T1100 Smoke/Hulk is here....

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @radiman said:

> > > Played 9 holes last night with this combo. I am fully committing to this setup. It has been the best combo for distance and dispersion I have had in a while. The ball never really seems to make any drastic changes in direction. If it fades, it is slightly. Same with the draws. I am not hitting any drastic hooks or slices with it. Almost like it’s hard for me to overdo it. Still have to put a good swing on it. But, so far, it’s been point and shoot for me.

> > >

> > > This season has been a pretty terrible start for me. I don’t know if my swing clicked when I put this in play, or if the shaft just happens to be a great fit for me. Either way, my driving has improved drastically in the few rounds I have had with this shaft in play. I am so confident with it that I sold my other shafts and don’t have any other options to switch out to should I have the urge.

> > >

> >

> > how's the flight with regards to launch and apex?

>

> Gio, You going 60g or 70g? I believe you're in the same ball park as me speed wise (120-122 controlling it and 130 going for it)?

based on his sentiments...i'll prolly go 60g tx...but have to tip it to help get the flight down a bit. i hit the ball pretty high as well.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Man, I just wish I had an LM to give you guys some hard data. Because, for me, this thing is straight up performing.

I've never been the most accurate driver of the ball. To have something that seems to minimize my misses is exciting.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @radiman said:

> > Man, I just wish I had an LM to give you guys some hard data. Because, for me, this thing is straight up performing.

> >

> > I've never been the most accurate driver of the ball. To have something that seems to minimize my misses is exciting.

>

> More accurate than PO?

For me, yes. The PO was a ball speed monster for me. But, I was getting a lot more curvature than I wanted. Could have been the counter-balance. Who knows.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @mjbaker80 said:

> Could not agree more on the PO. An absolute animal but an untamed animal in my hands

PO gets fast ball speeds because of the counterbalance effect but dispersion typically suffers which is why it doesn't stick long.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @RobYakes said:

> Mine came in the mail last night. Can't wait to go get it on the course.

> jbihcc1bp428.jpg

>

You gotta report back how you like it. I see you went with the 60 6.0. What’s ballspeed/SS/transition like? I’ve been thinking about going with the 6.0 6.5.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Did some testing on this today, quick numbers but my first 2 swings the carry was 290+. Need to do a little more testing but the shaft doesn’t "feel" as stiff as the T1100 although by the freq/cpm it is. Anything with T1100 in the past has felt boardy to me. (HzrdusT1100, GD GP, EF White) Sounds like this new HexTow HM63 fiber they are using is an answer to MRC’s MR70. Stable and very smooth.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

Was testing the 70 6.5TX small batch FYI

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > Was testing the 70 6.5TX small batch FYI

>

> I'm hoping you're 125+ and aggressive or this is discouraging. Was hoping to maintain a lot of that "stiff" feeling that made the OG T1100 so good.

Nope i'm only about 116-117 but with a strong load. It is still very stiff according to the CPM/Freq (pretty much the same as the T1100) but doesn't feel like you need to give it 110% like the Hzrdus T1100 does.

• Like 1

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > Was testing the 70 6.5TX small batch FYI

>

> I'm hoping you're 125+ and aggressive or this is discouraging. Was hoping to maintain a lot of that "stiff" feeling that made the OG T1100 so good.

I never hit the t1100. This is firm. But, if you're looking for rebar, this isn't it. Maybe performs like rebar, but feels pretty good.

From what I've read, this isn't replacing the t1100 as much as complimenting it to broaden their player base. Plus, if you're really wanting a tight feel, tip it a bunch :smile:

Love seeing more feedback come in on this.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Concur with some others here, the T1100 was never as beefy-feeling to me as it was marketed. Thought it felt quite good actually and I’d like to pick up another or two at some point. HZRDUS Black seemed harder to squeeze anything out of even with full-bore swings.

Will be interesting to see what the take up is on Tour for the Hulk especially since there’s a number of guys still rocking with the T1100 in various clubs.

> @radiman said:

> Man, I just wish I had an LM to give you guys some hard data. Because, for me, this thing is straight up performing.

>

> I've never been the most accurate driver of the ball. To have something that seems to minimize my misses is exciting.

You think this will be an available option for you in December or if you will be allowed to use this one for your fitting and gamer then?

> @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > > Was testing the 70 6.5TX small batch FYI

> >

> > I'm hoping you're 125+ and aggressive or this is discouraging. Was hoping to maintain a lot of that "stiff" feeling that made the OG T1100 so good.

>

> Nope i'm only about 116-117 but with a strong load. It is still very stiff according to the CPM/Freq (pretty much the same as the T1100) but doesn't feel like you need to give it 110% like the Hzrdus T1100 does.

How much did you tip it and what's the playing length?

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @radiman said:

> > Man, I just wish I had an LM to give you guys some hard data. Because, for me, this thing is straight up performing.

> >

> > I've never been the most accurate driver of the ball. To have something that seems to minimize my misses is exciting.

>

> You think this will be an available option for you in December or if you will be allowed to use this one for your fitting and gamer then?

Not sure. Probably just keep this regardless.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I wanted to play and test this shaft before I commented on it. I now have 3 range sessions and a round of golf at one of the toughest courses at Myrtle beach (Dye club) under my belt with the 70tx green. First a little about myself.. I am 36 and I have been playing all my life. Handicap currently at 2 but I don’t get to play very often. I do hit lots of balls however. I can swing 130+.. golf swing is generally around 120-125. Moderate to hard loader. I purchased this shaft from Bryant at myclubmaker.com and he has a few weights and flex’s still in stock.

We decided on tipping 1.25” because my t1100 85 is 1” and this is supposed to be slightly easier to load. Installed it in my 8 degree tour m6 head. I think this is perfect for me because I have never gotten along too well with counterbalanced shafts (not counting the t1100), and this not being one had piqued my interest.

I don’t have any hard data as of yet but I flighted the ball with ease in the 15-20 constant wind at the course yesterday. It was also very long and consistent. Had some very very long drives .I did have two bad drives (user error) and one came from trying to ride a line with the wind on a dogleg right and the wind didn’t touch it and it ended up ob.

When it comes to shafts , you name it and I have tried it. Most recent gamers are synergy black proto, rogue silver 130, and the t1100 85. Synergy black is ultra low spin but I can turn it over a little too much at times. The rogue 130 feels firm but I can overpower it and partial shots I tend to lose right. The t1100 is about perfect for me in firmness and spin, but the counterbalance I feel robs me of some control.

This smoke green is so far looking like it’s going to replace all of them. It feels smooth but stable, firm but yet responsive, with no real definitive kick through my swing. Feels really one piece. I love how I can step on it and it will hold its line with zero ballooning. Into the wind, downwind, crosswinds, it does what it’s told to do, zero surprises. If you like a shaft that really kicks through the ball, this ain’t it chief. If I could possibly compare it to one shaft I have played successfully in the past it would be the p9003tx but slightly lower spin and approx same launch. Slightly firmer feel in the hands. I can’t wait to test it again.

Taylormade m6 8.0  t1100 85 6.5
Taylormade m5 15   T1100 95 6.5
Pxg gen 2 x 3 iron 
Miura MC 501 raw 4-w Nippon spb x
Miura 51 55 59 wedges s400 
Slighter custom Tacoma

> @budcangolf said:

> > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > > > Was testing the 70 6.5TX small batch FYI

> > >

> > > I'm hoping you're 125+ and aggressive or this is discouraging. Was hoping to maintain a lot of that "stiff" feeling that made the OG T1100 so good.

> >

> > Nope i'm only about 116-117 but with a strong load. It is still very stiff according to the CPM/Freq (pretty much the same as the T1100) but doesn't feel like you need to give it 110% like the Hzrdus T1100 does.

>

>

> How much did you tip it and what's the playing length?

Haven't built one just working with some demos, I'd likely go untipped and play it at my normal 44.5" D3-4 swingweight.

Just to clear some stuff up, YES THIS SHAFT IS STIFF.

Its likely too stiff for me in this flex but it doesn't feel quite as demanding as the T1100, although not much different.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Hmm.... all this talk of the Hulk NOT being too stout is making me wonder if a TX would NOT be insane? Then again, you guys are significantly faster than I, I always have an eye for the TX models because the torque is lower....

Pretty excited to get this bad boy out there.... especially after 400+yards posts as he's tried all the shafts that I have..... so, to hear it might be the winner made me pretty jazzed.

> @"400yards+" said:

> I wanted to play and test this shaft before I commented on it. I now have 3 range sessions and a round of golf at one of the toughest courses at Myrtle beach (Dye club) under my belt with the 70tx green. First a little about myself.. I am 36 and I have been playing all my life. Handicap currently at 2 but I don’t get to play very often. I do hit lots of balls however. I can swing 130+.. golf swing is generally around 120-125. Moderate to hard loader. I purchased this shaft from Bryant at myclubmaker.com and he has a few weights and flex’s still in stock.

>

> We decided on tipping 1.25” because my t1100 85 is 1” and this is supposed to be slightly easier to load. Installed it in my 8 degree tour m6 head. I think this is perfect for me because I have never gotten along too well with counterbalanced shafts (not counting the t1100), and this not being one had piqued my interest.

>

> I don’t have any hard data as of yet but I flighted the ball with ease in the 15-20 constant wind at the course yesterday. It was also very long and consistent. Had some very very long drives .I did have two bad drives (user error) and one came from trying to ride a line with the wind on a dogleg right and the wind didn’t touch it and it ended up ob.

>

> When it comes to shafts , you name it and I have tried it. Most recent gamers are synergy black proto, rogue silver 130, and the t1100 85. Synergy black is ultra low spin but I can turn it over a little too much at times. The rogue 130 feels firm but I can overpower it and partial shots I tend to lose right. The t1100 is about perfect for me in firmness and spin, but the counterbalance I feel robs me of some control.

> This smoke green is so far looking like it’s going to replace all of them. It feels smooth but stable, firm but yet responsive, with no real definitive kick through my swing. Feels really one piece. I love how I can step on it and it will hold its line with zero ballooning. Into the wind, downwind, crosswinds, it does what it’s told to do, zero surprises. If you like a shaft that really kicks through the ball, this ain’t it chief. If I could possibly compare it to one shaft I have played successfully in the past it would be the p9003tx but slightly lower spin and approx same launch. Slightly firmer feel in the hands. I can’t wait to test it again.

Love this feedback and sounds right up my alley

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I have a 70 6.5 TX in the matte smoke finish on the way to test. Will report back with feedback/review.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Just got done with first round with a 70g 6.5 TX in a PXG Gen 2 0811 x 9*.

BOMBS

Very tip stiif but not tip heavy, so it was an easier swing than my HC HZRDUS Black that I've been using forever and produced even better results. Think I found a winner. Will post some trackman numbers with context when I have time for a session.

sb0cd1cv80k5.jpg

v128n8oha5ot.jpg

mgj1rc4nt5ws.jpg

skdbzyjhozwd.jpg

> @mBiden2 said:

> You gotta report back how you like it. I see you went with the 60 6.0. What’s ballspeed/SS/transition like? I’ve been thinking about going with the 6.0 6.5.

Took my 60g 6.0 out on the course today. I’m about 105-108SS tops with a smooth transition (your average “swinger” not “hitter”) and my experience on-course was the same as what I had seen on the range on Fri night. Good swings led to a boring ball flight, slight fade (which is my shot shape) and low/med penetrating traj with tons of roll out. Beautiful shaft to look down at and an absolute spin killer. Even some of my swipe-y cuts weren’t punished horribly. The 6.0 without tipping is as stout as anything I’ve ever played and feels stiffer than my 6.5 HZRDUS Black in my 3 wood. Really want this to kick my Fuji Evo II 661X out of the bag but I’ll have to take it for a few more test drives to get used to it. It’s not quite boardy, just extremely stiff all the way thru the shaft (hard to describe). And coming from the livelier Evo II it’s a different feeling.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

Looks like it’s time for my 112-114/168-170 to take a test drive on the 70 6.5, non-TX.

I think based several conversations with the best dudes like JD, Gio, and JoJo, I feel because I’m more of a smoothie, the untipped will be the way to go.

Especially since the TX apparently plays 2 cycles firmer and is geared towards the 180BS dudes.