T1100 Smoke/Hulk is here....

Smoke Green got it's first win this week. Web.com winner put it in his driver this week and won.

DB

• Like 4

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

while I love my ventus, I really really want to try this shaft because it is soo beautiful!

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> while I love my ventus, I really really want to try this shaft because it is soo beautiful!

Agree - the only thing that comes close for me (granted purple/green are my favorite colors) is the Veylix Wildeye rainbow shafts. Gorgeous..... the difference with Veylix is that the color dispersion is somewhat random so they are all a little different. Comicially, the Veylix I have came out nearly identical to the Hulk.... 95% green with purple near the hosel.

For me, it's hard to envision a cooler looking shaft. It sounds like PX is really gonna start bringing the thunder in terms of finishes which is AWESOME to hear. I like loud shafts (unless it's obnoxious). So, I'm excited to see what's coming...

Also, Quigley.....interested side note for you....the guy who won yesterday on the Web.com with the Hulk was using the Ventus, prior.

> @mjbaker80 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > while I love my ventus, I really really want to try this shaft because it is soo beautiful!

> Agree - the only thing that comes close for me (granted purple/green are my favorite colors) is the Veylix Wildeye rainbow shafts. Gorgeous..... the difference with Veylix is that the color dispersion is somewhat random so they are all a little different. Comicially, the Veylix I have came out nearly identical to the Hulk.... 95% green with purple near the hosel.

> For me, it's hard to envision a cooler looking shaft. It sounds like PX is really gonna start bringing the thunder in terms of finishes which is AWESOME to hear. I like loud shafts (unless it's obnoxious). So, I'm excited to see what's coming...

>

> Also, Quigley.....interested side note for you....the guy who won yesterday on the Web.com with the Hulk was using the Ventus, prior.

>

That is interesting. As I read it they are two very different shafts.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

So how does a scrub in the middle of the country (Louisville, KY) get to demo one of these? Do I just have to go to a bigger custom fitter (my local shop doesn't have one in the fitting carts)

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @Myherobobhope said:

> So how does a scrub in the middle of the country (Louisville, KY) get to demo one of these? Do I just have to go to a bigger custom fitter (my local shop doesn't have one in the fitting carts)

Go ahead and just order one to try out. Get the 60 gram 6.5TX, have a cobra F9 tip put on it playing at 44.75" tipped 1/2 inch or an inch. Test it, realize that you don't like it for whatever reason, put it on the BST and then let me buy it from you.

In all seriousness, most regular fitting places will not have this shaft and come to think of it I highly doubt anyone has this in a fitting cart. Being small batch and limited quantities made, you may have to order to try.

Got a couple rounds in with this and 3 range sessions so I thought I would post some comments. Previous two shafts have been the handcrafted yellow 63 stiff tipped a half Inch and pro orange 60 stiff tipped a half inch. Both played same lengh of 44 inches from grip end to adapter tip. Hzrdus yellow weighed in at 118..PO orange at 119...with adapter. Hzrdus green 60 6.0 untipped weighed 120 with adapter.My swing speed 103 to 105 with a...let's say ....violent transition... to be polite . first of all..not being counterbalanced makes it feel heavier...really noticable for me. Someone posted it feels like a iron shaft. This is a great analogy. It feels like a x100 wedge shaft. For myself I could not feel the shaft loading during the transiton. It felt like it was all one piece. For me that worked great as my misses are 99% right with the head seemingly "lagging " behind. The balls wanted to go straight and you could really go hard after it. I could hook it if I got handsey enough. Overall I really like it. Dispersion is probably the best quality with this shaft.Feel is second.I think the spin is about the same as the PO and less then the yellow handcrafted. And it does play a half a flex stiffer. Launch is not really low...also similar to PO. Shaft load feel is the biggest difference. Sorry for the long review

> @DBill said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > So how does a scrub in the middle of the country (Louisville, KY) get to demo one of these? Do I just have to go to a bigger custom fitter (my local shop doesn't have one in the fitting carts)

>

> Go ahead and just order one to try out. Get the 60 gram 6.5TX, have a cobra F9 tip put on it playing at 44.75" tipped 1/2 inch or an inch. Test it, realize that you don't like it for whatever reason, put it on the BST and then let me buy it from you.

>

>

> In all seriousness, most regular fitting places will not have this shaft and come to think of it I highly doubt anyone has this in a fitting cart. Being small batch and limited quantities made, you may have to order to try.

I’ll think about it

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Louis O was swing this today on the range getting fitted. He had 3-4 different set ups with this shaft.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @puresurfr said:

> I've been playing the Ventus 6X and i couldn't ask for more out of a shaft. its hard to believe but the 70 in 6.0 flex is tighter feeling than even my vents and has les spin as well....i think the Hulk may have just knocked the Ventus out of the bag

Let me know if you decide to sell the Ventus. :)

> @puresurfr said:

> I've been playing the Ventus 6X and i couldn't ask for more out of a shaft. its hard to believe but the 70 in 6.0 flex is tighter feeling than even my vents and has les spin as well....i think the Hulk may have just knocked the Ventus out of the bag

I’m hoping that my piddly 115mph swing holds up to the 60 6.5 TX.

Not too sure yet though....

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @puresurfr said:

> > I've been playing the Ventus 6X and i couldn't ask for more out of a shaft. its hard to believe but the 70 in 6.0 flex is tighter feeling than even my vents and has les spin as well....i think the Hulk may have just knocked the Ventus out of the bag

>

> I’m hoping that my piddly 115mph swing holds up to the 60 6.5 TX.

> Not too sure yet though....

>

>

>

A lot will probably depend on your release. When I played the original T1100 I ended up with a 6.0 with a 112-115 SS, but I'm somewhat of a smoother swinger. In fact, I've now found that I do much better with shafts with a more active tip as a result, and the ACCRA TZ6 has been an absolute revelation for me.

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

Alright guys, this is very preliminary but holy sh**. I’ve tried pretty much every exotic shaft out there and have been playing a Project X Black HZARDOUS 60g 6.5 tipped 0.5” in an M3 head for the last year or so. It was okay, still a bit higher than what I wanted, and could at times get a bit flimsy in the hands for my liking. Misses we’re all over the map with a 30 yard draw or a high weak cut. Never got any roll, but enjoyed feeling the shaft load and could get a good bit of carry out of it ~290. I threw my new Smoke Green 6.5TX 60g shaft in the same head and the results are...WOW. First time I have ever found a shaft that produced these types of results for me. I was hitting straight into a 20 mph wind on the range and carrying the ball ~10 yards shorter than where it normally goes on calm conditions with the HZRDOUS Black. It wasn’t the distance that wowed me, it was the ball flight and feeling of the shaft. It’s not as lively in the hands, and the load isn’t as pronounced, but it feels extremely stable. The ball just trampolines off the face, launches low, remains low, and just goes! Cut shots were easy to produce and not high or weak, draws were easy and not nearly as pronounced as in the past. This one is a keeper. Even on the short range session, I could literally ‘feel’ a decrease in spin. The ball came off like a knuckle ball and just cut through the wind. I’m really excited to get this thing out on the course and report back. For reference, I have an aggressive transition and avg. 117-119 SS with a driver.

> @lonscicles said:

> Alright guys, this is very preliminary but holy sh**. I’ve tried pretty much every exotic shaft out there and have been playing a Project X Black HZARDOUS 60g 6.5 tipped 0.5” in an M3 head for the last year or so. It was okay, still a bit higher than what I wanted, and could at times get a bit flimsy in the hands for my liking. Misses we’re all over the map with a 30 yard draw or a high weak cut. Never got any roll, but enjoyed feeling the shaft load and could get a good bit of carry out of it ~290. I threw my new Smoke Green 6.5TX 60g shaft in the same head and the results are...WOW. First time I have ever found a shaft that produced these types of results for me. I was hitting straight into a 20 mph wind on the range and carrying the ball ~10 yards shorter than where it normally goes on calm conditions with the HZRDOUS Black. It wasn’t the distance that wowed me, it was the ball flight and feeling of the shaft. It’s not as lively in the hands, and the load isn’t as pronounced, but it feels extremely stable. The ball just trampolines off the face, launches low, remains low, and just goes! Cut shots were easy to produce and not high or weak, draws were easy and not nearly as pronounced as in the past. This one is a keeper. Even on the short range session, I could literally ‘feel’ a decrease in spin. The ball came off like a knuckle ball and just cut through the wind. I’m really excited to get this thing out on the course and report back. For reference, I have an aggressive transition and avg. 117-119 SS with a driver.

How much did you tip it?

> @budcangolf said:

> > @lonscicles said:

> > Alright guys, this is very preliminary but holy sh**. I’ve tried pretty much every exotic shaft out there and have been playing a Project X Black HZARDOUS 60g 6.5 tipped 0.5” in an M3 head for the last year or so. It was okay, still a bit higher than what I wanted, and could at times get a bit flimsy in the hands for my liking. Misses we’re all over the map with a 30 yard draw or a high weak cut. Never got any roll, but enjoyed feeling the shaft load and could get a good bit of carry out of it ~290. I threw my new Smoke Green 6.5TX 60g shaft in the same head and the results are...WOW. First time I have ever found a shaft that produced these types of results for me. I was hitting straight into a 20 mph wind on the range and carrying the ball ~10 yards shorter than where it normally goes on calm conditions with the HZRDOUS Black. It wasn’t the distance that wowed me, it was the ball flight and feeling of the shaft. It’s not as lively in the hands, and the load isn’t as pronounced, but it feels extremely stable. The ball just trampolines off the face, launches low, remains low, and just goes! Cut shots were easy to produce and not high or weak, draws were easy and not nearly as pronounced as in the past. This one is a keeper. Even on the short range session, I could literally ‘feel’ a decrease in spin. The ball came off like a knuckle ball and just cut through the wind. I’m really excited to get this thing out on the course and report back. For reference, I have an aggressive transition and avg. 117-119 SS with a driver.

>

> How much did you tip it?

>

>

This one is i tipped.

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @puresurfr said:

> > I've been playing the Ventus 6X and i couldn't ask for more out of a shaft. its hard to believe but the 70 in 6.0 flex is tighter feeling than even my vents and has les spin as well....i think the Hulk may have just knocked the Ventus out of the bag

>

> I’m hoping that my piddly 115mph swing holds up to the 60 6.5 TX.

> Not too sure yet though....

>

>

>

I will tell you this. My swing has been a mess and I know for a fact that my speed has been down. I am probably in the 115-117 range at the moment just based on the distances I am seeing. 60 6.5TX untipped is working well for me.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @RonSwanson said:

> Got this in last night. Playing Saturday. Will report back.

>

> ko4ippegbf24.jpg

>

Is it just me? But I might like the matte black with the neon green. Looks great! Can’t wait to hear how you like it!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Black looks better than I thought. Nice set up Ron!

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Another vote here for the Matte Grey over the PVD. PVD looks good, don't get me wrong, but it's too much. And that's coming from a guy who loves the color green!

Wish I fit into one of these, but I'll be staying with my Smoke Black when I return from Mexico leave.

Initial impressions:

My info for reference: On course swing speed is in the high 110s. Ballspeed averaged 177 measured at The Kingdom during the M3/M4 TwistFace trip. Relatively smooth swing, no hard transition or excessive "lag".

As tested - Smoke Green 70 6.5 TX untipped in an tour issue M6 playing at 45". Previous shaft - Rogue White 60TX tipped 1"

Looks - Very happy I went with the matte grey. The finish actually looks darker to me in person than it looked in photos. Very understated and looks perfect with the matte carbon fiber on the M5/M6 head. It's a sleeper with the green logo hinting at the high performance. Very well done.

Feel - I know all the marketing material says this is the stiffest profile they have created, but to me it didn't feel and play like the rebar it is made out to be. This is coming from a guy who liked the T1100 and played it for a long time, so that gives you an idea of my preference in this area. This may be attributable to the new material they are using. Solid, linear feel with no pronounced load in the shaft. One thing to note, the M6 I'm playing was set up for the Rogue White, which is counter balanced. With this shaft installed the feel is more tip/head heavy than with the Rogue. I'm going to take it in to check the swingweight to make sure it's where I want it to be and may adjust the M6.

Performance - No Trackman numbers yet, so this is all based on visual evidence during the round. Launch was in a good window. On average it appeared similar to the Rouge White. Can't really speak to spin numbers, but there weren't any knuckle balls falling out the air, so I assume it was adequate. The biggest difference I found in this initial round was the Smoke Green was easier to start and keep on my intended line. On the 9 tee shots I hit driver, 8 of them were what I would consider very good. My first shot wasn't great, but it wasn't a good swing and I think getting used to the balance of this setup could have played a part. After that first shot, I hit the next 7 fairways and was 3 steps off the fairway on the only one I missed. All shots were similar, either dead straight or a tiny little draw. This is a VERY small sample size, but this shaft just wanted to go straight. That will obviously be a big plus or potentially a minus depending on how you like to play.

I'm looking forward to further testing, but initial impressions were solid all around. I will update when after I have more time with it and hopefully add some numbers/data as well.

• Like 1
  • Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA