2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

PXG Gen 3... Jan 2020 (ST, Gen 3 T and P Photos added Page 13)

TRC723

Thanks for your advice as I really wasn't planning on buying them as I'm just curious as what the screws do and you mean to tell me the Gen 2's price shouldn't come down in price now the the 3's are coming. It was brought up about comparing them to vehicles. I got a fantastic deal on my 2019 vehicle. Why did PXG lay some of their employees off just recently. Could it be that you can't compete in a crowded industry when your equipment is 2-3x's the cost and doesn't perform any better than the price they are asking for them over the last model. Why is it when I'm just asking some serious questions and most PXG owners get all bent out of shape and real defensive. I never said they were terrible clubs as every OEM out there has their flaws.

I understand what most are thinking is that because most people can't afford them they want to bash them which is partially true but not with me. I also know anyone who drops the big bucks on a new set of Gen 3's will not have a bad comment but there have been several who own the Gen'2 said they saw no difference in the Gen 3s. Is this because they want a set of 3's but don't want to take the loss in trying to sell them in order to get the 3's. I hit them but was not blown away and that was because I was not properly fitted as I'm sure their fitting process is top notch so that is why it's so important to get fitted as that is also why maybe more people are happy with their fitted clubs as they like to talk about how much they saved. Who isn't

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

People forget PXG isn’t trying to compete in the general market. They are a high end niche brand and their customer is the person who isn’t worried about price and wants “the best” whether that’s the best for each person interested it’s on them to decide as it is if the performance between releases is good enough for them to spend the extra cash (which is pretty much the same for every brand out there). BTW even with their higher priced clubs they had more market share in irons than several brands including Wilson, Cobra and iirc Mizuno. Not to mention they were awarded Inc 500 award for one of the fastes growing companies so despite their pricing they are doing something right.

If someone goes gets fits and buys clubs regardless of price normally doesn’t have anything bad to say unless maybe an order was screwed up. Maybe after the honeymoon period they could feel different but they probably aren’t going to bash the clubs or brand.

TLDR version?

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

Ok well hows it any different than any other OEM that generally comes out with a new iron or driver every year?

Do you think if you bought a set if Apex 2019 iron in last few months and Callaway was coming out with Apex 2020 this month they would offer you a discount on a new set? No but PXG would theyve done it before when Gen2 came out.

FWIW.....

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Yes! I basically used the Gen 1s to tinker with shaft combos etc. Landed on the Elevate Tours which turns out to be the stock shaft in the Gen 3s (perfect!). Interested to hear your thoughts re: on course differences between the Gen 2 vs Gen 3. For me the Gen 2 was a subtle upgrade from the Gen 1 (turf interaction was noticeably better for me) and I suspect that the Gen 3 will be the same -- a subtle improvement. Absolutely love the look!

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

i dont get bent out of shape at all its just every pxg forum ends up the same way with the same bs. we get it they're expensive in comparison to others and they are not gonna be leaps and bounds better than anything out their. its all about the money period otherwise noone would complain and make the same statements over and over. so like i said before dont buy them. this game was alot better when i played persimmon balata and blades then you talked about what you shot and not how open your drive face is whether you can handle tx tipped 4 inches etc etc etc. rant over

I have not seen any COR measurements for irons.

Would be interesting to know what they are measuring for a 3 iron in a 0311XP!

Doubt the material used in these closed cavity irons would be much value for drivers as driver faces with improved materials are already at the COR/CT limits.

Isn't it Taylormade that says they take their driver faces past the COR limit and then use "speed injection" to bring it back to within legal limits?

Interesting stuff for sure.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'm pretty sure Bob said that headcount actually went up, not down. You could have read some fake news.

I don't understand why people dog on PXG, are they really that expensive? People pay$15K for a Rolex (they sell 800K of them a year ) when you can get a watch that does the same thing for $50. People take their family away to an all-inclusive holiday or cruise for a week and spend $10K easy. People buy cars for $50K that drop $10K the moment you drive them off the lot. $3-4K for clubs isn't a lot if you are a hardcore golfer and play 100+ rounds a year. Most iron tech doesn't move that fast so you can easily keep a set for 5-6 years. If you can't afford them or can't justify the spend, move on. There are plenty of sets for under $1000 that look and feel inferior, just waiting for you to buy them. I have tried everything on the market, my current set is Miura, PXG (to me) is the best currently available in feel and forgiveness. I have a fitting set up for next week. I love what Bob does for the military and with his philanthropy. I love what PXG does with innovation. I'm going to support them.

• Like 1

Good post

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

I would compare a PXG club to buying a Chevy off the lot Automakers are i to volume why they discount so much end of year . Also minute you drive new car off lot deprecates 20-30%. If you hit 1-2 shots with a club could likely still get almost new price. At least my experience and Ive bought and sold a ton of golf clubs

I do like what Bob has done for the 1st responders/Military as I was once an Army Airborne Ranger back in the middle 70's. Is there a discount on the Gen 3's for veterans. Now that would be sweet. If I didn't already have a set that I love I would highly consider the Gen 3's but not about to let go of some of my JDM equipment. Anyone know of some good professional PXG fitters besides Arizona I think or Chicago. Sure people will complain about the price but wouldn't Bob still make a huge profit if the price was a bit more reasonable. Look how TaylorMade has went with their Ti P790, now there's some expensive irons as I believe they are more then the Gen 3's. So hope everyone is enjoying whatever Gen they have as it's not just non PXG owners complaining about price. It sure seems like it's expected on any PXG topic

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Posts like this are why you get what you get in these threads.

go buy your inferior $1k irons.....

Really?

i spent $1k on a custom 919T/T7 set with LZ Blackout, white ferrules/grips, and they look and feel better than any PXG I have hit.

Bummer....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

If you are looking for forged irons, Mizuno don't hold a candle to Miura in my experience. I've played many versions of both.

For feel, PXG beats Miura and destroys Mizuno in my experience. Mizuno, like any other forged club feel decent out of the center; outside of the center they feel the same or worse than many others.

A custom set of Mizuno with good shafts isn't cheap either, you can get up to $2K. In fact, you can get a set of 0211 that is cheaper than Mizuno and feels better. A set of PXG 0211 is on sale for around $1000 even with upgraded shafts and people still dog them, makes no sense to me. Like everything else, it seems the more people dog a company, the better it goes. People dog rolex and you can't find a new Professional watch if your life depended on it, people dog AAPL and TSLA, and they kill it. It's a shame people are so bitter. Whether you play PXG or not, you should be celebrating what they are doing for the golf equipment business.

• Like 1

please remember these forums are for entertainment purposes only and its now getting quite entertaining i mean ive hit the 0211 and to say they feel bettter then mizuno forging is certainly entertainment. now im a pxg guy and feel is subjective but mizuno not holding a candle to miura is just plain ridiculous. its amazing how pxg brings out the pxg bashers and at the same time pxg guys think that their the most unbeleivable set of irons ever made. but keep it up im enjoying the entertainment

• Like 1

Second this in terms of the pxg feel, imo the feel of pxg does not beat miura, even in a slight miss hit of miura blades the feel is dense and buttery, the pxg is what it gets close to the best blade with its construction. Mizuno (and other brands)blades is definitely behind when miss hit slightly compared to pxg, sorta clicky even with a softer steel than miura (it takes twice the force to adjust the lie angle of miuras tournament blades than mp20 according to my fitter).

Pxg is unique on the market in the western golf world. Higher price tag with fancy "technologies" which mean only a selected few can bag them. In japan companies like pxg have existed for a while and yet theres no complain about their rediculous price without these fancy techs. Ppl either choose to bag or focus on improving their swings.