MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

I talked my golf buddies into ordering a link1 with the promo code.  So 3 Link1 putters got ordered this morning (at this price the experiment is very cheap, reselling will be no loss at all if needed). I am very happy with the Sacks Parente 54MC that I ordered last month.  I sold 10 others putters since.  We will see if the Link1 can give the Sacks Parente some competition.  Ultra low balance point/forward cg/high moi      Versus     Lie Angle Balanced technology.  

• Like 1

Hit a stock link in store and liked it, I am a big fan of the look (I play PXG irons so i like screws ha). 30% off coupon guarantees my order for a custom link for now...Really wish i had some pictures of the custom grips offered (The leather master one mainly). Going to be taking a fitting video and submitting order today.

Also i messed around with a broomstick and armlock df 2.1 and man those felt really good but i can't get over the size of putter enough to game one.

• Like 1

Does anyone here have the Link.1 with the “tiny” topline? If so, I’d love to see some address pictures with a ball to get a better idea of the scale and actual thickness of the line. 

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

LAB team must be licking their lips with the new bustajack promo they are getting lol they just golfed with Josh Allen and Kyle Allen and made some big putts with the link which makes me more excited to order one.

Do i need to wait to hear back from my fitting video before placing an order or i can place a custom order and pay now and then when i get the info they update it?

2 hours ago, zerheil said:

LAB team must be licking their lips with the new bustajack promo they are getting lol they just golfed with Josh Allen and Kyle Allen and made some big putts with the link which makes me more excited to order one.

Do i need to wait to hear back from my fitting video before placing an order or i can place a custom order and pay now and then when i get the info they update it?

You have 5 more days. How long ago did you submit your fitting videos? Mine took 1 week

13 hours ago, zerheil said:

Hit a stock link in store and liked it, I am a big fan of the look (I play PXG irons so i like screws ha). 30% off coupon guarantees my order for a custom link for now...Really wish i had some pictures of the custom grips offered (The leather master one mainly). Going to be taking a fitting video and submitting order today.

Also i messed around with a broomstick and armlock df 2.1 and man those felt really good but i can't get over the size of putter enough to game one.

It took me a couple weeks with my DF, and if I’m honest I still don’t, and probably never will love the look. 

I’ve hit a few dozen putts at a PGA Superstore with both the Mezz and the Link. Neither fitted to my odd specs, but enough to offer the following perspective: 

The Link looks quite good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it replaces the B.2 in the lineup. Sound and feel is equal to my DF, with slightly more feedback available. 

The Mezz is interesting. I like the look, but the sound was different enough that I would not go that direction. It’s not bad — just a little higher-pitched and for me, made the putter feel a little different. I like the DF and the Link sound / feel enough that I’m going to stay put. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I've been looking around for a headweight of the Link. Does anyone following the Link 1 release have an idea what the headwight is?

I know the people at LAB don't really talk about headweight but it's an important factor for some.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

13 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

I've been looking around for a headweight of the Link. Does anyone following the Link 1 release have an idea what the headwight is?

I know the people at LAB don't really talk about headweight but it's an important factor for some.

I can’t remember in which forum I saw it but I believe the standard headweight is 360g on the LINK. 

• Like 1

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

LAB LINK.1 w/LAB x ACCRA or

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM (Just in case) 

28 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

Driving me bonkers trying to figure out where I saw it. It was in the comments on LAB Facebook regarding CH III win at Myokaba. 

49A92AEE-584F-4CAB-BCCA-425AA5CCE284.jpeg

Edited by Nelson.br.1515
  • Like 1

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

LAB LINK.1 w/LAB x ACCRA or

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM (Just in case) 

Anyone have thoughts/insight on how to remove a press grip while saving it? I’ve got the OG heavy rubber one that I had them put on when I lengthened at LAB and kept my press 1.5. Was thinking of throwing the 1.5 back on but don’t want to destroy the OG. 

Seems a bit tight to get something down to squirt solvent and loosen, but anyone have thoughts?

1 hour ago, Nelson.br.1515 said:

I can’t remember in which forum I saw it but I believe the standard headweight is 360g on the LINK. 

Thanks man!

When I bought both the 2.1 and B2 I found d them both to be too light for me. I play a 32" putter. Their solution was to send it back to them and to not use tape. 

I sold the putters but am intrigued by their tech and the Link.

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

11 hours ago, gsxrdn said:

You have 5 more days. How long ago did you submit your fitting videos? Mine took 1 week

Does that promo code work for all their putters or just the new Link.1?

I sent in my video in on Saturday morning - was hoping for the 48 hr turnaround they quote (well.... 48 business hours, so assumed I would get it back on Wednesday).

Thinking of giving the Link 1 a run but haven't had a chance to hit it yet. Before I order blindly using the Coupon code can anyone give me any insight on the feel vs the other LAB putters? I have a DF 2.1 and a Mezz Max and prefer a very soft feeling putter. How would the Link 1 fit in the softness ranking? 

Edited by duffputter

Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Blue TR 6X 45.25"
Callaway Paradym 15* HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70g 6.0

Callaway Apex UW 19* HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70g 6.0

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM9 50*08* F / 54*12*D/ 58*12*D
LAB DF3 34*/69* 

3 hours ago, duffputter said:

Thinking of giving the Link 1 a run but haven't had a chance to hit it yet. Before I order blindly using the Coupon code can anyway give me any insight on the feel vs the other LAB putters? I have a DF 2.1 and a Mezz Max and prefer a very soft feeling putter. How would the Link 1 fit in the softness ranking? 

I got a regular Mezz putter and hit a link.1 at the PGA store and it felt softer and not as "clicky" i was fairly stoned to be fair but it felt so good. I just ordered my link.1 with the coupon today, hell of a deal!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PDFPXG said:

I am not surprised that the 30% offer is gone (If it is gone). I don't know who Teambadz was but I don't think that LAB golf wanted to do a big sale to the world. I am guessing that if you didn't already order, that you missed it.

Yea same not surprised either, hell of a deal if they honor the orders placed.

Agreed. Even I was considering buying today at 30% off. Paying almost $600 for a putter you cant demo is a hard pill to swallow.

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

12 hours ago, jml4 said:

Anyone have thoughts/insight on how to remove a press grip while saving it? I’ve got the OG heavy rubber one that I had them put on when I lengthened at LAB and kept my press 1.5. Was thinking of throwing the 1.5 back on but don’t want to destroy the OG. 

Seems a bit tight to get something down to squirt solvent and loosen, but anyone have thoughts?

Damn near impossible, at least for me. I injected grip solvent with a syringe in numerous areas to try and break it free. Then would use air and twist. I was only able to get a small section to be able to break free. the problem is that there is a hardish inner shell that does not expand when using air to try to break it free. I eventually had to cut it off as all of the injections caused the outer grip cover to start separating from the hard inner shell. I used air to put on the replacement so it can be easily removed if needed.

I think I'm gonna order one regardless... Any other coupon codes out there?  I've seen people mention 15% and 20% codes. Sucks I missed 30% off, but it is what it is.

FWIW:  I got my "fitting" back today.  Maybe I was caught up in the hype?  I expected more.  From what I can gleam they take your video and estimate the applied loft based on the video you send in. I'm surprised they poo-poo real fittings and hype how good it is.  Personally I try to setup ever putter as flat I use as possible (not flat vs upright but flat as in the sole is grounded flat on the ground).  I don't think this methodology gives a great insight into fitting a putter. I think I should be more upright than my current putter, but they fit me flatter. 

Any thoughts here from the many people that have ordered?  I have numerous PGA SS's near me so I have tried them and I really love the feel, and how the lie angle balance allows me to keep my hands incredibly soft... So I want to buy one.

Edited by R_Swanson

I wasn’t inspired by online fitting process as well when I initially did it, but when results came back as the exact same specs as a Bettinardi Studio fitting 8 years prior I was convinced.  Proud owner of a Mezz and DF 2.1.  Seriously considering adding a Link to the quiver.  66* lie 36 inch length specs BTW.  

WITB:

TaylorMade M6 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Red 6 stiff
TaylorMade SIM Rocket
TaylorMade SIM 5 wood
TaylorMade 2019 P790 4-P  KBS Tour 120 stiff SS1X
TaylorMade MG2 48* KBS Tour 120 stiff-MG2 54* and 58* KBS Hi-REV 2.0
PXG Gen2 Operator 38 inches
PING Heppler ZB3

My fitting was elsewhere with another maker. I used the same specs and lucked out — LAB had a DF on the outlet that was only off 1 degree in lie angle from how I’d been fit, so I grabbed it. No regrets, and the single degree is not an issue. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

@rswanson I helped a friend yesterday create his video for fitting. A number of observations that may help. 

1. He was using his Scotty gamer that was fitted for him years ago. When we shot the video and looked at it the toe was up off the ground as the lie on his club turns out to be too upright. He never realized it and after seeing the video he tried to change his swing to fit the club and it felt off. We measured his lie angle on his putter and it is at 69 degrees.

2. We discussed this and he observed that the club needs to fit his swing, he should not change his swing to the club. He never realized that it was not flat as it looked good from the top. 

3. He tried my DF 2.1 which is at 69 and the same thing happened but he could tell that it was not flat because of the very large wide sole of the DF. 

4. I am guessing that he is going to be 67 or less and when he gets his club he will be able to have it sit perfectly flat and work with his natural stroke.

@rswanson I would suggest that you need to go somewhere where they have the LAB golf fitting club which is adjustable for lie and length and find out what is the right lie for you. They can adjust the head to how you want to stroke the club. Another option is you need to send a video of you stroking your putter with how you want to stand and swing, ignore your current clubs head being flat on the ground as your current club may be wrong lie for your stroke. They will be able to measure the lie that matches the stroke you do and you will have a putter that lays flush and lets you swing and stand the way you want.

Edited by PDFPXG

13 hours ago, rlb4 said:

Damn near impossible, at least for me. I injected grip solvent with a syringe in numerous areas to try and break it free. Then would use air and twist. I was only able to get a small section to be able to break free. the problem is that there is a hardish inner shell that does not expand when using air to try to break it free. I eventually had to cut it off as all of the injections caused the outer grip cover to start separating from the hard inner shell. I used air to put on the replacement so it can be easily removed if needed.

yeah this is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the insight, will prob just stick to the OG still which is totally fine