Michelle Wie to Join Masters Broadcast team

I love the Drive, Chip and Putt (except that they spend way too much time on stories of selected players and way too little time showing shots).

I think she'd be fun to hear on that aspect of the coverage and would love to see her as a bit of an ambassador for that. She and Condi would make a pretty good pair of folks to look up to for the young players.

Not saying she shouldn't or wouldn't be doing anything else, but boy she'd be good around the youngsters, IMO.

Care to translate that into English ?

Will be hard for me to commit to an answer when I don’t know what you’re saying.

Questions to clarify.

Who’s chip If you’re categorizing raising boys as boys misogyny ? Then it’s clear that you are a brainwashed gelding for which there is no hope. Literally a ludicrous equation you’ve presented. you believe That anyone who doesn’t think Wie is a good choice for this is an inherently bad person? That’s a terribly closed minded stance. Not shocking , but .... disappointing

again RIF. If you read all of my posts on this. You’ll see that I wished her well , and literally haven’t said a bad word about her. None. But I have questioned the Choice. As in to find the logic that was used for that choice. To call me bad for the tame conversation that I’ve had , absolutely does a great job of framing my point about the war on males being waged today. Had I said it as a female , not a peep would be heard.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Actually, I have resigned myself to the simple fact that I am no longer “the sh•t,” along with the facts that I will never again be at Plus nor will I Play blades, as I’m not counting my wedges, lolol

Getting old svcks, however I have a clean bill of health for the first time in almost six years, I’m totally off of the dilaudid and I still have a choice as to what type of dinosaur? that I’d like to be, lolol?

One thing that I promise ya and that is that I’m not goin quietly, lol?

Thanks for the kind words BI?

Cheers?

RP

• Like 2

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Now @Forged4ever Richard. That’s some great news on a cold raining day ! So glad to hear it. You’ve had mountains of prayers coming your way , even if I am a misogynist ass hole .... Lmao.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ok, I can’t figure out how to respond to these individually in two separate posts as I accidentally hit “quote“ more than I should’ve and I can’t delete Blade’s second post so I’ll just do a twofer?

FWIW, this new set-up svcks??

Hawk, that’s where my first thoughts went cuz She and Maddie did a lil weeny clinic at Isleworth and she loves the kids, and they love her. She’s a natural with them and they gravitate to her likes bees to honey, and that would be a great event for her to get her feet wet with and as it’s for sh•t’s & giggles, she could have fun, learn and if she makes a mistake or two, who cares??

In answer to your question Bladester, and this is just my uneducated guess, lol, however her “Q” ranting, or however they rate these Professional Athletes regarding their personalities and acceptance by the public, and subsequently the sponsoring corporations is off the friggin charts, like in Michael, Tiger, George Foreman & Shaw territory, and her age hits a demographics that that everyone from Augusta to the network want to reach and grow.

Plus, and I’m only speaking for myself however Brother, Michelle is veeeeeery easy on the eyes, lol.

Nothing against Judy or Davies, however their best years are behind them, while I believe that Michelle’s are in front of her, and while she doesn’t have their golf CV, I believe that she has certainly achieved enough to stand on ANY stage with ANY LPGA Pro as a multiple Tour winner along with a victory in arguably THE most prestigious LPGA Major, The US Womens’ Open, along being a decade long Solheim Cup member(5-Time Selection).

I’m obviously biased however it’s not like she’s not qualified, lol

i think that we should give the guys/gals who selected her a lil credit for knowin whatTF they were doing??

Stay well Bro and the very Best to You & Yours for a Merry Christmas?and a Happy Healthy New Year ?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I meant “Shaq” territory??

god, do I hate not being able to edit my screw-ups, lol

Cheers?

RP

I am out....RICHARD has touched on everything I can think of that needs to be said (from my perspective).

Here is an excerpt, but I fully endorse the totality of his post and to me it even "translates" my beliefs about "Chip":

Again, when has one of these male announcers EVER had their academic creds, or really ANYTHING about themselves questioned for their ability to do the job????

As had been mentioned by the more lucid posts above me, They will not give Michelle more than she can handle and they will allow her to grow into the position, so she’ll be fine.

I don’t expect anyone to step up cuz if ya had the stones that you were born with, you wouldn’t have made the petty •ss comments that you made, however nothing intimidates most men like Beauty, Brains & B•lls, as I’ve witnessed it throughout my life when I’ve observed most guys around Women that have all three, much less the former two of the three???

lololol, the human male, THE most insecure species on planet earth? ???

Stay well BroMeisters, and have a Blessed Holiday Season & Happy Healthy New Yea?

Richard

Are you calling a 17 time LPGA winner with 2 majors a token? How embarrassing for you... it has nothing to do with satisfying anyone or any quota but then again thank you for confirming to all what your real agenda is here. Pepper has been great in replacing feherty, one of my favorites. Doesnt mean Wie belongs anywhere near the booth or on course. No need for empty virtue signalling about my satisfaction level about how many women are in the broadcast. You seem to be the one with the issue about how many women "should" be there not me. I cant stand ian baker finch or kostis or mccord so gender doesnt matter to me and it shouldnt to you.

Lol.

Zero of Richards conversation mentions any point I made except for Rankin and Davies. And that point is taken as far as long term going forward goes. But for now don’t agree that Rankin especially isn’t a better choice. But hey. That boils down to opinion. And I’m perfectly fine with you or anyone one else having that as one. I’d just expect the opposite in return. That’s all.

still don’t know what pseudo social media slight “ chip” is supposed to be or mean. So the joke is lost here.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Jesus... how does his comment, which is almost surely tongue-in-cheek, lead you to believe he hates women? Nobody with at least half a brain would read his comment and jump to the conclusion he hates women.

For all the people in this thread that claim men who don't think Michelle Wie is a good choice are misogynists and/or insecure, it sure seems like there are some advocating for Michelle Wie simply because she is a woman, which itself is prejudiced. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Your prejudice isn't better than, or more acceptable, simply because you are advocating for one gender over another.

Society has moved so far away from reality that it is amazing that it still functions. I recently attended a CLE course put on by the State Bar of Texas during which I had to hear one of the presenters explain to the crowd that only men can be sexist and only white people can be racist... and instead of being laughed out of the room, people applauded.

ETA: Why is the word s-e-x a censored word?

• Like 3

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Yep. Golf off-season has arrived......

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

This has nothing to do with my comment and I didn’t mean to point out this specific comment but as a whole, it was just happens to be the last one before my comment. As Richard mentioned no one questions any male announcers academics when the whole thread is questioning her intelligence like she got a pass to Stanford because of her golf ability. She didn’t even play on the team! It’s just every other post is poking fun that she’ll interview people with “like” and won’t be able to form an intelligent sentence. I know most is tongue and cheek but that’s the point that without one minute of airtime she’s already the butt of the joke and it’s doubtful you guys would be saying that if it were some young male getting the same break. Weep for the future all you want because it proves the point. And by the way I’m old and white lol

There are loads of young males who’d get worse if they had been voted to that job. I can name them , but I’m sure then a firestorm of “ how can you compare him to HER” will erupt. Just think hard. You can come up with plenty too.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

How are you aware of what her course knowledge or level of tour insight consists of?

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant