What up with Jordan?

tsecor

He is T16 on fairways after 3 rounds hitting 33 of 42. Only T43 in regards to hitting greens 34 of 54. He is #1in scrambling after 3 rounds. Most importantly no double bogeys.

Ping 425 Max 10.5*

Titleist  Tis2 15*

Titleist  Tis2 18*

Hybrid Ping 410 22*

Ping I525 5-PW Project X 5.5

Cleveland CBX 50*

Titleist  Vokey 54*

Titleist Vokey 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pistol Grip 

> @disco111 said:

> Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

He was fine today. Didnt make anything and he needed to have Cantlays round to win. Hes trending in the right direction.

• Like 1

> @lowheel said:

> > @disco111 said:

> > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

>

> He was fine today. Didnt make anything and he needed to have Cantlays round to win. Hes trending in the right direction.

He has been trending in the right direction. No question. And will likely continue to rise.

But.. He also was one of just two players in the top 20 that was over par today. That is not fine.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @disco111 said:

> Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

His iron play was a mess today, losing over 4 strokes on his approaches. Luckily for his score, his scrambling was on point throughout the tournament. As you mentioned, today will not help what has plagued him all year, weekend scoring.

ROUND 1 SCORING AVERAGE 69.20 5TH

ROUND 2 SCORING AVERAGE 68.40 3RD

ROUND 3 SCORING AVERAGE 71.17 159TH

ROUND 4 SCORING AVERAGE 72.83 201ST

Good trend, game still not sharp and anyone expecting him to contend anytime soon is unrealistic. However getting regular top 10s is something to applaud.

He got 3 top 10's in a row on the PGA Tour, not WRX standard of excellence, but he's trying.

• Like 1

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

> @Shilgy said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @disco111 said:

> > > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

> >

> > He was fine today. Didnt make anything and he needed to have Cantlays round to win. Hes trending in the right direction.

>

> He has been trending in the right direction. No question. And will likely continue to rise.

> But.. He also was one of just two players in the top 20 that was over par today. That is not fine.

If I had to guess (which is all most of us monkeys are usually doing), it's that he's still not fully comfortable with whatever he's doing with his swing. Hence, one day a tournament he doesn't feel as good, a bit more pressure, etc and he falls back a bit. He can say whatever he wants but he's probably not as confident standing over the ball now vs. prior times (at least not yet).

But it's clear he's stabilized the ship. What exactly he returns to is still anyone's guess.

He simply does not hit the ball well enough to sustain the success he had a few years back. You can’t sustain making every 20 footer you look at, and it’s showed the past couple seasons. Even the first few round this week, he chipped in atleast twice that I saw, made a couple 40+ footers, you take those anomalies out and he’s middle of the pack. In my opinion he needs a swing change, that chicken wing at impact is proving over time now to not be quite reliable or consistent enough to ball strike at a top tier level.

> @disco111 said:

He was never realistically in it. He was fine.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Shilgy said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @disco111 said:

> > > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

> >

> > He was fine today. Didnt make anything and he needed to have Cantlays round to win. Hes trending in the right direction.

>

> He has been trending in the right direction. No question. And will likely continue to rise.

> But.. He also was one of just two players in the top 20 that was over par today. That is not fine.

Eh. Several folks who didn’t make the weekend would swap with him I’m sure. We expect too much too soon.

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @disco111 said:

> > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

>

> He was never realistically in it. He was fine.

Wasn't he tied to start the day with the guy that ended up winning by 2?

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @disco111 said:

> > > > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

> > >

> > > He was fine today. Didnt make anything and he needed to have Cantlays round to win. Hes trending in the right direction.

> >

> > He has been trending in the right direction. No question. And will likely continue to rise.

> > But.. He also was one of just two players in the top 20 that was over par today. That is not fine.

>

> Eh. Several folks who didn’t make the weekend would swap with him I’m sure. We expect too much too soon.

Of course they would. But that is not the point. If he wants to be "back" he cannot continue to be essentially dfl on tour in final round scoring. I do disagree with a couple of the last posts. When he played well his putting got the press but his ballstriking got him there. Also there was nothing wrong with his swing from his winning ways that won't "hold up on tour".

But right now for whatever reason the results are not as desired. Perhaps if he keeps putting himself into position as he has of late he'll get over there hump. But even the best pros can have mental issues and the longer this final round slump goes the harder it will be too overcome.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @disco111 said:

> >

> > He was never realistically in it. He was fine.

>

> Wasn't he tied to start the day with the guy that ended up winning by 2?

I don’t think any sane person can expect a 64 or 63 out of him on Sunday yet.

Cantlay has been due for a while. And even he didn’t get it done minus help from Kymer who was even for the day.

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @disco111 said:

> > > > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

> > >

> > > He was never realistically in it. He was fine.

> >

> > Wasn't he tied to start the day with the guy that ended up winning by 2?

>

> I don’t think any sane person can expect a 64 or 63 out of him on Sunday yet.

>

> Cantlay has been due for a while. And even he didn’t get it done minus help from Kymer who was even for the day.

Just saying he was tied to start the day with the guy who won. So to say Spieth was never realistically in it you must not believe in his ability to close or shoot a good final round.

Calling a spade a spade, +1 is a bad Final round when you were -11 going into Sunday.

In hindsight we can say he couldn't have kept up with Cantlay, but going into the round Spieth did have a realistic chance to win.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @disco111 said:

> > > > > Well, it's the final round and as painfully usual, shoots himself out of it. Guess his game is all around solid for only 3 rounds at a time. He's won and won big before, so you really have to wonder, just what the heck is going on?

> > > >

> > > > He was never realistically in it. He was fine.

> > >

> > > Wasn't he tied to start the day with the guy that ended up winning by 2?

> >

> > I don’t think any sane person can expect a 64 or 63 out of him on Sunday yet.

> >

> > Cantlay has been due for a while. And even he didn’t get it done minus help from Kymer who was even for the day.

>

> Just saying he was tied to start the day with the guy who won. So to say Spieth was never realistically in it you must not believe in his ability to close or shoot a good final round.

>

> Calling a spade a spade, +1 is a bad Final round when you were -11 going into Sunday.

>

> In hindsight we can say he couldn't have kept up with Cantlay, but going into the round Spieth did have a realistic chance to win.

Nah. I’m just saying he isn’t there yet. I didnt tune in expecting a win. I expected kymer to run and hide. Or Adam Scott to make every putt and win. Cantlay wasn’t even in my radar even though I know he’s been due. That guy just is hard to pull for.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Two-time major champ Martin Kaymer shot a 6-under 66 to assume a 2-stroke lead going into Sunday over Adam Scott and four over Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Patrick Cantlay. Playing alongside Kaymer, Spieth shot a 3-under 69 that included a 32 on the back nine, and gave himself a chance for his first win in two years.

There's a BIG difference between "he's not there yet" and "he wasn't in it". You sure your not a politician?...........LOL

> @disco111 said:

> Two-time major champ Martin Kaymer shot a 6-under 66 to assume a 2-stroke lead going into Sunday over Adam Scott and four over Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Patrick Cantlay. Playing alongside Kaymer, Spieth shot a 3-under 69 that included a 32 on the back nine, and gave himself a chance for his first win in two years.

>

> There's a BIG difference between "he's not there yet" and "he wasn't in it". You sure your not a politician?...........LOL

Whatever you chose to think is fine by me. I’ll chose my thinking myself.

In my opinion ( as if that needs to be said since all this is , is our opinions ) if Kymer stayed hot nobody catches him. Not even cantlay. If cantlay had any competition all day I don’t think he shoots 64. Probably 66-67. He just freewheeled because nobody challenged him really. Even par round after a 66 is backing up. Period. Jordan backed up too. Sure. But even if he goes 2-3 under he’s not in it. So yes. Not there yet. And also wasn’t really in it in a realistic way. You do realize that cantlays 64 was the lowest final round in memorial history. Yes ? You truly expected Jordan to do that ? Come on.

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @disco111 said:

> > Two-time major champ Martin Kaymer shot a 6-under 66 to assume a 2-stroke lead going into Sunday over Adam Scott and four over Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Patrick Cantlay. Playing alongside Kaymer, Spieth shot a 3-under 69 that included a 32 on the back nine, and gave himself a chance for his first win in two years.

> >

> > There's a BIG difference between "he's not there yet" and "he wasn't in it". You sure your not a politician?...........LOL

>

> Whatever you chose to think is fine by me. I’ll chose my thinking myself.

>

> In my opinion ( as if that needs to be said since all this is , is our opinions ) if Kymer stayed hot nobody catches him. Not even cantlay. If cantlay had any competition all day I don’t think he shoots 64. Probably 66-67. He just freewheeled because nobody challenged him really. Even par round after a 66 is backing up. Period. Jordan backed up too. Sure. But even if he goes 2-3 under he’s not in it. So yes. Not there yet. And also wasn’t really in it in a realistic way. You do realize that cantlays 64 was the lowest final round in memorial history. Yes ? You truly expected Jordan to do that ? Come on.

>

>

Whew!.....Glad it's fine by you, I was really worried (not). Nobody is thinking for you, so you have that going. It's very unlikely that any body expected anyone to shoot a 64. If Jordan shoots 2 or 3 under in the final round, instead of backing up like he's doing, then he's really making progress and then he's totally in the mix. The overall point was his last round scoring fails and until that point, yes he was in it.

• Like 1

> @disco111 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @disco111 said:

> > > Two-time major champ Martin Kaymer shot a 6-under 66 to assume a 2-stroke lead going into Sunday over Adam Scott and four over Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Patrick Cantlay. Playing alongside Kaymer, Spieth shot a 3-under 69 that included a 32 on the back nine, and gave himself a chance for his first win in two years.

> > >

> > > There's a BIG difference between "he's not there yet" and "he wasn't in it". You sure your not a politician?...........LOL

> >

> > Whatever you chose to think is fine by me. I’ll chose my thinking myself.

> >

> > In my opinion ( as if that needs to be said since all this is , is our opinions ) if Kymer stayed hot nobody catches him. Not even cantlay. If cantlay had any competition all day I don’t think he shoots 64. Probably 66-67. He just freewheeled because nobody challenged him really. Even par round after a 66 is backing up. Period. Jordan backed up too. Sure. But even if he goes 2-3 under he’s not in it. So yes. Not there yet. And also wasn’t really in it in a realistic way. You do realize that cantlays 64 was the lowest final round in memorial history. Yes ? You truly expected Jordan to do that ? Come on.

> >

> >

>

> Whew!.....Glad it's fine by you, I was really worried (not). Nobody is thinking for you, so you have that going. It's very unlikely that any body expected anyone to shoot a 64. If Jordan shoots 2 or 3 under in the final round, instead of backing up like he's doing, then he's really making progress and then he's totally in the mix. The overall point was his last round scoring fails and until that point, yes he was in it.

In the mix is what you say for the guy who finishes T3 4 shots out. So if the leader shats his pants then maybe a playoff. That’s a far cry from reallly having a shot. We’re saying the same thing. You just prefer to call it “ he was in the hunt and choked “ and I prefer to think reasonably and say “ he wasn’t ever really in it to win it and just had a round stuck in neutral “.

If Rory had done same we’d call it a “ back door top 10 “. ( I kid I kid ).

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @disco111 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @disco111 said:

> > > > Two-time major champ Martin Kaymer shot a 6-under 66 to assume a 2-stroke lead going into Sunday over Adam Scott and four over Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Patrick Cantlay. Playing alongside Kaymer, Spieth shot a 3-under 69 that included a 32 on the back nine, and gave himself a chance for his first win in two years.

> > > >

> > > > There's a BIG difference between "he's not there yet" and "he wasn't in it". You sure your not a politician?...........LOL

> > >

> > > Whatever you chose to think is fine by me. I’ll chose my thinking myself.

> > >

> > > In my opinion ( as if that needs to be said since all this is , is our opinions ) if Kymer stayed hot nobody catches him. Not even cantlay. If cantlay had any competition all day I don’t think he shoots 64. Probably 66-67. He just freewheeled because nobody challenged him really. Even par round after a 66 is backing up. Period. Jordan backed up too. Sure. But even if he goes 2-3 under he’s not in it. So yes. Not there yet. And also wasn’t really in it in a realistic way. You do realize that cantlays 64 was the lowest final round in memorial history. Yes ? You truly expected Jordan to do that ? Come on.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Whew!.....Glad it's fine by you, I was really worried (not). Nobody is thinking for you, so you have that going. It's very unlikely that any body expected anyone to shoot a 64. If Jordan shoots 2 or 3 under in the final round, instead of backing up like he's doing, then he's really making progress and then he's totally in the mix. The overall point was his last round scoring fails and until that point, yes he was in it.

>

> In the mix is what you say for the guy who finishes T3 4 shots out. So if the leader shats his pants then maybe a playoff. That’s a far cry from reallly having a shot. We’re saying the same thing. You just prefer to call it “ he was in the hunt and choked “ and I prefer to think reasonably and say “ he wasn’t ever really in it to win it and just had a round stuck in neutral “.

>

> If Rory had done same we’d call it a “ back door top 10 “. ( I kid I kid ).

No we're really not saying the same thing. It's your prerogative to think "he wasn’t ever really in it to win it", but myself and other's I'm sure think differently.

• Like 1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @disco111 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @disco111 said:

> > > > Two-time major champ Martin Kaymer shot a 6-under 66 to assume a 2-stroke lead going into Sunday over Adam Scott and four over Jordan Spieth, Hideki Matsuyama and Patrick Cantlay. Playing alongside Kaymer, Spieth shot a 3-under 69 that included a 32 on the back nine, and gave himself a chance for his first win in two years.

> > > >

> > > > There's a BIG difference between "he's not there yet" and "he wasn't in it". You sure your not a politician?...........LOL

> > >

> > > Whatever you chose to think is fine by me. I’ll chose my thinking myself.

> > >

> > > In my opinion ( as if that needs to be said since all this is , is our opinions ) if Kymer stayed hot nobody catches him. Not even cantlay. If cantlay had any competition all day I don’t think he shoots 64. Probably 66-67. He just freewheeled because nobody challenged him really. Even par round after a 66 is backing up. Period. Jordan backed up too. Sure. But even if he goes 2-3 under he’s not in it. So yes. Not there yet. And also wasn’t really in it in a realistic way. You do realize that cantlays 64 was the lowest final round in memorial history. Yes ? You truly expected Jordan to do that ? Come on.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Whew!.....Glad it's fine by you, I was really worried (not). Nobody is thinking for you, so you have that going. It's very unlikely that any body expected anyone to shoot a 64. If Jordan shoots 2 or 3 under in the final round, instead of backing up like he's doing, then he's really making progress and then he's totally in the mix. The overall point was his last round scoring fails and until that point, yes he was in it.

>

> In the mix is what you say for the guy who finishes T3 4 shots out. So if the leader shats his pants then maybe a playoff. That’s a far cry from reallly having a shot. We’re saying the same thing. You just prefer to call it “ he was in the hunt and choked “ and I prefer to think reasonably and say “ he wasn’t ever really in it to win it and just had a round stuck in neutral “.

>

> **If Rory had done same we’d call it a “ back door top 10 “. ( I kid I kid ).

Hmm, maybe we need a name for Spieth's top 10 this week and others like it. Since so many are derisive of the so called back door top 10's maybe a garage top 10? As in "he came in the front door but tried to leave the house through the side garage door" ? I know what a back door top 10 is but what do we call a top 10 where the guy was in the thick of it going in to round 4 but he shoots over par and hangs on to a top 10 spot? B)

• Like 1

> @Shilgy said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @disco111 said:

> >

>

Absolutely agree. its only a matter of time that when the pressure is at its highest ( on the weekend) he will break through his internal pressure and thrive. Swing changes are exposed under pressure. His last 4 events hes almost completely eliminated doubles and his weekend rounds are getting better and better. Hes forcing it but in a good way. Ive seen enough to know some of the swagger is back and he knows it. Hes figuring out his iron game and tee to green its getting better. In my opinion its a matter of time

> @Pent08 said:

> Person A: "Spieth had another rough weekend, which is concerning considering his 2019 trend."

> Person B: "He's fine, and who cares."

> Person A: "Just thought it was interesting and important to note."

> Person B: "He's improving, don't you see that!?!!?! Do you expect him to win everything?!?!"

> Person A: "Ok..."

Im fairly certain, if you go back like 4 months, i made the exact same point.Hes been elite thursday friday but when the pressure on the weekend comes his swing changes show hes not 100% confident. The difference now as compared to january -february is the big #s are disappearing and his birdies are up and the putter is heating up. Its easy to see that hes in the final phase of getting comfortable when in contention. I believe once the lid is taken off he'll climb and climb quickly to where he was.

> @lowheel said:

> > @Pent08 said:

> > Person A: "Spieth had another rough weekend, which is concerning considering his 2019 trend."

> > Person B: "He's fine, and who cares."

> > Person A: "Just thought it was interesting and important to note."

> > Person B: "He's improving, don't you see that!?!!?! Do you expect him to win everything?!?!"

> > Person A: "Ok..."

>

> Im fairly certain, if you go back like 4 months, i made the exact same point.Hes been elite thursday friday but when the pressure on the weekend comes his swing changes show hes not 100% confident. The difference now as compared to january -february is the big #s are disappearing and his birdies are up and the putter is heating up. Its easy to see that hes in the final phase of getting comfortable when in contention. I believe once the lid is taken off he'll climb and climb quickly to where he was.

Did the putter start heating up when he started chewing gum? (only 1/2 kidding here)

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black