Diamana TB

autronicdsm

5 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

You're absolutely correct, the 1K line has great feel to it.  I have the Tensei 1K and TPO 1K that are interchangeable for my driver depending on what I'm trying to accomplish out on the course.  Will we see a TPB 1K within the year?  I really want to get one for my 3 metal, hehe. 

Nice! And honestly, probably not within the year. Blue profile focus this year for us is Kai'li Blue and you'll be seeing that very shortly!

• Like 2

Just now, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Nice! And honestly, probably not within the year. Blue profile focus this year for us is Kai'li Blue and you'll be seeing that very shortly!

I love the way my ZF feels, but quite frankly, I'm seeing the ball go left more often nowadays even when I make a good swing.  I'm trying  to find something within the MCA family that will give me the same feel of the ZF but more anti-left.  Any suggestions?  Had the TB but that sucker went more left than the ZF.

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

15 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I love the way my ZF feels, but quite frankly, I'm seeing the ball go left more often nowadays even when I make a good swing.  I'm trying  to find something within the MCA family that will give me the same feel of the ZF but more anti-left.  Any suggestions?  Had the TB but that sucker went more left than the ZF.

Need some more info, DM'ed you!

1 hour ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

This is a good question!

TB is our 5th Generation Diamana Blue profile and BF is our 4th Generation Diamana Blue profile. If Diamana had to be characterized in a few words, we'd use "smooth" and "classic." Our design philosophy is usually to build upon prior successful structures and add new technologies and construction techniques we've discovered along the way. So TB built on the success of BF by adding Consistent Feel Design -- which is a huge help for fitters in fitting bays around the world -- and also added our Xlink Tech Resin System that created a much more carbon-rich structure than previously used in Diamana profiles. 

TENSEI is our only product family that calls out the exact technology used in the part within the name of the shaft. If you think about TENSEI CK (Carbon Kevlar), TENSEI AV (Aluminum Vapor) and now TENSEI 1K (1K cloth carbon fiber), it shows how much TENSEI leans into the tech side of the shaft story. This isn't meant to suggest that feel isn't a priority for TENSEI as it certainly still is, but hierarchically (tough word to spell) feel would be secondary to technological advancement by the slimmest of margins. Obviously anyone who has hit the new 1K Pro family knows feel still absolutely matters to TENSEI!

TENSEI AV Blue 22 built on AV RAW Blue much the same way TB built on BF. And yes, TENSEI AV Blue is used in some OEM programs (and OEM programs will always be a core, fundamental part of our business because we have to always keep the lights on!) but it can't be written off. It adds proven new technology to a winning structure.

So Diamana Blues: totally feel oriented, super classic, super smooth.

TENSEI blues: a little firmer, more linear, probably a little less give.

Both blues: worth trying. All golfers are different.

I love the stock X flex Diamana that came with the Taylormade Original One mini driver, and was looking to get that same feel with my Ping 425 LST. Thinking of trying the Diamana BF unless you'd suggest something different?

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

TB or BF for sure!

thanks!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

5 hours ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

what can we expect out of the new Kaali blue? Is it like the Tensei, TB, or AV?

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

@phizzy30and @MMB1500 -- there won't be a replacement for TB in the immediate future. We're still rounding out the 5th Gen Diamana family. TB built on BF, PD built on DF... you might be able to guess where we're headed next with Diamana 😀 (separately phizzy -- impressed you already have 1K Pro Orange in the bag!)

And yes while we are in active development on Kai'li Blue -- and that is certainly a Blue profile -- it won't take much structurally/materially from the Diamana blue products. In our product lines we often have a few products in similar launch and spin windows because golf swings and golfer preferences everywhere have so much variance. Take for example our "white" profile family: We offer Kai'li White, Diamana PD and TENSEI 1K Pro White that can all be categorized as "low-low" but accomplish it through different materials and construction techniques. But equally important to the golfer -- they may not feel all that similar.

So while Diamana TB, TENSEI AV RAW Blue and an eventual Kai'li Blue will all be categorized as "mid-mid," they will accomplish that performance through different materials and construction, but with much different feels for all types of golfers.

out of these "Diamana TB, TENSEI AV RAW Blue and an eventual Kai'li Blue", which is the highest launching? 

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Viper4225 said:

out of these "Diamana TB, TENSEI AV RAW Blue and an eventual Kai'li Blue", which is the highest launching? 

Thanks!!

Had the TB and have tested the AV Raw Blue and Kai'li Blue.  TB launches the highest. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

• 1 month later...

I just recently switched over to the TB after having the Pro Orange 1K in the bag since it's release.  Finding it more "forgiving" on mishits which is nice.  The reason for the switch is that I'm not getting any younger and my back isn't feeling any better.  I don't have to hit up on it as much to get the optimal launch angle and apex for my ss.  It's surprisingly stable for a blue board profile which I don't normally fit into for driver.  Had the 80X last year in 3 metal and it was awful but great in driver.  Funny how that works out.

• Like 1

Played the original Kaili 70X and 80X in driver + 3/5w respectively for a really long time. I am a fast player at ~122ss and 180 ball but still kept tipping standard as I like a hair more “feel to my woods shafts”. 

Recently added a Diamana TB 70X (tipped 1 inch) and TB 80X (standard tipping) to my new TSr 16.5* and 21* metals which plays amazing. 

i am what fitters call a spin “killer” and usually struggle with low spin more than the opposite. These keep my numbers amazing (285 and 260 carry on those fairway woods) and keep me in a spin window to hold greens. 5 wood now feels like a weapon into greens. 

For other shaft context - in my TSi3 driver I’ve been playing either a BF 60TX std tipping or (2011) Kaili 60X tipped 1 inch. Modus 130X is in my irons & 125W in wedges. 

I’m back and forth between Diamana TB and Tour AD HD.  Really liking both of these shafts.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

8 minutes ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

I’m back and forth between Diamana TB and Tour AD HD.  Really liking both of these shafts.

Recently got the TB for driver and had the HD last year.  I prefer the TB as it feels smoother.  Dispersion is better with the TB as well.  HD is a solid shaft though for someone that likes mid/mid-low but doesn't want as much kick to it like the TB. 

Have a 50x on order for my driver. Anyone have experience with that weight in an X?

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

10 hours ago, xandersingh said:

Have a 50x on order for my driver. Anyone have experience with that weight in an X?

I see that you play the PVD Hulk for driver which is a totally different profile than the TB.  What made you order a TB?  I went from the 1K Pro Orange which is low/low and linear to the TB which you probably know is mid/mid and has some kick to it.  I have 3 herniated discs in my back and I don't have to hit up on it as much with the TB to get similar numbers compared to the 1K Orange and dispersion is still good. 

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

I see that you play the PVD Hulk for driver which is a totally different profile than the TB.  What made you order a TB?  I went from the 1K Pro Orange which is low/low and linear to the TB which you probably know is mid/mid and has some kick to it.  I have 3 herniated discs in my back and I don't have to hit up on it as much with the TB to get similar numbers compared to the 1K Orange and dispersion is still good. 

Basically the same thing. 2 herniated discs in my neck haha. Wanted to try something I could swing smoother

Driver Taylormade Qi10

6 hours ago, xandersingh said:

Basically the same thing. 2 herniated discs in my neck haha. Wanted to try something I could swing smoother

I had a sneaking suspicion that injuries would the culprit in your case as well, lol.  I love mine.  It feels like a slightly beefier DI that's way more stable IMO.   

40 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I had a sneaking suspicion that injuries would the culprit in your case as well, lol.  I love mine.  It feels like a slightly beefier DI that's way more stable IMO.   

Sounds just what I’m looking for! If I like it in my driver, planning to pick up a 70x for my 3 wood

• Like 1

Driver Taylormade Qi10

9 hours ago, xandersingh said:

Sounds just what I’m looking for! If I like it in my driver, planning to pick up a 70x for my 3 wood

Surprisingly didn't work in my 3 metal.  It was high and spinny on good shots and would hook hard on bad ones.  I have the ZF atm, but having a GT come in sometime this week which is the updated version that's more anti-left. 

• Like 1

Two rounds in with the TB 60s in my Rogue ST Max LS driver. Two great driving rounds. Accurate and nice height. I enjoy the feel of it more than the 1K lineup by quite a margin. The TB profile seems to fit me perfectly. Playing a 10.5 LS head but I think I could drop to a 9 with the TB. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• 1 month later...

70tx zf in ping g425 lst 3 wood at 42 is really good tb 80tx in pxg gen 2 five wood at 40.25 is awesome built same length as srixon zx7 19 hybrid it replaced and it is money with standard length shaft it flew too far but shorter and flatter it’s great I don’t see the big left miss I get from hybrids loved the s+ diamana dialead 70/80tx shafts in my fairways a good few years ago don’t know why I ever went away from that profile it just works for me the zf feels a bit more robust but not as stout as the ventus black 70x it replaced I can swing easier when required the ventus always felt like it had to be all out to work consistently 

Titleist tsr3 8* C1 Diamana zf60tx 44.75”

Ping g425 LST 14.5 Diamana zf70tx 42.5”

PXG gen 2 5 wood 18* Diamana TB80tx 41”

PXG GEN 2  hybrid 22* Ventus blue 9x tip 1.5 inch 39”

Mizuno mp20 MMC 5-pw kbs c-taper 130X

Mizuno t20 50* kbs c-taper 130x

Mizuno ES21 54/58 kbs c-taper 130x

Ping Sigma G Kushin 33" custom flat cat svelte 

-prov1x

• 4 weeks later...

Got a Diamana PD 60tx coming for the driver. Currently playing the Linq m40x red in the 3w. 

Is the TB a good compliment to the PD in the 3w or are y’all just keeping it the same? I was planning on tipping a 70tx 1” in the TB
@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL

Edited by Tommyboi95

Just now, Tommyboi95 said:

Got a Diamana PD 60tx coming for the driver. Currently playing the Linq m40x red in the 3w. 

Is the TB a good compliment to the PD in the 3w or are y’all just keeping it the same? I was planning on tipping a 70tx 1” in the TB
@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL

Unfortunately it's money in my driver and I couldn't keep it from going left for 3 metal.  Then again, I think I might not have tipped it enough.  Also, I had the 80x.  The 80TX may have worked out though.  Happy with my GT 80TX though. 

12 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Unfortunately it's money in my driver and I couldn't keep it from going left for 3 metal.  Then again, I think I might not have tipped it enough.  Also, I had the 80x.  The 80TX may have worked out though.  Happy with my GT 80TX though. 

Do you have any issues with the GT launching higher than the TB in the 3w? Or about the same just less spin 

11 hours ago, Tommyboi95 said:

Do you have any issues with the GT launching higher than the TB in the 3w? Or about the same just less spin 

GT launches maybe a touch lower than the TB but the difference is that the GT flattens out at the apex and spins less. 

On 12/30/2022 at 5:45 PM, Tommyboi95 said:

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL

Hey Tommy -- in our opinion, yes, they work well together. But it's also player dependent. Not everyone is seeking the same thing.

• Like 2

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL I have had a lot of success with blue boards. I can shape it both ways, avg 10 fairways, driver is a strength. Currently game the stock sim shaft, Diamana S+plus Limited 2nd gen, 65x tipped 1". Swing speed 107 with it, also have an aggressive transition. When I've tested other 55-60g shafts (ex. Aldila rogue elite blue 55x tipped 1") I get up to 110 and gain distance. But the shafts start to feel whippy and dispersion suffers, losing it more left.

The TB 50tx on paper seems like a decent option. Is that what you'd suggest or the GT? In San Diego and will try to find a fitter with the TX to test.

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket @13*, Aldila NV Green 55x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, Aldila NV Green 55x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r Standard

Ball: TP5X 2019/2024

Just now, enfuego said:

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL I have had a lot of success with blue boards. I can shape it both ways, avg 10 fairways, driver is a strength. Currently game the stock sim shaft, Diamana S+plus Limited 2nd gen, 65x tipped 1". Swing speed 107 with it, also have an aggressive transition. When I've tested other 55-60g shafts (ex. Aldila rogue elite blue 55x tipped 1") I get up to 110 and gain distance. But the shafts start to feel whippy and dispersion suffers, losing it more left.

The TB 50tx on paper seems like a decent option. Is that what you'd suggest or the GT? In San Diego and will try to find a fitter with the TX to test.

I'll chime in.  I have the TB in driver and GT in 3 metal.  GT is more stable/anti-left than the TB.  It's also slightly lower launch and spin.  Flattens out at the apex whereas the TB can get a bit floaty and spinny.  TB has more kick to it and my ball speed jumped up 1-2 mph compared to the GT when I tested it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I'll chime in.  I have the TB in driver and GT in 3 metal.  GT is more stable/anti-left than the TB.  It's also slightly lower launch and spin.  Flattens out at the apex whereas the TB can get a bit floaty and spinny.  TB has more kick to it and my ball speed jumped up 1-2 mph compared to the GT when I tested it. 

Thanks Phizzy! 

Currently in the market for the GT now..70tx