New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

Target alignment is very easy with the camera and device. Red vertical line top to bottom of the image. Just put a ball down or alignment stick in the ground on the target line. I have not used it outside yet but...

indoors it is extremely sensitive and measures roll and pitch to 0.1 degrees. I use paper to shim the roll to 0 bc I’ve read this highly impacts spin axis measurement. On grass this could be a pita. If the area is tightly mown prob no problem but longer grass could bounce back and move it around. If it’s your yard I’d put a paver or something like that down. At the range I’d take a clipboard or flat piece of plastic and some paper to shim. 

im sure other folks here have used it outside and can chime in. A YouTuber Scott hogan uses one and has used it outside and he has helped me with a couple of things. 

Callaway Epic 10*
TM Jetspeed

Titleist Tsi2 21 hybrid

Titleist AP3 5-P
Titleist SM8 48, 52, 56, old 60K
Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Lined

25 minutes ago, Red5 said:

Target alignment is very easy with the camera and device. Red vertical line top to bottom of the image. Just put a ball down or alignment stick in the ground on the target line. I have not used it outside yet but...

indoors it is extremely sensitive and measures roll and pitch to 0.1 degrees. I use paper to shim the roll to 0 bc I’ve read this highly impacts spin axis measurement. On grass this could be a pita. If the area is tightly mown prob no problem but longer grass could bounce back and move it around. If it’s your yard I’d put a paver or something like that down. At the range I’d take a clipboard or flat piece of plastic and some paper to shim. 

im sure other folks here have used it outside and can chime in. A YouTuber Scott hogan uses one and has used it outside and he has helped me with a couple of things. 

I've been getting a lot of information from Scott's videos.  They are good.

23 hours ago, Red5 said:

my setup is a truestrike mat that puts the surface well above the unit. I bought a 6 ft 2x12 to try and bring the unit to level. It may still be an inch low. I generally set tee height to “1 off the mat 2” off the tee. I should probably experiment further with that. 

I think you only need to account for the mat. I think I watched someone say that, and it's been really accurate for me. 

It accounts for tee on driver and such. I'll try find it if I can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was looking deeper into spin rate. Evidently mats spin a lot less. This article has someone getting ~2k less spin with a 7 iron off a mat vs grass so not a mevo+ issue or not as much of one with the irons as I thought. 

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/mats-vs-grass-whats-difference/

• Like 3

Callaway Epic 10*
TM Jetspeed

Titleist Tsi2 21 hybrid

Titleist AP3 5-P
Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Lined

20 hours ago, Red5 said:

I was looking deeper into spin rate. Evidently mats spin a lot less. This article has someone getting ~2k less spin with a 7 iron off a mat vs grass so not a mevo+ issue or not as much of one with the irons as I thought. 

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/mats-vs-grass-whats-difference/

This is part of the reason why I hate indoor simulator fittings!

• Like 1

Hey all, I just got the Mevo+ and want to know any recommended Battery Pack for this unit? I heard we need to use the cable provided otherwise it will get the unit...

-----

WITB

Titleist TSi3 8* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 70 TX

Titleist TSi2 15* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 80 TX

Titleist U500 3i Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX or Titleist TSi2 18* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" PVD 6.5 80G

Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 7.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50F(51)/56M(55)/60T

Scotty Cameron (TBD)

Titleist ProV1

Another update. I found the E6 ranges giving better spin rates on the driver and short irons. I also found the spin going up after a bit and when I switched to a fresh ball the spin rate when down. Might be something to the fresh ball thing, or I psychosomatically hit it higher on the face 😁.  Kind of annoying bc I wasn’t getting all the same data as fs golf. 

I went to play a few holes on aviara and I was hitting fades / slices that weren’t carrying. Hit a few mullies and could hardly get it straight to drawing when I felt it should be really drawing to hooking... then noticed I had a 12-18 mph gusty wind going on 😂. I thought u had to select that so be warned. 

• Like 1

Callaway Epic 10*
TM Jetspeed

Titleist Tsi2 21 hybrid

Titleist AP3 5-P
Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Lined

@Red5 I think a lot of people don't recognize deformation through repeated strikes as a reason for wonky reads.  Having worked in a sim, I could tell when balls were starting to "go bad" from repeated use.  The scary part is when a ball breaks from overuse and the damage that can result to the screen.

• Thanks 1

At the risk of reading 31pgs... has anyone taken their Mevo+ to the public range? Is if affected by stalls/ enclosures provided you can get the ball-to-unit distance right?

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Callaway Apex Pro '21 5-AW-- S400 (S)

Woods: Callaway Epic Speed 3W

Putter: TM HydroBlast Del Monte 1

3 hours ago, AcesAndHoles said:

At the risk of reading 31pgs... has anyone taken their Mevo+ to the public range? Is if affected by stalls/ enclosures provided you can get the ball-to-unit distance right?

Distance and height is set in the app. If there's a left hander facing you hitting in the next bay, it will cause issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, Frankensteins Monster said:

Distance and height is set in the app. If there's a left hander facing you hitting in the next bay, it will cause issues.

Not quite what I meant. 

Is the unit affected by interference from stalls and enclosures*

• 3 weeks later...

Coming from years with SkyTrak, I decided to move to the Mevo+ for some flexibility with right/left handed players.  As with SkyTrak, I’m mostly interested in using this for honing my iron play, and the occasional simulation.  I have enough trouble with putting on a real green, so that’s not a highlight I’ll take advantage of as a way to improve!  I’m setting up a short indoor setup in my garage.  

Anyone have any particular thoughts are maximizing practice through what the Mevo+ has to offer?

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

I noticed almost all of the sites have the Mevo+ with free shipping and no tax, which is great but they also have a 15% restocking fee attached for returns. Is that universal even for a brand new unit? Is there any website that's better, or have any benefits for going with one over another? 

6 hours ago, glaars said:

I just picked up mine from the fellas at gunghogolf.com - they were great to deal with and I received the unit within a few days.  You're just going to need to pull the trigger at some point!

6 hours ago, glaars said:

I just picked up mine from the fellas at gunghogolf.com - they were great to deal with and I received the unit within a few days.  You're just going to need to pull the trigger at some point!

Pulled the trigger last night. V. Excited to get my hands on this bad boy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, glaars said:

Ditto!

Unwrapped and all set up, if I could just get some time out of work to get set up at the range. 

Good luck, you won't regret the purchase!

I don't think I have a choice! that 15% restocking fee is HEFTY 😂

Bought my Mevo+ about 4 months ago, and aside from some of the idiosyncrasies and issues with being an early(ish) adopter, really love it. It's effectively the only way I get to get proper practice time in, and it lets me practice every aspect of my game other than chipping and putting. Numbers-wise, it stacks up very closely with my numbers from TM4, other than in the driver spin (and distance) department where it's completely FUBAR - shows 1000rpm over what I usually get from my driver. Short pitch shot carry distances (e.g. 40-55m) also don't seem that accurate versus what I see on TM4 or on the course - I *know* my 60 degree carries 40m on half shots,

In terms of setup, I use it outdoors into a net on the short indoor mode, as I only have 8 ft unit to tee, and 8-9 ft tee to net available. I do use it outside on the odd occasion I can actually make it to a real range. Setup was and is a bit finicky for the unit, it's definitely not a plug-and-play unit like a GCQ or TM4 (although they also have their idiosyncrasies), and Flightscope documentation could have done a better job explaining how to set it up for best results. I've reached out to their support and had a good experience both times, so they are responsive to issues and questions at least.

On the app side, FS Golf is okay. Works fine on my iPad, but the Android version is pretty buggy - as an example, if I'm creating a session, and I want to select a different club to start hitting with, it just bombs me back to the main menu.

These generally minor complaints aside though, it's probably the most useful tool I've bought for my golf game. It gives me the opportunity to actually practice what my coach and I have worked on the past week. For the price you pay, I'm not sure it can be beat by other options on the market at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've been blown away by the information the Mevo+ provides. if it somehow managed to track club path dynamic loft etc as well.... yikes. Kiss the rest of the field goodbye. 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, BatcatZA said:

Bought my Mevo+ about 4 months ago, and aside from some of the idiosyncrasies and issues with being an early(ish) adopter, really love it. It's effectively the only way I get to get proper practice time in, and it lets me practice every aspect of my game other than chipping and putting. Numbers-wise, it stacks up very closely with my numbers from TM4, other than in the driver spin (and distance) department where it's completely FUBAR - shows 1000rpm over what I usually get from my driver. Short pitch shot carry distances (e.g. 40-55m) also don't seem that accurate versus what I see on TM4 or on the course - I *know* my 60 degree carries 40m on half shots,

In terms of setup, I use it outdoors into a net on the short indoor mode, as I only have 8 ft unit to tee, and 8-9 ft tee to net available. I do use it outside on the odd occasion I can actually make it to a real range. Setup was and is a bit finicky for the unit, it's definitely not a plug-and-play unit like a GCQ or TM4 (although they also have their idiosyncrasies), and Flightscope documentation could have done a better job explaining how to set it up for best results. I've reached out to their support and had a good experience both times, so they are responsive to issues and questions at least.

On the app side, FS Golf is okay. Works fine on my iPad, but the Android version is pretty buggy - as an example, if I'm creating a session, and I want to select a different club to start hitting with, it just bombs me back to the main menu.

These generally minor complaints aside though, it's probably the most useful tool I've bought for my golf game. It gives me the opportunity to actually practice what my coach and I have worked on the past week. For the price you pay, I'm not sure it can be beat by other options on the market at the moment.

Thanks for the details. Much appreciated. I am in a very similar setup as you: Outdoors into a net. My space options are slightly more flexible since its on our 2nd lot (adjacent but empty outside of some sheds) but for now the distances are about the same setup as yours.

I currently use a SC200 which works fairly well for me but the big issue for me is the uncertainty of where the ball will end up. I am thinking/hoping that some of the additional stats from the Mevo+ will help me get a better idea on that. I don't think there are many devices in that price range (2K) which will provide such feedback but Mevo+ may be an exception.

What are your folks thought on that? Thanks.

Edited by fistfullofbeer

On 6/7/2021 at 6:32 PM, CantJumpHighHandicap said:

Not any way that I’ve seen or heard.  Just club head speed of course, as I’m sure you already knew.

And also AoA, which I should have mentioned! 👍

Here’s a couple samples for you from E6 Connect as well as FS Golf(both in short indoor mode, Mevo+ 8 feet behind hitting mat and 8 feet of ball flight to net, using the metallic stickers on balls)

CE2872EA-FC64-43C8-9233-6A3AC6BB9E6C.png.857002217a1cc02b47092d50f3aa1219.png
3CE35190-71CC-4DA4-AA49-E73F34C4162A.png.7668902ca3affff1169fc8bc205f19c0.png

Edited by CantJumpHighHandicap

22 hours ago, CantJumpHighHandicap said:

And also AoA, which I should have mentioned! 👍

Here’s a couple samples for you from E6 Connect as well as FS Golf(both in short indoor mode, Mevo+ 8 feet behind hitting mat and 8 feet of ball flight to net, using the metallic stickers on balls)

CE2872EA-FC64-43C8-9233-6A3AC6BB9E6C.png.857002217a1cc02b47092d50f3aa1219.png
3CE35190-71CC-4DA4-AA49-E73F34C4162A.png.7668902ca3affff1169fc8bc205f19c0.png

Thanks for those stats. Do you feel that the Shot type result is fairly reliable when hitting to the net? That is the main feedback I am interested in and why I would upgrade from my SC200 to the Mevo+.

Thanks.