2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

1 minute ago, MiloMalt said:

I have just received my Mezz.1 Max and have a question. When resting the putter shaft on my finger at the balance point, should the face be settling in a certain position or should it set at a random position each time? When watching the revealer videos it looks like the putter comes to rest anywhere and doesn't try to find the same position every time.

I'm not sure if I have worded this very well so if it doesn't make sense I can post some photos and try to explain it a little better.

Ideally a random position each time although the horizontal orientation of the shaft is not exactly where the putter is torque balanced. There will be a slight preference of face direction.

21 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Ideally a random position each time although the horizontal orientation of the shaft is not exactly where the putter is torque balanced. There will be a slight preference of face direction.

It always wants to hang in this position and I'm just wanting to check that doesn't mean it isn't balanced properly just because of the revealer videos I've seen.

signal-2023-05-24-140753_002.jpeg

Driver: Cobra DarkSpeed LS 10.5° - Ventus Blue 6x
3W: TaylorMade Qi10 15° - Kai'li White 70x
5W: TaylorMade Qi10 18° - Kai'li White 70x
Irons: Cobra King Tour 4-5 Cobra King CB 6-9 Cobra King MB Pw-Gw - Modus 120x
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 TourRack 54 mid & 58 low - Modus 125 Wedge Shaft
Putter: L.A.B Mezz.1 Max w Accra shaft

Have many if you bought your putters off the rack?  Have you adjusted the lie angle?

Tempted to adjust my lie, as it feels a hair too flat…. 

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

1 minute ago, mstuewe said:

this is how it should balance.  

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Driver: Cobra DarkSpeed LS 10.5° - Ventus Blue 6x
3W: TaylorMade Qi10 15° - Kai'li White 70x
5W: TaylorMade Qi10 18° - Kai'li White 70x
Irons: Cobra King Tour 4-5 Cobra King CB 6-9 Cobra King MB Pw-Gw - Modus 120x
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 TourRack 54 mid & 58 low - Modus 125 Wedge Shaft
Putter: L.A.B Mezz.1 Max w Accra shaft

9 hours ago, x100 said:

Can anyone compare the stability between the df 2.1 and the Mezz .1 max. I love the stability of the df, just can’t get over the size. I haven’t had a chance to try the Mezz max. 

The DF is in its own league as far as stability and the “swings itself” feel. Mezz/Mezz Max for me sat in a no man’s land. Not as stable as the DF not as pretty and easy to line up as the Link. All that being said Mezz Max could go in my bag tomorrow and I would be happy. LAB has done an amazing job of creating fantastic options accross the board that just flat out perform. 

• Like 2

PING G425 MAX DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

TAYLORMADE 300 MINI w/ACCRA TZX 265

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM

Alright, seeking some clarification on putter length when it comes to LAB putters:

I'm aware that the length is a factor in the lie angle balancing, and thus it's a bad idea to cut down a putter. I thought I read somewhere that a minor butt cut wouldn't affect the balancing. I could be wrong. Is there an acceptable amount that the shaft can be cut without affecting the balance? Half an inch? A quarter?

Similarly, if length plays a big role in the balancing, where are we meant to grip the club? Does it matter if I have like half an inch to an inch sticking up past my left hand (conventional grip)? My right hand is still maybe halfway down the grip.

Finally, is this is the same for every model of LAB putters? The reason I'm asking is because I think my Link might be half an inch longer than I want it to be. Choking down a half an inch seems to feel perfectly fine, but I don't want it in my head that I'm throwing off the balance of my putter.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

5 hours ago, MaineMariner said:

Alright, seeking some clarification on putter length when it comes to LAB putters:

I'm aware that the length is a factor in the lie angle balancing, and thus it's a bad idea to cut down a putter. I thought I read somewhere that a minor butt cut wouldn't affect the balancing. I could be wrong. Is there an acceptable amount that the shaft can be cut without affecting the balance? Half an inch? A quarter?

Similarly, if length plays a big role in the balancing, where are we meant to grip the club? Does it matter if I have like half an inch to an inch sticking up past my left hand (conventional grip)? My right hand is still maybe halfway down the grip.

Finally, is this is the same for every model of LAB putters? The reason I'm asking is because I think my Link might be half an inch longer than I want it to be. Choking down a half an inch seems to feel perfectly fine, but I don't want it in my head that I'm throwing off the balance of my putter.

Cutting the shaft length, at least up to 1", will not mess up the balancing. Sam has answered this question on the LAB Facebook group. Not sure what the maximum cut shorter can be but definitely 1" is ok.

49 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Cutting the shaft length, at least up to 1", will not mess up the balancing. Sam has answered this question on the LAB Facebook group. Not sure what the maximum cut shorter can be but definitely 1" is ok.

Awesome, thank you!

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

11 hours ago, DNice26 said:

Have many if you bought your putters off the rack?  Have you adjusted the lie angle?

Tempted to adjust my lie, as it feels a hair too flat…. 

These putters are “Lie Angle Balanced”….so changing the lie angle is guaranteed to have it not balanced to the lie angle.  Gotta let Lab Golf do this and pay the fee for rebalancing 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roundersmitty said:

These putters are “Lie Angle Balanced”….so changing the lie angle is guaranteed to have it not balanced to the lie angle.  Gotta let Lab Golf do this and pay the fee for rebalancing 

Interesting, so changing it by one degree or two at most makes a difference….  🤔.   Not sure I’m convinced that will make any difference in the balance of the putter to any significant degree

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

1 hour ago, DNice26 said:

Interesting, so changing it by one degree or two at most makes a difference….  🤔.   Not sure I’m convinced that will make any difference in the balance of the putter to any significant degree

One degree probably won't matter. LAB folks have indicated that. However, 2 degrees or more and things will start to degrade. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mstuewe said:

If it’s lie angle balanced, and you change the lie angle, how would it remain balanced?

TBH, I figured a degree or two wouldn't make any real difference, but I reached out to LAB and indeed they would expect to adjust it themselves.   

I remain skeptical tbh....     In terms of the changes they actually make based on small lie tweeks.    I may pursue it if the price isn't too terrible.

They can adjust. It’s not cheap, but have them do it and do it right. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Does anyone know how much weight you can change in terms of grip?  The stock grip for the Link is 95g. I’d like to put a ping P58 midsize on which is 80g but could also do the cord version of the same ping grip which is 85g. 

just curious as I don’t want to throw off the balance. That or any idea how to add 15g to a grip when installing it?

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Vokey SM9 (5012F, 5614F, 608M)

Odyssey AI-One double wide DB

Good news to report.  I took a chance with my DF 2.1 and changed out the Press II 3* for a smaller Press II 1.5* and it didn’t mess up the balance of my putter.  I had emailed their support and they weren’t sure if it would.

The smaller grip feels a lot better to me.  Hopefully it translates to better results on the course.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 5yddraw said:

Good news to report.  I took a chance with my DF 2.1 and changed out the Press II 3* for a smaller Press II 1.5* and it didn’t mess up the balance of my putter.  I had emailed their support and they weren’t sure if it would.

The smaller grip feels a lot better to me.  Hopefully it translates to better results on the course.

How do you know if it messes up the balance or not?  By the looks of it that was going from a 78.5g grip to a 59g grip.  I'm curious to know as I would love to change the grip out on a LINK.  The difference would be roughly 15g.  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

4 hours ago, JSSPRADLIN said:

How do you know if it messes up the balance or not?  By the looks of it that was going from a 78.5g grip to a 59g grip.  I'm curious to know as I would love to change the grip out on a LINK.  The difference would be roughly 15g.  

I put it on a table and no matter how I position it at the start the face still returns to toe up and perpendicular to the floor. 

3 hours ago, 5yddraw said:

I put it on a table and no matter how I position it at the start the face still returns to toe up and perpendicular to the floor. 

Thanks.  New to the technology and I wasn't aware that was the way to test it.  If you got away with it with a 20g difference I would hope I would be ok.  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

On 5/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, DNice26 said:

You can’t change the lie anyway ?  Can you ? Unless you’re going to bend the shaft ??????

if i understood it correctly, they’ll pull the silver section off the putter that the shaft is glued into , exchange that for another one with the new angle and glue the shaft back in.  Or maybe I dreamed that up ?  😂. Not sure. But I’m pretty positive you can’t just “ adjust “ it.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

20 hours ago, JSSPRADLIN said:

Bill Presse stated on the LAB FB page that one could add a 20-30g tour lock weight(to make the head feel lighter) into the butt end of the shaft and not affect the lie angle balance.

21 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I wanted to say this to @labgolf .  I can say many negative things in my travels. So a chance to say something positive I should take to balance those other things out.  

I have worked with a well known teacher for about 8 months on fixing my putting.  Part of that was a on going fitment for something that would align with my extreme left eye dominance, AND help me deliver proper loft to the ball.  I have a tendency of reverse shaft lean ( similar to DUstin Johnson ) at address and hitting too far up on the ball. We worked on a forward press to try to mitigate this , but that of course moves alignment.  What we found was that the reverse shaft lean was because of my sight. It was where the face looked best. But I’d need a 0 degree loft or less to bandaid that.  

so. He started me inching toward a LAB putter. And we went through several lie angles and heads over months with mixed success before I finally hit on the combo.  The combo that let me “ see” AND start it online.    It’s a mezz max armlock at 39 inches. Built heavy.  And I’m 6-3 so this puts me into a lower crouch. Which gets my head over and behind the ball.  Eureka !! I can see !  AND because of the armlocks forced forward press , I’m delivering the desired  loft to the balll.  So I’m seeing the best roll of my entire life.  

Three rounds in with this putter and I’ve logged a +1.13 , +1.08 and +2.12 strokes gained putting. And only 1 -3 putt.  To put this into perspective.  My low handicap is +2.0.    And playing that well I never once had 2 positive strokes gained putting rounds in a row.   Not since keeping the stat on decade for 3 seasons now.   My running strokes gained stat currently is still an average of

-2.67 and that’s after entering those 3 positive rounds.  I’ve seen that average at -4 that’s how bad it’s been. …All of the sudden I have a 14th club. 

this putter is very upright , heavy and shorter than most arm locks. Plus has the lean to fit my body and stance , in order to put the loft to the ball at impact.     This process and hope , truly has stopped me from quitting the game.  It had gotten to the point where it just wasn’t fun anymore to hit it well and 2 or 3 putt every green.  The technology in this design is real.  I’m honestly shocked that it’s legal.

If you made it this far -thanks for reading.  No point except to say thanks , and leave a good report.  

The L.A.B. putters are a superior design. They are torque free about the correct axis. The only reason folks sometime struggle with using one is the onset can be visually disconcerting and un-learning all the compensations required to putt with a conventional style putter can be daunting. Old habits are hard to break. However, put a L.A.B. putter in the hands of some juniors and it will be the beginning of the end for all other putter designs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

The L.A.B. putters are a superior design. They are torque free about the correct axis. The only reason folks sometime struggle with using one is the onset can be visually disconcerting and un-learning all the compensations required to putt with a conventional style putter can be daunting. Old habits are hard to break. However, put a L.A.B. putter in the hands of some juniors and it will be the beginning of the end for all other putter designs.

1000 % believe this.  It took months. But once I was used to the feel of not having to time up the face.  It’s so dang easy.  And picking up another putter feels so dang foreign.   I had a 2 month stretch where I tried to go back. Just frustration endured psychosis. 😂.  Worst 2 months trying to putt ever. 

with this putter I don’t have to “do “ anything … just send it. And it’s online. Everytime.  There is no “ I pushed that “. Or “ I pulled that “.  It’s a non issue.     

for me the upright angle was the final click.  I think a lot of people have their eyes too far inside or the ball with these. This causes some arc. Get up over it. And let it work straight.  

• Like 3

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Struggling with distance control lately on the df. Leaving lots of putts short or hitting them just enough but the break over takes them. Need to keep grinding 

IMG_7732.png

Edited by Rbsiedsc
  • Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 44.5" (Ventus black as backup)

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0