2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Shaft Q&A with Fujikura - We're here to answer your questions!

Fujikura Golf

Thanks guys

really appreciate you spending the time to answer these questions

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

@boycer11 -
Of course! Always fun getting to chat with you guys.
Ventus is not counterbalanced. Motore X will have a somewhat counterbalanced feel due to its balance point, but is not a true counterbalanced shaft. Hope that makes sense! Again, these are fairly similar from a performance metric standpoint but very different products in terms of design and specs.
Like I said, can't wait to get out and do my own bit of research for my WITB... 70 degrees and sunny here in Carlsbad is not helping the golf fever!
Stay safe and healthy, everyone!
AT, Fujikura Golf

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

@moorebaseball -
Here's what I would suggest based on my understanding of the models you mentioned:
Ventus Black and Rogue Silver 130 MSI TX have some similarities in the butt/mid/tip sections in the bend profiles. We don't offer Ventus Black in a TX but based on my research the Silver will still be similar to our Ventus Black X. Both are classified as low launching shafts I believe.For the Rogue white, I would suggest looking into our Ventus Blue profile for a mid launching profile.Thanks for your question, hope this helps!
-AT, Fujikura Golf

Hey Fujikura,

Any chance you could address my question? In love with the old Motore 6.2 Tour Spec, wondering what kind of profile that shaft had and what a good starting point with today's offerings would be.

Also, which shaft(s) have been popular in fairways for high launchers like myself? Off the deck I usually go mid/high launch to help promote ball flight. Thank you!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9 deg  / Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 wood (15 deg) / Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Blue 7x

PING G425 Hybrid 19.5 deg / Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8s (tipped 1/2)

Mizuno JPX 900 Tours 4-PW / KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff

Titleist SM5 50,54,60 / KBS 610 Stiff

Taylor Made Spider X Chalk  

IG: @martinmejia14 

@FormerDimer -
Thanks for your question. The two options I would have you consider that are similar to the Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 would be Motore X F1 and Atmos Tour Spec Black. I would also suggest the Ventus Black but you may find that it has a different feel (most have preferred this!) and you'll potentially notice a feel of loading in the downswing.
Hope this helps!
-AT, Fujikura Golf

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fujikura! Thanks for doing this!

it seems to me that the bend profile on the black 6(s and x) is very different from the bend profile of the black 7(both s and x). It seems the black 6 would launch quite a bit lower and that the black 7 would launch similar to the blue 7(based on tip and butt ratios). The black 7 almost seems to have a similar bend profile to the Ventus blue. Is this accurate? From all the data I have been able to find in terms of specific profile numbers across the blue and black in the 6 and 7 this is what it seems like.

i play the blue 6s now in my driver. It has brought me back from a place where I thought I may never hit driver again! LOL. when things aren’t 100% my move from the top can get out of sync, I feel like from not enough weight. Ball flight sometimes is not as penetrating as I’ve see in the past with say a Rogue Silver. I want to go either just a little heavier, just a little stiffer, or both. I love the Ventus. I can move it pretty well, I haven’t been on a lunch monitor in some time but I don’t have any issue loading the blue 6s whatsoever, my move is somewhere between 105-108transition is faster than moderate, release is more than than mid. The Blue 6S never feels loose(I don’t think it’s possible for a Ventus not to be up to the task).

im not trying to be a hero, I’m not a guy that has to have an X on his shaft. My preference, I think would be to go up in weight, instead of going up in flex. Tempo and feel being the main motivator. My interest is in the Black 7S. It looks like the tip is similar to the blue 7s and the butt is like the blue 7x. Can you please give me some guidance on this, the Black 7S is the one shaft that I haven’t been able to find enough profile data(mid flex and cpm) to solidify my thinking. But based on everything else I have been able to find I’ve been trying to figure out the profile for the 7s on my own. I figured I would ask for help. The Ventus is a tremendous product, i almost couldn’t hit driver anymore till I put that shaft in about a year ago, now it’s time to refine the fitting to my improved tee game

• 5 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, Phjames44 said:

Hi Fujikura! Thanks for doing this!

it seems to me that the bend profile on the black 6(s and x) is very different from the bend profile of the black 7(both s and x). It seems the black 6 would launch quite a bit lower and that the black 7 would launch similar to the blue 7(based on tip and butt ratios). The black 7 almost seems to have a similar bend profile to the Ventus blue. Is this accurate? From all the data I have been able to find in terms of specific profile numbers across the blue and black in the 6 and 7 this is what it seems like.

i play the blue 6s now in my driver. It has brought me back from a place where I thought I may never hit driver again! LOL. when things aren’t 100% my move from the top can get out of sync, I feel like from not enough weight. Ball flight sometimes is not as penetrating as I’ve see in the past with say a Rogue Silver. I want to go either just a little heavier, just a little stiffer, or both. I love the Ventus. I can move it pretty well, I haven’t been on a lunch monitor in some time but I don’t have any issue loading the blue 6s whatsoever, my move is somewhere between 105-108transition is faster than moderate, release is more than than mid. The Blue 6S never feels loose(I don’t think it’s possible for a Ventus not to be up to the task).

im not trying to be a hero, I’m not a guy that has to have an X on his shaft. My preference, I think would be to go up in weight, instead of going up in flex. Tempo and feel being the main motivator. My interest is in the Black 7S. It looks like the tip is similar to the blue 7s and the butt is like the blue 7x. Can you please give me some guidance on this, the Black 7S is the one shaft that I haven’t been able to find enough profile data(mid flex and cpm) to solidify my thinking. But based on everything else I have been able to find I’ve been trying to figure out the profile for the 7s on my own. I figured I would ask for help. The Ventus is a tremendous product, i almost couldn’t hit driver anymore till I put that shaft in about a year ago, now it’s time to refine the fitting to my improved tee game

Sorry for the delay in reply. Thank you for the praise on ventus. It looks like you're seeking something very specific with a particular goal in mind, a very technical, minor difference. That being said, even our guidance over the internet may not suffice. We really encourage you to find a local dealer and go test them for yourself & get fit. Most shops have a 30 day guarantee so you can trial it on the course and ensure you like it.

To Note: all of the VENTUS Black models have stiffer handles & mids than the blue models. Also going up in weight will go up in stiffness slightly.

@Fujikura Golf Thanks for taking the time. I recently switched over to Ventus Black 7x in my driver and am really encouraged with the results so far as I work on my swing changes with my coach. A question for you guys, in the past I had played the Motore Speeder 8.2 TS X flex in my 3 wood and loved it (and really regret getting rid of that shaft). They are getting pretty hard to come by now, what would me the most similar shaft in today’s lineup, would it be the Ventus Black 8X?  

Thankfully I kept the 9.2x for my 5 wood and have recently put that back in play and it’s as wonderful as I remember. 

Again thanks for taking the time, and after a brief period away from Fuji I am switching back. 

Edited by SC-TX 88

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Really intrigued by the MCI practice shaft.  I have a PW that I was considering giving up to the cause.  Would it make any sense to use the Plus shaft at a 7 iron length to make things a little more challenging? 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

12 hours ago, SC-TX 88 said:

Thanks for taking the time. I recently switched over to Ventus Black 7x in my driver and am really encouraged with the results so far as I work on my swing changes with my coach. A question for you guys, in the past I had played the Motore Speeder 8.2 TS X flex in my 3 wood and loved it (and really regret getting rid of that shaft). They are getting pretty hard to come by now, what would me the most similar shaft in today’s lineup, would it be the Ventus Black 8X?  

Thankfully I kept the 9.2x for my 5 wood and have recently put that back in play and it’s as wonderful as I remember. 

Again thanks for taking the time, and after a brief period away from Fuji I am switching back. 

Fuji can certainly correct me if i'm wrong, but the tricky thing about the Ventus line when compared to the Motore Speeder is that, at least in the case of something like the Motore x.2 shafts, the profiles are all different. The Motore 8.2 kind of has elements of all three Ventus shafts in it's profile, and no one Ventus is really that similar. I think you could make the argument that the Ventus Red with some extra tipping would actually probably be the closest match as the Black is much stiffer in the mid section and the Blue is softer in the mid and stiffer in the tip. Honestly, the Atmos Black 8TX is a better bet for a match there as it was more meant as the Motore x.2 successor using basically the same design.  

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

On 10/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, SC-TX 88 said:

@Fujikura Golf Thanks for taking the time. I recently switched over to Ventus Black 7x in my driver and am really encouraged with the results so far as I work on my swing changes with my coach. A question for you guys, in the past I had played the Motore Speeder 8.2 TS X flex in my 3 wood and loved it (and really regret getting rid of that shaft). They are getting pretty hard to come by now, what would me the most similar shaft in today’s lineup, would it be the Ventus Black 8X?  

Our pleasure, here to help. ATMOS Tour Spec Black 8-TX is the successor and the closest or VENTUS Red but no 80 gram in the Red.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:09 AM, getair23 said:

Really intrigued by the MCI practice shaft.  I have a PW that I was considering giving up to the cause.  Would it make any sense to use the Plus shaft at a 7 iron length to make things a little more challenging? 

Not sure on this one...I'd say stick with standard lengths for irons.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, Valtiel said:

Fuji can certainly correct me if i'm wrong, but the tricky thing about the Ventus line when compared to the Motore Speeder is that, at least in the case of something like the Motore x.2 shafts, the profiles are all different. The Motore 8.2 kind of has elements of all three Ventus shafts in it's profile, and no one Ventus is really that similar. I think you could make the argument that the Ventus Red with some extra tipping would actually probably be the closest match as the Black is much stiffer in the mid section and the Blue is softer in the mid and stiffer in the tip. Honestly, the Atmos Black 8TX is a better bet for a match there as it was more meant as the Motore x.2 successor using basically the same design.  

Boom, you are correct. ATMOS TS is the successor to Motore VC line from 2009-ish.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, toddmanley said:

Currently gaming an Atmos TS Blue 8x in my M5 3-wood.  Would a Ventus Blue 8x be an equivalent worth trying?

Quite different profiles, almost a bit flip-flopped. ATMOS TS has very firm handle and VENTUS Blue has a softer handle. That being said VENTUS Blue is an incredibly popular and successful shaft so we would never discourage anyone from trying it even if you like ATMOS profile. Closest to ATMOS in the VENTUS line would be VENTUS Red...but no 80g in red, Only 70g or 90g (tour only, available through some dealers).

I tried playing a Ventus Blue 7X in my driver. I originally had it tipped 0.5" and loved the feel of it, but would have 2-3 drives that would draw and got me in trouble. I want to be hitting always hit a fade with the driver. When I tipped it 0.75" I didn't really care for the feel anymore and my timing went out the window. Would tipping a Black 7X 0.5" be a reasonable place to start to keep the feel, but also protect from the draw a little more? SS 116-118. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Not sure if you're still checking this thread, @Fujikura Golf, but if so I have a question for you: 

I play 4 and 5 hybrids, Ping G425s with the stock Alta 70 Stiff, which weighs 76 grams, at standard length. I've been thinking for a while about going with shorter, iron-length shafts -- so chopping them both down maybe 1.25 inches so the 5H is 38 inches just like my set 5 iron and the 4H is 38.5 inches. I think that might give me greater control and gapping, and am interested in at least giving it a shot while keeping my current shafts in case it doesn't work. It's the concept the TXG guys discuss in this video.

Any particular one of your shafts you'd recommend for this? I have KBS Tour 120 in my irons, but get along well with Project X LZ 6.0 too. Motore X F3 6 in my driver, then the slightly heavier 7 in my fairway wood. Generally would look for something mid/mid.

I know I'd need to get a heavier shaft to do this and to make them more iron-like. Would you look at something like the Ventus HB or just go for an iron shaft? Any thoughts in terms of shaft weight, how it'd need to be cut and anything else that might be relevant to keep from throwing the swing weight way too drastically off and keep a stiff shaft basically stiff? 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

• 1 year later...

Hi Fujikura,

Currently gaming an Aldila NV 2kxv green 75 in my 5w but looking for something heavier. I tend to be a low spin sweeper so looking for some more launch and spin. Does the Atmos Blue 8s or the Motore X F3 7s tend to spin more?

Nick

Edited by nickslobo

6 minutes ago, nickslobo said:

Hi Fujikura,

Currently gaming an Aldila NV 2kxv green 75 in my 5w but looking for something heavier. I tend to be a low spin sweeper so looking for some more launch and spin. Does the Atmos Blue 8s or the Motore X F3 7s tend to spin more?

Nick

@Fujikura Golf

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC