars ( I’m not sure of the nomenclature) and enough points to go home 8 or so months before the end of the war. He stayed with his outfit until the end. Who knows what he saw or did. Any conversation usually was short and ended in him walking away to be alone for a while. Found 99.% of that out after his passing. Rarely spoke of it and usually only when I proded the subject out. I did get his first hand description of the horror at Normandy. Sparked one night while watching “ saving private Ryan “. His words “ it was 10x that ... you can’t imagine the death “. And a couple good stories of the trip home from japan and a shared taxi ride from Atlanta to Greenville sc. but that’s about it. That’s where I get my perspective on this from.

It’s hard for me to understand a guy like Parsons. He is the polar opposite of the hero I’ve came to know through research of documents and letters etc in the past 8 years. But I suppose all soldiers cannot be the same.

I appreciate your service by the way. And no harm meant. Just explaining my distrust of someone who boasts of themselves being a hero. The Hangup is likely all mine.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Damn you’re fast. I thought better and deleted that post and you’d already quoted it. Lol. I guess to each his own.

I was raised by an engineer attached to the 8th Air Force who served In Europe and Japan in WWII . I have the letter that informed my grandmother of his MIA status in France and the letter she received 38 days later when he was able to write. 14 battle citations or stars ( I’m not sure of the nomenclature) and enough points to go home 8 or so months before the end of the war. He stayed with his outfit until the end. Who knows what he saw or did. Any conversation usually was short and ended in him walking away to be alone for a while. Found 99.% of that out after his passing. Rarely spoke of it and usually only when I proded the subject out. I did get his first hand description of the horror at Normandy. Sparked one night while watching “ saving private Ryan “. His words “ it was 10x that ... you can’t imagine the death “. And a couple good stories of the trip home from japan and a shared taxi ride from Atlanta to Greenville sc. but that’s about it. That’s where I get my perspective on this from.

It’s hard for me to understand a guy like Parsons. He is the polar opposite of the hero I’ve came to know through research of documents and letters etc in the past 8 years. But I suppose all soldiers cannot be the same.

I appreciate your service by the way. And no harm meant. Just explaining my distrust of someone who boasts of themselves being a hero. The Hangup is likely all mine.

Is all good my friend. :-)

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Why does talking about clubs turn into some sort of contest? I enjoy the PXG guys because they invent new excuses for shooting the same score after dumping their SGI's. It's all good. We're having fun.

Excellence question. I have noticed that MOST threads in this forum turn into a contest. I watch with popcorn way more than I post.

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

Ah I see.

Not a big fan of the looks but some color screws would give it a nice flare.

The different colored screws indicate different materials. Each material....or color, is a different weight. They are used at the factory for swingweighting.

You can’t just chose different colors for their “bling factor.”

Good grief.

See, here is where you lose me. Yes, I know, its your money and you can do what you want with it. Fine.

But throughout this thread you're all about service. Self-sacrifice. Helping those who can't help themselves and responding to disasters because one is specially trained for it and puts his life on the line for others. These are very noble ideals, and you are to be commended for pointing them out.

Where does spending $6k on irons instead of $1k plus a $5k donation to the folds of honor foundation fit into your self-sacrifice model?

It was Parsons' time, he could do what he wanted to with it, and he chose humility and service.

It was your money, you could do what you wanted to with it, and you chose flashy super-expensive golf clubs.

That's why most of us mock you. We don't understand that dichotomy.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Ah I see.

Not a big fan of the looks but some color screws would give it a nice flare.

The different colored screws indicate different materials. Each material....or color, is a different weight. They are used at the factory for swingweighting.

You can’t just chose different colors for their “bling factor.”

Well that’s a shame. If we can have color grips options then I think we should be able to have color screws options. Wasted opportunity here.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Good grief.

See, here is where you lose me. Yes, I know, its your money and you can do what you want with it. Fine.

But throughout this thread you're all about service. Self-sacrifice. Helping those who can't help themselves and responding to disasters because one is specially trained for it and puts his life on the line for others. These are very noble ideals, and you are to be commended for pointing them out.

Where does spending $6k on irons instead of $1k plus a $5k donation to the folds of honor foundation fit into your self-sacrifice model?

It was Parsons' time, he could do what he wanted to with it, and he chose humility and service.

It was your money, you could do what you wanted to with it, and you chose flashy super-expensive golf clubs.

Well mocking me, as meaningless and petty, it says more about you than me. To feed your ignorance, know that I purchased my clubs via the Heroes Program.

Enjoy!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Good grief.

I was pointing out that he is arguably the most obnoxious CEO in the history of CEOs but he served so I'm not allowed to have an opinion of him as a character. I apologize.

Good grief.

Wow. Humility ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Good grief.

I figured they used Bitcoin as a ball marker.

Crypto-Golf clubs...I get it....LOL!

I was pointing out that he is arguably the most obnoxious CEO in the history of CEOs but he served so I'm not allowed to have an opinion of him as a character. I apologize.

Wow. Humility ?

I don't actually think that. Look at my earlier posts. I think he's a buffoon.

I was pointing out that praising someone for sacrifice and charity and service while also arguing its fine to waste money because you have too much anyway doesn't make any sense.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Hey folks...Parson's is one thing to some folks and another to others. However....and I don't want to introduce politics...but guys like Parson's and Trump should be role models vs. being maligned....why? Because many of us lack the guts to take on the odds and win...so we pass judgement on those who have the guts because we know deep-down inside we missed our own opportunities by giving others power over us.

All I can say is both men are wildly successful in their own right because neither gave two craps about the naysayers...the "critics'.

Wow. Humility ?

I don't actually think that. Look at my earlier posts. I think he's a buffoon.

I was pointing out that praising someone for sacrifice and charity and service while also arguing its fine to waste money because you have too much anyway doesn't make any sense.

I wasn't saying anything about what you said. I called him a meathead, which in my opinion he is, and then it's like how dare you! He served! Not that you would know that!!!

I think he's a loud mouth, womanizing, eccentric who has really strange political views but since he served I'm not allowed to have an opinion of him.