MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

10 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Does anyone have any experience with the arm lock and DF 2.1? The arm lock seems like a great putting method to remove variables, and the putter seems like it’s also trying to remove variables. How does the remote fitting process work for arm lock if I don’t currently have an arm lock for reference?

I would strongly recommend to try out armlocking first, before spending big money on it. Go into a store and roll a few putts with one or buy one cheap on the internet.

I loved the idea of armlocking but it took me only 30min on a practice green to realize: it's not for me. I was really happy that I tried it with a putter from a fellow member and did not buy a putter. That being said, if you like armlocking, the DF makes a lot of sense as the build it very intelligently (shaft forward vs just adding loft).

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

6 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

I would strongly recommend to try out armlocking first, before spending big money on it. Go into a store and roll a few putts with one or buy one cheap on the internet.

I loved the idea of armlocking but it took me only 30min on a practice green to realize: it's not for me. I was really happy that I tried it with a putter from a fellow member and did not buy a putter. That being said, if you like armlocking, the DF makes a lot of sense as the build it very intelligently (shaft forward vs just adding loft).

that makes sense. I was up at the local Dicks that has a smaller golf section and practice green and tested a longer Tommy Armour putter (not sure of full arm lock as it only came to about mid forearm) but I did like the consistency. The forward press didn’t bother me. One of my issues is that I try to do a forward press with my current putter, but I’m not consistent enough with the angle, so my putts end up flying by the hole when I press too much. With arm lock, as long as the ball and stance are setup the same, it should be consistent.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, tenacious84 said:

I see that 2nd Swing now has a nice assortment of LAB putters available on their website.  Unfortunately they aren't detail oriented enough to include the lie angle in the descriptions, so it really doesn't do the product or the customers justice.  talk about an unfortunate situation.

on a side note, i did call their hotline and they were able to connect me to the store the club was located and a gentleman there did measure it for me. 

We are going to be sending them a bunch of blems soon that will all be labeled. The ones they have are not directly from s so I think that nobody knew how important it was to include.

23 hours ago, Clemsonfan said:

Looking into this technology, I went to be fitted for an Edel putter two months ago - only they did not yet have the fitting system listed on the website. I was interested  in the torque-balanced technology after watching Mr. Edel's videos and an articulating stroke.  Practiced this along with a drill rolling along a 4' metal ruler, and my stroke became much more upright from my 69* putter, and confirmed by Puttlab.

This fitter had the Blade and the 2.1 there, but not adjustable, and they were way too flat for my stroke - 76* and 34*, which moved more upright after the aforementioned drill.  I have been using an old 340 gram head weight, Clay Long mallet putter that is Stainless Steel and able to be adjusted 7* without breaking.  I like how I am putting, but remain interested in the technology.  With these two putters, I lifted the heel and putted pretty well, all things considering.

Yesterday, went to a local fitter who had an adjustable, blue, 2.1 with the OG grip, and arranged a full putter fitting next Saturday.  In the interim, he confirmed the specs worked for me.  He had met Sam, and gone through a fitting.  What really piqued my curiosity was my ability to repeatedly hit a target about 8' away.  Rather than putt to a hole, I will often chase another ball around an indoor putting green, believing if I can hit that target from different spots that is a better indicator of my ability to launch online rather than rolling into a hole that most use.

I came up a little short versus my current putter with a similar stroke, and chalk that up to difference in weight.  I had a few questions before my fitting, which will be indoors and also on the Puttlab system.

Is there any difference in feel for the Nickel versus the aluminum putters?  I like the look of the nickel, but can't be fitted with that color.  

I set up 0.4* closed with my current putter, and believe this is a reaction to my stroke which is slightly open from address.  The fitter suggested another line or two to help my aim with the 2.1.  I don't know if we will be able to test next week.  I was leaning towards a half-ball outline - or a dot moved slightly back from the face.  I used a blade putter for 7 years without any markings to avoid any confusion or becoming ball bound.  This suggestion was a little startling to me.

The fitter, also suggested a larger putting grip, which we might be able to test next week.  I used a Superstroke 2.0 for years, and have never putted well with anything larger.  It appears the non- OG grips are much larger given the measurements.

I loved how solid the 2.1 felt on short putts, and look forward to the fitting next week. 

The nickel is the same material as the others, its just nickel plated rather than anodized. The press II, 3° is very similar in size to a SS 2.0. Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Does anyone have any experience with the arm lock and DF 2.1? The arm lock seems like a great putting method to remove variables, and the putter seems like it’s also trying to remove variables. How does the remote fitting process work for arm lock if I don’t currently have an arm lock for reference?

I agree with the above comment. If you are not already arm locking, I would suggest trying one of our conventional models first as you may find the stability you are looking for is already built into the LAB technology.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, nick561 said:

Just ordered a df2.1 yessir.   Anyone have any info on the lagp135 shaft that comes with it?  Not much info I can find online.   

also,  anyone have any pictures of one that’s not from the website?  Interested to see how it looks in none studio pics. 

@labgolf  can you provide any input regarding the shaft and any additional pics you may have of the yessir?   Can’t wait to get it. 

Edited by nick561

3 hours ago, nick561 said:

@labgolf  can you provide any input regarding the shaft and any additional pics you may have of the yessir?   Can’t wait to get it. 

The LAGP shaft is a very high end shaft that is hyper stiff yet feels pretty sweet. Its the brand shaft as is used by Bryson D and the very same shaft in Kevin Na's putter. AS for pics, I'll leave that up to you to post when you get it!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, labgolf said:

The LAGP shaft is a very high end shaft that is hyper stiff yet feels pretty sweet. Its the brand shaft as is used by Bryson D and the very same shaft in Kevin Na's putter. AS for pics, I'll leave that up to you to post when you get it!

Appreciate it.  I’ll post some pics when it arrives. 

• Like 1

My putter is finally here! Will take pictures as soon as I get outside with it.

First impression is really insanely good. I agree that the shaft going "backwards" looks absolutely weird at first, BUT I love the look of the blue and alignment #16 (company logo) and the size is a non-factor.

It's not nearly as big as I thought it would be after all the comments about size. Stroke feels really nice but I cant comment on feel so far (no carpet in the flat), but it is insane how stable it is through the stroke. I compared it back to back to my blade putter (60° toe hang) and the absence of torque is absolutely a totally different feel. In a good way.

Will keep you updated but I am absolutely pumped

edit: Had a long, hard thought about going with the OG grip, but the Press II feels perfect in my hand. Its not too tacky and nice and "firm"

IMG_8334.JPG

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups
  • Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Update on my torque-free journey. I liked the DF2.1 better on my putting mat at home (straight six footers) as it felt just slightly more stable than the B.2. In the wild, however, I think I prefer the B.2 as I find it easier to line up and I like my address position better. I feel more confident with it. I am feeling more confident than I probably ever have putting. I am keeping the DF2.1 in the stable for back-up, but I think I'm pretty committed to B.2 (I know some of you will think I am crazy, since I was saying how awesome the DF2.1 was in my living room!). But stability of stroke isn't everything. Ability to align and feel confident in your line and what you are looking down out is HUGE. If the DF2.1 is 1% or even 5% more stable than B.2, B.2, at least right now, aligns 50%-75% better and gives me much more confidence, which is immeasurable.

• Like 4

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

2 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Update on my torque-free journey. I liked the DF2.1 better on my putting mat at home (straight six footers) as it felt just slightly more stable than the B.2. In the wild, however, I think I prefer the B.2 as I find it easier to line up and I like my address position better. I feel more confident with it. I am feeling more confident than I probably ever have putting. I am keeping the DF2.1 in the stable for back-up, but I think I'm pretty committed to B.2 (I know some of you will think I am crazy, since I was saying how awesome the DF2.1 was in my living room!). But stability of stroke isn't everything. Ability to align and feel confident in your line and what you are looking down out is HUGE. If the DF2.1 is 1% or even 5% more stable than B.2, B.2, at least right now, aligns 50%-75% better and gives me much more confidence, which is immeasurable.

Not crazy... but a little surprising. Personally I cannot imagine the B.2 being easier to align, but it just goes to show you how everyone reacts differently to just about everything. 

• Like 3
What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

2 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

I get what he means in terms of ball position. (see below)

I was on the practice green for about an hour with my new DF 2.1 and would like to share some thoughts.

1. Look and weight

Looks is a clear winner. Everything from the build quality over the absolutely beautiful blue finish and the gorgeous headcover just oozes confidence for me. As you can see in my previous post, the heel-toe length is not that much longer than my Bettinardi was. The putter is heavier than my previous blade (330g) and I was worried that the heavier weight might ruin my lag putting. It did not. Its heavy when you pull it out of the bag, but during the stroke you dont feel the weight. Absence of torque I guess and it has been mentioned around here.

2. Feel/sound is very unique. It is actually the first golf club I ever tested or used where sound and feel differ drastically. Especially on longer putts, there is a higher pitched sound than the milled carbon steel blade I was coming from. No surprise. The feel however is absolutely superb. I could feel the difference between good strikes and bad ones, even though the results were pretty much the same. The weird thing is: I love that combination of sound and feel. Feel is VERY satisfying and the sound is strange at first, but its somehow a good sound. I cant describe it better, but its not like some drivers in the past where you hate the sound. Its loud, its going to turn heads. But hey, I use a blue branding DF 2.1, so it kinda matches.
In general, sound and feel were a big positive to my surprise. After 10 - 15 putts, I loved it.

3. Setup is WEEEEEIIIIIRD. I have a narrow putting stance and putting the end of the shaft in the middle of my stance puts the ball right in front of my left foot (about the big toe). It will take some time getting used to it, but I am pretty sure I will get over it.

4. Performance: Cant give too much information here, practice green was recently aerified (is that the correct english term? The little holes in the green lol) and sanded. BUT: I did not see any struggles in distance control, it goes about as far as my previous putter, but it does so no matter where I hit it on the face. Will play on Saturday and hopefully can comment about lag putts a little more then.

5. Short putts aka where I get anxious

Had to make this its own part. I bought the putter because my short and medium range putting sucks. Lag putting is - together with chipping - the strongest part of my game. Mid range putts are usually not far off, but I dont make as many as I should. Short putts are bad. I almost developed the Yips at the end of last year. While I cant comment to much on mid range putts, short putts with the DF were insanely good yesterday

6. I am so surprised that I love this putter so much on the subjective stuff. I imagined hating it at first but have it grow on me after I sink some birdie puts. I hope the performance lives up to it. And to quote @labgolf: I promise you'll love it.

I also quite like the uniqueness of it

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• Like 2

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

6 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

I get what he means in terms of ball position. (see below)

I was on the practice green for about an hour with my new DF 2.1 and would like to share some thoughts.

And to quote @labgolf: I promise you'll love it.

I also quite like the uniqueness of it

Great write-up, BABC. I agree with everything you said about DF2.1. I think the reason I like B.2 better in the wild is all due to alignment and visuals. I like the ball position to be where I have the leading edge of the ball in line with the inside edge of my left foot. I also prefer a narrower stance and just slightly more weight on my left foot to kind of stack on my left side. I like the shaft to be straight up vertical (no shaft lean either direction), but not coming directly out of the middle of my body, but just forward of middle, kind of between sternum and heart. Also, I've always played a blade and I just like the looks of it better. I like the razor sharp lines on the B.2, the way it frames the ball, and it just makes it easier to line up with how I visualize the ball leaving the face and the path it will roll on to the hole. By contrast, I think some of the angles on the DF2.1 with how the shaft enters the head and where the grip is and the long head (from face to rear) just kind of have me asking myself questions. I have tried a lot of bigger mallets over the years and they just kind of throw me off in terms of alignment and visuals. One thing that's kind of weird to me, when you have a long face to rear head, is that it feels like a long straight line, and I know the putter path needs to have some arc, so it feels weird to me to swing something that long and straight on an arc, and it makes me feel like I need to swing it more like one of those pirate ships at a theme park, if that makes sense, and that isn't the best feel for me. It's why I didn't get an alignment pattern with a line that goes all the way from the face to the rear of the putter. I want to forget about the long back of the putter as much as I can, and I just don't know if I can do it well enough. By contrast, the slim, sleek, narrow (front-to-back) B.2 feels perfectly free to travel on the ideal slight arc I am used to. Also, the sound and feel of the B.2 is by far superior, imo. Solid thwack.

• Like 3

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

On 4/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, cjbgolfer said:

does anyone know how to grip the putter with the press III grip? Do you still grip it with the lifeline of the hand as a usual putter? Am struggling with right to left putts with this putter as am massively left eye dominant. Pics of how it should be gripped appreciated for conventional grip.

If your are struggling with a specific type of putt, strong chance its an alignment issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cbb said:

I've heard a few folks reference DF2.1 models up on Ebay, but I'm struggling to find the official L.A.B. Ebay store. Can someone share a link?

labgolfoutlet is where they list their items on eBay.

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

11 hours ago, cbb said:

I've heard a few folks reference DF2.1 models up on Ebay, but I'm struggling to find the official L.A.B. Ebay store. Can someone share a link?

Looking for a blackDF2.1 at 35.5" and a lie angle of 69.

I got my factory second by emailing [email protected] after recommendation from @labgolf and other users on here. 

He then sent me a sheet to fill in. It was quick and accurate and the putter is in perfect shape.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

22 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Did anyone in the thread try the stability tour shaft? It’s a big upgrade cost for a putter that’s already supposed to be stable.

Yes, its good but I personally think the stock kbs steel is/was just as good and stable.  I was able to play both as I originally ordered my df 2.1 with the kbs steel and then a couple of months later I sent it in for a shaft upgrade and I don’t see a difference in performance. That said, the stability tour is approx 15g lighter than the kbs steel and I could really feel the weight difference and didn’t like it. In the end, LAB was ultimately able to resolve the issue but I did have to send it back to them.  Overall, unless your getting a broomstick putter or have money to burn stick with the kbs steel.

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches
  • Like 2

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

My present order status still shows "processing"... anyone know all of the order status steps ???

So I tried the DF 2.1 and I really liked the stroke but was used to a armlock so it was hard to do the switch but I’m now looking at armlock DF 

anyone had a betti armlock that did the switch to DF

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Tripple Diamond *9, Fujikura Motore X F1 6 XStiff

Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 

Irons: Mizuno MP5

Wedges: Honma

Putter: Scotty Kombi Long

Ball: Pro v1 

3 hours ago, Calle83 said:

So I tried the DF 2.1 and I really liked the stroke but was used to a armlock so it was hard to do the switch but I’m now looking at armlock DF 

anyone had a betti armlock that did the switch to DF

Too funny, right here.

I am literally putting my arm-lock Betti on eBay today because I don’t need it any more - I just received my L.A.B. Arm-lock this week and am so impressed with it that I’m selling off many of my older putters.  

Make sure you get custom-fit by Liam - I sent my videos while using a putting mirror so I knew my head would be right over the ball.  My set up with the new LAB feels perfect.  

I was so impressed I bought a broomstick and a masters-edition standard DF2.1 as well.  I will post pics when I receive them.

To sum it up - I believe this is the best arm-lock putter out there.  I love the EVNRoll midlock V too if you can’t get over the look of these and have no reservations recommending that as well.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, manVSgolf said:

Too funny, right here.

I am literally putting my arm-lock Betti on eBay today because I don’t need it any more - I just received my L.A.B. Arm-lock this week and am so impressed with it that I’m selling off many of my older putters.  

Make sure you get custom-fit by Liam - I sent my videos while using a putting mirror so I knew my head would be right over the ball.  My set up with the new LAB feels perfect.  

I was so impressed I bought a broomstick and a masters-edition standard DF2.1 as well.  I will post pics when I receive them.

To sum it up - I believe this is the best arm-lock putter out there.  I love the EVNRoll midlock V too if you can’t get over the look of these and have no reservations recommending that as well.

GREAT thx for the info ! 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Tripple Diamond *9, Fujikura Motore X F1 6 XStiff

Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 

Irons: Mizuno MP5

Wedges: Honma

Putter: Scotty Kombi Long

Ball: Pro v1 

5 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

Too funny, right here.

My club has a lab putter fitter and the arm lock lab putter keeps calling my name. What shaft did you end up in? My putting recently has been atrocious, and the df 2.1 seems like a wonderful piece of tech to help.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, N2N2 said:

I went ahead and changed from Press II to OG.  I changed wanting a smaller grip.  After 2 rounds I'm a little torn, but I think the edge goes to OG.  It is really easy to have a light grip with the OG.  Yes; it is different, but doesn't bother me.  That said, I'm still not used to not having a flat front.  I had at least 3-4 really great putts today.  It might have changed the feel slightly going to OG, but very small in my opinion.  Maybe it because I hadn't invested a lot of time with this putter and Press II.  I still think this putter can be great for me.  Just need more repetition. 

Weather this spring has been terrible and I haven't played enough golf.  That said, I've played enough to know I really like this putter.  The OG grip is definitely a better fit for me than Press II.  I would have never guessed it or picked this grip because the first few times you grab it is so different.  

Short 2.1 Broomstick update. Life slowly getting back to normal so only 3 official rounds in so far this season. (I live in the Northeast so weather just turned warm anyway). Handicap down almost a full point in 3 rounds and about to get down to a 3 handle. Averaging 34 putts per round so far. Huge upgrade from my 37-39 putts per round from last season. Distance control is really incredible and everything is basically a tap in 2 putt. I have only one 3 putt in 3 rounds and anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I was a 3 putt machine. If anything this putter has exposed my already known horrendous green reading abilities. Said it before and I will say it again, well done Lab Golf. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS 72

Titleist Pro V1

19 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

My club has a lab putter fitter and the arm lock lab putter keeps calling my name. What shaft did you end up in? My putting recently has been atrocious, and the df 2.1 seems like a wonderful piece of tech to help.

I went with the long Stability (original, blue text).  

• Like 1

I had been on fire in my brief honeymoon phase with the putter upon arrival in Feb.  went on a guys trip end of last month and for the first time having it, really struggled. Not bad putting but just not getting anything to fall. Even short ones.  It had continued in to this month.  My lag putting had been hit and miss during this time period to the point where I almost put it up and brought out my old trusty Ping Vault 2.0 stealth Ketsch.  That said, I didn’t go down that path and went to practice yesterday and today and found I had the ball too close to the middle of my stance and not the shaft.  If I put where the shaft intersects the head in the middle of my stance, not only did the ball come off more true, it felt more pure on the face. Lag putting was way more reliable in the practice green as well.   Can’t wait to get a round in to see if that’s the magic I was looking for.  

• Like 4

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS