T1100 Smoke/Hulk is here....

> @jeffreyjenkins said:

> The yellow is the counter-balanced I thought. Also, according to website.

That is true, based off the original line, The OG T1100 was counter balanced as well. This one may not be, but I heard that and it appears my confusion is shared.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I have one that I am just waiting to get tipped up.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > Automatically tipping these low/low shafts is a mistake imo. Can’t apply the same tipping standards as other shafts either

> >

> > I know the big hitters need to do it. But I wonder how many guys ruined a good shaft by overtipping - I know I ruined many!

> >

> > I’m playing all my woods/driving irons straight in. I’d never think it, but it’s been way better than my tip stiff fetish of old

>

> If I had not hit my friends' 70tx hulk, I would've kept mine straight in. His wasn't tipped and it felt like it launched a touch high for me. since I got the 60TX, i wanted to bring it down. Tipped it accordingly. I completely agree with u tho - a lot of people tip without knowing what it COULD do in advance

did tipping change the launch and spin much? i played 2 rounds with with the tx untipped and found that unless I changed my set up and swing to hit it as low as i could, my normal swing would produce a trajectory that would cause me to be 30 -40 yards behind drives hit side by side with my other shafts. Also wondering if you could quantify the differences you found between the hulk and the pro 2.0 ts

> @schimmel said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > Automatically tipping these low/low shafts is a mistake imo. Can’t apply the same tipping standards as other shafts either

> > >

> > > I know the big hitters need to do it. But I wonder how many guys ruined a good shaft by overtipping - I know I ruined many!

> > >

> > > I’m playing all my woods/driving irons straight in. I’d never think it, but it’s been way better than my tip stiff fetish of old

> >

> > If I had not hit my friends' 70tx hulk, I would've kept mine straight in. His wasn't tipped and it felt like it launched a touch high for me. since I got the 60TX, i wanted to bring it down. Tipped it accordingly. I completely agree with u tho - a lot of people tip without knowing what it COULD do in advance

>

> did tipping change the launch and spin much? i played 2 rounds with with the tx untipped and found that unless I changed my set up and swing to hit it as low as i could, my normal swing would produce a trajectory that would cause me to be 30 -40 yards behind drives hit side by side with my other shafts. Also wondering if you could quantify the differences you found between the hulk and the pro 2.0 ts

30 or 40 yards? Something else.is.wrong

> @Shakespeare said:

> > @schimmel said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > Automatically tipping these low/low shafts is a mistake imo. Can’t apply the same tipping standards as other shafts either

> > > >

> > > > I know the big hitters need to do it. But I wonder how many guys ruined a good shaft by overtipping - I know I ruined many!

> > > >

> > > > I’m playing all my woods/driving irons straight in. I’d never think it, but it’s been way better than my tip stiff fetish of old

> > >

> > > If I had not hit my friends' 70tx hulk, I would've kept mine straight in. His wasn't tipped and it felt like it launched a touch high for me. since I got the 60TX, i wanted to bring it down. Tipped it accordingly. I completely agree with u tho - a lot of people tip without knowing what it COULD do in advance

> >

> > did tipping change the launch and spin much? i played 2 rounds with with the tx untipped and found that unless I changed my set up and swing to hit it as low as i could, my normal swing would produce a trajectory that would cause me to be 30 -40 yards behind drives hit side by side with my other shafts. Also wondering if you could quantify the differences you found between the hulk and the pro 2.0 ts

>

> 30 or 40 yards? Something else.is.wrong

Couldn't agree more

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @SMUGamer said:

> My fitter at Club Champion said the same. I needed to tip at least an inch because it’s softer than expected! > @Weston11 said:

> > I had my 70 6.5TX tipped an inch. I was going to leave it untipped, based on some of the info here, but my clubfitter said to tip it. He knows my swing and worked in the TM tour truck for years, so I trust him. Tipped an inch feels absolutely perfect for me -- not as stiff as I would have expected.

>

>

Agreed. I have a 60TX untipped and its weaker than my other X-XX shafts. Launches a touch high. Should have left the shaft a little longer and would have had the length to tip it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried/tested the Smoke Green against the Smoke Yellow 6.5TX? Would love to know any thoughts? I've had on and off days with the Smoke Yellow so far.

Titleist TS4 - Accra TZ5 65 M5 Titleist TS2 - Hzrdus T1100 75 6.5 Titleist 915 H.d 17.5 - Accra TourZ Mizuno MP-18 SC (3,-4) MP-18 (5-P) - DG AMT x100 Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 50, 54, 60 - DG s400 Ping Vault Anser

> @dowds said:

> Has anyone tried/tested the Smoke Green against the Smoke Yellow 6.5TX? Would love to know any thoughts? I've had on and off days with the Smoke Yellow so far.

Green is a whole different monster. lower spin and launch

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @dowds said:

> > Has anyone tried/tested the Smoke Green against the Smoke Yellow 6.5TX? Would love to know any thoughts? I've had on and off days with the Smoke Yellow so far.

>

> Green is a whole different monster. lower spin and launch

Agree. Im hitting the 70TX tipped an inch and its perfect so far. The stiffer the better for me.......

I've got about 12 rounds on a 60TX in an Epic Flash SZ. originally had the stock HZRDUS 60X. I've never been a fan of shafts that feel boardy or ultra low torque- though they tend to produce the best results for me. I generally have a long loose swing with a smooth transition(some might say no transition), miss left. I have struggled with spin or excessively giggling angles and really tried the green as an experiment, on paper it shouldn't fit on the course it's been impressive. I hated the feel of the original HZRDUS Black- felt too hollow and vague. The smoke black felt too soft even when tipped(all in 6.5). This thing actually feels great, smooth, extremely stand-up fear of it going left if I'm aggressive. Launch stayed where it was as far as spin and LA, it's just a much tighter dispersion. IF it comes to knocking so!drying down under the wind...... it's much easier to hit a nice flat stinger type drive with less curvature than before.

I've been so happy with the dispersion i ordered up an 80TX to try on the 410LST 3-wood. Love that club but it still spins a hair too much and wants to go left. We'll see how it works soon

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

> @JTK37 said:

> I've got about 12 rounds on a 60TX in an Epic Flash SZ. originally had the stock HZRDUS 60X. I've never been a fan of shafts that feel boardy or ultra low torque- though they tend to produce the best results for me. I generally have a long loose swing with a smooth transition(some might say no transition), miss left. I have struggled with spin or excessively giggling angles and really tried the green as an experiment, on paper it shouldn't fit on the course it's been impressive. I hated the feel of the original HZRDUS Black- felt too hollow and vague. The smoke black felt too soft even when tipped(all in 6.5). This thing actually feels great, smooth, extremely stand-up fear of it going left if I'm aggressive. Launch stayed where it was as far as spin and LA, it's just a much tighter dispersion. IF it comes to knocking so!drying down under the wind...... it's much easier to hit a nice flat stinger type drive with less curvature than before.

>

> I've been so happy with the dispersion i ordered up an 80TX to try on the 410LST 3-wood. Love that club but it still spins a hair too much and wants to go left. We'll see how it works soon

Interested in hearing how it goes in a fairway - might do the same.

> @SMUGamer said:

> > @JTK37 said:

> > I've got about 12 rounds on a 60TX in an Epic Flash SZ. originally had the stock HZRDUS 60X. I've never been a fan of shafts that feel boardy or ultra low torque- though they tend to produce the best results for me. I generally have a long loose swing with a smooth transition(some might say no transition), miss left. I have struggled with spin or excessively giggling angles and really tried the green as an experiment, on paper it shouldn't fit on the course it's been impressive. I hated the feel of the original HZRDUS Black- felt too hollow and vague. The smoke black felt too soft even when tipped(all in 6.5). This thing actually feels great, smooth, extremely stand-up fear of it going left if I'm aggressive. Launch stayed where it was as far as spin and LA, it's just a much tighter dispersion. IF it comes to knocking so!drying down under the wind...... it's much easier to hit a nice flat stinger type drive with less curvature than before.

> >

> > I've been so happy with the dispersion i ordered up an 80TX to try on the 410LST 3-wood. Love that club but it still spins a hair too much and wants to go left. We'll see how it works soon

>

> Interested in hearing how it goes in a fairway - might do the same.

Should be here early in the week. If the weather holds out I'll let you know

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf                                      

G430 LST Tour 2.0 Black 65X

TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
UW 19* MMT  (G430 19* Hybrid Kai'li 80X)
'24 Apex 23* MMT 105X

'24 Apex CB 5-11, DGX100

SM9 54/10M
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Ping Redwood Anser (the original Redwood)

On deck: Paradym Super Hybrid 21*, TSR3 24* hybrid, Apex CB 4-11, Apex MB 8-10, Apex Pro 4-6, Apex UT 23*, Apex UW 19*  Something has to fill the gap between that 8-iron and the driver

> @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > @SMUGamer said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @dowds said:

> > > > Has anyone tried/tested the Smoke Green against the Smoke Yellow 6.5TX? Would love to know any thoughts? I've had on and off days with the Smoke Yellow so far.

> > >

> > > Green is a whole different monster. lower spin and launch

> > Agree. Im hitting the 70TX tipped an inch and its perfect so far. The stiffer the better for me.......

> >

>

> I'm thinking about trying this combo. Do you mind sharing your SS and any other numbers you may have? I am desperately trying to find a low spin combo that will give me the numbers I need without feeling like I'm swinging a 2 by 4.

If you’re talking to me, sure. I max out at about 115 SS but I have an aggressive transition which is why I have always had best results with the lowest torque / stiffest shafts. Given that, the Hulk fits very well as of now. I haven’t been on Trackman yet so just going off on course length and dispersion which has been excellent and outperformed my go-to shafts so far. Plan to get on Trackman in the next couple weeks. Lastly, as mentioned above, it’s very interesting how you can hit stingers with this shaft.

> @dowds said:

> Has anyone tried/tested the Smoke Green against the Smoke Yellow 6.5TX? Would love to know any thoughts? I've had on and off days with the Smoke Yellow so far.

They are not even close to the same. Yellow is counter weighted, the green is not. I think the yellow makes a great fairway wood shaft, I do not think the green would.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > @SMUGamer said:

> > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > @SMUGamer said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > @dowds said:

> > > > > > Has anyone tried/tested the Smoke Green against the Smoke Yellow 6.5TX? Would love to know any thoughts? I've had on and off days with the Smoke Yellow so far.

> > > > >

> > > > > Green is a whole different monster. lower spin and launch

> > > > Agree. Im hitting the 70TX tipped an inch and its perfect so far. The stiffer the better for me.......

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm thinking about trying this combo. Do you mind sharing your SS and any other numbers you may have? I am desperately trying to find a low spin combo that will give me the numbers I need without feeling like I'm swinging a 2 by 4.

> > If you’re talking to me, sure. I max out at about 115 SS but I have an aggressive transition which is why I have always had best results with the lowest torque / stiffest shafts. Given that, the Hulk fits very well as of now. I haven’t been on Trackman yet so just going off on course length and dispersion which has been excellent and outperformed my go-to shafts so far. Plan to get on Trackman in the next couple weeks. Lastly, as mentioned above, it’s very interesting how you can hit stingers with this shaft.

> >

>

> Okay, thanks! I am right around 115-120 mph area depending on the day and how many balls I've already hit. I also have a really aggressive transition which is why I'm struggling finding a shaft combo for my G410 LST. I currently am trying the Rogue Silver 130 MSI tipped 1" but my flight and spin are still both a bit too high for my taste.

I am in the same boat! Looking to lower launch/spin. I swing right around the 115 mph mark too but not super aggressive in transition, hence why I choose the Yellow. Also looking to pair with G410 LST. As long as this shaft doesn't play as stiff as touted (as I read most have found), I am interested to give it a test.

Titleist TS4 - Accra TZ5 65 M5 Titleist TS2 - Hzrdus T1100 75 6.5 Titleist 915 H.d 17.5 - Accra TourZ Mizuno MP-18 SC (3,-4) MP-18 (5-P) - DG AMT x100 Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 50, 54, 60 - DG s400 Ping Vault Anser

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some help as there is no shops around me that has the green shaft for me to demo. I have been playing stock shafts and it is time for me to upgrade. SS is 108-110 fairly quick transition. Currently playing EVENFLOW T1100 WHITE 6.5. I am having trouble finding comparisons between the 2 shafts as the TrueTemper website is of little help to me. I don’t want to go any stiffer than what I am currently playing and wouldn’t mind going down 1/2 a flex. Would the smoke green in 6.0 fit the bill or should it be tipped? If so, how much? 1/2”?

Thanks

> @Negncic said:

> Looking for some help as there is no shops around me that has the green shaft for me to demo. I have been playing stock shafts and it is time for me to upgrade. SS is 108-110 fairly quick transition. Currently playing EVENFLOW T1100 WHITE 6.5. I am having trouble finding comparisons between the 2 shafts as the TrueTemper website is of little help to me. I don’t want to go any stiffer than what I am currently playing and wouldn’t mind going down 1/2 a flex. Would the smoke green in 6.0 fit the bill or should it be tipped? If so, how much? 1/2”?

> Thanks

If you don’t want to get stiffer the hulk green isn’t the shaft for you. The smoke green is the stiffest hzrdus shaft px made and the hzrdus line plays stiffer than even flow.

The ef white while stock is a legit shaft. The stock vs aftermarket is usually a misperception of many. Some will make improvements and some won’t.

Why are you looking to change?

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Negncic said:

> > Looking for some help as there is no shops around me that has the green shaft for me to demo. I have been playing stock shafts and it is time for me to upgrade. SS is 108-110 fairly quick transition. Currently playing EVENFLOW T1100 WHITE 6.5. I am having trouble finding comparisons between the 2 shafts as the TrueTemper website is of little help to me. I don’t want to go any stiffer than what I am currently playing and wouldn’t mind going down 1/2 a flex. Would the smoke green in 6.0 fit the bill or should it be tipped? If so, how much? 1/2”?

> > Thanks

>

> If you don’t want to get stiffer the hulk green isn’t the shaft for you. The smoke green is the stiffest hzrdus shaft px made and the hzrdus line plays stiffer than even flow.

>

> The ef white while stock is a legit shaft. The stock vs aftermarket is usually a misperception of many. Some will make improvements and some won’t.

>

> Why are you looking to change?

I am looking to lower ball flight and spin. I am getting tired of hitting drives that spin back when they land.

If you’re putting that much spin on your drives you probably need to lower loft and/or focus on impact position and strike more so than trying to put a bandaid on it with a different shaft

• Like 1
ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

> @Negncic said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Negncic said:

> > > Looking for some help as there is no shops around me that has the green shaft for me to demo. I have been playing stock shafts and it is time for me to upgrade. SS is 108-110 fairly quick transition. Currently playing EVENFLOW T1100 WHITE 6.5. I am having trouble finding comparisons between the 2 shafts as the TrueTemper website is of little help to me. I don’t want to go any stiffer than what I am currently playing and wouldn’t mind going down 1/2 a flex. Would the smoke green in 6.0 fit the bill or should it be tipped? If so, how much? 1/2”?

> > > Thanks

> >

> > If you don’t want to get stiffer the hulk green isn’t the shaft for you. The smoke green is the stiffest hzrdus shaft px made and the hzrdus line plays stiffer than even flow.

> >

> > The ef white while stock is a legit shaft. The stock vs aftermarket is usually a misperception of many. Some will make improvements and some won’t.

> >

> > Why are you looking to change?

>

> I am looking to lower ball flight and spin. I am getting tired of hitting drives that spin back when they land.

>

Sounds like a swing issue that a shaft won’t fix. The ef white is a low launch low spin shaft.

Do you have any launch monitor numbers?

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Negncic said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Negncic said:

> > > > Looking for some help as there is no shops around me that has the green shaft for me to demo. I have been playing stock shafts and it is time for me to upgrade. SS is 108-110 fairly quick transition. Currently playing EVENFLOW T1100 WHITE 6.5. I am having trouble finding comparisons between the 2 shafts as the TrueTemper website is of little help to me. I don’t want to go any stiffer than what I am currently playing and wouldn’t mind going down 1/2 a flex. Would the smoke green in 6.0 fit the bill or should it be tipped? If so, how much? 1/2”?

> > > > Thanks

> > >

> > > If you don’t want to get stiffer the hulk green isn’t the shaft for you. The smoke green is the stiffest hzrdus shaft px made and the hzrdus line plays stiffer than even flow.

> > >

> > > The ef white while stock is a legit shaft. The stock vs aftermarket is usually a misperception of many. Some will make improvements and some won’t.

> > >

> > > Why are you looking to change?

> >

> > I am looking to lower ball flight and spin. I am getting tired of hitting drives that spin back when they land.

> >

>

> Sounds like a swing issue that a shaft won’t fix. The ef white is a low launch low spin shaft.

>

> Do you have any launch monitor numbers?

I don’t. I will try and get on a monitor this week. Thanks for the input.

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @Chal said:

> > Wonder if this will be an offering for any OEM.

>

> Definitely not. Fits 1-5% of golfers

In the stiff and x stiff profiles it is not too bad. The TX is a different animal all together.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @Chal said:

> > > Wonder if this will be an offering for any OEM.

> >

> > Definitely not. Fits 1-5% of golfers

>

> In the stiff and x stiff profiles it is not too bad. The TX is a different animal all together.

I know but still wouldn't fit a OEM stock release better than a Smoke black IMO. You fit approximately 1000% more players than me so my opinion may be worthless haha

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > @Chal said:

> > > > Wonder if this will be an offering for any OEM.

> > >

> > > Definitely not. Fits 1-5% of golfers

> >

> > In the stiff and x stiff profiles it is not too bad. The TX is a different animal all together.

>

> I know but still wouldn't fit a OEM stock release better than a Smoke black IMO. You fit approximately 1000% more players than me so my opinion may be worthless haha

I do not disagree with you. Most people that get fit do not need anything remotely specific as far as profile goes. I think I see one person a month that would benefit from anything low launching. Most need more height. High launch hi spin is what they need to squeak out 10 more yards on their at 195 yard drives...

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @Chal said:

> > > Wonder if this will be an offering for any OEM.

> >

> > Definitely not. Fits 1-5% of golfers

>

> In the stiff and x stiff profiles it is not too bad. The TX is a different animal all together.

I only hit maybe 5 balls with it so far, but yes it is quite stout. Promptly went back to my Tensei PO 70TX to start my round yesterday lol

> @Chal said:

> I wasn’t saying this should be a stock option by any stretch. I was thinking more along the lines of a upcharge offering.

I think you could see that pretty easily. Stock shafts have a lot more to do with what shaft OEMs can get shaft retailers to sell mass quantities of cheaply.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 1 month later...

I currently play a OG HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 60g in my Epic Flash SZ.

Im going to order the TM Sim this week and noticed you can get the Smoke Green as a standard offering. From what I know about the Smoke Green, it’s supposed to be stout. Would I be fine sticking with a 6.5 60g in the Green or should I move down to a 6.0 in everyone’s opinion. My SS is 105-108. Or potentially look into a different shaft offering all together? Haven’t hit the Green.

Thanks