2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Sub70 639 Iron Testing! Muscle, Cavity Back, or Combo! Your Choice!

In a post below, answer the following:

City, Sate? Orlando, Florida Handicap? 2Current gamer irons? Mizuno mp59Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Why not, I’m looking to update my mizzy was looking at mp-20 combo or srixon x785/z forged. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, I do.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City, Sate? Dallas, GAHandicap? 3.4Current gamer irons? Srixon 785 - Z Forged comboWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? The look immaculate and I really want to test the feel against my current gamers.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely. I would love to share my experience.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

City, Sate? Irvine, CAHandicap? 8Current gamer irons? Ping iBladesWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’m curious to see how the company compares against today’s established brands. I’ve played all types of irons from all the top brands, so I have some experience and opinion on how it would stack up against the big players.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, absolutely!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

City, Sate? Omaha, NEHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? TaylorMade P760Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? The promise of workable irons being soft and good feeling is very intriguing to me. I'm always looking for a set that is better than what I have.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes of course!

City, Sate? Brighton, MIHandicap? 4.8Current gamer irons? Srixon Z-ForgedWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? They look great and wondering if they feel/perform as good as they look. Also, I've heard great things about SUB70.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB or ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

NK RI8.7Mizuno MP-63Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Have heard great things about Sub70 and the milling looks fantasticWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes, Yes, Yes!

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

City, Sate? Grand Rapids, MIHandicap? 14Current gamer irons? TM RSI-2Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I've always been interested in smaller equipment companies. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of Course!

City, Sate? Palm Harbor, FLHandicap? 6Current gamer irons? Taylormade P760Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I've heard loads of great reviews about the clubs, and just as important, the cust service/owner.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo! 4, 5, 6 CB ; 7, 8, 9, W MBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yep!

Callaway Paradym TD 9* - MCA D+ LTD 70TX

Taylormade Sim 15* - MRC Kai'li Blue 70TX

Titleist U505 1-Iron - MRC Tensei Blue 75X

Callaway Apex MB (8-PW) XForged (4-7) - MCA MMT 105TX

Vokey Wedges - 52/56 - DG AMT S300

EVNROLL Midlock ER2V

City, Sate? Brookfield, ILHandicap? 8Current gamer irons? Snake eyes 600cWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Clubs look great, would love to test and play themWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Long Beach, CAHandicap? 4.1Current gamer irons? Srixon 745/Bridgestone J15 cbWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I love trying different sets of irons, would love to give Sub70 a chance to knock out my reigning champs and see how they compare to some WRX faves.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? 100%

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

City, State?

Hollidaysburg, Pa

Handicap?

Current gamer irons?

Combo of 4-7 Ben Hogan PTx and 8-P Ben Hogan Ft Worth 15

Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons?

I love companies that offer a combo set as I prefer the more precise scoring clubs workability, but prefer straightness and forgiveness in the mid to long irons. They also look fantastic!

What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)?

Combo of course!

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos?

Yes, I have a great driving range 10 minutes from my house and my course that I am a member at is open for business, so testing will not be an issue. I also have no problem providing a detailed write up and high quality photos. It’s the least I could do!

Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 Tour Spec X

Taylormade V-Steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75TX

Titleist 913 19* Diamana 82hy S
Srixon ZX4 MKII 4i Modus 105s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-P Modus 105s

TM MG 50/54 Project X 6.5 8i 

TM Tiger Grind 60* TI s400

TM Rossa Tourismo agsi+

City, Sate? Houston, TxHandicap? 8.4Current gamer irons? Taylormade PSI, although I have a set of Sub70 699 Pro's on orderWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I'd really like to provide a comparison of the 639's vs the 699 Pro vs Taylormade PSI. Basically put a couple models of Sub70's up against a big name brand.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Most definitely

City, Sate? Philadelphia, PAHandicap? +0.2Current gamer irons? Titleist 735.CM ComboWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I have been looking for a combo set to replace my Titleists for awhile and love the look of the Sub70sWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely!

City, State: Richmond, IN

Handicap: 0.3 Index

Current Gamer irons: TaylorMade P790(2019) 6-PW

Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 Forged Irons: I am always looking at new companies and the equipment they make. It would be nice to compare and see the performance of the Sub70 brand. I have heard good things about their offerings and the pictures show a well designed iron.

What set do you want to test(MB, CB, or Combo): I would want PW, 9, 8 in MB and 7,6,5 in CB

Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting review and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Duluth, MNHandicap? 9Current gamer irons? Callaway X Forged '18 UT 2 Iron; X Forged '18 4, 5 Iron; X Forged '18 RAW 6-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Their commitment to quality and the consumer. Also heard good things. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Kansas City, MO areaHandicap? 6.9Current gamer irons? Titleist T100 4-PWWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Would love to test a smaller company's product (e.g. not Titleist/Taylormade, etc.) What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo, 4-5 cb, 6-PW MB, in the black finish if possibleDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

TSR3 10o - Ventus Blue TR 6-x

915fd 5w - D+ Ltd. 80-x

Ts2 7w - Rombax P95-x

T200 3G 5-P - PX 6.5

Vokey 46oF, 52oF, 56oS, 60oV - PX 6.5

SC T22 NP2

City, Sate? Ankeny, IAHandicap? 1.3Current gamer irons? Honma Rose ProtoWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? Have heard a LOT about this company and would love to see if their forged irons are on par with the other big brands out there. Also curious on feel, workability, and turf interaction! What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? MB! Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

City, Sate? Encinitas, CAHandicap? 7.7Current gamer irons? 2019 Cobra King Forged CBsWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? To see if I can get the same performance and save a ton of cash while supporting small businessesWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Of course, yes.

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

City, Sate? Columbus OhioHandicap? 7Current gamer irons? Bridgestone J15Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged ? My buddies and I are always talking about purchasing non major OEM brands and Sub70 seems like our type of company. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Danville, Indiana10Srixon Z585I've heard great things about the customer service of this company. I love the look of all the irons and would definitely enjoy hitting the CB's?CBHeck yeah, least I can do!

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

City, Sate? Carrollton, GaHandicap? 1Current gamer irons? JPX900TWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I've been interested in sub 70 products for a while and have not had an opportunity to test them. They look fantastic and would like to compare them to mine. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes

Driver- PING G400 VC 6.1 X
5 wood- Bridgestone J33 VS Proto
3-PW JPX 900 Tour SPR X
52,56,60 Ping Glide
Putter - Scotty Cameron TEi3 Newport

City, Sate? Orland Park, IL... I will even drive to come pick them up :)Handicap? 9.8Current gamer irons? Mizuno MP18/SC18 combo set with project x LZ 6.0 soft stepped onceWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I love what your company represents and the fact that you are a local IL company all the better. I had a question and the owner of the company called me to answer it... I got off the phone and immediately told my wife that I was impressed with the response. I would love to give my money to a small company where I know the owner and employees but I want to make sure that they are worth the $$. I know my mizunos are worth the $$ so I would like to see if these compare. If they can deliver on performance I am more than happy to convert from my mizunos over to sub 70. What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? I would love to test the combo set against my mizuno combo set both on the course and on my gc quad at home. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Yes for sure

Santa Fe, NM

Miura CB-1008/Miura MB-001

My name is Keith and I'm a club ho. The moderate size and milling really appeal to me, and the offset looks almost ideal.

Combo set please

Absolutely will give a thorough review

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

City, Sate? Florence, Ky (10 mikes outside Cincinnati, Oh)Handicap? 13Current gamer irons? Ping g450 5-U vs Callaway Apex CF19 5-AWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’ve never seen or tried the brand and would love to give them a go.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? CBDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

City, Sate? Lexington NCHandicap? 5Current gamer irons? Taylormade 730 7-P, Bridgestone J36 4-6Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I want to support a new company, excited about made in USA forged iron. Looking for a little more forgiveness and a little more distance than the set I'm currently playing.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? ComboDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely

City, Sate? Rome, GAHandicap? 9Current gamer irons? Taylormade p790Why do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? I’d like to test these up against the big boys to see how a direct to consumer brand stacks up. They look great so that adds to the appealWhat set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? Combo setDo you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? Absolutely, I will do thorough on course and launch monitor testing and keep a photo diary of everything.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Thank you for this amazing opportunity. Recently learned about Sub 70 and I am intrigued - at the very least, they're gorgeous.

City, Sate? - San Diego, CAHandicap? - 8.xCurrent gamer irons? MP-54sWhy do you want to test the Sub70 639 forged irons? - I've never been a distance chaser. I prefer forgiveness, workability, and feel much much more. I've never owned irons like these - they have the appearance of combining the best of all of these attributes. I've tried numerous clubs over the years since purchasing the mp-54s many years ago but have never found any that really blew my mind. I'm hoping that these will do that, I've heard great things about Sub70 but have never swung them.What set do you want to test (MB, CB, or Combo)? - Probably a CB set. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and high quality photos? - 100%. I'd come up with a thorough test plan as well that involves Launch Monitor stats + on-course experience.