T1100 Smoke/Hulk is here....

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> Mine finally showed up, got 1 round and range session today, look for it on the BST soon.

whoa

that bad?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > Mine finally showed up, got 1 round and range session today, look for it on the BST soon.

>

> whoa

> that bad?

Might work well for some people, I was a real fan of the OG T1100, and this shaft makes me question it being called," The Hulk". The jury is still out but so far I've hit more shots left in one round than the rest of the year combined and well struck shots are ballooning up into the atmosphere. Will report back after a few more rounds but for now it's not looking good.

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > Mine finally showed up, got 1 round and range session today, look for it on the BST soon.

> >

> > whoa

> > that bad?

>

> Might work well for some people, I was a real fan of the OG T1100, and this shaft makes me question it being called," The Hulk". The jury is still out but so far I've hit more shots left in one round than the rest of the year combined and well struck shots are ballooning up into the atmosphere. Will report back after a few more rounds but for now it's not looking good.

Ventus will take you under its wing and make you whole again. haha. I know your in NV we need to meet up and play. Since we both have cally heads it would be an easy swap and review on here.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > Mine finally showed up, got 1 round and range session today, look for it on the BST soon.

> > >

> > > whoa

> > > that bad?

> >

> > Might work well for some people, I was a real fan of the OG T1100, and this shaft makes me question it being called," The Hulk". The jury is still out but so far I've hit more shots left in one round than the rest of the year combined and well struck shots are ballooning up into the atmosphere. Will report back after a few more rounds but for now it's not looking good.

>

> Ventus will take you under its wing and make you whole again. haha. I know your in NV we need to meet up and play. Since we both have cally heads it would be an easy swap and review on here.

>

I'll be back in the 89511 in a few weeks and I'll get in touch with you prior if you want to link up for a round somewhere and do some testing!

• Like 1

> @mjbaker80 said:

> Wow.....and you had the TX?!?

Correct, I know this is a function of my own swing faults don't get me wrong. But with the Pro Orange or OG T1100 (both CB) they mitigate my spin and miss to almost optimal levels given my current impact conditions. I'm sure I can get the Smoke Green to work through video analysis and AOA changes, but don't really want to reinvent the wheel. Maybe "the hulk" and I just aren't soulmates! Time will tell and I know many players will still love this shaft.

I'm at 113 mph avg. now, and my transition would not be described as smooth. Any recommendations between X and TX?

Thanks,

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > Mine finally showed up, got 1 round and range session today, look for it on the BST soon.

> > >

> > > whoa

> > > that bad?

> >

> > Might work well for some people, I was a real fan of the OG T1100, and this shaft makes me question it being called," The Hulk". The jury is still out but so far I've hit more shots left in one round than the rest of the year combined and well struck shots are ballooning up into the atmosphere. Will report back after a few more rounds but for now it's not looking good.

>

> Ventus will take you under its wing and make you whole again. haha. I know your in NV we need to meet up and play. Since we both have cally heads it would be an easy swap and review on here.

>

Ventus didn't work for me... changed into the new Accra TZ6 M5. Amazing!

• Like 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Reporting back: played this weekend in 10-20 mph winds.

Hole 1: 374 into headwind, 67 yards to pin

Hole 4: 561 downwind, 213 to pin

Hole 6: 465 cross and uphill, 150 to pin

Hole 7: 473 cross wind, 113 to pin

Hole 8: 382 headwind, 71 to pin

Hole 13: 402 downwind, 43 to pin

Hole 14: 567 headwind, lost it right, unknown

Hole 15: 373 strong headwind, 42 to pin

Hole 18: 515 headwind, 204 to pin

Now the distances this thing is producing for me are allowing me to see parts of the course I’ve not seen before. I missed 1 fairway with this all day, which for me is unheard of. What’s nice is I feel like I can slow it down and it will be just fine, and I also feel like I can really go after it and still get the desired results. My ball flight is much more level, there’s no ballooning, playing in wind for me has always been tough because I produce so much spin the balls get caught up and don’t cut through them. I was amazed by how little the wind was affecting my shots this day with the driver. I was outdriving my playing partners by 50-60 yards consistently. The other piece is when hitting my previous set up well, it was all carry, hits and stops, with this set up, my ball is producing some nice roll out. I’m incredibly impressed with this shaft!

• Like 1

I've got one waiting for me to pick up -- trying to decide whether to put it in to PXG 0811X Gen2 or TS3 .. Any thoughts? Ordered 60 gram 6.5TX in PVD Finish -- I was on the original T1100 train for awhile because I loved how it felt like an iron shaft. Thinking this one may stick and haven't even hit it

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

> @benthegolfer said:

> I've got one waiting for me to pick up -- trying to decide whether to put it in to PXG 0811X Gen2 or TS3 .. Any thoughts? Ordered 60 gram 6.5TX in PVD Finish -- I was on the original T1100 train for awhile because I loved how it felt like an iron shaft. Thinking this one may stick and haven't even hit it

This will make a low spin driver even lower and tighter. I had a 70g 6.0 in my 10.5* 0811X Gen2, it worked great but was not forgiving enough. If I was feeling great and swinging well, this shaft is unmatched for lowering spin and launch. However it doesn't like slow or sloppy swings and im guilty of that too often. Love the shaft for days I feel strong. gonna list mine and go back to a Ventus

Had my maiden voyage with the 60 X. I agree with people it’s not nearly as stout as I expected. Granted mine is not a TX. I had at least two drives that really flew despite not being struck wonderfully. I hit it high...VERY high which surprised me the most. Feels outstanding. It’s there for sure but it’s no telephone pole.

Hey fellas, new to posting on here but I wanted to comment on the Hulk shaft. It was so nice looking but not for me. I was slower for some reason that day at around 110mph but the Diamana DF was the best for my swing. The Hulf just wasnt letting me get that last little head movement so I was losing it right and I dont miss right....at all really.

aright guys -- having thoughts on what version to order (have some time since they're on leave for a month)

do i go PVD or not? and at 120mph, do i go 60G TX, 70G TX and should i tip it at all?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> aright guys -- having thoughts on what version to order (have some time since they're on leave for a month)

>

> do i go PVD or not? and at 120mph, do i go 60G TX, 70G TX and should i tip it at all?

I'm firmly in the Matte finish camp. If you want a weight progression in your woods, I would go with the 60 6.5TX, since you're playing the the Smoke black in your 3 wood. My 70 6.5TX is untipped and I'm starting to think I could have tipped it a bit, but that's really only going to tighten up feel. I would definitely keep it under 1".

Again, I don't have Trackman numbers yet, but the Smoke Green doesn't "feel" like you have to work quite as hard as you do in the T1100 in the same same weight/flex.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

> @gioguy21 said:

> aright guys -- having thoughts on what version to order (have some time since they're on leave for a month)

>

> do i go PVD or not? and at 120mph, do i go 60G TX, 70G TX and should i tip it at all?

I don't know what the best answer for tipping would be. At my best, I am at 120mph. This year, I have not been at my best. I would guess that I am in the 115-117 range based on the distance I am hitting. I am playing the 60TX untipped. Coming from a counterbalanced Pro Orange 70TX, I feel like they are similar in terms of feel. I made the right call going to the 60 gram. As far as tipping. If you are typically using that as a means to keep the ball flight down, it may be worth your while to tip it. I am launching this just as high, if not higher, than the Pro Orange. It feels tighter, but it is launching a bit higher. Works well for me though, so no regrets not tipping it. If you are used to tipping everything, you may want to. But, since there's no going back from it, maybe order it untipped playing a little longer to allow you the freedom to tip it as you test it out?

Oh, and I am a firm PVD supporter. It looks great in person.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

It’s just AMAZING too me how all these companies have managed to make ultra low low shafts feel better. Started with Tensei white....now there are so many options. A dream come true for a guy like me that isn’t a beast but need low low bc of my AoA.

Can’t stress enough how playable this felt. Much softer than T1100 in the same weight/flex class.

Does this have that super tip heavy feel (at least IMO) that the HZRDUS Black did??

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

> @gioguy21 said:

>

Transition? I'm getting along with mine a little better now. But the PVD looks like hell from walking a few rounds. Going to try and swap for a matte finish. If you're similar with an aggressive transition the 70TX tipped .5" is how I'd go next time around.

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > aright guys -- having thoughts on what version to order (have some time since they're on leave for a month)

> >

> > do i go PVD or not? and at 120mph, do i go 60G TX, 70G TX and should i tip it at all?

>

> Transition? I'm getting along with mine a little better now. But the PVD looks like **** from walking a few rounds. Going to try and swap for a matte finish. If you're similar with an aggressive transition the 70TX tipped .5" is how I'd go next time around.

it's not aggressive but i load considerably -- would you think about going 60g TX tipped a decent amount ie more than 1/2"?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @CollinsGroup_Golf19 said:

> @"DFS PFD" so the PVD finish starting wearing off?? That’s definitely disappointing for sure if so!

>

>

I was assuming he meant the superficial "scratches" etc that were also common with the T1100. It is actually wearing off?

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

> @RonSwanson said:

> > @CollinsGroup_Golf19 said:

> > @"DFS PFD" so the PVD finish starting wearing off?? That’s definitely disappointing for sure if so!

> >

> >

>

> I was assuming he meant the superficial "scratches" etc that were also common with the T1100. It is actually wearing off?

I have had mine for quite a while now and have noticed no issues with the finish at all. Sure, you get some smudges. But, it's not wearing off in any places or showing any obvious scratches. If I wiped it down, it would look brand new.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > aright guys -- having thoughts on what version to order (have some time since they're on leave for a month)

> > >

> > > do i go PVD or not? and at 120mph, do i go 60G TX, 70G TX and should i tip it at all?

> >

> > Transition? I'm getting along with mine a little better now. But the PVD looks like **** from walking a few rounds. Going to try and swap for a matte finish. If you're similar with an aggressive transition the 70TX tipped .5" is how I'd go next time around.

>

> it's not aggressive but i load considerably -- would you think about going 60g TX tipped a decent amount ie more than 1/2"?

Mine is tipped 1.25" now and I've lost all feel so if you need to tip more than 1" I'd go up in weight.

> @CollinsGroup_Golf19 said:

> @"DFS PFD" so the PVD finish starting wearing off?? That’s definitely disappointing for sure if so!

>

>

Not wearing off but I've had it for 3 rounds and it looks worse than any other shaft I own. I regret getting the PVD. Will update with pictures this weekend. To each their own, I'm just trying to relay some non-inflated info based on the many many other shafts I've used. Never really had an issue with the T1100 finish(though I'm aware of it's critics). I don't run my gear through the ringer, always believed you take care of it and it will take care of you.