2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Akshay Bhatia - WITB September 2019

GolfWRX

How the heck that he get his hands on the Stroke Lab Ten?? Can't even get a release date and he's gaming one as an Am

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Odyssey Versa Seven Counterbalance w/ 17" SS 1.0P

> @KuroOuji54 said:

> > @BirdieBirdieX said:

> > How the heck that he get his hands on the Stroke Lab Ten?? Can't even get a release date and he's gaming one as an Am

>

> Hes a pro and on staff now

And he would have had as an Am as well

He was top 10 in the world

Gaming one off TM blades and putters before

Elite is elite

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

> @leftygolfer15 said:

> > @inditube said:

> > Ty Tryon signed with Callaway and was 17 where is he now?

>

> Peak WRX. Bravo sir!

I’m going to assume he read the Jonathan Wall article in Golf.com

https://www.golf.com/gear/pros-bags/2019/09/17/akshay-bhatia-callaway-equipment-deal-sanderson-farms-pro-debut/

Finally excited to see someone on Tour game a driver with weights to the max draw and the hozel in the draw setting! "Ain't no shame in his game!" For awhile I thought I was the only one who wanted a closed face and some draw biased weight that has a SS over 115mph and can find the center of the face regularly.

• Like 1

Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9* HZRDUS 70 6.5

Titleist Tsi2 15* Tensei RAW Blue 75X

Titleist Tsr2 21* Tensei Black 85 TX
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Titleist SM5 50.12F, SM6 56.14F, 60.08M
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

> @BirdieBirdieX said:

> How the heck that he get his hands on the Stroke Lab Ten?? Can't even get a release date and he's gaming one as an Am

Probably the same way he got a one off set of left handed P730's. Craziness.

• Like 1

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

> @webber said:

> Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

• Like 2

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

I don’t know his name, I live near the course Gankas teaches out of and I was talking to a caddy at the club about George and the caddies were saying he’s got a kid barely in high school that’s going to be next level. They probably said his name and I didn’t pay attention.

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @Lenny2 said:

> > Another Gankas kid. I heard he has a younger kid in the stable that is going to blow away everything we have seen yet.

>

> Who would that be??

> @MooJersey said:

> > @webber said:

> > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

>

> Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

• Like 2
Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

> @Lenny2 said:

>

> I don’t know his name, I live near the course Gankas teaches out of and **I was talking to a caddy at the club about George and the caddies were saying he’s got a kid barely in high school that’s going to be next level.** They probably said his name and I didn’t pay attention.

>

>

There have been so many amateurs that were hyped as being the next "one" or the new "next level" player for years on end and never panned out. The last one that actually met that criteria turned pro in late 1996. Since then... .

• Like 2

> @bigeasy said:

> > @MooJersey said:

> > > @webber said:

> > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> >

> > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

>

> Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

I would bet TM gave him a pretty damn solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> @inditube said:

> Ty Tryon signed with Callaway and was 17 where is he now?

Excellent logic. Surely no 17 year olds will ever amount to anything because one didn't.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @bigeasy said:

> > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > @webber said:

> > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > >

> > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> >

> > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

>

> I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> @webber said:

> Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

Oh come on, no need for the soap box. It always and in this case should come down to $$. This is a business and career for this kid. All the OEM make great stuff so it comes down to (especially as a rookie) to who will sign the biggest contract. Any of the OEM can make you whatever you want.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @OutBackHack said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > >

> > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > >

> > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> >

> > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

>

> Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

> @MooJersey said:

> > @OutBackHack said:

> > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > >

> > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > >

> > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > >

> > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> >

> > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

>

> See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @MooJersey said:

> > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > >

> > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > >

> > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> >

> > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

>

> You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

>

> Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

What did Victor Hovland do? He changed his whole bag also, Taylormade to Ping. Hasnt affected him one bit.

• Like 1
Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @MooJersey said:

> > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > >

> > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > >

> > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> >

> > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

>

> You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

>

> Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

How do you know his parents are giving him any money now that he’s a pro? More money from equipment contract equals more funds for travel.

> @DelPoncho said:

> one of the tuesday pics showed he was still practicing with his old red spider, wont be shocked if he returns to gaming old faithful

The information I saw was that he was going to be gaming the Epic Flash Driver this week, Callaway didn't mention any other Callaway equipment would be in his bag so I imagine he gets a grace period to work in the Callaway equipment when he get comfortable with it. I know it's a 14 club deal so at some point before the new year he will have a full Callaway bag but that could take some time seeing how long he gamed that Taylormade equipment.

TITLEIST TS3 10.5°

TITLEIST 915F 16.5°

TITLEIST 818 H1 21°

TITLEIST U500 4i

TITLEIST T100S 5-PW

TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48.10F/54.10F/58.08M

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT OG V-LINE

TITLEIST PRO V1

> @bigeasy said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > > >

> > > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > > >

> > > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> > >

> > > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

> >

> > You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> > He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> > So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> > Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

> >

> > Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

>

> What did Victor Hovland do? He changed his whole bag also, Taylormade to Ping. Hasnt affected him one bit.

Not gaming ping wedges or putter

> @canonlbp430 said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > > >

> > > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > > >

> > > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> > >

> > > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

> >

> > You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> > He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> > So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> > Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

> >

> > Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

>

> How do you know his parents are giving him any money now that he’s a pro? More money from equipment contract equals more funds for travel

Because I’ve heard him communicate that. His dad is very involved in his life (not in a bad way!) and is super supportive and has been for LONG time.

He’s going to travel the same amount this year as he did last year. Maybe even less