T1100 Smoke/Hulk is here....

Mine arrived today. Going to give the 6.5 Tx a go. JD from JD's Clubs customer service goes above and beyond. He even took the time to text with me to make sure everything was exactly what I wanted. Now all I need is my new driver to arrive.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Sounds like I'm not crazy and it is launching higher for others too! I'm not giving up on it, but, time to tip....

I think it's worth remembering that on tour tipping usually STARTS at 1/2 inch. You gotta figure that when these shafts are made, they consider that especially with a shaft like this that is designed with the Tour in mind..... I bought a D+ a while back and the thing spun like a top so I had to tip that too. The one shaft that I STARTED with tipped...Atmos Black hits bullets.

I’ll throw in my 2 cents. I might be coming from a different place as I switched from an OG HAZARDUS yellow 6.5. I got the ‘Hulk’ in 70g and 6.5 (not TX). For me, it has helped take the left side miss out of play. I’ve seen no loss of distance or increased height or spin. I paired it with a 10.5 Flash SZ head. At least one other guy I play with is looking to order a Hulk after hitting mine.

It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Any more updates on this shaft's performance. I'm curious about the spin. It sounds like people are experiencing higher-than-expected launch and I'm wondering if it also spins more.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

> @Weston11 said:

> Any more updates on this shaft's performance. I'm curious about the spin. It sounds like people are experiencing higher-than-expected launch and I'm wondering if it also spins more.

If the shaft is creating the higher launch then it is also creating higher spin. The only exception to this is if you're striking higher on the face (not directly related to the shaft) or presenting more loft at impact (also not directly related to the shaft). A shaft's feel and weight can influence these two factors however, but that influence will be very specific to the user. This is important because if anyone claims that a shaft decouples their launch and spin (e.g. higher launch and lower spin or lower launch and higher spin) then you know there are other factors at play that may not apply to you.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

While they are similar in profile, they could feel very different right? Honest question, not a shaft guru here.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Is this available in an 80 gram weight? Sounds like it would make an interesting fairway shaft. I like a high launch with fairways.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

>

> While they are similar in profile, they could feel very different right? Honest question, not a shaft guru here.

Different materials and lower torque in the HZRDUS Smoke Green would lead to different feel I would assume.

> @BottleCap said:

> Is this available in an 80 gram weight? Sounds like it would make an interesting fairway shaft. I like a high launch with fairways.

It looks like only up to 70g. And don't get me wrong, I highly doubt anyone would consider this a high or "higher" launching shaft. I think the expectation with the marketing build up was that it was going to be the lowest, stiffest thing ever, so anything other than that would be considered "higher". It is still a very stout, linear profile.

Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

Not sure which flex you are looking at but the 6.5TX is stiffer in the handle and tip than the T1100 6.5. Also, don't forget that the T1100 was counter balanced so it needed additional head weight which would make the shaft flex more. No added weight needed with the Hulk to even at the same specs it will play firmer.

DB

• Like 2

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

> @TrueTemper said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

>

> Not sure which flex you are looking at but the 6.5TX is stiffer in the handle and tip than the T1100 6.5. Also, don't forget that the T1100 was counter balanced so it needed additional head weight which would make the shaft flex more. No added weight needed with the Hulk to even at the same specs it will play firmer.

>

> DB

Thanks for the info! Would the regular 6.5 be more equivalent to the T1100 6.5 then with the TX being a step above that? That would make sense then if that is the case.

Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Valtiel said:

> > > It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

> >

> > While they are similar in profile, they could feel very different right? Honest question, not a shaft guru here.

>

> Different materials and lower torque in the HZRDUS Smoke Green would lead to different feel I would assume.

>

> > @BottleCap said:

> > Is this available in an 80 gram weight? Sounds like it would make an interesting fairway shaft. I like a high launch with fairways.

>

> It looks like only up to 70g. And don't get me wrong, I highly doubt anyone would consider this a high or "higher" launching shaft. I think the expectation with the marketing build up was that it was going to be the lowest, stiffest thing ever, so anything other than that would be considered "higher". It is still a very stout, linear profile.

I think you're right, i'm going to scratch that 5 wood experiment for now.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @Valtiel said:

> > @TrueTemper said:

> > > @Valtiel said:

> > > It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

> >

> > Not sure which flex you are looking at but the 6.5TX is stiffer in the handle and tip than the T1100 6.5. Also, don't forget that the T1100 was counter balanced so it needed additional head weight which would make the shaft flex more. No added weight needed with the Hulk to even at the same specs it will play firmer.

> >

> > DB

>

> Thanks for the info! Would the regular 6.5 be more equivalent to the T1100 6.5 then with the TX being a step above that? That would make sense then if that is the case.

Yes, especially once you have swingweighted the clubs to the same spec the Hulk 6.5 and T1100 6.5 will yield similar results.

DB

WITB

I purchased a 6.0 in this shaft and requested it butt trimmed to play 44.5 in a G Max. Upon receipt of the shaft I thought it felt extremely stout for the 6.0. After looking at the amount of visible purple at the tip I came to the realization that the vendor tipped it rather than butt trimming it. I’m assuming I now have something akin to a 6.5 or 6.5 TX based on the amount of tipping necessary to get it to 44.5 playing length. Can someone more versed than myself in tipping confirm that would be an accurate conversion?

> @"Walter Sobchak" said:

> I purchased a 6.0 in this shaft and requested it butt trimmed to play 44.5 in a G Max. Upon receipt of the shaft I thought it felt extremely stout for the 6.0. After looking at the amount of visible purple at the tip I came to the realization that the vendor tipped it rather than butt trimming it. I’m assuming I now have something akin to a 6.5 or 6.5 TX based on the amount of tipping necessary to get it to 44.5 playing length. Can someone more versed than myself in tipping confirm that would be an accurate conversion?

Most adapters Ping included add about 3/8” and stock graphite shafts for woods are 46” long. Ping head adds 1.”

They would’ve had to tip it quite a bit to get to that playing length without butt cutting, and the parallel tip section is typically 3” for most shafts. Someone here who has one untipped should be able to give you a reference measurement with regard to graphics (typically the top of the red diamond is used on these shafts). That would give you what you need to go back to the retailer to make it right.

> @"Walter Sobchak" said:

> I purchased a 6.0 in this shaft and requested it butt trimmed to play 44.5 in a G Max. Upon receipt of the shaft I thought it felt extremely stout for the 6.0. After looking at the amount of visible purple at the tip I came to the realization that the vendor tipped it rather than butt trimming it. I’m assuming I now have something akin to a 6.5 or 6.5 TX based on the amount of tipping necessary to get it to 44.5 playing length. Can someone more versed than myself in tipping confirm that would be an accurate conversion?

Just so you know the purple start location isn't the same on every shaft. The way the PVD chamber works the color transitions vary quite a bit. We have some with green down to 8" from the tip and some where the green stops under the HZRDUS.

• Like 2

WITB

> @BottleCap said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Valtiel said:

> > > > It is interesting to see everyone's reaction to the shaft and then seeing the EI profile information become available. It is almost identical to the original HZRDUS Smoke with just a stiffer butt section and a *slight* increase in tip stiffness. The HZRDUS T1100 is still stiffer in both the mid and the tip which makes me wonder why they touted this as being their "stiffest profile ever". It still looks like a great shaft on paper though, so if you're looking to try one out, don't be scared that it is some behemoth. It actually looks very similar to the Tensei Pro White EI profile.

> > >

> > > While they are similar in profile, they could feel very different right? Honest question, not a shaft guru here.

> >

> > Different materials and lower torque in the HZRDUS Smoke Green would lead to different feel I would assume.

> >

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > Is this available in an 80 gram weight? Sounds like it would make an interesting fairway shaft. I like a high launch with fairways.

> >

> > It looks like only up to 70g. And don't get me wrong, I highly doubt anyone would consider this a high or "higher" launching shaft. I think the expectation with the marketing build up was that it was going to be the lowest, stiffest thing ever, so anything other than that would be considered "higher". It is still a very stout, linear profile.

>

> I think you're right, i'm going to scratch that 5 wood experiment for now.

5 woods will launch plenty on their own so worrying about the launch characteristics of a shaft there is not energy well spent. It's all about feel and weight so I wouldn't necessarily scrap it, the Smoke Green could be perfect for all you know!

Bridgestone 

I tested a 70 6.5TX and found it to be higher launch and similar spin to both my Accra TZ5 and TZ6. Dispeesion was slightly worse than both for me as well.

For me it didn't beat out either Accra overall. Very different feel than the old T1100. The matte black looks awesome though. It will be on the BST soon

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

> @osubuckeyes691 said:

> I tested a 70 6.5TX and found it to be higher launch and similar spin to both my Accra TZ5 and TZ6. Dispeesion was slightly worse than both for me as well.

>

> For me it didn't beat out either Accra overall. Very different feel than the old T1100. The matte black looks awesome though. It will be on the BST soon

Interesting to hear after testing TZ5 & TZ6 I found the opposite results. All great shafts that can suit a variety of swing profiles.

> @osubuckeyes691 said:

> I tested a 70 6.5TX and found it to be higher launch and similar spin to both my Accra TZ5 and TZ6. Dispeesion was slightly worse than both for me as well.

>

> For me it didn't beat out either Accra overall. Very different feel than the old T1100. The matte black looks awesome though. It will be on the BST soon

What specs did you build (tipping, weight, etc.) on your TZ5, and what is your SS?

TZ5 is 65 M5. Untipped.

TZ6 is 65 M5. Untipped

Hulk was 70 6.5TX untipped. I left the hulk quite a bit longer in case I wanted to tip it so I know the swing weight was a bit heavier but the winner was still pretty clear IMO.

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @osubuckeyes691 said:

> > I tested a 70 6.5TX and found it to be higher launch and similar spin to both my Accra TZ5 and TZ6. Dispeesion was slightly worse than both for me as well.

> >

> > For me it didn't beat out either Accra overall. Very different feel than the old T1100. The matte black looks awesome though. It will be on the BST soon

>

> What specs did you build (tipping, weight, etc.) on your TZ5, and what is your SS?

>

>

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

The TZ5 felt a little numb and boardy to me even in the M4 flex so I don’t think I was loading it enough or it didn’t suit my swing. The smoke green feels slightly livelier to me but still very stable

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

I hated the TZ6. I was told that would be great for me because I love the Pro Orange. Played one round with the TZ6 (more like 3 rounds) and I put driver away. From what I've seen people who like the Tensei's seem to like the Green Smoke and people who like the new TZ's do not. Could be wrong, but just an observation.

> @gambit said:

> I hated the TZ6. I was told that would be great for me because I love the Pro Orange. Played one round with the TZ6 (more like 3 rounds) and I put driver away. From what I've seen people who like the Tensei's seem to like the Green Smoke and people who like the new TZ's do not. Could be wrong, but just an observation.

I love Tensei PO and TZ5, did not get along with Smoke Green at all.

• Like 1

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @gambit said:

> > I hated the TZ6. I was told that would be great for me because I love the Pro Orange. Played one round with the TZ6 (more like 3 rounds) and I put driver away. From what I've seen people who like the Tensei's seem to like the Green Smoke and people who like the new TZ's do not. Could be wrong, but just an observation.

>

> I love Tensei PO and TZ5, did not get along with Smoke Green at all.

What about it did you not like? I just got my shaft back with a new adapter yesterday so haven't tested it yet.

> @gambit said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @gambit said:

> > > I hated the TZ6. I was told that would be great for me because I love the Pro Orange. Played one round with the TZ6 (more like 3 rounds) and I put driver away. From what I've seen people who like the Tensei's seem to like the Green Smoke and people who like the new TZ's do not. Could be wrong, but just an observation.

> >

> > I love Tensei PO and TZ5, did not get along with Smoke Green at all.

>

> What about it did you not like? I just got my shaft back with a new adapter yesterday so haven't tested it yet.

It's not a bad shaft, but it could't be less of a "hulk" shaft. For me it is higher spin, higher launching, and more difficult to start on line (because it's not as stiff) as either shaft mentioned above. Was hoping this would be a T1100 with a little more "feel" as advertised. Instead it's a hype machine that for me didn't tick a single box as anticipated. But I was well aware of that going into this, do not trust the opinions of others and test for yourself. Every swing is unique and as always, YMMV. 60g TX tipped 1.25" for reference.