Mizuno MP-20 HMB - July 2019

GolfWRX

> @Lumberjack627 said:

> @Steele47

> Thank you for that. I will look into tgw to set my custom order tomorrow I really appreciate the insight.

You're welcome! But just to be clear I am not advocating buying from TGW. They just always seem to have all options available to view on their site for this item or that item.....

Aside from all that, I find myself very curious about these irons. A friend of mine hit them at a demo day and he is sold on them. Knowing him to be generally pretty cynical about new equipment claims/boasts catches my attention.

@Steele47

I have used TGW for clothing and balls before never bought clubs from them. I will go to my local driving range or pga store in the coming week to see about these clubs. I also am very interested in them. My clubs are only 2-3 years old these clubs really need to outperform them for me to make the change.

So I pre ordered a set of HMBs before swing these in person. I finally got to see these and hit the 7iron demo at GG today with the wrong shaft. They

Are definitely a little thick but basically a ever so slightly smaller JPX 919 forged. My God they feel good and fly straight! I hit the blade too and really didn’t see a difference in height. Just a yard or so. How in even more excited to get this set! Hopefully I will get them before next weekend. I have 2 captains choice tournaments next weekend and these would be perfect to try for that!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

> @bgritty262 said:

> Anyone hit the HMBs that could compare them to the Hot Metal Pros? I was about to pull the trigger on the hot metal pros, but not not so sure. Less/more forgiving? Distance similar?

I hit both this past Monday. Before I tell you my thoughts, know that I am a slow swinger (75mph 7 iron) with a low ball flight. For me, the 2 performed very similarly, which surprised me given the 2 degree difference in loft. Launch, ball speed and spin were all very close. The HMBs definitely sounded softer. It seemed the forgiveness was about equal also. I only hit them off a mat, so can't speak to turf interaction.

> @bgritty262 said:

> Anyone hit the HMBs that could compare them to the Hot Metal Pros? I was about to pull the trigger on the hot metal pros, but not not so sure. Less/more forgiving? Distance similar?

i have owned the HM pro set, and currently have mp20 HMB and cannot tell a difference in either forgiveness or distance, even with the 2 degree difference in loft. Now, i do have lighter shafts in the hmb, so the couple mile an hour ss could be helping for sure. but... the hmb sounds a lot better.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

They look amazing!

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I'm in the market right now (11.9 cap) and was originally going to go with the 919 Forged (with Hot metal pro 4, maybe 5). Given the comments above about HMB vs HMP giving very similar results, it looks like the HMB l could just run through the entire set. Anyone have thoughts on comparing the HMG and Forged for distance, dispersion, forgiveness, stopping power? I haven't seen anyone look at the numbers side by side. From Mizunos online fitter, they seem to express that the Forged is more forgiving and the HMB is more workable.

Went to a fitting this morning. My goal was to demo and purchase the MMCs. However the HMBs beat them out for me. Hit them higher and longer. Great looks and superb feel.

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1

Took some side by side pics with the 7 iron from the HMB and MP-20 blade sets

8-FA37589-7-E34-40-B1-A85-A-8-D3071-B677-F2

B3575-ED1-B6-FD-48-BE-A93-E-20-D02-C064-DE2

E195-E2-DF-9843-4-CD8-BB0-D-B6-D7499-CF64-C

F9-D39-A23-AF65-40-EC-B5-EA-34-D6322-ADE9-F

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

I've never had forged irons before but these certainly look playable (for 15 HCP) with the wider sole - may need to try these at next demo days.

Ben Hogan GS53 9* with UST Helium stiff  & Ben Hogan GS53 16* with UST Helium stiff

Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70  

Ping G400 irons 5-AW with steel AWT shafts

Callaway MD4 Wide sole wedges 54* & 58*

Seemore Nashville One Studio Series

Mizuno day, today. I mean, the HMBs are stupid easy to hit and ****ing long! Crazy long (and soft)! I'm thinking the MMCs are at least a club longer with the HMBs, perhaps even a club and 1/2. Not sure what my game plan is here as there are a multitude of combinations you can employ. And not for nothing, the 8,9, PW MB could easily go in the bag. 4 iron HMB as a sawed-off driving iron? LOL

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

> @Tdsjfb said:

> Mizuno day, today. I mean, the HMBs are stupid easy to hit and ****ing long! Crazy long (and soft)! I'm thinking the MMCs are at least a club longer with the HMBs, perhaps even a club and 1/2. Not sure what my game plan is here as there are a multitude of combinations you can employ. And not for nothing, the 8,9, PW MB could easily go in the bag. 4 iron HMB as a sawed-off driving iron? LOL

You were getting a club to a club and half longer with the same lofted irons and same shafts? That's interesting almost all the reviews I've watched are showing simular distances and ball speeds between the two. If you're hitting the MMC's more off center I would expect to see that kind of gapping though. I've hit both and the HMB's definitely give a little more forgiveness on those off center hits.

Hit all 3 today and all I can say is, f*ck me.....

They’re all great, just GrEaT gRaNd WoNdErFuL!

I thought I loved my JPX 919 Forged, but there was 1 thing....they’re just so chunky, my dream set would be the performance of the 919 Forged but in a smaller thinner package and I found it today in the MMC’s...another stellar $1300.00 set of irons made by the devil himself, Mizuno. I swear he made these to make the JPX line obsolete because well quite frankly, that’s how it feels no pun intended. Now I have to sell my son, or the dog, or a packaged deal consisting of both and like, a garage door or something.

I hate you.

I love you.

Going MMC/HMB Combo this Friday.

Got me again Satan.

• Like 4

Tried my normal KBS Tour and Nippon Modus 105X with this, didn't quite work. Then tried the new KBS S-Taper option. Boom, launched perfect everytime and tightest disperson. Glad Mizuno offer the shaft now.

Titleist TSR2 10 Ventus Blue
Taylormade Stealth 2 5W
Taylormade Stealth 4H VA Slay 85 S
Mizuno Pro 225 Nippon Modus 115 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 50, 56, 60 - Nippon Modus 3 Wedge 115

Taylormade Spider Putter

Hit the MB and MMC last night. All I can say is, I had planned on building a full Ping bag over the winter, not anymore. Leaning towards an MB/HMB combo. Just deciding if I want to split 3-5 HMB OR 3-6 HMB and MP the rest of the way down.

Also hit the $-taper X shaft and was pleasantly surprised. Was very similar to my usual Modus 120X, also interested in the Modus 125x but that won’t be in the fitting cart according to Mizuno.

Side note, does anyone know if the Modus 120TX is an option thru Mizuno, I know they don’t list it but that would be ideal.

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I have the HMBs shipping this week, curious how they will look/compare to my 0211s. Can't complain with the pxg so far, but seem very similar size/shape//loft/hollow design to the HMBs.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

> @jblough99 said:

> Hit the MB and MMC last night. All I can say is, I had planned on building a full Ping bag over the winter, not anymore. Leaning towards an MB/HMB combo. Just deciding if I want to split 3-5 HMB OR 3-6 HMB and MP the rest of the way down.

> Also hit the $-taper X shaft and was pleasantly surprised. Was very similar to my usual Modus 120X, also interested in the Modus 125x but that won’t be in the fitting cart according to Mizuno.

> Side note, does anyone know if the Modus 120TX is an option thru Mizuno, I know they don’t list it but that would be ideal.

The modus 120tx is not an option thru Mizuno. The up charge on 125 is not to bad. That’s the way I decided to go with my HMB set. Hopefully they will be here in a few days. ?

> @jblough99 said:

> Hit the MB and MMC last night. All I can say is, I had planned on building a full Ping bag over the winter, not anymore. Leaning towards an MB/HMB combo. Just deciding if I want to split 3-5 HMB OR 3-6 HMB and MP the rest of the way down.

> Also hit the $-taper X shaft and was pleasantly surprised. Was very similar to my usual Modus 120X, also interested in the Modus 125x but that won’t be in the fitting cart according to Mizuno.

> Side note, does anyone know if the Modus 120TX is an option thru Mizuno, I know they don’t list it but that would be ideal.

I first had the $ Taper’s back when I had a set of Cobra Forged Tec Blacks, what an incredibly stable shaft, such a sweet feel to it as well. Usually get fitted into Modus but seeing that the MMC’s come stock with $ Tapers, I might actually buy off the shelf! Fine by me, won’t have to wait!

I wasn’t a huge fan of the 7 iron demo I saw (too chunky for my liking); however, I held the 3 iron today and thought it looked amazing. I liked it so much that I ordered a 2 iron to accompany my MP 20 MB and MMC combo set.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

Well my week just got freakin ruined. I got a call from my fitter telling me that my set of HMBs won’t ship till Friday even though Mizuno told me that preorders would ship last week. I pulled a dumba$$ move and sold my iron yesterday. I have 2 tournaments this weekend and no backup set!!! ?

> @jetmech879 said:

> Well my week just got freakin ruined. I got a call from my fitter telling me that my set of HMBs won’t ship till Friday even though Mizuno told me that preorders would ship last week. I pulled a dumba$$ move and sold my iron yesterday. I have 2 tournaments this weekend and no backup set!!! ?

Heard so many different reports. Mizuno told me they are trying to get them in the hands of their customers on launch day which is 9/20. So I won’t be surprised if they are shipping them now. But have not received any shipping confirmation yet.

> @jetmech879 said:

> Well my week just got freakin ruined. I got a call from my fitter telling me that my set of HMBs won’t ship till Friday even though Mizuno told me that preorders would ship last week. I pulled a dumba$$ move and sold my iron yesterday. I have 2 tournaments this weekend and no backup set!!! ?

That sucks for sure, but why sell before you have new set in hand? Supposed they arrived on time but the order was wrong? And how the heck are you on this site with only 1 set of irons?? :D

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9°(10°) - GD Tour AD UB 5

Taylormade BRNR 11.5°(13°) - GD Tour AD DI 6 

Taylormade SIM2 TI 5W 19°(18°) - GD Tour AD UB 7

Mizuno Pro 245 (4-pw) - DG120 S300

Mizuno T22 50° S Grind

Vokey SM8 56° D Grind

Vokey SM9 60° T Grind

Odyssey WH OG #7 Nano - Stroke Lab 3GEN Red

> @jetmech879 said:

No back up set? Turn in your WRX card....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> > @jetmech879 said:

> > Well my week just got freakin ruined. I got a call from my fitter telling me that my set of HMBs won’t ship till Friday even though Mizuno told me that preorders would ship last week. I pulled a dumba$$ move and sold my iron yesterday. I have 2 tournaments this weekend and no backup set!!! ?

>

> No back up set? Turn in your WRX card....

??? I know right!!!?!?!! Total non wrx move!!!

Guess I can quit thinking about these. Demoed them today and they are a bit above my paygrade. Guess despite all the talk of being larger than the MMC and P790. In the end they are in the MP family for a reason.

Looks like it will be T200 or T300 for me.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just got back from the pga superstore. From what i saw on videos and looking at pictures i thought these were going to be huge. I play the mp 18 fli hi/mmc/mb combo and from what i just saw the HMBs hide there spare tire better then the fli hi. They unfortunately hadn't recieved the t20 wedges yet which is what i went to buy but now im thinking hmb/mb combo is going on the credit card

Driver - JPX 900 9.5
Fairway - Mp 650 15
Irons - MP H4 2-3
- Mp 64 4-7
- Mp 4 8-pw
Wedges -MP T7 54 + 60
Putter - Mp T106