MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

3 hours ago, Playin36 said:

Just do the remote video fitting with lab golf with your current armlock or whatever position you like to be set up in and they fit it to your set up. Go to Lab golf website and look under Lab 101 drop down menu and fitting drop down menu

Appreciate the reply, but I'm wondering about people's experience in moving into a LAB Armlock. Standard length putter users have said they've had to relearn how to putt a bit to take their hands out of the stroke and I'm wondering if armlockers have experienced something similar. I've went through the remote Armlock fitting with them, I just haven't bit the bullet yet and ordered one. 

7 hours ago, ernotte said:

Standard length putter users have said they've had to relearn how to putt a bit to take their hands out of the stroke and I'm wondering if armlockers have experienced something similar.

For people who are a "handsy" putter, then I think they will have to relearn.  I taught myself to rock my shoulders (taking my hands out of the putt) before I switched to the armlock, and once I learned how to control distance that way, my putting improved a lot.  I was still a bit twitchy on short putts (pulling them, mostly), which is why I switched to the armlock.  Learning precise distance control without using the hands took practice to get used to, but once I learned it, my consistency of both line and speed improved.

With any LAB putter (I use a DF 2.1), you'll have to place the ball further forward at address than you might initially think (too far back in the stance resulted in pushed putts for me).  These putters don't provide you with a strong sense for the head, which I understand is caused by the lack of torque (which we perceive as weight), so your distance control might initially suffer.  I learned to forget about "feeling" the pace with my hands, and just use my shoulders to control pace.  Took some practice...

Since you're already an armlock user, the changes will probably be fairly easy for you.  Placing the ball forward in your stance might cause consequences to your starting line, and the putter will likely have a different feel through the stroke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

For people who are a "handsy" putter, then I think they will have to relearn.  I taught myself to rock my shoulders (taking my hands out of the putt) before I switched to the armlock, and once I learned how to control distance that way, my putting improved a lot.  I was still a bit twitchy on short putts (pulling them, mostly), which is why I switched to the armlock.  Learning precise distance control without using the hands took practice to get used to, but once I learned it, my consistency of both line and speed improved.

With any LAB putter (I use a DF 2.1), you'll have to place the ball further forward at address than you might initially think (too far back in the stance resulted in pushed putts for me).  These putters don't provide you with a strong sense for the head, which I understand is caused by the lack of torque (which we perceive as weight), so your distance control might initially suffer.  I learned to forget about "feeling" the pace with my hands, and just use my shoulders to control pace.  Took some practice...

Since you're already an armlock user, the changes will probably be fairly easy for you.  Placing the ball forward in your stance might cause consequences to your starting line, and the putter will likely have a different feel through the stroke.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like ball position will be a big one to get use to and the overall feel. 

• Like 2

I have had the Mezz 1 for about 4 months now. Honestly, the performance is ok but the quality itself is poor. The 2 screws in the middle are rusting and LAB won’t do anything about it other than tell me to put WD40 on a toothbrush and scrub it. I have seen this on other Mezz 1s, so its not just mine. Here is the link to my post if you want to read about my experience with LAB. 

• Sad 1

I know everyone looking at this is a fan of LAB but on Saturday I got the attention of my golf buddies after showing up with the DF. Not one person said "That looks ugly" everyone said tell us about it before the round when we were warming up on the putting green. The common theme was you spent a lot of money and I hope you get your monies worth. I then had to listen to WOW you are putting great with that. I may have to change... I finished with only 28 putts including one 3 putt, my fault for lack of concentration as everything was going in. 

Thank you LAB for making such a great product. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I have really gotten into a groove with my DF 2.1. Dropping so many 1 putts lately and have hit some real "wow" makes on the course. The key for me has been tempo.

My only wish is that L.A.B. would make some fun headcovers for this thing.

I agree on the headcovers!

• Like 1

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

7 hours ago, nppr82 said:

I have had the Mezz 1 for about 4 months now. Honestly, the performance is ok but the quality itself is poor. The 2 screws in the middle are rusting and LAB won’t do anything about it other than tell me to put WD40 on a toothbrush and scrub it. I have seen this on other Mezz 1s, so its not just mine. Here is the link to my post if you want to read about my experience with LAB. 

That's unfortunate! I live in the PNW and have played several rounds in the rain with my DF and haven't had any rust. Do you take it out of the headcover after the round when it's wet? 

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING VALOR CB 35"

On 4/5/2023 at 9:27 AM, ChunkMeDaddy said:

I was fit into a 66* Mezz.1 last year and was super excited about the brand. Not sure why i was fit into 66* and now I feel like im putting with my peen in my hands taking a wizz. Its like im pointing directly in front of me its so flat. (Lol clearly exaggerating). Overall though kind of bummed, wish I could just swap out the mezz head for a Link with a much more upright lie angle. Def not worth $125 for them to fix a bad fitting. Everything else was enjoyable about the putter though, weight, sound, feel, grip......just have to have my hands in the weirdest spot to get the tech to work.

You were quoted $125 to adjust the lie?  I also was put into a 66* lie on the Link.1 and at least mentally Im struggling with that flat of a lie. After spending hefty dough on the putter (especially the rush service..yeah I know) It would suck to have to sell as is and lose $$ or have to shell out more to adjust the lie.  

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

3 hours ago, Pexeter said:

You were quoted $125 to adjust the lie?  I also was put into a 66* lie on the Link.1 and at least mentally Im struggling with that flat of a lie. After spending hefty dough on the putter (especially the rush service..yeah I know) It would suck to have to sell as is and lose $$ or have to shell out more to adjust the lie.  

Yep, $125 just to adjust the lie. I think the rep tried selling me on the cost too because he said that they were going to be increasing that cost to $200 soon.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, nppr82 said:

Mine are rusting as well. They literally started rusting after the second time I used them. Don’t know why @labgolfis using these crappy screws on an otherwise quality product. I will never understand a cheap mindset. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tiger_Stud said:

Mine are rusting as well. They literally started rusting after the second time I used them. Don’t know why @labgolfis using these crappy screws on an otherwise quality product. I will never understand a cheap mindset. 

Mine is fine. No rust at all. Had it for over a year.

First reporting 9 today. Lab was great. No three putts. 100% from ten feet and in. Overall 14 putts (aided by some good chipping). 

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

On 4/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, Tiger_Stud said:

There's nothing wrong with a black oxide screw, but they only have mild corrosion resistance.  IIRC you don't use SS screws into another piece of SS because of concerns around galling.  But you can check with a mechanical engineer to confirm I remember correctly. 

On 4/13/2023 at 2:27 PM, Ngjg21 said:

This happened to me on my first MEZZ. On my new ones I oiled those screws before I gamed them. It’s disappointing for sure. 

What kind of oil?

PING VALOR CB 35"

Sounds very simple when I type it out but up until a week ago I was "re-torqued" I think. Basically, I would set my hands ahead at setup, take my thumbs off and then putt BUT return the club to the ball without my hands in the same place at impact. I was (slightly) flipping at it so I could miss both ways with that. Now that I come in to the ball with my hands staying more ahead my yardstick putting and start line integrity has been much better. 

This should have been obvious the last few months but it crept up into my putting stroke so gradually that I didn't notice it until last week. Stay vigilant out there everyone. 

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:25 PM, sociojeje said:

20% coupon I used seems to be working (perhaps everyone already knows haha)

Anyone have the 20% discount code? All I can find are 10% discount codes.

Driver: Cobra DarkSpeed LS 10.5° - Tensei AV White 65x
3W: TaylorMade Qi10 15° - Kai'li White 70x
5W: TaylorMade Qi10 18° - Kai'li White 70x
Irons: Cobra King Tour 4-5 Cobra King CB 6-GW - Modus 120x
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 TourRack 54 mid & 58 low - Modus 125 Wedge Shaft
Putter: L.A.B Mezz.1 Max w Accra shaft

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

I have been putting with a Mezz XL Broom all through winter. My distance control is brilliant but I couldn't for the life of me hole out from 6 feet. 

I think I'm manipulating the head on my downswing.

I took my clubs for there yearly loft and lie check and when I picked them up my builder had a DF2.1 in his garage. It's 33.5" 67* lie with the BGT stability tour. I asked if he uses it.. answer was no and it just collects dust. Bought it on the spot for a whopping £150 so about $190. Took it out on my first comp of the year and had a 67. Which is 2 under round my course. Safe to say this will be my putter. I never got the it swings itself feeling from my Mezz... but I do from this DF 2.1.20230419_100037.jpg.50951e16f9779c535ec3170fb83231b1.jpg20230419_100049.jpg.fcc0238ed180173baae03c43aa73d7bc.jpg

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

3 hours ago, Longballjock said:

I have been putting with a Mezz XL Broom all through winter. My distance control is brilliant but I couldn't for the life of me hole out from 6 feet. 

I think I'm manipulating the head on my downswing.

I took my clubs for there yearly loft and lie check and when I picked them up my builder had a DF2.1 in his garage. It's 33.5" 67* lie with the BGT stability tour. I asked if he uses it.. answer was no and it just collects dust. Bought it on the spot for a whopping £150 so about $190. Took it out on my first comp of the year and had a 67. Which is 2 under round my course. Safe to say this will be my putter. I never got the it swings itself feeling from my Mezz... but I do from this DF 2.1.20230419_100037.jpg.50951e16f9779c535ec3170fb83231b1.jpg20230419_100049.jpg.fcc0238ed180173baae03c43aa73d7bc.jpg

What a steal on that putter. Congrats on the first round with it. With the DF there is no honeymoon period. It will stay in your hands making everything! 

Love my DF Broomstick. It’s just not for everyone. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

39 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

What a steal on that putter. Congrats on the first round with it. With the DF there is no honeymoon period. It will stay in your hands making everything! 

Love my DF Broomstick. It’s just not for everyone. 

Yeh was an excellent deal. I couldn't pass it up at that price. 

I offered to pay more but he said he would just rather see someone using it.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*, UST Attas Prototype DK 7x 44.5"

5wood: Ping G400 16.5*, Ping Tour 7x 42"

2iron: Srixon ZX 18* , Aerotech steelfiber i95s, 1* Flat standard Length.

3hybrid: Ping G410 20* Flat, Fujikura 2.0 8x

4&5irons: Ping i200 , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

6-pw: Ping i Blade , Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S. 1* Flat

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 52* & 58* , Aerotech Steelfiber i95s. 1*Flat

Putter: Nike Method 001 "Oven" flowneck.

Grips: Lamkin UTX 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus (white & Neon yellow)

I currently have the Mezz Max but came across a deal on Mezz 1 in my specs. Does anyone have or have used both that can tell me if the feel is any different. I love the soft feeling of the max but the shape of the smaller Mezz 1. 

Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Blue TR 6X 45.25"
Callaway Paradym 15* HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70g 6.0

Callaway Apex UW 19* HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70g 6.0

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM9 50*08* F / 54*12*D/ 58*12*D
LAB DF3 34*/69* 

Anyone know if you can extend a LAB putter or does that throw off the lie angle balancing?

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond