MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

Bad news, good news -- wasn't getting my approach shots terribly close on my back-nine round this morning, but the 2.1 was on fire from long range.  Left to right 45 footer for birdie on the par 3 #16, and a par-saving one putt from 23' on #18.

• Like 3

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

2 hours ago, 5baytjd said:

Bad news, good news -- wasn't getting my approach shots terribly close on my back-nine round this morning, but the 2.1 was on fire from long range.  Left to right 45 footer for birdie on the par 3 #16, and a par-saving one putt from 23' on #18.

Awesome news @5baytjd, this putter has been magical for me so far.  Good thing for us --- there are no pictures or videos on the scorecard so, whatever it takes to get it in the hole in the least amount of strokes the better!  The 2.1 makes this easier for me! 

• Like 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

26 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

All I can say is, I can't imagine me ever playing a different kind of putter. Kudos L.A.B.

Mr. Wolfe

Welcome to Team L.A.B. Mr. Wolfe !

• Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

Snell - MTB  Black

I think I’m willing to pay for expedited  shipping at this point. I gotta call them tomorrow.  Hoping to play Wednesday or Thursday as it gets to 50° those days.  

Edited by Minarets

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

What is everyone's preferred grip-style with the DF 2.1?  (Not the actual grip, but your hand position)  I putt with the Press II 3* and love it.  I am a right handed player and have been putting left hand low for the last 6 years.  I still think it works great with this putter, but I was wondering if there are any other grips that you all have been using that you have found works.  I have 10 foot putting mat and have been messing around with the claw, and I have mixed feelings about it.   With the claw, it seems like it takes my hands out of it and lets the putter do more of the work.  I also get a very solid "tock" sound while using the claw.  Not sure if I'm making better contact or what.

DF 2.1 users - What kind of grip do you have the most success with?

Edited by TylerJ89
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TylerJ89 said:

What is everyone's preferred grip with the DF 2.1?   I am a right handed player and have been putting left hand low for the last 6 years.  I still think it works great with this putter, but I was wondering if there are any other grips that you all have been using that you have found works.  I have 10 foot putting mat and have been messing around with the claw, and I have mixed feelings about it.   With the claw, it seems like it takes my hands out of it and lets the putter do more of the work.  I also get a very solid "tock" sound while using the claw.  Not sure if I'm making better contact or what.

I go left hand low and use the Press II 3º grip.  I make sure I keep my hands soft and let the putter do the work.  To firm of a grip and the hands take over and face angles get out of whack which results in pulls and pushes. 

• Like 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

1 hour ago, TylerJ89 said:

I go right hand low on my Press II 3º grip, with both thumbs laid very lightly on the top and my index fingers extended down each side, with the rest wrapped underneath.

• Like 1

Snell - MTB  Black

9 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

What is everyone's preferred grip-style with the DF 2.1?  (Not the actual grip, but your hand position)  I putt with the Press II 3* and love it.  I am a right handed player and have been putting left hand low for the last 6 years.  I still think it works great with this putter, but I was wondering if there are any other grips that you all have been using that you have found works.  I have 10 foot putting mat and have been messing around with the claw, and I have mixed feelings about it.   With the claw, it seems like it takes my hands out of it and lets the putter do more of the work.  I also get a very solid "tock" sound while using the claw.  Not sure if I'm making better contact or what.

I have used the claw grip for the past 3 years. I actually went back to a tradition grip with very light pressure with this putter. The claw made the putter feel lighter, but I may have had more grip pressure with the claw since you are carrying most of the weight of the putter in your forward hand. With tradition grip, I feel I can very lightly grip with both hands.

Definitely and individual choice with no wrong answers here. I was just surprised that I went back to the traditional grip.

Mr. Wolfe

Edited by Mr_Wolfe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rmyoung88 said:

Ordered mines on the 11/19.. still don't have it =( Spoke to my local fitter who ordered it, still waiting on LAB

I am super sorry. We are in the middle of moving the factory from Reno to Eugene and have fallen way behind. I promise we will get it out to you as soon as possible. This is the last week in Reno so I know they are trying to get a bunch out before the final move. Thanks so much for you patience!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, labgolf said:

I am super sorry. We are in the middle of moving the factory from Reno to Eugene and have fallen way behind. I promise we will get it out to you as soon as possible. This is the last week in Reno so I know they are trying to get a bunch out before the final move. Thanks so much for you patience!

How about expediting the shipping for all of us who are waiting? Heard multiple sorrys from LAB and Matt and now a super sorry, but no actual action behind the words. Just a thought to show your customers that you really are sorry for the long delays. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JA17 said:

How about expediting the shipping for all of us who are waiting? Heard multiple sorrys from LAB and Matt and now a super sorry, but no actual action behind the words. Just a thought to show your customers that you really are sorry for the long delays. 

The old "money talks", eh? Feel free to ask Matt if he will oblige. And if not, hopefully you'll trust us when we tell you we hate making folks wait. The demand has been unprecedented and the timing has been pretty rough with the move. Excuses, I know, but we really are sorry and we are working to ensure speedier delivery times.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, labgolf said:

The old "money talks", eh? Feel free to ask Matt if he will oblige. And if not, hopefully you'll trust us when we tell you we hate making folks wait. The demand has been unprecedented and the timing has been pretty rough with the move. Excuses, I know, but we really are sorry and we are working to ensure speedier delivery times.

Thank you Lab Golf for this post. I didn’t know about your move, so that is certainly an extenuating circumstance. I do want to make sure everyone who reads this thread knows that my first build was quick, but UPS damaged it in transit. This is the second putter they are building for me and I do trust that they are doing their best to make sure their customers are happy. As everyone who is familiar with this thread knows, these putters are awesome. Thanks for doing your best and I look forward to making more putts soon!

Edited by JA17
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

Hands even with right over left

8 hours ago, labgolf said:

We are in the middle of moving the factory from Reno to Eugene

Interested to hear what prompted the move.

• Like 1

Snell - MTB  Black

On 1/10/2021 at 9:46 PM, TylerJ89 said:

Only had my 2.1 for a couple of months now so success has been limited to my indoor 16’ putting mat.  The press II definitely takes some getting used to but the odd shape allows users to try different hand positions they wouldn’t/couldn’t with a traditional grip.  I really think switching to this putter is a great opportunity for golfers to reinvent themselves on the greens as long as they put the time and effort in (even more so than a traditional putter).

The Blast Motion sensor has allowed me to objectively quantify the stroke while experimenting with different hand positions.  I wish I would have bought one years ago.  I’ve always wanted to be a left hand low putter however, for me:

Left hand low consistently delivers a closed face at impact with too much pace.

Right hand low (baseball-all 10 digits on the club) consistently delivers an open face at impact and gets “flippy” with longer strokes. But better speed control.

Claw was fantastic on short putts (inside5’) but terrible on anything requiring a longer stroke.

I tried many variations of interlock, overlap, and grip pressures.  Even toyed with Jimenez reverse claw.  Hands more on top, underneath, neutral, in the palms or fingers - everything lol. I like to tinker & measure.

Ultimately have settled on a right hand low reverse pseudo double overlap

FOR THE WIN 💪🏼

** (your results may vary)

• Like 2

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, labgolf said:

I (sam) have been operating the company remotely from Eugene. The volume has gotten to a point where it was no longer sustainable. We have also grown out of our space in Reno so the timing seemed perfect.

If you guys need some help I'm kinda getting sick of my job 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 1/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, Minarets said:

I think I’m willing to pay for expedited  shipping at this point. I gotta call them tomorrow.  Hoping to play Wednesday or Thursday as it gets to 50° those days.  

Did you order with an upgraded shaft, or just the KBS?  I know now it's a little different, just curious what most people in here have ordered up till now.

• Like 1

I bought a blemished putter from the outlet on eBay and put it into play last month. Loved the putter so much, I ordered a properly fit putter. I thought headcover was made well, but after a little over a month, the material holding the magnets in place is disintegrating. It is only a matter of time that this headcover is useless.  

image.jpg

Edited by Negncic

2 hours ago, randr3wb said:

Did you order with an upgraded shaft, or just the KBS?  I know now it's a little different, just curious what most people in here have ordered up till now.

I ordered the stability tour shaft.  My putter finally shipped yesterday.   

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

15 hours ago, Negncic said:

I bought a blemished putter from the outlet on eBay and put it into play last month. Loved the putter so much, I ordered a properly fit putter. I thought headcover was made well, but after a little over a month, the material holding the magnets in place is disintegrating. It is only a matter of time that this headcover is useless.  

image.jpg

Email [email protected] and they'll get you taken care of

39 minutes ago, randr3wb said:

I'm going the route of hoping to catch one on eBay in my specs to try for a bit.  Assuming I like it as most have, going to go all out and do a custom with the Stability Tour.

That's what I did. You should make at least 90%-100% of your money back once you sell again.

Mr. Wolfe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

You should make at least 90%-100% of your money back once you sell again.

Depending on the timing in the market, you might even sell it for more than you bought if for, like I did.

I was selling at a time when there was almost nothing used listed on eBay, so I listed at top of the market, and sold it within a couple days.  Made the purchase of my new nickel 2.1 a little easier😄

Snell - MTB  Black