2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rory & his caddie debate

rukahs

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @canonlbp430 said:

> > I think he is good enough to win any tournament on his own but think a seasoned caddie would talk him into playing a few shots each week different which would save him some blow up holes. Example: 13 and 14 on Friday. He's so good he just goes for every shot and sometimes it bites him.

>

> What did Rory do on 13 and 14 on Friday that a caddie would have saved him from going bogey-double bogey? He missed the green from the fairway on 13 and he laid up on 14 and then missed the green again from 110 yards. Don't know how a caddie keeps you from simply hitting a bad shot.

I think a good caddie on 14 would have talked his player into hitting a different shot that still gives you potential for birdie but takes some of the risk away from leaving it short. Rory likes to fire at every pin which isn't always good. But he is so talented that he can make double on 14 and then put it in the fairway bunker the next hole and hit another shot that he had no business going at the pin and hit it to 8 feet and make birdie the next hole. With the amount of times this year he has short sided himself with wedges I can't help but think playing a different type of shot (play 10 feet right of it and move it towards the pin instead of firing right at it) would be to his advantage and save him some dumb bogeys. Now if Rory would ever to listen to someone telling him that can be another debate.

> @BNGL said:

> JP was > @M4TT said:

> > > @"Night train" said:

> > > I'd say with two wins and a lot of top tens this season.............things are fine!

> > >

> >

> > Debate idea wasn't about his recent success/results - he's clearly talented and could probably win on the odd occasion with no caddie at all.

> >

> > The debate is he could be even _better_ with some more seasoned guidance. I still think JP was a good caddie for him.

>

> JP still maybe a good looper, but it got really bad really quick, in that Rory’s name would come up in the, “He wins in spite of” conversations. Toward the end JP cost him shots no doubt about it in my mind. I followed inside the ropes at the API and overheard some conversations during practice rounds and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Just totally wrong numbers (in my opinion) and Rory would ask you think? It would be confirmed by JP and Rory would hit it and look mystified as to why he was 15 yards long or short, granted its a practice round but then he’d drop another ball and say let’s try this often hit a better shot. I had also heard from at least two other caddies who were looping for top 20 players at the time that JP would once a tournament cost McIlroy a shot.

>

> I got to know Rory a good bit a Bear’s and his dad at Seminole, he can do well no matter who his caddie is. You have to take into consideration a players demeanor, could Steve Williams for example be an asset to Rory? Of course he could, but Tiger and Rory are different mentally, both fantastic players and vastly more talented than most on tour but very different. Rory is a more take it as it comes guy, and Tiger wants to go through the drive thru faster than you. So I think it isn’t a just plug so and so in since he/she did well with this player and Rory will take off if that makes sense.

Now I truly laughed out loud at the drive through comment. I hate the two lane drive through. You pull up and some jackass passes you in the other lane after you’ve sat there 10 min. Ugh.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

would love to say it would help, but I mean there is a wealth of examples of guys who rotate cadies and their performance is relatively unchanged, same with guys like Kuch who win without their regular guy.

Do we think Rory is getting bad yardages or something or you think Harry needs to step in and talk Rory off certain shots?

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

> @Barfolomew said:

> Whats a caddy really do anyways..... not like Rory hasnt been playin golf everyday of his life. Here's your yardage now hit the ball... got no time for a committee

There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of the caddy/player talk about the shot amounts to nothing more than extreme over-thinking.

If Rory keeps that Spider X in the bag without tinkering with another putter until the end of next season, I could see him bagging a major and 3+ more regular tour events. You can tell he’s starting to gain some confidence on the greens, so if he gets hot with that putter, wins will come in bunches.

Experienced caddy? No. Rory has already had a hall of fame career. He’s got enough experience for the entire team.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @canonlbp430 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @canonlbp430 said:

> > > I think he is good enough to win any tournament on his own but think a seasoned caddie would talk him into playing a few shots each week different which would save him some blow up holes. Example: 13 and 14 on Friday. He's so good he just goes for every shot and sometimes it bites him.

> >

> > What did Rory do on 13 and 14 on Friday that a caddie would have saved him from going bogey-double bogey? He missed the green from the fairway on 13 and he laid up on 14 and then missed the green again from 110 yards. Don't know how a caddie keeps you from simply hitting a bad shot.

>

> I think a good caddie on 14 would have talked his player into hitting a different shot that still gives you potential for birdie but takes some of the risk away from leaving it short. Rory likes to fire at every pin which isn't always good. But he is so talented that he can make double on 14 and then put it in the fairway bunker the next hole and hit another shot that he had no business going at the pin and hit it to 8 feet and make birdie the next hole. With the amount of times this yea**r he has short sided himself with wedges** I can't help but think playing a different type of shot (play 10 feet right of it and move it towards the pin instead of firing right at it) would be to his advantage and save him some dumb bogeys. Now if Rory would ever to listen to someone telling him that can be another debate.

hmm ... you sure it's his aggressiveness and not a lack of ability from 120 in? ...

I've never seen Rory with a strong caddie. Fitzgerald was a good foil because both could look bewildered simultaneously, or alternate. Whenever there was a mistake that absolutely could not be made, I'd have full confidence that Fitzgerald would just stand there and allow Rory to do it.

In following Rory in any round the guarantees are lots of wow drives, a half dozen missed opportunities on the green, and at least two comical errors. I kind of miss Fitzgerald because the bewildered expressions aren't as sustained with the current guy.

Even if Rory hired someone who plotted him smartly around the course, he'd still make the one critical error per round, but it might save the second one. Rory can't vary his swing enough to avoid every gaffe. He's a stabber and stabbers have trouble with distance control.

In following Rory at various events in Florida the problem that jumped out at me was maybe 5 years ago when Rory started aiming left. Previously he almost never aimed left. Then somehow -- perhaps by playing with Tiger -- Rory got the bright idea that he should aim left with irons and hit some soft cuts. Sure they look great when he pulls it off. But in key situations I don't know how many times I've screamed at the screen at the certainty that he'll fan it onto the right bunker....or worse. It is so dependable. He wipes it and nothing good can happen.

That 14th hole at Pebble Beach is no trouble at all if you fly it beyond that tucked pin. I discovered that accidentally the one time I played there, way back in 1982 a few weeks before the famous Watson/Nicklaus Open. Easy 2-putt par. It wasn't until years later I realized what a treacherous third shot that is, if I had hit it anywhere else. Once Rory wiped that wedge last week it was another example of making the one mistake you simply cannot make. Earlier that day Tiger was in the same spot after tumbling off the green. He hit a great chip to salvage par. Rory doesn't do that. When he's on one of his buffoon holes he makes sure the damage is considerable.

• Like 1

Probably wouldn't make much of a difference. If he's comfortable with his buddy on the bag, just roll with it.

I'm not sure what kind of "professional" relationship they have. Rory does have some strange decision making habits sometimes , so I'll admit that I do occasionally wonder if Harry is a bit of a "yes man" and not the type that would say "no, put this 20' past, it's stupid to go for that flag".

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BNGL said:

> > JP was > @M4TT said:

> > > > @"Night train" said:

> > > > I'd say with two wins and a lot of top tens this season.............things are fine!

> > > >

> > >

> > > Debate idea wasn't about his recent success/results - he's clearly talented and could probably win on the odd occasion with no caddie at all.

> > >

> > > The debate is he could be even _better_ with some more seasoned guidance. I still think JP was a good caddie for him.

> >

> > JP still maybe a good looper, but it got really bad really quick, in that Rory’s name would come up in the, “He wins in spite of” conversations. Toward the end JP cost him shots no doubt about it in my mind. I followed inside the ropes at the API and overheard some conversations during practice rounds and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Just totally wrong numbers (in my opinion) and Rory would ask you think? It would be confirmed by JP and Rory would hit it and look mystified as to why he was 15 yards long or short, granted its a practice round but then he’d drop another ball and say let’s try this often hit a better shot. I had also heard from at least two other caddies who were looping for top 20 players at the time that JP would once a tournament cost McIlroy a shot.

> >

> > I got to know Rory a good bit a Bear’s and his dad at Seminole, he can do well no matter who his caddie is. You have to take into consideration a players demeanor, could Steve Williams for example be an asset to Rory? Of course he could, but Tiger and Rory are different mentally, both fantastic players and vastly more talented than most on tour but very different. Rory is a more take it as it comes guy, and Tiger wants to go through the drive thru faster than you. So I think it isn’t a just plug so and so in since he/she did well with this player and Rory will take off if that makes sense.

>

> Now I truly laughed out loud at the drive through comment. I hate the two lane drive through. You pull up and some jackass passes you in the other lane after you’ve sat there 10 min. Ugh.

there's 2 lane drive thru? that's just weird and unfair ha

> @bladehunter said:

> Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @EricWGolf said:

> Harry Diamond:

> 1) is Rory’s lifelong friend (Rory trusts him and is comfortable with him);

> 2) is an elite player in his own right (Harry knows the game and how to win);

> 3) has been on the bag for multiple wins including a Players, and API, and a dominating performance at the Canadian Open (Harry has proven that he can guide a win).

>

> Rory and Harry are doing just fine. Rory’s issue is not his caddie, it’s his putter. When he has it working (e.g., Canadian Open) he can dominate.

>

Maybe a better green reader on the bag would help.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

>

> I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

>

> When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

Remember. This is the kid who walked off the course at the Honda one year. Just left. No “ my arm hurts “ wd or anything. Just quit.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> >

> > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> >

> > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

>

> Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

Did Brooks mentally run away when he dumped it in the water on Sunday at Augusta?

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> > >

> > > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> > >

> > > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

> >

> > Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

>

> Did Brooks mentally run away when he dumped it in the water on Sunday at Augusta?

>

>

>

Nope. He came back and nearly tied. That’s the difference. Time and time again Rory will make a double or 3 putt a par 5 away early and then never be seen again.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> >

> > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> >

> > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

>

> Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

>

> Remember. This is the kid who walked off the course at the Honda one year. Just left. No “ my arm hurts “ wd or anything. Just quit.

You can make the narrative whatever you choose I guess. At the tour championship he started the day three back of Tiger. Did he run away or push too hard on a difficult course? The day he walked off at the Honda something was off. Other players even commented on his demeanor on the range. They're humans, not robots. He was 6 or 7 over on the front and had enough. Toothache was the excuse but who knows?

Maybe he would be better off more like Brooks? You seem to think so. Just give a s*** four weeks a year and show up occasionally during the rest. But I'm guessing that would draw comments from many as well if Rory did the same.

Point being it's off to me to use Koepka as a model when he does similar many times during the year.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> > >

> > > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> > >

> > > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

> >

> > Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

> >

> > Remember. This is the kid who walked off the course at the Honda one year. Just left. No “ my arm hurts “ wd or anything. Just quit.

>

> You can make the narrative whatever you choose I guess. At the tour championship he started the day three back of Tiger. Did he run away or push too hard on a difficult course? The day he walked off at the Honda something was off. Other players even commented on his demeanor on the range. They're humans, not robots. He was 6 or 7 over on the front and had enough. Toothache was the excuse but who knows?

> Maybe he would be better off more like Brooks? You seem to think so. Just give a s*** four weeks a year and show up occasionally during the rest. But I'm guessing that would draw comments from many as well if Rory did the same.

> Point being it's off to me to use Koepka as a model when he does similar many times during the year.

Look. I’m not saying Rory needs to be perfect. I’m just defending my previous comments with solid reasoning. He doesn’t have the reputation for grinding when it’s tough. He has that ability ( Patrick reed match ) but it’s rarely seen. When it’s easy he wins going away.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> > > >

> > > > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> > > >

> > > > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

> > >

> > > Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

> > >

> > > Remember. This is the kid who walked off the course at the Honda one year. Just left. No “ my arm hurts “ wd or anything. Just quit.

> >

> > You can make the narrative whatever you choose I guess. At the tour championship he started the day three back of Tiger. Did he run away or push too hard on a difficult course? The day he walked off at the Honda something was off. Other players even commented on his demeanor on the range. They're humans, not robots. He was 6 or 7 over on the front and had enough. Toothache was the excuse but who knows?

> > Maybe he would be better off more like Brooks? You seem to think so. Just give a s*** four weeks a year and show up occasionally during the rest. But I'm guessing that would draw comments from many as well if Rory did the same.

> > Point being it's off to me to use Koepka as a model when he does similar many times during the year.

>

> Look. I’m not saying Rory needs to be perfect. I’m just defending my previous comments with solid reasoning. He doesn’t have the reputation for grinding when it’s tough. He has that ability ( Patrick reed match ) but it’s rarely seen. When it’s easy he wins going away.

How do you feel about Spieth's grinding? Seemingly all the talent on the world and has not won for two years while Rory has won three times in that span. But to you Jordan is getting close and Rory is what? A waste of talent? Did Jordan quit to shoot+6 the final round last week or was he just off? Rory got slammed for stupidity as he made a double in hole #2 in the final round last week. He hung in and shot one over. Spieth went the other way. I just find your relentless hammering on Rory odd when you defend Spieth and Koepka at all costs.

PS just so you know I do enjoy debating this with you because we never resort to the personal attacks that seem so prevalent here of late.

Thank you

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> > > >

> > > > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> > > >

> > > > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

> > >

> > > Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

> >

> > Did Brooks mentally run away when he dumped it in the water on Sunday at Augusta?

> >

> >

> >

>

> Nope. He came back and nearly tied. That’s the difference. Time and time again Rory will make a double or 3 putt a par 5 away early and then never be seen again.

What about when Rory battled back to make the cut at the PGA and ended up with a top ten finish? Was that mentally running away?

Or when he stood on the tee at Sawgrass on 17 and 18 with a one shot lead, and went on to win?

Or when he won the tour championship and FedEx Cup in a 3 man playoff?

> @Shilgy said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> > > > >

> > > > > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> > > > >

> > > > > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

> > > >

> > > > Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

> > > >

> > > > Remember. This is the kid who walked off the course at the Honda one year. Just left. No “ my arm hurts “ wd or anything. Just quit.

> > >

> > > You can make the narrative whatever you choose I guess. At the tour championship he started the day three back of Tiger. Did he run away or push too hard on a difficult course? The day he walked off at the Honda something was off. Other players even commented on his demeanor on the range. They're humans, not robots. He was 6 or 7 over on the front and had enough. Toothache was the excuse but who knows?

> > > Maybe he would be better off more like Brooks? You seem to think so. Just give a s*** four weeks a year and show up occasionally during the rest. But I'm guessing that would draw comments from many as well if Rory did the same.

> > > Point being it's off to me to use Koepka as a model when he does similar many times during the year.

> >

> > Look. I’m not saying Rory needs to be perfect. I’m just defending my previous comments with solid reasoning. He doesn’t have the reputation for grinding when it’s tough. He has that ability ( Patrick reed match ) but it’s rarely seen. When it’s easy he wins going away.

>

> How do you feel about Spieth's grinding? Seemingly all the talent on the world and has not won for two years while Rory has won three times in that span. But to you Jordan is getting close and Rory is what? A waste of talent? Did Jordan quit to shoot+6 the final round last week or was he just off? Rory got slammed for stupidity as he made a double in hole #2 in the final round last week. He hung in and shot one over. Spieth went the other way. I just find your relentless hammering on Rory odd when you defend Spieth and Koepka at all costs.

>

> PS just so you know I do enjoy debating this with you because we never resort to the personal attacks that seem so prevalent here of late.

> Thank you

Lol. No worries. I’d stop if I thought I was really bothering you.

Spieth. Well. I do see it as still grinding. Although I’m not sure I’m in the “ it’s close “ camp yet or now.

See to me it’s in the attitude. Not the results. Rory just doesn’t seem engaged sometimes. Jordan rarely looks that way. If anything he’s pressing too hard. But that’s just me reading body language. Doesn’t mean it’s correct.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > Lol. I got 2 disagrees. Curious. From those two people. Does that mean you think a caddie change will make him play better ?

> > > > >

> > > > > I want one of them but I disagreed. Is it true a bad day for Rory is "running from the fight" and a bad day from Brooks is "fought tough but couldn't get it done today"?

> > > > >

> > > > > When you throw crap like "runs away from a fight" on the course about a future hall of famer what do you expect? A bunch of likes?

> > > >

> > > > Well. Take the match recently with tiger . Take the last round of the tour champ with tiger. That’s mentally “ running away “. When you shrink instead of rise to the pressure. It’s not a big thing to say. Everyone has done it at some point. Brooks seems to do the opposite. He doesn’t come up 20 yards short with a wedge or shoot himself out of it early on Sunday.

> > >

> > > Did Brooks mentally run away when he dumped it in the water on Sunday at Augusta?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nope. He came back and nearly tied. That’s the difference. Time and time again Rory will make a double or 3 putt a par 5 away early and then never be seen again.

>

> What about when Rory battled back to make the cut at the PGA and ended up with a top ten finish? Was that mentally running away?

>

> Or when he stood on the tee at Sawgrass on 17 and 18 with a one shot lead, and went on to win?

>

> Or when he won the tour championship and FedEx Cup in a 3 man playoff?

I don’t recall saying 100% anything.

Battling back at the pga was a good example of what you’re saying.

The Fedex cup and players more good examples of him winning when he’s on.

Look. Lets not pretend like this is just my opinion. You can find announcers mentioning his “ bouncing step “ when he’s on and “ head hung low” when he’s off at any given event. It’s commonly discussed.

As for brooks. I’m not a brooks fan at all. But. He doesn’t have any quit in him when he sniffs the lead. Almost to an irritating degree.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock