MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

I’m waiting on a DF 2.1

This is going to sound crazy, but will it fit in my golf bag, or will I need one with an external putter tube? πŸ™„

I have two bags, a Sun Mountain 4.0 14 way, and a 2.5.

Β 

PING G425 Max 10.5*Β 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADEΒ Β Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AWΒ 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

Β 

1 hour ago, john myrbch said:

I’m waiting on a DF 2.1

This is going to sound crazy, but will it fit in my golf bag, or will I need one with an external putter tube? πŸ™„

I have two bags, a Sun Mountain 4.0 14 way, and a 2.5.

Β 

It will fit. I even have one of those bags with 14 full length dividers and it still fits. No worries.

• Like 1

Callaway ParadymΒ πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽΒ 9deg Β Ventus TR Blue 6 S

Callaway Β ParadymΒ πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽΒ 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 7 S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18 & 24 deg Ventus HB 8 S

Miura KM700 4-PΒ Fujikura Axiom 105S

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52 degΒ Fujikura Axiom 105S

Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

32.5" LAB Golf DF3 w/BGT Stability One Black | Pistol 2.0 Grip

Custom Vessel Lux Cart Bag

Question β€” I play a putter at 38 or 39”, but it’s not a belly or arm lock. Reasons for this are chronicled elsewhere, but basically I need to stand up pretty tall in order to get both hands on the putter grip. An arm lock stroke is physically impossible.
Β 

@labgolfΒ β€” could I use an arm lock DF 2.1 in 38, or should I look at having one of your standard putters made in the length I need?Β 

Edited by mshills

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Β  Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

Β  PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Β  PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Β  Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

The real test for this putter has been putting it into tournament play after just a few weeks. It’s been astounding.Β 
Β 

One observation after 3 putting the first green both days of a 36-hole qualifier. In the past, I would just slump my shoulders and assume I’m in for another horrible day of putting. But both times this weekend I said, ok, tough green, we will make up for it. The next hole Saturday I made a 35’ par putt. And Sunday I wound up steady as can be and cruised through the qualifier.Β 
Β 

Watching so many 3-6’ putts fall has totally changed my mental state on the greens. Since those 3’ feel so automatic now, I’ve totally changed my putting practice. Instead of going around the circle at 3’ over and over, I’ve been doing a new drill. Two spots, 6’ and 12’. I start with 5 balls at 6’ and 1 at 12’. When I make 4, I shift a ball to 12’ and just keep going. If I only make 2, I drop a ball from 12 to 6. Adds pressure to hang on, or adds motivation to drain putts to close out each round. It’s changed my entire perspective from ”don’t miss” or β€œkeep it close” to, β€œit’s going in.”

Β 

one note, I am putting exclusively with the thumbs off. It works so well in practice I just carry it through to the course.Β 
Β 

if there’s still one thing I catch myself fixing it’s a little bit of a push, especially on a fading break. Not sure if it’s caused by easing through impact or hands getting too low or what. But luckily it’s something that vanishes when I’m aware of it.Β 

• Like 3

I posted in another thread but was directed here. I've written LAB but haven't heard back yet:

Β 

I have my DF2.1 set up as an armlock putter but I'm still struggling a bit with distance control. As a lefty, there are not many or any other press grip options other than OG Press if I want to convert back to a traditional putter grip. Are there any other options (I don't like press grip shape) or can I play with a normal putter grip and just balance for swing weight? I could manually forward press like Jordan if I had to.

• Like 1

Β 

Β 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, Z1ggy16 said:

I posted in another thread but was directed here. I've written LAB but haven't heard back yet:

Β 

I have my DF2.1 set up as an armlock putter but I'm still struggling a bit with distance control. As a lefty, there are not many or any other press grip options other than OG Press if I want to convert back to a traditional putter grip. Are there any other options (I don't like press grip shape) or can I play with a normal putter grip and just balance for swing weight? I could manually forward press like Jordan if I had to.

We have all our grips avaiable in Lefty now!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LAB friends, I have been using the LAB putter for nearly a year now and am starting to pop the ball up on my putts. This happens on long putts most of the time. Has anyone had this issue? The shaft is in the center of my stance.

TaylorMade M4 Driver 9.5*Β 

TaylorMade SIM 3-wood 15*Β 

TaylorMade GAPR Low 19*Β 

TaylorMadeΒ 770 4-9Β Β 

Titliest SM8 46*

Titliest SM8 50*

Titliest SM8 54*Β 

Titliest SM8 58*, bent to 59*Β 

Putters: L.A.B. DF 2.1 33.5" @Β 68*Β 

• 1 month later...

If i was fit for 35" and 70*, would getting a stock 35" and 69* throw me off?

Driver:Β Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22Β Rogue ST LS 16.5Β  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI:Β Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OGΒ 0211Β  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges:Β Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 MidΒ 

Putter:Β DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball:Β Srixon Z-star XV

Β 

Β 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:50 PM, Rbsiedsc said:

If i was fit for 35" and 70*, would getting a stock 35" and 69* throw me off?

Nope

PING G400 MaxΒ 
Maltby STi2Β  Fairway

Maltby STi2 HybridΒ 

Maltby STI2 IronsΒ 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

I’ve been waffling on this for a while. I really wanted a B.2 for the clean look, but no joy finding one in my specs on the outlet, so IΒ pulled the trigger on a DF yesterday. 38”, 67 degree lie angle. I have been fit into 68 degree but one degree is not going to matter.

Β 

I use the over-length putter and do not arm lock. Very interested to see how this goes β€” I finally decided to get over the look. Plenty of people play the TM Spiders and this isn’t any uglier 🀣🀣 right?

Β 

Playing in a hit-and-giggle fund raiser next week. I’ll put the LAB right in the bag and report back!

@labgolfΒ Can you do a remote fitting and then use the fitting results to buy a stock offering? It seems like you still have a variety of lengths and lie angles in the stock option and I don't really see a need for an exotic shaft and/or different alignment lines on the putter head.Β 

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 7/29/2022 at 5:46 PM, vandyfan said:

@labgolfΒ Can you do a remote fitting and then use the fitting results to buy a stock offering? It seems like you still have a variety of lengths and lie angles in the stock option and I don't really see a need for an exotic shaft and/or different alignment lines on the putter head.Β 

This is what I did. They actually suggested I order stock, since my fitting was only a half inch difference from stock, and they said no reason to spend the extra money, I can just choke down, which is exactly what I do.Β 

• Like 2

Anyone have in hand photos of the new platinum finish?

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

My DF has been in the UPS delivery vortex and is a couple of days late. No big deal, some people are having way more trouble with shipping and delivery, I’ve been fortunate not to have that happen. It should be delivered today, looking forward to giving this a legitimate shot!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:46 PM, vandyfan said:

IF your fitting comes out to one of the stock offerings, it works. Depending on how committed to your set up you are, you might find that you can adjust by a degree if the fitting comes out in between one of the stock offerings

• Like 1

I'm looking to get the DF 2.1(35") and am trying to decide on the shaft. I've tried the stock steel shaft in PGA Superstore and it felt pretty good. I would like the benefit of the extra stability of the BGT or LAGP shafts but have never tried them and am worried that I won't like them. I've read that the Stability Tour is the same weight and balance as the stock steel so the swing weight should feel the same. I also read that the LAGP TPZ One35 is heavier than the stock steel and has a different balance point(some counter balance?) and am concerned that the swing weight will be noticeably lighter and I may not like that. Does anyone have any feedback on these concerns?

Several practice sessions on my Big Moss and 36 holes on the course with my DF. I like it so far, definitely need some more time and practice.Β 
Β 

Can tell that the putt starts exactly where I aim, every time. Have experimented with no thumbs (very effective) and putting looking at the hole (practice only, can’t do this on the course) and I do enjoy the putter.Β 
Β 

Distance control needs work, but the two places I played this weekend had absolutely hot garbage greens so I’m not putting much stock in that. 36 different greens at 36 different speeds, it’s not the putter’s fault I could not get the speed down. πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm in Australia, trying to order a putter from LAB, but having an issue on the website.Β 

Β 

Every time I hit the button to order, it tells me it can't process my order because I haven't selected a shippping option. Problem is that there are no shipping options presented to choose from! Emailed LAB a few days back but no response.Β 

Β 

Has anyone had this issue and got a fix?.

Β 

edit: yep, I've tried turning the screen upside down - still didn't work.Β 

Β 

edit #2: it seems to work on a mobile device - although I've now learned that shipping is $124. Yikes!

Edited by PlsPlsGoStraight
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 8:51 PM, PlsPlsGoStraight said:

So I'm in Australia, trying to order a putter from LAB, but having an issue on the website.Β 

Β 

Every time I hit the button to order, it tells me it can't process my order because I haven't selected a shippping option. Problem is that there are no shipping options presented to choose from! Emailed LAB a few days back but no response.Β 

Β 

Has anyone had this issue and got a fix?.

Β 

edit: yep, I've tried turning the screen upside down - still didn't work.Β 

Β 

edit #2: it seems to work on a mobile device - although I've now learned that shipping is $124. Yikes!

Β 

Originally from Aus mate so...lol, wait till it goes through custom, more $$$ thanks Howard & your GST

Β 

Also, never cheap to ship to or from Aus, box of dozen Cadbury cost my source about AUD $80 in shipping alone. Sssh.

Β 

SOL but the LAB putter is worth it. Surprise they don't have an Aus rep there. Or sell it via B&M Ray Drummond (if they are still around since its been years since I've been back & longer decades since I've bought Aus golf stuff since I'm now US based)

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5XΒ 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:Β Β  Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:Β Β Β Β Β Β  Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:Β Β Β Β  LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Been following these LAB threads and having always wanted to try one. Well, my buddy in our group said he had crazy looking long putter in his garage. I asked him to bring it and he showed up with DF 2.1 Broomstick. My question is this a stock or custom one? Been on their website and this it may be custom? No clue. Shows DF 2.1t7?? See pic. What do I have @labgolf
Β 

I have to say I only practiced for about 15 minutes prior to our tee time. All I can say is wow! Best round of putting EVER! Distance control and direction was outstanding! My partners all said they have never seen me putt like this. Now I just need to negotiate a price with my buddy.Β 
Β 

57E636D9-BDFC-45D4-83D6-E8FC541B6FD2.jpeg.780d6b1690a7ce0ccb9b6e393b204bec.jpeg

Edited by OspreyCI

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60sΒ 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I am loving mine. The adjustment period did not take long, and I’ve gone to a grip with no thumbs and the bare minimum fingertip pressure. This putter definitely exposes one’s green reading abilities….it goes where you aim, period!

Β 

Mid round yesterday the head on mine got quite loose. Bummer. Gotta go back to @labgolfΒ for re-epoxy, and swap out the Winn grip for an OG Press while we’re in there.Β 

21 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Negotiated a smoking price on this broomstick and had my second round with it. Cannot believe how well I get the ball on my intended line and it just stays there. My playing partners just can’t believe how this has changed my game. I have untorqued myself!Β 

Ok, so round three with the DF. Honeymoon might be over quick. Struggled with the face coming open at impact. Tried various grips with the right hand. Index finger coming over in the top, ringer down the right side, and even using the right hand placed like I would for a short putter. The last grip setup was the best for center contact and not having the face swing open.Β 
Β 

If anyone has any more tip to not manipulate the face angle like I am doing, that would be great @SwingBluesΒ This is my first go around with a broomstick by the way.Β 
Β 

Thanks.Β 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Ok, so round three with the DF. Honeymoon might be over quick. Struggled with the face coming open at impact. Tried various grips with the right hand. Index finger coming over in the top, ringer down the right side, and even using the right hand placed like I would for a short putter. The last grip setup was the best for center contact and not having the face swing open.Β 
Β 

If anyone has any more tip to not manipulate the face angle like I am doing, that would be great @SwingBluesΒ This is my first go around with a broomstick by the way.Β 
Β 

Thanks.Β 

Β 

....I've not used any broomstick since my AGSI C putter years ago. I still have it since its a novelty nowadays.

Β 

My suggestion, get out the cell phone & tripod, set it down the line and see what's happening with your setup, downswing and through swing. Take one with the front on view. The front on view may be telling if you set the ball too far forward. I am pretty sure even with the broomstick, where the shaft meets the head, that point should be dead middle of your setup, ala underneath your belt buckle...

Β 

Now, the one ball drill is the best for this. it is also the TOUGHEST to do. Since if you open or close the face at impact - not square, that ball will roll off the back.

Β 

Also, it's putting, you're gonna miss some does not mean the honeymoon is over. Party just started... πŸ˜‰

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5XΒ 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:Β Β  Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:Β Β Β Β Β Β  Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:Β Β Β Β  LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

20 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Β 

....I've not used any broomstick since my AGSI C putter years ago. I still have it since its a novelty nowadays.

Β 

My suggestion, get out the cell phone & tripod, set it down the line and see what's happening with your setup, downswing and through swing. Take one with the front on view. The front on view may be telling if you set the ball too far forward. I am pretty sure even with the broomstick, where the shaft meets the head, that point should be dead middle of your setup, ala underneath your belt buckle...

Β 

Now, the one ball drill is the best for this. it is also the TOUGHEST to do. Since if you open or close the face at impact - not square, that ball will roll off the back.

Β 

Also, it's putting, you're gonna miss some does not mean the honeymoon is over. Party just started... πŸ˜‰

Β 

Β 

Thanks man. That’s what I will check out using my phone. Been doing the one ball drill with real success, but when money and stress was on the line I seem to fail.Β 
Β 

My thought before pulling it back it to make the center of the shaft is to make it go or point to the hole.Β 
Β 

Agree, party just started. I will not be leaving this putter behind. It has still changedΒ my game.Β 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick