MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

I received my custom DF 2.1.  I went with the 1.5 press grip and have no complaints.  I love it. 

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Edited by jamie
  • Like 4

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 6:19 AM, Longballjock said:

Received my Mezz Max Broom, well one practice session in and I can really feel thr just rocking the shoulders feel like my hands are completely out it. Made 20 8 foot putts in a row which I have never done with my drills.

Hopefully it continues but incase it doesn't I picked up a DF 2.1 in my specs just incase.

20221224_115054.jpg.4539c2fd7047e7f466dc11cb4021e142.jpg

How long was your build time?

• Like 1

@labgolf What’s the difference in MOI for the Link vs Mezz vs MezzMax vs the artist formally known as directed force. Asking as a golfer who aims better with a blade but doesn’t hit the center of the putter very often. 

Guessing the response will be a stick to your DF 2.1 and you’ll shoot your eye out. Thanks 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 2:28 AM, Dulaney11 said:

How long was your build time?

Hi, I had my mezz max in 4 weeks. Was a great turnaround and super happy with it.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

On 1/10/2023 at 12:40 PM, spacetime said:

@labgolf What’s the difference in MOI for the Link vs Mezz vs MezzMax vs the artist formally known as directed force. Asking as a golfer who aims better with a blade but doesn’t hit the center of the putter very often. 

Guessing the response will be a stick to your DF 2.1 and you’ll shoot your eye out. Thanks 

The3 LINK is gonna be more forgiving than other putters with the same profile but no contest compared to the DF.

• Like 3

A few questions 

Very confused why lab outlet sells build your own blemish putter cheaper then the used built ones. Is it because they will take quicker to ship?

Anyone know the head weights on the broomstick?  

Is the max xl different from the mezz max?

thanks

Edited by jestein1679

I call him blue boy

31DBE64E-ACDF-4413-B666-9A4550805D38.jpeg

B3C6126B-DB65-4099-8123-E2E07F04A73D.jpeg

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

1 hour ago, TimBuma said:

@labgolf I play a Scotty Cameron teryllium with a stability shaft and love the shape. Now my question is whether I should go with the link because of its similar head shape to what I like or go with the Mezz for something different. Help!

There's not a scientific way to answer this question. I could make a good argument either way.

• Like 1

So after watching a buddy at my club go from a bad putter to a really good putter with the DF 2.1 in about a week it peaked my interest. Went to the website and watched the videos describing the theory and definitely made sense to me. I have always been a pretty good putter with the standard mallet. I have also been interested in trying an Armlock putter just because it seems like it has to be easier.

So I figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone and bought the below. Armlock with Accra shaft, 41.5" long with 73.5* lie angle, red head and Jumbomax Flat 17" grip.

image.png.ccadd05d82413dcbf1df35e87f9c78da.png

After watching the putting videos on You Tube and rolling this on the putter mat at home I can't wait to get to the course. DEFINITELY putt better with it than my gamer which was really surprising to me. Just has to dry up now.

• Like 2

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

2 hours ago, TimBuma said:

Now my question is whether I should go with the link because of its similar head shape to what I like or go with the Mezz for something different. Help!

@TimBumaWon't disagree with the answer from the source above but I will say that as someone who has gamed blade putters my entire life, moving to a DF 2.1 was jarring. It took me a few weeks to acclimate (mostly aiming) but now I love my spaceship. I would think there would be a brief period of adjustment with the Mezz as well even though it is closer to fang style putter and not as much of a departure as the DF 2.1 is from the standard look of a putter. The mezz likely offers some more "forgiveness" on off center strikes vs the Link.1 but whether or not that matters probably depends on how often you think you slightly miss the sweet spot of your putter. 

One other thing....you are likely aware but the stock version of the Mezz will incorporate the "press" grip whereas the stock version of the Link.1 will have a standard grip. The press grip  (where it setups automatically with forward press) took some getting used to for me but I believe in the technology....so something else to consider. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

8 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

So after watching a buddy at my club go from a bad putter to a really good putter with the DF 2.1 in about a week it peaked my interest. Went to the website and watched the videos describing the theory and definitely made sense to me. I have always been a pretty good putter with the standard mallet. I have also been interested in trying an Armlock putter just because it seems like it has to be easier.

So I figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone and bought the below. Armlock with Accra shaft, 41.5" long with 73.5* lie angle, red head and Jumbomax Flat 17" grip.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/404105cadf4a5444e772eafdc4b6c30205455c0e294657c9421d9b92becfdfed/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/404105cadf4a5444e772eafdc4b6c30205455c0e294657c9421d9b92becfdfed/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.png.ccadd05d82413dcbf1df35e87f9c78da.png

After watching the putting videos on You Tube and rolling this on the putter mat at home I can't wait to get to the course. DEFINITELY putt better with it than my gamer which was really surprising to me. Just has to dry up now.

Can’t wait to hear how you like it. I had short stint with an Odyssey Armlock before my sweet angel showed up…a LAB DF 2.1 Broomstick. Like to know how this head works as an Armlock. 

Witches supposed to fly on broomsticks, but my LAB Broomstick ain’t know witch wagon. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I went to PGA superstore and did some testing with the NEW Link 1, Mezz and DF 2.1 and I have to say that the Link 1 looks amazing in person and feels like a really nice blade. I was playing with a Bettinardi for the last 7 years. That just change after I tried my 2.1. I think that LAB will sell a ton of Link 1 as they are much more conventional looking but even if they all cost the same I would still take a 2.1. it is just feels that special and balanced to me. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PDFPXG said:

I went to PGA superstore and did some testing with the NEW Link 1, Mezz and DF 2.1 and I have to say that the Link 1 looks amazing in person and feels like a really nice blade. I was playing with a Bettinardi for the last 7 years. That just change after I tried my 2.1. I think that LAB will sell a ton of Link 1 as they are much more conventional looking but even if they all cost the same I would still take a 2.1. it is just feels that special and balanced to me. 

I much prefer the Link to the Mezz and Mezz to the DF2.1. That said the DF2.1 is so damn stable I feel guilty for not using it.  

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I guess that is my point, the DF2.1 just was easier to swing, stable and no twist even on off center hits which I do some times OTHER than looks I feel like the DF2.1 will have better results over a season vs the other LAB versions that do look good and still have zero torque. More importantly I am surprised that LAB does not have more market share. Is it just price that keeps people away?  

20 minutes ago, PDFPXG said:

I guess that is my point, the DF2.1 just was easier to swing, stable and no twist even on off center hits which I do some times OTHER than looks I feel like the DF2.1 will have better results over a season vs the other LAB versions that do look good and still have zero torque. More importantly I am surprised that LAB does not have more market share. Is it just price that keeps people away?  

I think the price is certainly a deterrent for sure but mostly its just that so few people are aware of us and many of the folks who are aware don't really "get it". Its our job to educate and we're slowly doing the job. That said, for a company our size that's been around for so little time (relatively speaking) we're doing great. We've double in size each of the last 4 years and are projecting the same this year. Much of the credit belongs to the technology itself but a ton belongs to folks like you who not only took the risk on our weird a** putters, but also take the time to tell others about it! So thank you!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, drza3 said:

I just wanted to give a shout out to the LAB team for turning around a reshaft in my DF2.1 broomstick in 24 hours.  Incredible!!  I can't wait to get it back with the Accra shaft.

Did you have steel in it before? I have it in mine and was wondering what difference it would make with an Accra, especially in a broomstick. 

Look forward to your feedback with the new shaft. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

14 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Did you have steel in it before? I have it in mine and was wondering what difference it would make with an Accra, especially in a broomstick. 

Look forward to your feedback with the new shaft. 

I did have steel before.  Will add some thoughts once I get it back and spend a little time with it

• Thanks 1

Sam Hahn was on the podcast "figuring it out - a golf podcast."  He shared some great stories about the company and getting the putter in the hands of tour players. Well worth the listen on a drive. 

Edit: best part is when the host asks Sam what's in his bag. He does the golfwrx forum proud! 😂

https://backtracks.fm/discover/s/figuring-it-out-a-golf-podcast/4b5d4da7eb150145

Edited by ernotte
Added
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:43 AM, labgolf said:

I think the price is certainly a deterrent for sure but mostly its just that so few people are aware of us and many of the folks who are aware don't really "get it". Its our job to educate and we're slowly doing the job. That said, for a company our size that's been around for so little time (relatively speaking) we're doing great. We've double in size each of the last 4 years and are projecting the same this year. Much of the credit belongs to the technology itself but a ton belongs to folks like you who not only took the risk on our weird a** putters, but also take the time to tell others about it! So thank you!!

I'm sure price point is a deterrent.

Have a few questions.

Before Christmas PGATSS had 2 Mezz Max, both blue. I rolled both of them. Very nice. Solid with a muted "thock" sound. Rolled great.

They never got any others until a few days ago. Again, 2 blue Mezz Max w/white Accra, but 1 black one, steel shaft, all 35" models. Also got 5 Links, 4 35", and 1 (finally) 34". They don't have the lie angle mentioned on the price tag.

Anywho, these 3 Max models all have a low pitch "ting" to them. A bit off-putting frankly. How would they sound so different ?

Also, when a store like PGATSS orders your putters, do they order separately for each store ? Or do they order 4,000 of them an distribute them around the various stores around the country ? Do they order the colors or do you just make the blue ones for stock ? Also, why are there so many 35" models and so few 34" ones ? Do you make/ship 33" models ?

I know the lie angle can't be changed but what about the length ? Can they easily be cut down ? And if so they'd have to have a new grip, yes ? The old one can't be saved and reused, correct ?

Would there be any problems cutting one down ? I mean I know the swing weight would change slightly but other than that would it still be lie angle balanced ?

TIA

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

On 1/25/2023 at 12:18 PM, SEP1006 said:

image.png.ccadd05d82413dcbf1df35e87f9c78da.png

Finally got out to the course today for 18. First impressions, absolutely love this putter. Got the lag putting down quicker than I thought but definitely still room for improvement. Been practicing at home the last 3 days but still getting comfortable with the Armlock stroke. I have always been a "pop" putter ( think Snedeker ) so this will take more time.

But overall I can easily see this staying in the bag for a long time. Just instills confidence.

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

36 minutes ago, philsRHman said:

@labgolf the only downside is the head cover. 8 months and it’s shot. All the piping has basically disintegrated. I see replacements on the site but they look the same as what I have. Any custom makers out there who can handle the size/shape?

Delilah http://girlygolfer.com/

• Thanks 1

Finally got out to a course putting green. All I can say is the roll on the df is amazing. The feel is surprisingly soft too. But oddly the roll is so good that the ball seems to just go a little extra. My distance control was ok but the df really showed my sim is really bad, lol. 

On 1/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, philsRHman said:

it usually goes like this when I play with new guys and I bust out the DF. 
1. ha, what is that spaceship?

2. I could never … who makes that?

sees a bunch of putts roll nice …

3. Is it heavy or light? Anyone on Tour play it?

4. Does it look that big when you stand over it?

putts keep dropping…

5. Here, let me see that, oh it’s got a great weight.

6. Works great for you, but I could never.

Finish 18, “hey, meet me at the putting green I gotta see this.”

I bought mine after watching a friend roll his for a few weeks and then messing with on at PGATSS. Now we have 2-3 other guys talking about how they want to make the switch this spring. It’s so attention grabbing. 

i went from putting being by far the weakness of my game, got my DF around Memorial Day. Dropped my handicap from 6ish to 1ish to end the season. Have now posted my second and third career under par rounds in the past month, which is really crazy given it’s winter golf in the Northeast. Mainly because anything inside 6’ feels automatic and I very very rarely 3 putt because my lag putting is so solid now. 

so yes, count me among the evangelists, even if I don’t have to say a word, the putter does all the talking. 

Well said!!! You sound just like me when it comes to talking about my DF. Sums up what I get from people on the course. Great post right there. 

• Like 3

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick