MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

I'm sure that I'll be going through an adjustment period also. Keep us posted.

• Like 1
What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

The more I practice with it the better my putting has become. It also helps that my green reading abilities (using AimPoint) is also improving and helped.  For my practice routine, I am performing the following....

PUTTING
25 in a row from 3'
10 in a row from 20 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle 
10 in a row from 30 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle 

3-foot compass drill

6-foot compass drill

• Like 3

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

On 4/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, SugarLandGolfer said:

Did anyone in the thread try the stability tour shaft? It’s a big upgrade cost for a putter that’s already supposed to be stable.

I have to disagree with SonsofPitches, I have two 2.1 putters, both are 34.5", one with the KBS and one with the Stability Tour Shaft.  I much prefer the Stability Tour.  I like the feel better and it feels more consistent to me, especially on longer putts.  Is it drastic?  No.  Different preferences I suppose.

A little more in depth update on my new putter. I have 54 holes and a total of about 2,5h of practice in with it.

Subjective stuff:

The "weirdness" at setup I mentioned in a previous post vanished the first time I tried to make an actual putt on the course. I putt the ball down (more on that below), set up, rock the shoulders and the ball stays on its intended line. Still love looks and feel.

Performance/On course:

The good:

1. I did not really go through a real adjustment period yet. Part of it may be that my previous putter was light and I always had a long, smooth stroke which seems to suit the L.A.B. putters. I just have to remember to have the ball far enough forward and keep a light grip pressure.

2.The lack of torque is so obvious during the stroke, it's not even funny and it leads to easy manipulation of the face (in a bad way) if the grip is too tight. If "let loose" it really just swings itself on my natural arc with the face staying dead square.

3. Best part about the putter: I am not anxious over a 3-5 footer anymore. They are almost automatic. My only missed short putts so far were due to missreading or hitting through the break.

4. The tech in this putter just works as advertised. It is SO true to whats advertised I was almost pleasantly surprised despite having really high expectations. I do absolutely think every golfer should give these at least a try. My dad is already jealous and wants to test it when Covid finally allows me to visit my parents again. He is a horrible putter and I can almost guarantee he will buy one himself.

5. I have honestly never sunk that many 10-15 foot putts in my life. Might be honeymoon, but I dont care.

6. The roll on this is no joke. No skidding, no hoping, nothing. Just true, beautiful end-over-end roll. I really have never enjoyed watching balls roll on a green than in the last week and a half - and that is on recently aerated and sanded April greens.

The "bad":

With that light a grip pressure I have still a little trouble with speed control, but it got A LOT better over the 36 holes. So I do think I will adjust to it quickly and maybe more quickly than others as I have always controlled distance via length of stroke (which is the way @labgolf recommended several times in this thread). Having to adjust from a putter that I just for 12 years which equals roughly 80% of my whole golfing career.

So far, no negatives to the putter except for the immense space it takes in the bag lol. More of a convenience thing than an actual problem though.

The unusual:

1. I pushed pretty much every putt for the first 8-12 holes or so, until I noticed that its not the putter but my alignment. Seems I have pulled my previous putter a lot. On 13 I lined the line on the ball to the hole and it went dead in the middle of the coup.

2. No comments on how it looks yet. Only jealous comments after I made a ~12 foot birdie putt on 18 last sunday.

3. I missread a couple of putts because of how well this putter rolls the ball. I missed a lot of short putts high and a lot of longer putts long because the ball just kept going and going rather than breaking or stopping. 

Summary:

It is in the bag and will not leave anytime soon, even if the first results are only a honeymoon period. If the putter continues half as well as it started so far, it's going to shave 2-3 strokes off my average score. I will mostly need to practice the distance control and keep learning how it goes through break, plus use a line on the ball for aiming and everything is fine.

And finally, thanks to everyone in this thread for encouraging me to buy this putter. Thanks to @labgolf for the amazing customer service on here and via E-mail (Liam and Trey). @labgolf promised me, I'll love it and I do. I will keep you posted to hopefully lure even more people into trying these

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 4/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, SugarLandGolfer said:

Does anyone have any experience with the arm lock and DF 2.1? The arm lock seems like a great putting method to remove variables, and the putter seems like it’s also trying to remove variables. How does the remote fitting process work for arm lock if I don’t currently have an arm lock for reference?

I have one in armlock. I love the set up of the putter...but I dislike the feel of the putter

I've tried many different armlock styles and the DF 1000% sets up the best. The forward shaft lean makes it much more comfortable and allows me to set the putter down square and I don't feel like I have to hood the putter to get into position. 

The feel of these things is just...not good...IMO. I'm going to keep putting with it and compare to my SIK armlock. 

Again. love the set up. Don't love the feel and how far forward the ball needs to be in the stance

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

On 3/20/2021 at 9:41 AM, ThinkingPlus said:

That's because the only sound that matters is the one made by the ball when in hits the bottom of the cup.

edit: @ThinkingPlus100%!!!!

I certainly enjoy little to no sound and a very solid feeling from mine.  Not sure what the heck to type after this....

Edited by moonshine
forgot comment
  • Like 1

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I dont know why so many people have issues with sound and feel with this putter. The sound is a little louder than other putters, but the feel is just solid and very pleasing.

• Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Can't remember if this has been covered before here, but anyone have any experience with the ACCRA shaft in a LAB putter, particularly a B.2? I don't see a write-up about it on the website. I know some have said the BGT Stability Tour does feel more stable than the KBS CT Tour and also makes the putter head feel lighter than the KBS CT Tour (which I wouldn't mind). Any thoughts on the ACCRA?

I'm becoming more and more convinced B.2 is right for me. I do think I need my putter to be an inch longer though (from 35.5" to 36.5" - I'm tall). I'm getting old and don't like bending over so much (especially for lengthy period of time practicing)!

Thanks!

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

22 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Can't remember if this has been covered before here, but anyone have any experience with the ACCRA shaft in a LAB putter, particularly a B.2? I don't see a write-up about it on the website. I know some have said the BGT Stability Tour does feel more stable than the KBS CT Tour and also makes the putter head feel lighter than the KBS CT Tour (which I wouldn't mind). Any thoughts on the ACCRA?

I'm becoming more and more convinced B.2 is right for me. I do think I need my putter to be an inch longer though (from 35.5" to 36.5" - I'm tall). I'm getting old and don't like bending over so much (especially for lengthy period of time practicing)!

Thanks!

If you are looking to lighten it a bit, the BGT will be better

• Like 1

6 hours ago, labgolf said:

If you are looking to lighten it a bit, the BGT will be better

Thanks for the reply. How is the stability and feel of the ACCRA compared the BGT?

Edited by bobbyclampett!!

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Here’s the collection.  I am sending in the Masters edition to have re-shafted and re-griped (the Stability Tour w/red text and the OG grip - feels more solid and sturdy than the Press No 2 grip). 

I love all of these putters, but for my money the wrist-lock is going to be my most-trusted gamer.  I started using Tour Tempo this week and immediately noticed a huge difference throughout my entire game - especially putting.  

E5CD96F2-0D5E-4450-B2AC-513EC9196090.jpeg

4C384090-A42B-471C-85DD-BA998AAD8AB9.jpeg

820F3FBC-4ABD-419B-961B-9D05033599E2.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, manVSgolf said:

Here’s the collection.  I am sending in the Masters edition to have re-shafted and re-griped (the Stability Tour w/red text and the OG grip - feels more solid and sturdy than the Press No 2 grip). 

I love all of these putters, but for my money the wrist-lock is going to be my most-trusted gamer.  I started using Tour Tempo this week and immediately noticed a huge difference throughout my entire game - especially putting.  

E5CD96F2-0D5E-4450-B2AC-513EC9196090.jpeg

4C384090-A42B-471C-85DD-BA998AAD8AB9.jpeg

820F3FBC-4ABD-419B-961B-9D05033599E2.jpeg

Is the long one (nickel) a broomstick, and the medium (red) an arm lock? Are you calling the arm lock your wrist lock that you’ll be gaming?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

Yes and yes, my bad on the arm/wrist lock error.  The nickel color is amazing.

Thanks for sharing your collection with us !

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

Continue to grind myself into getting the distances right with this putter. Also got a hang on how these behave when facing breaking putts (they go straighter than I used to). I also do feel more confident on midrange putts (12-20feet). While its not like they all go in, I made a couple (2) nice birdies last round from 12 and 15ft. Whats even nicer is, that all putts from that disctance that miss, tend to be in tap-in range. If I get my lagputting somewhere close to where it was with my old putter, putting will be a strength of mine.

2 hours ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Anyone with either the blue or red, does it show wear very quickly?

I have the blue and was playing the first couple of times with it on sanded greens and was shocked at a lot of little white marks. But they do go away when you wipe it with a damp towel. So far (4 practice sessions, 6 rounds) the putter does not show any wear fwiw. Greens are still a little sandy and I am not someone to baby my clubs.

BTW, the blue is beyond stunning in person, pics dont do it justice

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups
  • Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

1 hour ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

Continue to grind myself into getting the distances right with this putter. Also got a hang on how these behave when facing breaking putts (they go straighter than I used to). I also do feel more confident on midrange putts (12-20feet). While its not like they all go in, I made a couple (2) nice birdies last round from 12 and 15ft. Whats even nicer is, that all putts from that disctance that miss, tend to be in tap-in range. If I get my lagputting somewhere close to where it was with my old putter, putting will be a strength of mine.

I have the blue and was playing the first couple of times with it on sanded greens and was shocked at a lot of little white marks. But they do go away when you wipe it with a damp towel. So far (4 practice sessions, 6 rounds) the putter does not show any wear fwiw. Greens are still a little sandy and I am not someone to baby my clubs.

BTW, the blue is beyond stunning in person, pics dont do it justice

Thanks. My club has them so I’ve seen both in person and they are stunning. I’m debating whether I want to feel hot and confident (red) or calm and cool (blue) when I'm putting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

Thanks. My club has them so I’ve seen both in person and they are stunning. I’m debating whether I want to feel hot and confident (red) or calm and cool (blue) when I'm putting.

Besides the very first red Spider Tour, I never liked any red putters as most of them are looking cheap in person. I also am a Mizuno Fanboy, so I always tend towards blue. I have never seen a red DF in person though, I bet it looks as classy as the blue. I am super happy with mine and have not even once regretted the choice to go Blue

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Serious question, not trying to start trouble.

Isn’t the intention of the DF and other similar type putters (zero to low torque) to hold on loosely and let the putter do the work?

Wouldn’t locking in by arm lock, wrist lock, broom handle, chest or belly lock all defeat the purpose of the DF and other similar type putters?

Couldn’t or wouldn’t the “locked in” part of the body now be in control? Couldn’t or wouldn’t this prevent the head from doing what it is designed to do? That being, stay square to the lie (path), etc.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

10 minutes ago, Cwing said:

Serious question, not trying to start trouble.

Isn’t the intention of the DF and other similar type putters (zero to low torque) to hold on loosely and let the putter do the work?

Wouldn’t locking in by arm lock, wrist lock, broom handle, chest or belly lock all defeat the purpose of the DF and other similar type putters?

Couldn’t or wouldn’t the “locked in” part of the body now be in control? Couldn’t or wouldn’t this prevent the head from doing what it is designed to do? That being, stay square to the lie (path), etc.

This is a great question. Early on, I used to try and talk folks out of armlock versions of our putter for this reason. Or I would at least encourage them to try the standard first. What I have come to realize is that torque impacts path almost as much as face angle. Yes, the big grips and increased surface area connection to the body help mitigate a lot of torque but not all of it. As I have now messed around with our arm locks vs. others, you DEFINITELY still feel the effects of torque on an armlock. Armlock putters are usually a bit heavier and with torque, I can absolutely feel the putter try to jut inside in the takeaway with torquing putters. Also, if you are already an arm locker and face angle is not your concern (even though it should be), you will find that our putters sole way better than others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, labgolf said:

Stability (stiffnes) is more than the KBS but a little less than the BGT. I much prefer the feel of the ACCRA. I would describe it as "lively".

Thank you so much for the reply! Also like the look of the white and the classic taper.

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

4 minutes ago, Pinky5 said:

Are there any pros using these putters yet?

Nobody on the big tour at the moment but we actually have 6 in play at the PGA professionals championship right now. For us, this is a better endorsement than the tour guys because these guys pay for their gear rather than getting paid to play it!

• Like 3

On 4/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, osubuckeyes691 said:

I have one in armlock. I love the set up of the putter...but I dislike the feel of the putter

I've tried many different armlock styles and the DF 1000% sets up the best. The forward shaft lean makes it much more comfortable and allows me to set the putter down square and I don't feel like I have to hood the putter to get into position. 

The feel of these things is just...not good...IMO. I'm going to keep putting with it and compare to my SIK armlock. 

Again. love the set up. Don't love the feel and how far forward the ball needs to be in the stance

osubuckeyes691.  thanks for sharing your arm lock DF comments.  Been using arm locks and then wanted to try LAB.  Have both DF and Blad but miss the arm lock.  How did you determine the lie angle for a arm lock version of DF?  What kind of grip did you get on it?  What alignment marking did you get?  Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

2 hours ago, labgolf said:

This is a great question. Early on, I used to try and talk folks out of armlock versions of our putter for this reason. Or I would at least encourage them to try the standard first. What I have come to realize is that torque impacts path almost as much as face angle. Yes, the big grips and increased surface area connection to the body help mitigate a lot of torque but not all of it. As I have now messed around with our arm locks vs. others, you DEFINITELY still feel the effects of torque on an armlock. Armlock putters are usually a bit heavier and with torque, I can absolutely feel the putter try to jut inside in the takeaway with torquing putters. Also, if you are already an arm locker and face angle is not your concern (even though it should be), you will find that our putters sole way better than others.

Think I was one of the guys you nudged in the direction of trying the standard first.  I have both the DF and the Blad.  Like them both but I miss the arm lock.  I need all the help i can get with my putting.  I do love the way the DF soles and think that would be a big help with arm lock version.  How do you determine the lie angle for an arm lock?  I had both the video fitting and an in person which both came in at 70 lie angle.  

41 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Think I was one of the guys you nudged in the direction of trying the standard first.  I have both the DF and the Blad.  Like them both but I miss the arm lock.  I need all the help i can get with my putting.  I do love the way the DF soles and think that would be a big help with arm lock version.  How do you determine the lie angle for an arm lock?  I had both the video fitting and an in person which both came in at 70 lie angle.  

Were those fittings done with an arm lock or conventional putter?