2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

On 11/18/2020 at 7:15 PM, HiTrajLoSpin said:

Flightscopemevo.com now indicates 7-8 weeks shipping lead time for the Mevo+ , so they do seem to be making progress on backorders.

I ordered October 30 ... will update when mine arrives.

Just received this e-mail from Flightscope:

Dear Valued Customer, 

Thank you for your order and patience during this unexpected and unprecedented time. We are happy to inform you that your Mevo+ is currently in transit to the US from our production facility! Barring any unforeseen delays during transport, your device will be shipped to you later this week.

You will receive a tracking number when your unit has been dispatched. 

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

17 hours ago, HiTrajLoSpin said:

Just received this e-mail from Flightscope:

Dear Valued Customer, 

Thank you for your order and patience during this unexpected and unprecedented time. We are happy to inform you that your Mevo+ is currently in transit to the US from our production facility! Barring any unforeseen delays during transport, your device will be shipped to you later this week.

You will receive a tracking number when your unit has been dispatched. 

Glad to see that the order lead time is becoming less and less.  I ordered mine in mid February when the lead time was still shown as 3 weeks but didn't get it until the end of May!  But after having it for the golf season I have to say it really really helped my game.  I lowered my handicap 2.5 shots, got my swing speed up 4mph to a new baseline average, and understand my swing and mechanics so much better now that I have feedback.

The only downside I have is that indoors off a mat the spin is just not as it would be off grass.  I get low spin numbers on every club from 6 iron to wedge but once I take the unit outside and hit off grass the spin #s are where they should be.  Also I have a driver ball speed around 160MPH and indoors the unit has a little bit of trouble modeling the flight as 9' might not be enough to get all the data.  It kinda overdoes my draw a bit but it's nothing to where it's unusable.

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

43 minutes ago, jho786 said:

Glad to see that the order lead time is becoming less and less.  I ordered mine in mid February when the lead time was still shown as 3 weeks but didn't get it until the end of May!  But after having it for the golf season I have to say it really really helped my game.  I lowered my handicap 2.5 shots, got my swing speed up 4mph to a new baseline average, and understand my swing and mechanics so much better now that I have feedback.

The only downside I have is that indoors off a mat the spin is just not as it would be off grass.  I get low spin numbers on every club from 6 iron to wedge but once I take the unit outside and hit off grass the spin #s are where they should be.  Also I have a driver ball speed around 160MPH and indoors the unit has a little bit of trouble modeling the flight as 9' might not be enough to get all the data.  It kinda overdoes my draw a bit but it's nothing to where it's unusable.

That is good to hear.  I ordered mine just a couple of weeks ago in mid November, not expecting to get it until next year, but sounds like a great tool to stay on top of your game and improve as well.  Losing 2.5 off your handicap is no joke, congrats on the improvement!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

On 12/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, pgetzen said:

That is good to hear.  I ordered mine just a couple of weeks ago in mid November, not expecting to get it until next year, but sounds like a great tool to stay on top of your game and improve as well.  Losing 2.5 off your handicap is no joke, congrats on the improvement!

Thanks!  And that's considering I got my handicap down to 1.4 so it was a lot of hard work!  Most of it came from driving the ball longer and in the fairway.

I like that I can trust the ball speed #s and that really helps to tell you how well your strike is.

Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

1 hour ago, jho786 said:

Thanks!  And that's considering I got my handicap down to 1.4 so it was a lot of hard work!  Most of it came from driving the ball longer and in the fairway.

I like that I can trust the ball speed #s and that really helps to tell you how well your strike is.

That’s even better news.  I jump between a 3 and a 4, and am hoping this will help me get lower

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF

14 hours ago, Metro07 said:

Do the metal dots help with speed and distance accuracy numbers as well or are they just for spin?

I think they help with the ball speed and spin but I'm sure they aid in the overall tracking like launch angles too.

Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

On 11/18/2020 at 7:15 PM, HiTrajLoSpin said:

Flightscopemevo.com now indicates 7-8 weeks shipping lead time for the Mevo+ , so they do seem to be making progress on backorders.

I ordered October 30 ... will update when mine arrives.

FYI, just received my Mevo+ ... exactly 5 weeks from order date, so they're definitely making progress on backorders.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm really close to ordering a Mevo+. 

Just a few questions for those who have the unit.

• How many stickers are included with the unit when purchased? (I'll be using it almost 95% indoors)
  • Are the stickers that are available on Flightscope's site special in any way? Or can I just purchase some metallic dots off of eBay, like this: https://ebay.to/3nNC2HS
  • Have firmware updates been consistent? How effective have firmware updates been?

Thanks!

- Its a small sheet of stickers I believe 100 or so. I'd check but mine is currently on loan

- Special who knows but I'm not that turned off by $35 for 1000, that is a lot of stickers

- Firmware updates have fixed issues for sure, but I would not call them consistent. Demand is high, world supply chain disrupted and they seem to be struggling on a few fronts to get things done. 1st world problem for a toy, so I have been patient. I would like to see the upper clubs more accurate still

My wife ordered me one for Christmas, should be here some time in January.  I'm pretty pumped for it, mostly after feedback on shot shape so I can work on my desired swing path/shot shape and consistency out of the center of the face (Something I used to have, but have lost lately).

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

8 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

How does it do with beat up yellow range balls?

On an outside range, fine. (I use mine exclusively outside, with everything from worn smooth Pinnacle range rocks, to brand new ProV1 and TP5x practice balls.)

As far as outside use and data goes, here’s the deal - its a consumer level, budget version of a product that typically runs 5-10x more expensive.  You’re going to get some misreads.  Even Trackman occasionally misreads.  But you learn to recognize those.  The concern is whether the good reads produce consistent and accurate data from the firmware. For me, some data parameters are more accurate/consistent than others.  But overall, considering the price, I find the unit to be a valuable asset.

if you are talking about the simulator aspect, I can’t provide an educated opinion on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDMRN81 said:

So I need some guidance.  I didn't read through this thread entirely (apologize if it was covered) but I'm having trouble with my Mevo reading short chip shots.  Everything is set up correctly from what I can tell.  Are there any secrets/advice from those who have experienced this? Thanks!

Not sure if this is the issue, but Flightscope sent this email to owners 2 days ago:

EA9645F8-82E1-4503-A0DE-AFA562537E60.jpeg.94afefb9f5e4eedde16dd06c5437ded6.jpeg

3 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

On an outside range, fine. (I use mine exclusively outside, with everything from worn smooth Pinnacle range rocks, to brand new ProV1 and TP5x practice balls.)

As far as outside use and data goes, here’s the deal - its a consumer level, budget version of a product that typically runs 5-10x more expensive.  You’re going to get some misreads.  Even Trackman occasionally misreads.  But you learn to recognize those.  The concern is whether the good reads produce consistent and accurate data from the firmware. For me, some data parameters are more accurate/consistent than others.  But overall, considering the price, I find the unit to be a valuable asset.

if you are talking about the simulator aspect, I can’t provide an educated opinion on that.

I currently have a Rapsodo MLM. Does a great job, but has about half the parameters of the Mevo+. Wondering if it’s worth switching? It will be used between worn out range balls, 20-80 yard full flight pitches, and net usage using brand new balls. 

10 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

I currently have a Rapsodo MLM. Does a great job, but has about half the parameters of the Mevo+. Wondering if it’s worth switching? It will be used between worn out range balls, 20-80 yard full flight pitches, and net usage using brand new balls. 

What data parameters are you missing that are important to you?  I can offer my opinion on how accurate/valuable they are with the Mevo+.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EricWGolf said:

What data parameters are you missing that are important to you?  I can offer my opinion on how accurate/valuable they are with the Mevo+.

Spin rate, spin axis, AOA. Also, how accurate those are given with new balls into a net and beaters at the driving range. 

Edited by Frankensteins Monster

12 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Spin rate, spin axis, AOA. Also, how accurate those are given with new balls into a net and beaters at the driving range. 

I can’t comment on balls hit into a net but, at a range, spin and spin axis are generally solid.  I’ve put my Mevo+ side-by-side with a Trackman 4 on two occasions and the numbers were remarkably similar.  AoA is more dependent on physical set-up of the unit than TM.  You must be on level ground, or adjust the settings in the FS Golf app.  Even then, sometimes I get odd AoA numbers with irons.  

Once you use the unit for awhile, you learn to recognize bad reads.  For example, occasionally the unit gives you carry distance immediately upon impact, without other data.  That’s an obvious misread.  Others misreads are more subtle.  But even Trackman gets it wrong sometimes (e.g., doubling spin numbers) and it costs 12x as much.  

One data point I see the Mevo+ getting wrong more than I would like is “shot shape.”  Because the unit does not give you face angle and path numbers, “shot shape” should be a way reverse engineer basic face-to-path.  But I’ve seen a hook presented as a push, a block listed as a draw, and so forth.  That’s not fatal for me because I use my Mevo+ outside and can see ballflight.  But for someone using the unit as a simulator or into a net, that might be a no-go.

I think that, as long as you recognize the limitations of the Mevo+ (considering its price point) and honestly evaluate if you will be happy with those limitations, you will be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just gone out to my net on a miserable lockdown day in the UK. There was a firmware update which seems to have dramatically improved driver readings - pretty much spot on to my usual GC2/TM numbers where previously they had been out across a number of metrics esp spin. 

Thought I'd share and see if others had seen similar changes ?

Love the Mevo + btw (apart from driver readings up to now !)

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

3 hours ago, Britboy said:

Just gone out to my net on a miserable lockdown day in the UK. There was a firmware update which seems to have dramatically improved driver readings - pretty much spot on to my usual GC2/TM numbers where previously they had been out across a number of metrics esp spin. 

Thought I'd share and see if others had seen similar changes ?

Love the Mevo + btw (apart from driver readings up to now !)

Do you know what firmware version it was? Some of us were sent emails to skip a specific version (0.13 i think?) due to chipping/putter no-reads

21 hours ago, motts said:

Do you know what firmware version it was? Some of us were sent emails to skip a specific version (0.13 i think?) due to chipping/putter no-reads

Hi there - I'm not sure how you check which version is currently downloaded but it's the latest and I haven't skipped any !

I don't use for chipping/putting so can't comment

18 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Another question about spin. I'm assuming that when I use beat up range balls on the range, the spin will obviously be different compared to TPX's that I use during a round, right? In this case, spin numbers are pretty useless, right?

There's an option on the app to select range balls or real balls

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, rouski12 said:

Anyone know the lead time on Mevo+ these days? I'd imagine it's not going to get any better any time soon..

Just got mine a couple of days ago.  When I bought in mid November, the stated lead time was 7-8 weeks.  Ended up getting it 7 weeks and 2 days after order, so they were pretty accurate.  I think the site now states 6-7 weeks.  Hit some 8 irons into a net and pretty pleased so far.  No missed shots. I do think I will have to learn to set it up more precisely to make sure everything is working correctly. I am using my gamer ball with a metal dot on it to make sure I am getting the best numbers.

PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Seemore Mini Giant DF