Michelle Wie to Join Masters Broadcast team

I don’t recall anyone saying people started playing at 63. Wth?

They play and spend more is what was said. Why ? Time.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Quit making stuff up.

Nobody has disputed what the average age of golfers is or easily found numbers about that. What you were going on about was how these folks were "hooked" over the years (whatever), got in their golf then and had not much of a playing window after 63 (for whatever reason that was relevant).

Last time - playing window extends a lot longer after 63 (your number) than you claim is does and these guys (who were "hooked" BUT didn't play all that much in their 40s and 50s) are playing tons more golf in their 60s and 70s, to the point where some pretty much play more the first couple years of retirement than they did even the 10 years before.

Put up all the links you want to stuff nobody is arguing about.

Enough already.

Other than Johnny Miller in the last two decades, I can't think of a single broadcaster that most folks outside of hard core golf watchers would even be able to identify most of the time, let alone be enticed to watch golf just because of what may come out of his or her mouth.

Those of us that watch just find the channel it's on - doubt anyone has ever seriously said "oh, CBS, or NBC, or whomever has so and so that might say this or that at some infrequent intervals - let's watch for that."

Folks watch because Tiger is playing. Folks watch because they like to watch golf. Sometimes those two things coincide, but really isn't that about it?

• Like 2

Geeze.....after reading this, it is easy to conclude girls have thicker skin and are tougher. So Johnny's feelings are hurt and the whole world is against him, and if it weren't for this war on little boys like him, he wouldn't have to be so mad....

Nope, give me MIchelle Wie anyday, and everyday.

Michelle is going to be a great addition to the team!! She is articulate, attractive & eloquent with a great personality that will make her fun to watch. I realize that the “Masters Way” will rule the day, but knowing Michelle, she will let her personality shine through appropriately and not only fit in, she will also bring a knowledge and view point that only a world class player and major champion can bring to bear. She is fun, and unlike many of her peers, and many within the gates of Augusta, she does not take herself too seriously. This was one of the first things that I noticed about her. Oh, and as far as the valley girl speak, I’ve known Michelle for over a decade and she has never used that when we were together. A bright beautiful gal that can take a ball 300+ yards can be a tad intimidating to the average guy. To the average WRXer, hahaha??? I’m also confident that she’ll know when to STFU? Great post Toast?Madison

• Like 4

RIF.

and Only certain males deny it’s existence. Why? It benefits them.

and thanks for using the tried and true tactic of deflecting and name calling. “ Johnny “ being a euphemism for male child in case anyone is confused. Shows real class and ability to carry on a debate . Why not show me why my points are wrong ? I’ll be happy to defend them.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

No, that marriage dissolved in 2016.

According to rumors, Vegas Dave and Holly are getting married after only 6 months of being together. I think this sends a positive message about the bonds of marriage. If a marriage is to last, it must be built on a foundation. Also, when it's right, it's right. These two seem perfect for marriage, and for one another. I am wondering if Dave's buddy, Richard Rawlings, will be at the wedding. That would be the icing on the cake.

I wish them the very best.

"Chip" never could compete on an even playing field. Females stop the misogyny, and it's a "war on young males"? You have nothing to defend buddy- I recognize you believe "There are good people on both sides...of this debate about Michelle Wie's efficacy as a broadcaster"

Oh, please. Dont equate people clammoring for a fresh, new, and young injection into golf personas as a commentary on progressive oppression of straight white men.

The current crop of 'old white guys' are bad because theyre boring, monotone, unexciting and uninsightful in regards to modern sports programming - thats why.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Need to bring in these guys. I don't even remember them doing golf in the Olympics but be a riot if they sat in with Sir Nick

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tara-lipinski-and-johnny-weir-announced-golf-and-it-was-delightful

"Weir on Marianne Skarpnord hitting her second shot on a par 5: "Norway a solid golf history. . . Strong drive, strong hit! And it is in a bit of a grassland, looks quite Wyoming out there."

The duo pointed out Stacy Lewis' golfer's tan and they were very impressed with Lexi Thompson, who matched her red golf glove with her red visor.

"She's here to do business," Weir said before setting up her birdie attempt by saying, "A solid bronzing of the shoulders."

3ZBCBO6QBCSJ.png

lolol, Maddie is always tellin me to dial back my emotions?? If ya can’t tell, she likes Michelle, lol

As do I and I’ll only say this about her as THIS is what I look at first in an individual, whether it’s a member in here or on any virtual world board or someone that I meet in the real world, either be it socially, athletically or professionally, male or female, and that is.....

Do they take themselves too seriously??

I will just echo Madison’s sentiments in that Michelle most certainly does not. She did things in a restaurant out of consideration to those sitting around her cuz she knew that a “quiet” evening with a few friends could and usually did turn into a 3-ring circus, when the customers, 90%male, recognized her and approached her. I was very impressed by her actions cuz I’d been around a few male superstars(I put her in this category. You don’t?? Tough sh•t?), and she was much more conscious and concerned about the effect that her presence would have on others than the guys, and the guys were fine, they just weren’t as conscious of those around them. Maybe that’s a Gal thing, lol.

That said, this portion of my post is directed to those that feel the need to dissect Michelle’s academic cred in determining her legitimacy for this position, and at the front of this lil posse is bennysb•tch, or whateverTF your UN is.

First, when is the first or last time that someone EVER questioned a guy’s academic qualifications for a friggin media/announcing position?????

Seriously, lolol???

GTFOH!!!

However, since ya asked, Michelle came from an incredibly academic focused family, with her father being a tenured professor at U of Hawaii and her grandfather was a university Proff in Seoul, South Korea and a visiting Proff at Stanford University.

Also, while Michelle made her first appearance in SI at the age of 14yo and she faced more pressure and achieved more before she hit her 18th birthday than most of ya have faced and/or achieved in your life, lolol

To the faceless nameless(I don’t count using another man’s name as using one’s name. That’s right behind wearing another man’s jersey with that athlete’s or even that man’s name on it as being one of the most emasculating acts that I could choose, lolol), minions who questioned Michelle’s admittance to Stanford based on her ability to hit a lil white ball, please please remember three things~

One, this is not a D1 football factory and we’re not speaking of a 5-star Player here, lolol. We’re not even speaking of the Stanford Men’s Team, lolol. We’re speaking to the Womens’ friggin golf team. We are speaking of one of the 5-6 top academic universities in this country and while their men’s programs may or may not have let in athletes that otherwise would not have gotten in, I have no idea, however I assure you that they do not hand out degrees at Stanford for what one does on a field or court, nor do they carry someone who cannot cut it academically.

This is not Ohio State, Bama, Clemson or LSU, lol

Secondly, Michelle scored a 1420 on her SAT’s and carried a 3.92 GPA with three AP classes in HS. Having scored a 1380 myself(750 math/630 Verbal) , and mine put me in the 99th percentile of all who took the SAT’s my year(1978) and 98th percentile of all college bound seniors, it’s safe to say that Michelle’s scores put her in the 99th PLUS percentile of ANYONE, ANYWHERE who was doin ANYTHING at the university level her freshman year??

I could have led with this but you guys(and Maddie?) know what an •sshole that I can be, lol

That is that Michelle had declared as a Professional two years prior to ever hitting Stanford’s campus and while she obtained her BA in Communications in 4 1/2 years while attending classes half the year and Playing Tour events the other half, again, showing more drive focus & discipline in those 4 1/2 years than most of ya have shown in your life, bear in mind that most kids can’t get out with a degree doing nothing but going to school in 4 1/2 years, as you Fathers can attest to, lolol???

Finally, Michelle Wei NEVER HIT A SINGLE GOLF BALL AS A MEMBER OF THE WOMENS’ GOLF TEAM!!

Oh yea, while Michelle did receive academic scholarship money, amounting to about 25% of her tuition, which as a former D1 scholarship Player I can tell ya the other than a one-time “Governor’s” award of $5000 for my SAT scores, neither myself nor any teammate that I ever suited up with ever received a dollar of academic scholarship money, lol.

Three quarters of Michelle’s tuition was paid for by her parents.

So, in closing, before a few of ya just make blatantly false uneducated and insecure comments without have ANY knowledge of that of which you speak, if you can’t do a lil research, just please STFU and don’t parade your insecurities and ignorance across this board.

Again, when has one of these male announcers EVER had their academic creds, or really ANYTHING about themselves questioned for their ability to do the job????

As had been mentioned by the more lucid posts above me, They will not give Michelle more than she can handle and they will allow her to grow into the position, so she’ll be fine.

I don’t expect anyone to step up cuz if ya had the stones that you were born with, you wouldn’t have made the petty •ss comments that you made, however nothing intimidates most men like Beauty, Brains & B•lls, as I’ve witnessed it throughout my life when I’ve observed most guys around Women that have all three, much less the former two of the three???

lololol, the human male, THE most insecure species on planet earth? ???

Stay well BroMeisters, and have a Blessed Holiday Season & Happy Healthy New Yea?

Richard

• Like 4

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24