2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @Drewsky34 said:

> Did anyone see his triple bogey on 14 today? I missed it but how can you make a triple bogey on a 515 yard par 5? This is getting bad.

When you destroy the major winning swing and get over your head with "tour life" and untimely marriage.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

> @Scotty1140 said:

> > @Drewsky34 said:

> > Did anyone see his triple bogey on 14 today? I missed it but how can you make a triple bogey on a 515 yard par 5? This is getting bad.

>

> 2 in the drink.

>

1st tee shot pulled left, hit cart path and bounded ob ... 4th shot into water ...

> @Shilgy said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > > OR you can go back to this parallel. Ben Crenshaw. He came out on the tour with average length and great putting prowess. He was the next big thing and won the Masters in 1984. Then he played well sporadically - I remember seeing him play in Canada on a satellite tour - winning an occasional tournament then and there and finished with a bang winning the Masters again in 1995. He didn't have the long game to put together with his brilliant putting to be the dominant major player that you all see in Jordan Spieth.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He was the next big thing out of college and won his first event on tour as I recall. He won 19 times on tour and is in the hall of fame. When did he ever play a satellite tour?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Might have been the Canadian PGA championship - not a tour event. He struggled for awhile after his divorce.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > no he really didnt. he won his first masters during his marriage troubles and threatened at plenty of majors after that. he could have easily won 2 more masters. he won 8 times after his divorce including his last masters.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll say this about gvogel's comments. Crenshaw in '82 & '85 was awful. Whether it was the divorce or not he really was bad.

> > > >

> > > > he was bad only 1 year and it was 85.He had a terrible summer if i recall reading a Dan Jenkins article about it but won a couple of times in 86 and 87. he had a great major run at that point something like 5-6 straight top 5s in majors but maybe im off on that

> > >

> > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > > OR you can go back to this parallel. Ben Crenshaw. He came out on the tour with average length and great putting prowess. He was the next big thing and won the Masters in 1984. Then he played well sporadically - I remember seeing him play in Canada on a satellite tour - winning an occasional tournament then and there and finished with a bang winning the Masters again in 1995. He didn't have the long game to put together with his brilliant putting to be the dominant major player that you all see in Jordan Spieth.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He was the next big thing out of college and won his first event on tour as I recall. He won 19 times on tour and is in the hall of fame. When did he ever play a satellite tour?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Might have been the Canadian PGA championship - not a tour event. He struggled for awhile after his divorce.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > no he really didnt. he won his first masters during his marriage troubles and threatened at plenty of majors after that. he could have easily won 2 more masters. he won 8 times after his divorce including his last masters.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll say this about gvogel's comments. Crenshaw in '82 & '85 was awful. Whether it was the divorce or not he really was bad.

> > > >

> > > > he was bad only 1 year and it was 85.He had a terrible summer if i recall reading a Dan Jenkins article about it but won a couple of times in 86 and 87. he had a great major run at that point something like 5-6 straight top 5s in majors but maybe im off on that

> > >

> > > We can look at his results from '82 on PGA tours website. After winning $237k and $151k his first two years he made $54k in 22 events in 1982. That is pretty **** bad.

> > >

> > > His finishes on the money list-1982 was not as bad as '85 but it was bad by his standards.

> > > 1980 5

> > > 1981 20

> > > 1982 85

> > > 1983 7

> > > 1984 16

> > > 1985 149

> > >

> >

> > I know these #s but appreciate you posting them.He still had like 8 top 25 finishes in 82 and a 4th and 5th place finish so by his standards sure bad but still within the top 75 but 85 i agree was a disaster.He really bounced back after that in 86-87 but your point is taken

>

> '85 was a disaster. '82 was just horrible for a top player?

> **PS how can you say he was in the top 75 when I posted a link and the numbers that he was 85th?**

>

> Back to the scheduled focusing. ?

> Jordan will be back when her wins. Any event.

>

> PSS for Spieth the last two years have been a horrible disaster. ?

its obviously a typo Shil...

> @lowheel said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > > > OR you can go back to this parallel. Ben Crenshaw. He came out on the tour with average length and great putting prowess. He was the next big thing and won the Masters in 1984. Then he played well sporadically - I remember seeing him play in Canada on a satellite tour - winning an occasional tournament then and there and finished with a bang winning the Masters again in 1995. He didn't have the long game to put together with his brilliant putting to be the dominant major player that you all see in Jordan Spieth.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He was the next big thing out of college and won his first event on tour as I recall. He won 19 times on tour and is in the hall of fame. When did he ever play a satellite tour?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Might have been the Canadian PGA championship - not a tour event. He struggled for awhile after his divorce.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > no he really didnt. he won his first masters during his marriage troubles and threatened at plenty of majors after that. he could have easily won 2 more masters. he won 8 times after his divorce including his last masters.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll say this about gvogel's comments. Crenshaw in '82 & '85 was awful. Whether it was the divorce or not he really was bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > he was bad only 1 year and it was 85.He had a terrible summer if i recall reading a Dan Jenkins article about it but won a couple of times in 86 and 87. he had a great major run at that point something like 5-6 straight top 5s in majors but maybe im off on that

> > > >

> > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > > > > > OR you can go back to this parallel. Ben Crenshaw. He came out on the tour with average length and great putting prowess. He was the next big thing and won the Masters in 1984. Then he played well sporadically - I remember seeing him play in Canada on a satellite tour - winning an occasional tournament then and there and finished with a bang winning the Masters again in 1995. He didn't have the long game to put together with his brilliant putting to be the dominant major player that you all see in Jordan Spieth.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > He was the next big thing out of college and won his first event on tour as I recall. He won 19 times on tour and is in the hall of fame. When did he ever play a satellite tour?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Might have been the Canadian PGA championship - not a tour event. He struggled for awhile after his divorce.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > no he really didnt. he won his first masters during his marriage troubles and threatened at plenty of majors after that. he could have easily won 2 more masters. he won 8 times after his divorce including his last masters.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll say this about gvogel's comments. Crenshaw in '82 & '85 was awful. Whether it was the divorce or not he really was bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > he was bad only 1 year and it was 85.He had a terrible summer if i recall reading a Dan Jenkins article about it but won a couple of times in 86 and 87. he had a great major run at that point something like 5-6 straight top 5s in majors but maybe im off on that

> > > >

> > > > We can look at his results from '82 on PGA tours website. After winning $237k and $151k his first two years he made $54k in 22 events in 1982. That is pretty **** bad.

> > > >

> > > > His finishes on the money list-1982 was not as bad as '85 but it was bad by his standards.

> > > > 1980 5

> > > > 1981 20

> > > > 1982 85

> > > > 1983 7

> > > > 1984 16

> > > > 1985 149

> > > >

> > >

> > > I know these #s but appreciate you posting them.He still had like 8 top 25 finishes in 82 and a 4th and 5th place finish so by his standards sure bad but still within the top 75 but 85 i agree was a disaster.He really bounced back after that in 86-87 but your point is taken

> >

> > '85 was a disaster. '82 was just horrible for a top player?

> > **PS how can you say he was in the top 75 when I posted a link and the numbers that he was 85th?**

> >

> > Back to the scheduled focusing. ?

> > Jordan will be back when her wins. Any event.

> >

> > PSS for Spieth the last two years have been a horrible disaster. ?

>

> its obviously a typo Shil...

>

>

In the immortal words of Yogi Berra, typo my butt... It was a perfect 7 and a perfect 5. :)

And yes I'm joshing with you...

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @bladehunter said:

Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> @Aren said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

>

>

> Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> @Ferguson said:

> > @Aren said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> >

> >

> > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

>

> Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> @tsecor said:

> Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

>

> I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @Aren said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > >

> > >

> > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> >

> > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

>

>

Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

--Speculation.

why would anyone need counseling for that?

--Because it works.

20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

--If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

--his life changed after marriage.

Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

--but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

--He's no friend of mine.

Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> >

> > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > >

> > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> >

> >

>

> Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> --Speculation.

>

> why would anyone need counseling for that?

> --Because it works.

>

> 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

>

> Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> --his life changed after marriage.

>

> Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

>

> Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> --He's no friend of mine.

>

>

> @tsecor said:

> Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > >

> > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > > >

> > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > --Speculation.

> >

> > why would anyone need counseling for that?

> > --Because it works.

> >

> > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> >

> > Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> > --his life changed after marriage.

> >

> > Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> > --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

> >

> > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > --He's no friend of mine.

> >

> >

>

>

I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

Proud to say - I am happily married.

Now, as it relates to golf: The statisticians would disagree.

You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-pga-tour-wives#17

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > >

> > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > --Speculation.

> > >

> > > why would anyone need counseling for that?

> > > --Because it works.

> > >

> > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > >

> > > Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> > > --his life changed after marriage.

> > >

> > > Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> > > --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

> > >

> > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > --He's no friend of mine.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> Proud to say - I am happily married.

>

>

> Now, as it relates to golf: The statisticians would disagree.

> You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

>

> With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

>

> @tsecor said:

> define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-pga-tour-wives#17

>

>

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > >

> > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > --Speculation.

> > > >

> > > > why would anyone need counseling for that?

> > > > --Because it works.

> > > >

> > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> > > > --his life changed after marriage.

> > > >

> > > > Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> > > > --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

> > > >

> > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > --He's no friend of mine.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > Proud to say - I am happily married.

> >

> >

> > Now, as it relates to golf: The statisticians would disagree.

> > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> >

> > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> >

>

>

Jordan is not hall of fame player today.

In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-pga-tour-wives#17

> >

> >

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > > --Speculation.

> > > > >

> > > > > why would anyone need counseling for that?

> > > > > --Because it works.

> > > > >

> > > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> > > > > --his life changed after marriage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> > > > > --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

> > > > >

> > > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > > --He's no friend of mine.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > > Proud to say - I am happily married.

> > >

> > >

> > > Now, as it relates to golf: The statisticians would disagree.

> > > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> > >

> > > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Jordan is not hall of fame player today.

>

> In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

Go read post (edit) #1063. Pretty sure you are saying something is WRONG with his personal life. It may be true that he's focusing less on golf. It doen't mean there is something wrong with his personal life. You treat other's "maybe" as speculation whereas your seem to think your speculation is a fact just because the odds may favor it (I get the look at the math comment).

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> >

> >

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > > --Speculation.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > >

> > >

> > > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> > >

> > > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

> In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

129n3tmh3ddk.jpeg

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-pga-tour-wives#17

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > > > --Speculation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > why would anyone need counseling for that?

> > > > > > --Because it works.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> > > > > > --his life changed after marriage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> > > > > > --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > > > --He's no friend of mine.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > > > Proud to say - I am happily married.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Now, as it relates to golf: The statisticians would disagree.

> > > > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> > > >

> > > > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Jordan is not hall of fame player today.

> >

> > In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

> Go read post (edit) #1063. Pretty sure you are saying something is WRONG with his personal life. It may be true that he's focusing less on golf. It doen't mean there is something wrong with his personal life. You treat other's "maybe" as speculation whereas your seem to think your speculation is a fact just because the odds may favor it (I get the look at the math comment).

**Re: just because the odds may favor it (I get the look at the math comment).**

Look no further than the multiple threads and discussions about great players. Those threads gets bull-rushed by a plethora of statistics to support a WRXer's basis of opinion. Look at any Ben Hogan thread. My gosh, the data are overwhelming.

Is this any different?

Are you saying that "the process" of presenting statistics should be "tossed out the window" when it comes to discussions regarding the probability of personal issues in the life of Jordan and the possible impact of those issues on his game?

You can't have it both ways.

Math provides the straight line to answers.

The stats are not in his favor.

Fair enough on most points as your definition of success is your own but convenient. Seems your definition is based on "life" not just golf. So, to me, you are trending towards my point a bit. But your take on him not being a HOF player IMO is way off Since you base a lot of what you are saying on stats.....his stats are better than a lot of people already in the HOF.

Every great golfer has a period where their games have "soured". Its typical. I agree it seems he has lost some focus, but its really just our opinion. only Spieth can answer that.

Once again, you mention marriage and kids.... I don't see any correlation outside of your take on his personal life and these issues you think (don't know) that he has. > @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> >

> >

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > --Speculation.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

> @Ferguson said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> > > > https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-pga-tour-wives#17

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > > > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Aren said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sage advice for a long and happy marriage.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > > > > --Speculation.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > why would anyone need counseling for that?

> > > > > > > --Because it works.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > > > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows.

> > > > > > > --his life changed after marriage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....

> > > > > > > --but he stumbled at the US OPEN?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > > > > --He's no friend of mine.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > > > > Proud to say - I am happily married.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, as it relates to golf: The statisticians would disagree.

> > > > > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> > > > >

> > > > > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Jordan is not hall of fame player today.

> > >

> > > In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

> > Go read post (edit) #1063. Pretty sure you are saying something is WRONG with his personal life. It may be true that he's focusing less on golf. It doen't mean there is something wrong with his personal life. You treat other's "maybe" as speculation whereas your seem to think your speculation is a fact just because the odds may favor it (I get the look at the math comment).

>

>

> **Re: just because the odds may favor it (I get the look at the math comment).**

>

> Look no further than the multiple threads and discussions about great players. Those threads gets bull-rushed by a plethora of statistics to support a WRXer's basis of opinion. Look at any Ben Hogan thread. My gosh, the data are overwhelming.

>

> Is this any different?

>

> Are you saying that "the process" of presenting statistics should be "tossed out the window" when it comes to discussions regarding the probability of personal issues in the life of Jordan and the possible impact of those issues on his game?

>

> You can't have it both ways.

>

> Math provides the straight line to answers.

> The stats are not in his favor.

I'm all for stats and playing the odds.

But there is a difference between saying "If I had to play the odds, I'd say X is the problem" vs. saying "X is the problem" as if it were a fact. You seem to do the later in the above mentioned post, although it does not seem backed by any definitive proof.

> @rafal said:

> > @Drewsky34 said:

> > Did anyone see his triple bogey on 14 today? I missed it but how can you make a triple bogey on a 515 yard par 5? This is getting bad.

>

> When you destroy the major winning swing and get over your head with "tour life" and untimely marriage.

Is this speculation or are their rumors and/or articles?

> @tsecor said:

> Fair enough on most points as your definition of success is your own. but your take on him not being a HOF player IMO is way off Since you base a lot of what you are saying on stats.....his stats are better than a lot of people already in the HOF. > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> > > >

> > > > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

>

>

Fred Couples lowered the bar for the HOF.

That is argument enough to remove the Hall of Fame from what statistically defines a career.

Let's use a real benchmark: Phil Mickelson

I don't like Phil but he was a grinder.

He played through a bunch of stuff in his life and still won a lot.

Will Jordan win as much as Phil?

Heck no.

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> Go read post (edit) #1063. Pretty sure you are saying something is WRONG with his personal life. It may be true that he's focusing less on golf. It doen't mean there is something wrong with his personal life. You treat other's "maybe" as speculation whereas your seem to think your speculation is a fact just because the odds may favor it (I get the look at the math comment).

agreed. And I am curious why Fergy comes off as having some inside scoop....I am hoping Fergy turns out to be Spieth on the DL or something :)

If you look at it this way there is nothing wrong with Jordan.......

He is like Koepka's mini me. Does not care about regular events and plays better in majors. Well, he still does not win but he does play better.

2018 majors 3-CUT-9-12

2019 majors 21-3-65

Not great but shows better at the majors?!?!?!

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Shilgy said:

> If you look at it this way there is nothing wrong with Jordan.......

> He is like Koepka's mini me. Does not care about regular events and plays better in majors. Well, he still does not win but he does play better.

> 2018 majors 3-CUT-9-12

> 2019 majors 21-3-65

> Not great but shows better at the majors?!?!?!

I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Fair enough on most points as your definition of success is your own. but your take on him not being a HOF player IMO is way off Since you base a lot of what you are saying on stats.....his stats are better than a lot of people already in the HOF. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > define successful career.....is that 30 wins and 3 majors? 40 wins? 16 wins? is successful defined as only HALL OF FAME? I think that statement is once again a huge assumption based on your personal views, but maybe not reality. Here are some pga tour wives....I would think most of these guys are considered "successful" PGA players...but ultimately your definition of "successful" needs to be outlined. For me, spending your career on the PGA tour, earning a living, supporting your family and becoming a career multimillionaire is one definition of successful. Spieth is already HOF material, married, muti millionaire 10x over, 3 time major winner by 25 yrs old.....yea, he is successful.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > Hence the words MAYBE.....its ALL speculation. Only Jordan can answer those assumptions you have made. Its obvious your take on marriage is very negative. That's fine. Most people seem to lean that way at some point. Marriage isn't for everyone.

> > > > > > So if Rory doesn't win every tournament, he stumbled? He may be having the best season of any player on tour right now. We'll see how the rest of the year pans out. Spieth is 25, not 45 so he is far from done in my opinion, but if he is CHOOSING to focus more on family, kudos to him. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf......why would anyone need counseling for that? 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling? Maybe we are seeing him make a life choice....who knows. Same thing was said about Rory and then he wins the next week....Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him. who truly knows. when he misses a 2 footer, its hard not to think negatively.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I did see this stat in Golf Digest yesterday....."Spieth's overall putting numbers have actually been quite good this season (top 7 on tour in sg: putting, putting average and one-putt percentage). But if one thing has been lacking it's been the short putts, which has led to a total of 31 three-putts on the season. He's currently a distant 103rd in three-putt avoidance on the year, a problem dating back to the 2018 season, when he finished 141st in that same category. The previous three years he finished 7th, 22nd and 37th.

> > > > > > > > As for long distance, Spieth has been as good as he's ever been, ranking 1st on tour in putting from 20-25 feet."

> > > > > > > > > > Never make anything a contest , always give more than you take , when in doubt take the blame ,lol and think more of the other person than yourself. I told a guy this once and he looked at me strange. I said “ if you wouldn’t take a bullet for her don’t do it .... if you have to think. Don’t do it. “. That being said. I’ve met plenty I wanted to put a bullet in. So just an easy thing to me.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Jordan needs to get his personal life in order. I'm sure the PGA offers professional counseling.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Maybe his personal life is in great order and his main focus is on his family and not as much golf

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 20 years from now if we look back and he has multiple kids and has 3 majors and 30 career wins, is still a multimillionaire and is completely content with his life, is anyone gonna say he needed counseling?

> > > > > > > --If it works, and he succeeds, they will say he did the right thing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then again, maybe Ferguson is Spieths best friend and none of know anything but him.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said marriage is negative and I have never taken a negative stance on marriage.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You have got to side with the math. Let me repeat – you have got to side with the math.

> > > > >

> > > > > With a few exceptions, the numbers do not favor a modern pro golfer holding down a successful marriage and a successful career concurrently.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > In my eyes, success is not a plateau of money or wins. A successful career is the "ability" to manage both work and family with consistency over time. I'm talking time T. Jordan is showing he can't manage both right now. He had some strong early success in terms of wins but his game has "soured" recently. What that shows me, and the statisticians would agree, is that he has lost his focus. This will not get better on its own. He must make an "impact style" change. Much the same, history has shown, adding children doesn't "fix a marriage."

> >

> >

>

> Fred Couples lowered the bar for the HOF.

> That is argument enough to remove the Hall of Fame from what statistically defines a career.

>

> Let's use a real benchmark: Phil Mickelson

> I don't like Phil but he was a grinder.

> He played through a bunch of stuff in his life and still won a lot.

>

> Will Jordan win as much as Phil?

> Heck no.

In fairness, we don't have any reason to currently think Spieth won't win as much as Lefty. He has 3 majors and 14 wins. They are both 1 major short of the grand slam. Conservatively, Spieth has 20 years left to play golf. If he plays like Phil, he has 25, minimum. If he wins a tournament or two per year, he gets to the total win mark. And he would have 100 chances to win 2 majors. Maybe he won't, but maybe he will. It certainly isn't far fetched.

As far as marriage and success...the statistics for great players are 90% against you, and that's being generous. The two most successful golfers ever; one is still married and by all accounts an amazing, father, husband, family man. The other, not so much. Palmer was married and successful. Gary Player has been married for 60 years. Phil is still married to his wife of like 25 years. Ernie Els, 21 years. Tom Watson's first wife, 25 years (including all of his majors). As far as modern "stars" only Dustin qualifies, but he has been with Paulina for almost 7 years, including all of his best golf. The exceptions are Trevino and Tiger. If you're talking about the young guys, the jury is still out. Maybe there is an adjustment period that the eventually get through and return to their peak, maybe they won't.

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

Phil is YOUR benchmark for the HOF? lol.....one of the elite golfers of all time? wow....the HOF would have like 10 guys in it if you were the deciding vote> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Fair enough on most points as your definition of success is your own. but your take on him not being a HOF player IMO is way off Since you base a lot of what you are saying on stats.....his stats are better than a lot of people already in the HOF. > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Fred Couples lowered the bar for the HOF.

> That is argument enough to remove the Hall of Fame from what statistically defines a career.

>

> Let's use a real benchmark: Phil Mickelson

> I don't like Phil but he was a grinder.

> He played through a bunch of stuff in his life and still won a lot.

>

> Will Jordan win as much as Phil?

> Heck no.

> @tsecor said:

> Phil is YOUR benchmark for the HOF? lol.....one of the elite golfers of all time? wow....the HOF would have like 10 guys in it if you were the deciding vote> @Ferguson said:

>

>

Well it isn't the Hall of Really Good. The Hall of Fame should be for greats of the game. Phil's career might be a little high to set the bar but I think 20 wins and 2 majors should be the arbitrary numbers for my Hall.

> @johnseg said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Phil is YOUR benchmark for the HOF? lol.....one of the elite golfers of all time? wow....the HOF would have like 10 guys in it if you were the deciding vote> @Ferguson said:

>

> >

> >

>

> Well it isn't the Hall of Really Good. The Hall of Fame should be for greats of the game. Phil's career might be a little high to set the bar but I think 20 wins and 2 majors should be the arbitrary numbers for my Hall.

Agree. The ingredients should be 2 majors minimum. One can be flukish. 2 can’t. And I’d go along with 20 wins. Could be worldwide wins. But 20 pro tour wins.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock