MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

7 hours ago, rlb4 said:

You can extend or shorten up to a certain length without affecting the lie angle balancing. Sam has stated this here and on the LAB Facebook page.

thank you! do you remember how long you can go before it affects it?

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

1 hour ago, Misc1600 said:

Any long term users of the LINK.1? Expensive, but the technology looks legit. 

Not sure what you mean by long term, as it has only been out for a short time. But I have 12 rounds in with mine and it will stay in my bag for a long time. I'm rolling the ball fantastically and when I miss a putt it is virtually always the read not a mechanical issue. This thing just stays on track.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Schulzmc said:

Not sure what you mean by long term, as it has only been out for a short time. But I have 12 rounds in with mine and it will stay in my bag for a long time. I'm rolling the ball fantastically and when I miss a putt it is virtually always the read not a mechanical issue. This thing just stays on track.

Thanks. Looking for reviews of how people like it. 

I was very surprised to see three new LAB putters at my local Golf Galaxy this afternoon. There were two Mezz and one Link. There's nothing on their website about stocking LAB putters, so I don't know what to make of this.

Anyway, very cool, and my first chance to spend any time with either putter. Both felt and looked better than expected. I love the brushed metal look of the Link, and the rubber grip felt nice, too.

I was a little surprised at just how normal both putters felt during the stroke. I guess I was expecting the torque free stroke to feel completely different, but I could easily put one of these in play today. On the other hand, I'm not sure I made a single putt in the 15 or so minutes I was playing with them, with almost everything going right on me. I'm assuming there's something about either my aim or a compensation in my stroke that's causing that.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Could also be that the putters weren’t the lie angle that you need?

would be easy to send in a video for fitting and then you would know what specs the putters should be.

I also believe that there is a learning curve due to putting with other putters that have torque. 

I fully expect to have to unlearn/relearn how to putt when my Link arrives this week.

WITB

TM Stealth 2 
Titleist 913FD 13.5
Titleist 913 H 19
Titleist 913 H 24
PXG Gen 1 5-G
Vokey SM8  54, 58

L.A.B. DF3 

1 hour ago, Clark55810 said:

I fully expect to have to unlearn/relearn how to putt when my Link arrives this week.

Former 5 index here, always been a good putter. Play with a physical limitation now, still a good putter….I was really worried about this too. It took me a week of hitting 100 putts a day on my Big Moss inside, then two lengthy practice green sessions before I put my LAB in play and for me there is no going back. The adjustment before I got real confidence was shorter than expected and wasn’t really a big deal. Here are my keys:

1. Ball further forward than you think (for the DF).

2. Grip pressure lighter than you can imagine. 

3. Take your thumbs out of it. Drilling with a no-thumb grip is really helpful, and I’ve put that grip into play full time. 

• Like 3

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

2 hours ago, mshills said:

Former 5 index here, always been a good putter. Play with a physical limitation now, still a good putter….I was really worried about this too. It took me a week of hitting 100 putts a day on my Big Moss inside, then two lengthy practice green sessions before I put my LAB in play and for me there is no going back. The adjustment before I got real confidence was shorter than expected and wasn’t really a big deal. Here are my keys:

1. Ball further forward than you think (for the DF).

2. Grip pressure lighter than you can imagine. 

3. Take your thumbs out of it. Drilling with a no-thumb grip is really helpful, and I’ve put that grip into play full time. 

These are definitely some major obstacles imo. I faced each and everyone one of these when I tried to hop on the L.A.B train.  Basically have to use a grip you don't normally use, grip it differently than you are used to, move the ball where you aren't used to, dont use your thumbs....in addition to the overall light feel it was all very hard for me to get used to. 

The Link is something I will consider in the future as it removed the grip issues. 

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

So I just received my custom armlock DF putter last week and am really happy with the performance overall.  This is my 3rd DF putter including a standard length and a broomstick which were both purchased last year.  All of them have the standard stock shafts.  For whatever reason this new putter sounds completely different than the other two.  It has a distinct, and not very appealing, "ping" sound at impact.  The other two DF putters have a much more muted thud.  Has anyone experienced anything like this with their recently built DFs?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Haber said:

Some people had asked about custom covers for the DF and I just got my proofs back from Delilah at girlygolfer.com

Should be done in a week and here shortly after. Very reasonable on price and exactly what I had asked for. 

One for my linksmaster bag and one for the vessel

FDAEC393-1D40-48E2-9995-E0413AAF9E84.jpeg

B2D4D8A4-B680-44B1-9F57-D3D149D1E673.jpeg

What did these cost? 

18 hours ago, Haber said:

They ran $86 for the black and $94 for the steerhide plus shipping. The $25 design deposit gets credited to the order. The hardest part is waiting the 4-6 weeks for the design proofs

I've been wanting to do this for awhile and you've just convinced me. Do you know the dimensions of the cover by any chance? EDIT: Nevermind, I measured everything per their instructions.

22 hours ago, Nelson.br.1515 said:

Couple of new additions. Really liking both, the Link is so stable and puts a great roll on the ball. The DF armlock is like a helmet on a helmet just super safe. If you are on the fence on trying the Link I highly recommend. 

I tried the Link.1 myself. Really great for what it is, if you're a "blade or die" type golfer, it's a no brainer. But for me the DF 2.1 was easier/better/more forgiving and it seems silly to give all that up when I don't mind the DF 2.1 looks at all.

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 2

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

On 4/25/2023 at 8:42 AM, Haber said:

Some people had asked about custom covers for the DF and I just got my proofs back from Delilah at girlygolfer.com

Should be done in a week and here shortly after. Very reasonable on price and exactly what I had asked for. 

One for my linksmaster bag and one for the vessel

FDAEC393-1D40-48E2-9995-E0413AAF9E84.jpeg

B2D4D8A4-B680-44B1-9F57-D3D149D1E673.jpeg

These look good.  I may have to go down that route. What is reasonable on price? May I ask? Under or over $100?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Does anyone have any experience with the old rife 2 Dana bar blade for comparison?  I ask because borrowing one from the club after I forgot my scotty golo S at home, the Rife blew me away.  I had never had a putter felt so stable, I felt like it was 'automatic', the same term I hear used on the DF.1.  So I had been struggling with the scotty, I didn't feel 'in control' of it on the takeaway and I knew I needed a change (although the 2 bar performed awesome it was beyond hideous looking, couldn't go that route!).  So after hearing about LAB putters they sounded like they had the same characteristics, but of course I popped on a custom Link.1...I don't hate it (although the 66 lie they put me in I was unsure about), but the one thing I loved about the 2 bar the Link does not have.  By stable I meant it seemed the ball came off the face of the 2 bar like it was sweet spot every time and I left no putts short...With the Link I seem to leave most putts short.  

SOOOOO, all this to ask, do the Mezz or Mezz Max share this characteristic of feeling super 'stable' and propelling the ball forward even on a missed strike like the 2 bar did?  I really want to find a new putter that gives me as much confidence as that 20 year old 2 bar...Much appreciated..

spacer.png

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

4 hours ago, Pexeter said:

Does anyone have any experience with the old rife 2 Dana bar blade for comparison?  I ask because borrowing one from the club after I forgot my scotty golo S at home, the Rife blew me away.  I had never had a putter felt so stable, I felt like it was 'automatic', the same term I hear used on the DF.1.  So I had been struggling with the scotty, I didn't feel 'in control' of it on the takeaway and I knew I needed a change (although the 2 bar performed awesome it was beyond hideous looking, couldn't go that route!).  So after hearing about LAB putters they sounded like they had the same characteristics, but of course I popped on a custom Link.1...I don't hate it (although the 66 lie they put me in I was unsure about), but the one thing I loved about the 2 bar the Link does not have.  By stable I meant it seemed the ball came off the face of the 2 bar like it was sweet spot every time and I left no putts short...With the Link I seem to leave most putts short.  

SOOOOO, all this to ask, do the Mezz or Mezz Max share this characteristic of feeling super 'stable' and propelling the ball forward even on a missed strike like the 2 bar did?  I really want to find a new putter that gives me as much confidence as that 20 year old 2 bar...Much appreciated..

spacer.png

The stable feeling you are describing is higher MOI. The 2.1 and both Mezz models have higher MOI than the Link or the B2. If I had to guess the MOI of LAB models would be DF 2.1 > Mezz Max > Mezz > Link > B2. I have a Mezz and a B2. Pretty big difference between those models.  I suspect not as much difference between the various mallet styles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pexeter said:

spacer.png

Use the 2 bar! Sink some putts and don't look back. 

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

My DF 2.1 came in last week and I was able to play 18 holes with it so far.

Initial impressions are that I am really going to like this putter.  My speed was off at first but after about 4 holes it started to click and I rolled it great.  Ended with 30 putts including probably 60-70 feet of made putts and that was after two early three putts.

It really does seem like once you get your setup and ball position figured out you are removing the good stroke/bad stroke variable and I felt like I only needed to concentrate on line and speed.  That is extremely helpful for me because I think I’ve always been a streaky putter.  

Side note, my wife does not play golf at all and I had her just take a couple of putts with it on my putting mat and after two putts she said “is this cheating”?  She could feel how it seems like the putter wants to swing itself.  I thought that was telling and just further support that this tech works because she is not a golfer, she might do mini golf once or twice a year that’s it.

Time will tell but so far off to a great start with the DF 2.1

• Like 4